Discuss Scratch

Za-Chary
Scratch Team
1000+ posts

The Complete List of Rejected Suggestions

GENERAL INFORMATION

WELCOME TO THE LIST OF REJECTED SUGGESTIONS!
This topic contains any suggestions that have previously been rejected by the Scratch Team. As a result, these suggestions will not be added to Scratch, so please do not make any posts in the “Suggestions” forums asking for one of these. Otherwise, you may be directed to this post.

PLEASE DO NOT SUGGEST THINGS HERE!
I am a member of the Scratch Team, but your suggestion will get more attention if you make your own topic about it. Also, please do not spam; any spam or off-topic posts will be reported.


There were previous topics about the rejected suggestions, but they have all become either inactive or incomplete. You can see the old topics below:

@jvvg's List (May 2013 – February 2017),
@customhacker's List (February 2017 – August 2018),
@LionHeart70's List (August 2018 – March 2019).

Descriptions for each rejected suggestion have been written by myself, and for most of the suggestions, I have included a link to a post that serves as the official rejection. Every suggestion listed here has been officially rejected by the Scratch Team.

Please let me know if any information is incorrect, missing, or outdated! I will do my best to update and revise the list as needed. In addition, feel free to tell me if there are any spelling mistakes or formatting errors.

There are currently 44 rejected suggestions. This list will be updated regularly.

Click here for a table of contents.
Click here for the suggestions that have been rejected most recently.

THE REJECTED SUGGESTIONS

1. Scratch Blocks

1.1 “Broadcast received” boolean block
Some users want a block that looks like the block below, referencing broadcasts. But, there is a lot of ambiguity on how this would work. Would it return true if the broadcast was fired since the project was created, since the green flag was clicked, or since something else was broadcasted? The workaround is simple: use variables that change when a broadcast is received, then use the “equals” block.

However, the blocks “repeat until broadcast received” and “wait until broadcast received” are NOT rejected; you can discuss them on this post.

<[message v] received? :: events>

1.2 “When stop sign clicked” hat block
Some users want a block that looks like the block below, allowing users to click the stop sign to run a script. However, the stop sign is designed to stop all the scripts in the project. With this block in place, more scripts will start when you want the project to stop, thus defeating the purpose of the stop sign. This could also be rather confusing for the “stop all” block. Regardless, there is a workaround that uses the “when (timer) > (number)” hat block; one such workaround can be found in this post.

when stop sign clicked :: events :: hat

1.3 3D Scratch
Scratch is a language that is designed to be as easy as possible for beginners to learn. Adding 3D features would make the language more difficult for beginners to understand, and a 3D engine is not exactly the purpose of Scratch. There is a similar program to Scratch that contains block programming with 3D features, called Starlogo TNG. You can also try Alice; it is not exactly like Scratch, but has some similar features.

1.4 Digital currency or money blocks
Essentially, digital currency would not really benefit the educational value of Scratch; after all, there is not really anything that you can buy. While there could be features that are only unlockable via digital currency, this does not really contribute to Scratch's purpose of being a programming language available for everyone. In addition, it is not clear as to how users could obtain this digital currency. However, you can make digital currency in your own projects, if you like.

The problem with money blocks is that many users on the website are young and do not quite know how money works (and most do not even have a credit card account). Users could make projects which require others to pay a large amount of money in order to play the project. Overall, it adds further complexity to the website, and would limit users' access, without any clear benefit towards the educational value.

A very good detailed analysis for why digital currency should not be on Scratch can be found on this post.

1.5 Cloud Lists
Cloud variables currently have several restrictions. There can be at most 10 cloud variables per project due to server costs. New Scratchers cannot use cloud variables, for it is easy to misuse them. Cloud variables can only support up to 256 numeric digits so it is harder to create chat projects; for more information, see #3.1 on this list.

Cloud lists would require similar restrictions, and the issues currently presented with cloud variables would only grow with the addition of cloud lists. You can still use cloud variables to create a list which contains entries everyone can see, but the Scratch Team will not be adding an official, easy way to make cloud lists.

2. The Coding Interface

2.1 Adding users to work on projects
This would be difficult to moderate not only due to server limitations, but also because it could lead to private messaging. For more information, see #6.1 on this list. This suggestion includes live editing (similar to Google Docs) and other forms of private collaboration. If you would like to work on a project with another Scratcher, you can remix each others' projects.

It is possible that eventually the Scratch Team may get enough resources to address the moderation issues; however, the Scratch Team will not spend any time discussing these possibilities until then (and this likely would not be anytime soon).

2.2 Text-based coding in Scratch
Some users wish to code Scratch not with the blocks, but with typing code instead (similar to how more advanced programming languages work). However, the Scratch Team has discussed this possibility multiple times and has decided every time that it would not be beneficial for beginners or for teachers.

One amazing thing about block-based programming is that syntax errors largely do not exist. Text-based programming would indeed introduce syntax errors which younger users might not understand.

This suggestion extends to coding Scratch in any text, including BBCode, Javascript, some form of pseudocode, or some other programming language. If you wish to code using Javascript, for instance, then you can learn Javascript on your own; but it would have to be done outside of Scratch.

2.3 Set the editor to look like older versions of Scratch
Some users prefer the look and feel of the Scratch 2.0 editor, and have suggested that the editor look like Scratch 2.0, but still run off of HTML5 like Scratch 3.0 does. However, this would be more complicated for educational and documentation purposes. It could be confusing if someone is trying to learn Scratch from someone who is using a completely different layout of the editor than them.

In addition, the Scratch Team changed the design for a reason: to make it easier, more intuitive, and friendlier for newcomers to use. If you dislike the Scratch 3.0 editor, you can still download the Scratch 1.4 or Scratch 2.0 offline editors; for more information, see #2.4 on this list.

However, the Scratch Team is still considering adding options to change the block size inside the editor, an option to switch the side of the screen the stage is on, and an option for a dark mode interface. It may be some time, though, before these ideas are implemented; please be patient.

2.4 Revert back to older versions of Scratch
Scratch has to update sometimes in order to accommodate for certain changes. In particular, an online editor that ran off of Adobe Flash (rather than Java) was added in Scratch 2.0, and Scratch 3.0 was created for tablet support and in anticipation of the discontinuation of Flash. Changing the editor back to these older versions of Scratch would not only undo years of hard work by the Scratch Team, but also might not work online anymore. If you wish, you can download the Scratch 1.4 and Scratch 2.0 offline editors. However, the Scratch Team is likely no longer concerned with fixing any bugs with these offline editors.

The Scratch Team is still working on bug fixes, new features, and other improvements on Scratch 3.0. The new interface was created in such a way that it is easy for the Scratch Team to make new updates, and they are indeed continuously making new updates (although these updates and bug fixes take much longer to implement than you think). Do not worry, Scratch 3.0 is far from finished!

2.5 Increase the 300 clone limit
The clone limit is set in place in order to prevent projects from becoming unplayable. Otherwise, users could create a large amount of clones very quickly and crash someone's browser page. Plus, the Scratch Team wants to make sure that all projects run smoothly for as many people as possible. Increasing the limit to even 500 clones might make the project run slowly on some users' devices.

2.6 Remove the 50 MB project size limit
Server space costs the Scratch Team money. At the same time, they want to be sure that Scratch is free for everybody. They cannot afford unlimited project space on the website with this goal in mind.

3. Scratch Projects

3.1 Blacklisted chat projects with cloud variables
Although it is possible to make a chat project using cloud variables, you cannot make such a project if the user can type anything they want. This is because there are many potential bullying problems or inappropriate messages, and the Scratch Team does not have the resources to moderate these chat rooms.

Even if a blacklist is used (that is, a list of words the user cannot type), there are still problems. If “cat” was a bad word, for instance, you could instead type “c a t”, “kat”, “catt”, “c.at”, “c@”, or many other workarounds. In addition, if a blacklist was implemented in a cloud chat project, any user could look inside the project and see a list of bad words.

You can make a cloud chat on Scratch as long as it has a whitelist; that is, the user can only chat using certain words. In addition, chats must be visible by all users running the project; individual rooms are not allowed. Check out this project for a good example of a whitelist, approved by Scratch Team member @Paddle2See*.

3.2 Disable remixing or ban minor remixes
One of the most important ideas of Scratch is the share aspect. Scratch is a website not only for displaying your work, but also for sharing it, and by posting your project on the Scratch website you agree to allow others to remix your work. You are not allowed to write “Do not remix this project” in the Notes and Credits of your project; you may get alerted for this.

A remix of a project is allowed on Scratch, even if the remix only contains minor changes (this includes recolors). However, when you remix a project, you should put in the Notes and Credits what you changed. A project that contains no noticeable changes can still be reported; changing the color of one pixel in one backdrop would not be considered a valid remix, for example.

For more information, see #4.1 on this list. This suggestion extends to “extremely minor remixes”, such a remix of a game that gives you 2 points per second instead of 1. As long as the user explains what they changed about the project and gives proper credit, this is okay.

3.3 Remove restrictions on Five Nights at Freddy's projects
You can read more about why these restrictions were placed on the post above. Because of the content in these games, the reputation of Scratch had been ruined at one point. The Scratch Team does not want to risk their reputation by removing these restrictions.

This suggestion extends to any project with jumpscares in them, even if they have warnings in them (after all, projects should be for all ages, and young children may not understand what they are getting themselves into). However, you are free to use Five Nights at Freddy's characters in your project as long as the project follows the Community Guidelines (one example is a Five Nights at Freddy's dress-up game). Be sure to report any project that does not follow the Community Guidelines, especially if it contains jumpscares or scary images.

3.4 Ban a certain franchise
Generally the Scratch Team does not ban projects based off of a certain franchise unless a large number of inappropriate projects were made with the franchise. An example of a franchise with lots of inappropriate projects includes Five Nights at Freddy's; for more information, see #3.3 on this list. Of course, you should always report inappropriate projects of any kind.

3.5 Ban projects with no coding
Scratch encourages creativity, simple as that. As a result, many kinds of projects are allowed, such as algorithms, games, art, animations, music, and others. Some of these projects do not necessarily need any scripts in them, and the Scratch Team will not require that they do.

4. Project Pages

4.1 Disable “See Inside” or restrict sharing
Some users want an option to prevent Scratchers from looking inside their project and using their artwork, scripts, or sounds (perhaps to hide surprises or prevent users from cheating). However, the motto of Scratch is "Imagine – Program – Share". By sharing a project on the Scratch website, you are allowing others to see the code and potentially remix or reuse the data inside, as long as they give credit. (Please report any projects that do not seem to give credit for assets they did not make.) If you do not want other users to see inside your project, then do not share your project on the Scratch website.

Restricting sharing so that only certain users can view the project is also not going to be implemented. It is important for projects to be publicly shared for everyone to see so that people can report them if they are inappropriate. Only allowing certain users to view projects could increase the chance that inappropriate projects can be shared on the website, and this is an Internet safety issue. It could also be used for private messaging; for more information, see #6.1 on this list.

4.2 Dislike button or a project rating system
This idea has a major drawback. Generally, a user's first project is something rather simple, such as a test project, a remix, or a project made using a tutorial. Because this project is simple, other users may give the project low ratings since it is not advanced. With low enough ratings, the creator might be discouraged enough to stop using Scratch even though the creator is just trying to learn. If you do not like a project, you could choose not to love it, or you could leave a respectful and constructive comment telling the user how to improve.

4.3 Delete or edit your comments on other users' projects
This is put in place so users do not post inappropriate comments or spam comments on other users' profiles, projects, or studios. In contrast, you are not really likely to spam your own projects or profile. Moreover, this could lead to comment manipulation, such as commenting that a user likes a project, waiting until someone replies with “I agree!”, and then editing the original comment to say that the user hates the project, or by leaving a comment saying “This is horrible, you should add more levels!” and then editing it to say “You should add more levels!”

4.4 Remove character limits on comments
This is placed to prevent spam. Before the limit was in place, some users posted very large blocks of text in a comment, such as entire Wikipedia articles. It is also hard on the servers to support large blocks of text like this. If you ever run out of space, you can always reply to your own comment to continue your discussion.

4.5 Notifications for viewing projects
Projects generally get significantly more views than loves, favorites, or comments, so this would lead to even more unwanted messages. Views are also different from loves and favorites in that users can view a project to see if they like it, and then love or favorite the project if they do like it. In this way, some drama could also be started if a user sees that another user viewed a project, but did not love or favorite it. Despite all this, there is a workaround for this using cloud variables, so one could potentially see who viewed a project.

This suggestion extends to seeing who viewed your project, even if you don't get a notification for it. Either way, this suggestion is rejected; the Scratch Team feels that it is better to keep views anonymous.

5. Studio Pages

5.1 Remove studio activity messages
Although they may seem annoying at times, they can be rather helpful for some users. Removing such messages entirely does not have a clear benefit for everyone. If you find it annoying, one easy way to solve this is to not curate so many studios.

However, the option to turn them off is NOT rejected. You can discuss it on this post.

5.2 Add an “invite all followers” button for studios
This feature existed in Scratch 2.0, but it was essentially an easy way for one user to create lots of notification spam for other users, most of which was unwanted. By removing this feature, users are forced to work a little bit to invite a large number of users.

5.3 Remove “add everything” or “invite everyone” studios
These studios are not against the Community Guidelines and are also rather harmless. Furthermore, the Scratch Team marks these studios NFE, so they generally will not show up in search results anyway.

6. Scratch Community

6.1 Private messaging
Scratch currently has public messaging, meaning anyone is able to see the comments that you write. As a result, people are more likely to be respectful since anyone can see the comment. However, with private messaging, people know that only the intended recipient can see the message, so users may not think before posting. This could lead to many more disrespectful or inappropriate comments.

The Scratch Team also simply does not have the resources to moderate a private messaging system, precisely because there would be a lot of disrespectful or inappropriate comments. In addition, it goes against the general rules of Internet safety, and is not really the purpose of using Scratch anyway.

This suggestion extends to allowing users to post links to other private messaging websites, such as Discord. With childrens' safety in mind, many such messaging websites are not as well-moderated as Scratch is. If such links were allowed, Scratch may be held responsible if anything bad happens to someone.

6.2 A 13+ version of the Scratch website or age-restricted content
Scratch is designed for ages 8 to 16, but any content shared on the website must be appropriate for all ages. Dividing the community by making a separate, age-restricted website would not really be helpful. Potential restrictions from entering the website (such as a warning, or requiring a parent to answer math equations) would not necessarily stop a child from entering the 13+ website.

This suggestion extends to age-restricting anything on Scratch, such as viewing NFE (Not For Everyone) projects. To summarize once again, Scratch is designed for all ages, period.

6.3 Ban “follow for follow” (f4f)
Asking someone to participate in follow for follow is relatively harmless. It is also not really enforceable; how do you stop someone from doing follow for follow? If someone asks you to do follow for follow, and you do not want to, just politely decline their request. If they keep spamming you with requests, you can report that user.

6.4 Scratch Team members should not post political views
According to the Community Guidelines, “Scratch welcomes people of all ages, races, ethnicities, religions, abilities, sexual orientations, and gender identities.” As long as your beliefs and statements are respectful, you are allowed to express them, and this includes members of the Scratch Team. Just because some Scratch Team members are LGBTQ+ supporters, for instance, does not mean that they are inherently against members of certain political parties.

7. Account Information

7.1 Changing usernames
If a user could change his or her username (or even set a certain “nickname”), this could be very confusing for the Scratch community, especially for those following that user. In addition, this would make moderation of the website more difficult because it would be harder for the Scratch Team to keep an eye on what a user may be doing. It could also be hard on the servers. The Scratch Team has allowed username changes only on very rare occasions, such as if the username contained inappropriate or revealing content. Generally the Scratch Team does not change usernames on request (such as “I do not like my current username anymore”).

However, because of the way that usernames are stored on the server, changing the cases of letters in your username (for example, changing @Za-Chary to @ZA-CHARY) is NOT rejected; you can discuss it on this post.

7.2 Add a rank above Scratcher or remove the New Scratcher status
There are three ranks: New Scratcher, Scratcher, and Scratch Team. The only reason the New Scratcher rank exists is to prevent spam, and since it only takes two weeks to become a Scratcher, bullying and separation is rather minimal. Similarly, the Scratch Team rank exists so users know who is on the Scratch Team; generally, Scratch Team members do not brag about the Scratch Team rank. In contrast, there may be division in the community between Scratchers and those with a higher rank, which could also lead to bragging and bullying.

Although the restrictions for New Scratchers may seem annoying, they are extremely effective against spam and inappropriate content. For New Scratchers who are wondering how to become a Scratcher or what it means to be one, check out this post. The Scratch Team will not allow any accounts can “skip” the New Scratcher status, even if it is an alternate account of an existing account.

7.3 Show when users are online
This suggestion refers to some sort of indicator that lets you know if a particular user is currently online. The Scratch Team has discussed it and has decided that it is not something that can benefit Scratch overall. Between making projects, sharing projects, and viewing projects, an online indicator is not much help in these areas; the main uses of Scratch.

7.4 Show when users are banned
The Scratch Team does not share account information with anyone other than the account owner. In addition, a banned user may not want to reveal the ban to the public.

7.5 Delete inactive accounts or delete name sniping accounts
The only potential benefit to this suggestion is that it would free up the servers; however, a Scratch Team member has indicated that there is not a desperate need for more server space. In addition, deleting inactive accounts might mean that the user's projects get deleted, which would be extremely unfortunate should they decide to return to Scratch.

This includes accounts that have no activity at all; that is, the account has no projects shared, favorited, or followers. The Scratch Team sees no need to take down any accounts at this time to “free up usernames”, especially since there is currently no system available to recycle usernames. Having the Scratch Team make such a system is not as much of a priority as are other issues with the website.

7.6 Blocking users
This feature existed in Scratch 1.4, but the Scratch Team found out that it buried the problem rather than solve it. Even if you block a user, that does not stop the user from harassing other Scratchers. If you are having a problem with a user, be sure to report that user with the Report button, or use Contact Us if the situation requires more explanation.

7.7 Game badges or achievements
Some users have suggested Scratch achievements such as “Created 50 Projects” with the idea that this would give users motivation to keep using Scratch. However, this sort of idea does not really fit in with the purpose of Scratch. Some users may use their game badges or achievements to determine that they are more important than other users. However, you are allowed to make achievements or game badges in your own games, if you like.

7.8 Remove the location feature
This is useful to see all the different areas of the world which use Scratch. If you do not want to share your country publicly, you can set it to something false, such as Antarctica.

8. Discussion Forum Categories

8.1 Bring back the “Discuss” tab
The Discuss tab was removed for reasons that are not 100% clear (aside from some complications in other languages), but it is clear that it will not be coming back. In general, the forums are not as restricted as the main website is, in terms of post content. For instance, users can post images on the forums, users can write Scratch blocks on the forums, and users can write and edit posts of up to 200,000 characters, none of which is possible on the main website. Yet, these options allow for more spam and misuse, especially for New Scratchers who are not aware of how the forums work. It is suggested that Scratchers learn of the forums through other Scratchers, who direct them to the correct forums.

A very good detailed analysis for why the Discuss button may have been removed can be found on this post.

8.2 Off-topic or miscellaneous section on the forums
This forum would have been used for posting about anything that was not necessarily related to Scratch. There actually used to be a forum topic like this, but it was difficult to moderate, and so it was shut down and replaced by the “Things I'm Making and Creating” and the “Things I'm Reading and Playing” forums (which do not completely allow off-topic posts).

8.3 Remove the “Suggestions” forum
This forum is useful for the Scratch Team to see what feedback Scratchers have about the website. Regardless of whether these suggestions will be implemented, the Scratch Team still uses this forum to get an idea of how to improve the website. Furthermore, it promotes discussion of the benefits and downsides of a particular user's suggestion. Despite what it may seem, the Scratch Team does check this forum, and there have been a number of suggestions made in this forum that have since been implemented.

8.4 Allow Scratchers to moderate the forums
A community moderator program used to exist, but it was removed due to some very inappropriate things showing up in the report activity, among other reasons. As a result, the Scratch Team has decided to only allow adults to moderate the forums. If you are 18 or older, legally allowed to work in the United States, and are interested in moderating the website, check out the Jobs link to see if there are any openings for the “Community Moderator” position.

9. Discussion Forum Restrictions

9.1 Remove the 60 Second Rule
The “60 Second Rule” refers to the fact that Scratchers need to wait 60 seconds after posting in the forums before they are able to post again (120 seconds for New Scratchers). While this may seem annoying, it is extremely effective against spam. Moreover, it can require users to carefully think about what they have typed before posting. You generally do not have to wait for very long between forum posts anyway; it is just 60 seconds.

9.2 Show exact post count of other users
Like with similar numbers on the website (such as 100+ projects in studios), there is not really much of a benefit to seeing the exact number. Post count is not a competition; the goal is not to make as many posts as possible, but to make quality posts to help other users. If you are curious, you can still see your exact post count here.

9.3 Remove restricted image hosts or add your own websites
By requiring an image host website (such as cubeupload) to be used when posting images on the forums, this decreases the chances of inappropriate images being posted on the forums, as inappropriate images are not allowed on the image host websites. The Scratch Team does not have the time to whitelist everybody's websites, especially when acceptable websites already exist.

9.4 Moderate mini-mods
There are a lot of users (“mini-mods”) on the forums who like to help out by identifying duplicate posts, explaining rules and forum etiquette (especially in response to blockspamming or necroposting), or quoting this Rejected Suggestions list. Such actions can actually be helpful for the Scratch Team moderators as these mini-mods can effectively answer users' questions or direct a user on where to go. Of course, these mini-mods should be acting helpful; you can report anyone who is trying to moderate someone without being respectful.

Last edited by Za-Chary (May 20, 2019 22:03:50)


It looks like I'm a Scratch Team member now!

Za-Chary's Game Museum
The Complete List of Rejected Suggestions
Dragonlord767
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Complete List of Rejected Suggestions

Reported to be stickied… I think. I have no idea if it worked.


I have converted the Kumkuat! < Phew! That took FOREVER!!! Are you good at art? Enter this contest!
Thank you to The Elemental Shop for my 60 second demon banner.
-Accio-
Scratcher
500+ posts

The Complete List of Rejected Suggestions

Reported to be stickied! Thanks for taking this responsibility!

Hi There! I'm -Accio-

But you can call me the Duplicate Destroyer

Potterhead | Ravenclaw | Forum Helper | SDS Curator | Science | Math


Check out the current SDS “Growing” here:
https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/9323539/
StrangeMagic32
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Complete List of Rejected Suggestions

Increase Clone Limit
possibly rejected?
https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/post/375856/

Harakou wrote:

Please don't bump up old threads unless it's really necessary. The clone limit we've added is a practical one to prevent projects from becoming unplayable. Otherwise, you could accidentally get sprites making infinite copies of themselves and such.

Last edited by StrangeMagic32 (March 10, 2019 18:24:20)


FUN FACT: My first post was a necropost…

Me from July 4, 2017 wrote:

What do you mean by this?
I mean can you explain it more for me maybe
Feels bad…



S _ _ 6 | _ 2 _ | _ _ 5 S
- _ _ _ | 4 _ 1 | _ _ 6 -
U _ 9 _ | _ _ 8 | 4 3 2 U
- ————————– -
D 9 3 _ | _ _ 4 | _ _ _ D
- _ _ _ | 3 1 5 | _ _ _ -
O _ _ _ | 7 _ _ | _ 4 8 O
- ————————– -
K 4 5 3 | 8 _ _ | _ 2 _ K
- 2 _ _ | 5 _ 9 | _ _ _ -
U 8 _ _ | _ 3 _ | 5 _ _ U



"Muffins?" - Muffins

Spoilers wrote:

Minecraft is still thriving


((((((((((((((((___________________________________Æther___________________________________::#000000)::#111111)::#222222)::#333333)::#444444)::#555555)::#666666)::#777777)::#888888)::#999999)::#aaaaaa)::#bbbbbb)::#cccccc)::#dddddd)::#eeeeee)::#ffffff)
PrincessFlowerTV
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Complete List of Rejected Suggestions

Fantastic! Reported to be stickied.

PrincessFlowerTV ✿
but you can call me The Unconstructive Eliminater
Hey there! This is my signature; it appears under everything I post. I'm a teenage girl who is a christian, writer, drawer, a forum helper, wiki editor, and i'm homeschooled. Got all that? xD
openPoll
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Complete List of Rejected Suggestions

Cool! Reported to be stickied

Go click on the banner below to check out my signature!

















openPoll - Someone who likes to create games (and play them!)

I'm so andom and i don't care what you say i'm ok with it

My latest project is here

See who I'm following!

Bank of stuff below


EVIL KUMQUAT PROTECTION BOX
((((((((((((((((_________________________________KUMQUAT PROTECTOR_________________________________::#000000)::#111111)::#222222)::#333333)::#444444)::#555555)::#666666)::#777777)::#888888)::#999999)::#aaaaaa)::#bbbbbb)::#cccccc)::#dddddd)::#eeeeee)::#ffffff)
NilsTheBest
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Complete List of Rejected Suggestions

Great! Thanks for doing this! I'll now refer to that post and bookmark this thread instead of the old one.

I think this is going to be your first sticky? Congrats!

[New signature coming soon!]
Za-Chary
Scratch Team
1000+ posts

The Complete List of Rejected Suggestions

Dragonlord767 wrote:

Reported to be stickied… I think. I have no idea if it worked.

-Accio- wrote:

Reported to be stickied! Thanks for taking this responsibility!

PrincessFlowerTV wrote:

Fantastic! Reported to be stickied.

openPoll wrote:

Cool! Reported to be stickied

NilsTheBest wrote:

Great! Thanks for doing this! I'll now refer to that post and bookmark this thread instead of the old one.

I think this is going to be your first sticky? Congrats!
Thank you all, I'm happy to have this responsibility!

It looks like I'm a Scratch Team member now!

Za-Chary's Game Museum
The Complete List of Rejected Suggestions
MaximunPokeMaster
Scratcher
500+ posts

The Complete List of Rejected Suggestions

congrats on the sticky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




LANGUAGE

openPoll
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Complete List of Rejected Suggestions

Congratulations on your first sticky!

Last edited by openPoll (March 11, 2019 09:19:11)


Go click on the banner below to check out my signature!

















openPoll - Someone who likes to create games (and play them!)

I'm so andom and i don't care what you say i'm ok with it

My latest project is here

See who I'm following!

Bank of stuff below


EVIL KUMQUAT PROTECTION BOX
((((((((((((((((_________________________________KUMQUAT PROTECTOR_________________________________::#000000)::#111111)::#222222)::#333333)::#444444)::#555555)::#666666)::#777777)::#888888)::#999999)::#aaaaaa)::#bbbbbb)::#cccccc)::#dddddd)::#eeeeee)::#ffffff)
XayCraft360
Scratcher
100+ posts

The Complete List of Rejected Suggestions

There is a new rejected suggestion:

<Insert copy of NilsTheBest's OLD uncreative copy of adsuri's uncreative copy of Wahsp's uncreative copy of -ShadowOfTheFuture's- uncreative signature here>
Paddle2See
Scratch Team
1000+ posts

The Complete List of Rejected Suggestions

StrangeMagic32 wrote:

Increase Clone Limit
possibly rejected?
https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/post/375856/

Harakou wrote:

Please don't bump up old threads unless it's really necessary. The clone limit we've added is a practical one to prevent projects from becoming unplayable. Otherwise, you could accidentally get sprites making infinite copies of themselves and such.
Yeah, I think that's rejected.

Scratch Team Member, kayak enthusiast, and servant to multiple cats.

;
Za-Chary
Scratch Team
1000+ posts

The Complete List of Rejected Suggestions

StrangeMagic32 wrote:

Increase Clone Limit
possibly rejected?
https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/post/375856/

Harakou wrote:

Please don't bump up old threads unless it's really necessary. The clone limit we've added is a practical one to prevent projects from becoming unplayable. Otherwise, you could accidentally get sprites making infinite copies of themselves and such.
I'll be adding this later.

XayCraft360 wrote:

There is a new rejected suggestion:
I almost feel like this one is a little too “obvious” in the same way that “Remove the Community Guidelines” is also obvious. It should go without saying that the Scratch Team won't be removing the Terms of Use and the Community Guidelines, so it doesn't exactly seem necessary to add it to the list.

What do you think, is there a good place it could be put?

It looks like I'm a Scratch Team member now!

Za-Chary's Game Museum
The Complete List of Rejected Suggestions
MaximunPokeMaster
Scratcher
500+ posts

The Complete List of Rejected Suggestions

A “Go To Middle” block is rejected
PrincessFlowerTV Requested to add this when the 3rd directory was a sticky, but it was never responded by LionHeart70.
https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/341878/?page=1#post-3452628
Paddle said this about it:

Paddle2See wrote:

We want Scratchers to become familiar with the Scratch coordinate system - so I don't think we are likely to want to create a special block that discourages learning about it. But thanks for taking the time to put together this suggestion

Last edited by MaximunPokeMaster (March 11, 2019 21:31:05)





LANGUAGE

Za-Chary
Scratch Team
1000+ posts

The Complete List of Rejected Suggestions

MaximunPokeMaster wrote:

A “Go To Middle” block is rejected
PrincessFlowerTV Requested to add this when the 3rd directory was a sticky, but it was never responded by LionHeart70.
https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/341878/?page=1#post-3452628
Paddle said this about it:

Paddle2See wrote:

We want Scratchers to become familiar with the Scratch coordinate system - so I don't think we are likely to want to create a special block that discourages learning about it. But thanks for taking the time to put together this suggestion
I asked @Paddle2See about this one recently, because it seems like something that is way too simple to put into the list. Here was his response:

Paddle2See wrote:

I don't think you need to include suggestions that are clearly absurd or are not likely to reappear. The idea is try to head off suggestions that keep coming up again and again. Trying to cover *every* suggestion would maybe make it so large that it no longer is useful.
That being said, if this becomes a regular suggestion or a Scratch Team member specifically requests that it be added to the list, then I'll add it to the list. Until then, I don't think this needs to be in the list.

(This is also similar to @XayCraft360's recent post regarding this list — not the same suggestion, but both suggestions seem a little too obvious to add.)

It looks like I'm a Scratch Team member now!

Za-Chary's Game Museum
The Complete List of Rejected Suggestions
Wahsp
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Complete List of Rejected Suggestions

Looks great! The only thing I would suggest is to have some sort of table of contents, but that might take up too much space

Forum Helper
5000+ posts
Past FPC
4 years


I still think it needs a bit more….
Za-Chary
Scratch Team
1000+ posts

The Complete List of Rejected Suggestions

Wahsp wrote:

Looks great! The only thing I would suggest is to have some sort of table of contents, but that might take up too much space
I had considered this. In fact, I really like this idea. But I need to have a good place for it, and putting the table of contents directly in this topic probably isn't a good idea. I was thinking of doing a separate topic with a table of contents perhaps in the “Show and Tell” forums.

It looks like I'm a Scratch Team member now!

Za-Chary's Game Museum
The Complete List of Rejected Suggestions
XxShazammxX
Scratcher
100+ posts

The Complete List of Rejected Suggestions

This is awesome! Thanks!

Happy to help!

(Unless I'm the one asking for help )
PhoenixLondon2008
Scratcher
100+ posts

The Complete List of Rejected Suggestions

Nice topic! It's really helpful!


"Darkness is just a place without any light."

-Me




MaximunPokeMaster
Scratcher
500+ posts

The Complete List of Rejected Suggestions

An option to convert to javascript has been requested multiple times, and it just got rejected:

https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/59876/?page=6#post-3471767

Paddle2See wrote:

Hello! While it is an intriguing suggestion, every time we have debated it among the Scratch Team, we've always came to the same conclusion - it's not a feature that would benefit beginning programmers and it would serve as a distraction for those trying to teach Scratch to them. So, regretfully, this suggestion is rejected.




LANGUAGE

Powered by DjangoBB

Standard | Mobile