Discuss Scratch

storytellergirl2247
Scratcher
100+ posts

New Rank: Super Scratcher

that's an awesome idea! support! not a good idea. if that happened, then everyone that is a super scratcher would brag to the scratchers and new scratchers about how awesome they are and how bad the others are.

sorry, but no support.

Last edited by storytellergirl2247 (March 23, 2016 18:59:44)

Meese123
Scratcher
100+ posts

First of all, 50 cloud variables would, more likely than not, crash the server. 3D- you know it has been rejected. Also

julianandwill wrote:

IronBit_Studios wrote:

julianandwill wrote:

IronBit_Studios wrote:

Why?
This would only further divide the community.
WHat do you mean?
More separation, bragging, jealousy, etc.
Haven't we already seen enough of that with the Scratcher rank? Of COURSE it will happen. Almost every New Scratcher is jealous of the Scratcher rank. I was once.

If you see this block while scrolling
when Meese123 {say (username::grey) in {[Portuguese v]::hat control}::operators} clicked {<Meese123=awesome::sound>true::cap motion}::hat looks
you have been visited by Sir Programmer VI
the ability to program almost as well as him will come to you
but only if you comment "Moo. I am a banjo playing rhinoceros" on my profile.
Family: @Meese123 @Moo89 @PandaBearK @bixitrixy Alt account: @pitbelly | Go here please!!
Ninkancho
Scratcher
500+ posts

julianandwill wrote:

Haven't we already seen enough of that with the Scratcher rank? Of COURSE it will happen. Almost every New Scratcher is jealous of the Scratcher rank. I was once.
Thing is, the New Scratcher rank has a few very good reasons to exist. It weakens spambotting, keeps new users from accidentally clogging up the cloud servers, etc. That is why New Scratchers don't have many of the Scratcher permissions. Making another rank just for the sake of another rank does not abide by this logic, and thus I don't think it's a very good idea.

As for the actual permissions for this rank. A limit of 50 cloud variables seems rather high; I can't fathom a project that could need so many. 3D Scratch is more complex than you'd think, and the Scratch Team doesn't want to work on such a thing because of this, hence why it's been rejected. A terminal is an interesting idea. Would that just be editing Scratchblocks in text form, or something else? Because the former sounds convenient, though now we aren't talking about blocks anymore. The 30-second rule is an idea I know I've had before, but I just don't see it being implemented as part of a huge new rank with 3D and extravagant amounts of cloud data.

Ninkancho STUDIO☁️ Cloud Clicker DEMO
Let's Play TogetherAnother Rather Unremarkable PlatformerSinewarper
public class Scrape{public static void main(String[] args){Scrape myScrape=new Scrape();myScrape.eternally{myScrape.picture();myScrape.write();myScrape.tell();}}}
Windows NT 10.0, Chrome 51.0.2704.79, Flash 23.0 (release 0)), Flash 23.0 (release 0)
kajquats;
helloandgoodbye9
Scratcher
1000+ posts

No support as per the above.

Last edited by kaj (Tomorrow 25:61:61) ͪͪͪͪͪͪͪͪͪͪ ͣͣͣͣ ͯͯͯͯYes, its above the line)
MrSwaggerMuffin
Scratcher
83 posts

No support as per almost everything in this thread.

dank memes
dank memes
Techno-CAT
Scratcher
1000+ posts

no support

See what people have created by clicking here.
Paddle2See
Scratch Team
1000+ posts

While there are good reasons for the New Scratcher status (see @Ninkancho's post above), more ranks would just divide the community unnecessarily.

Thanks for the suggestion and the discussion - keep thinking of ways to make Scratch better.

Scratch Team Member, kayak and pickleball enthusiast, cat caregiver.

This is my forum signature! On a forum post, it is okay for Scratchers to advertise in their forum signature. The signature is the stuff that shows up below the horizontal line on the post. It will show up on every post I make.
(credit to Za-Chary)

;