Discuss Scratch

DifferentDance8
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Toggle for Reports Tab

NOTE: This isn't rejected, because it's toggle-able.
NOTE 2: For obvious reasons (someone who didn't find it before could find it now), inappropriate project reports wouldn't show up in the reports tab.

I am suggesting a checkbox in the Account Settings that adds a button to every project you make (like the Cloud Data tab) where reports would show up in a format like "(reporting user) has reported (project name) because of (reason). See more info"

If the checkbox is not on, then the reports tab will still show out, but it will be gr(a/e)yed out.

R.I.P Zydrolic, 2023-2024
randomguy3513
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Toggle for Reports Tab

I do not get it can you explain it to me like I'm 5?

(Male) (He/Him) (2000+ posts) (4 Years)
Banner by depresso-boiyo, check him out!
Ctrl+shift+down to check out my projects!

Thanks for scrolling; if you like what I do, please follow me!
DifferentDance8
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Toggle for Reports Tab

randomguy3513 wrote:

I am suggesting a tab where any report (apart from the option of inappropriate content) on a user and their projects will go, but only if a specific toggle is toggled on.

randomguy3513
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Toggle for Reports Tab

DifferentDance8 wrote:

randomguy3513 wrote:

I am suggesting a tab where any report (apart from the option of inappropriate content) on a user and their projects will go, but only if a specific toggle is toggled on.
so a report history of the projects you reported or being able to see who reported your content? Sorry im just really tried.

(Male) (He/Him) (2000+ posts) (4 Years)
Banner by depresso-boiyo, check him out!
Ctrl+shift+down to check out my projects!

Thanks for scrolling; if you like what I do, please follow me!
DifferentDance8
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Toggle for Reports Tab

randomguy3513 wrote:

DifferentDance8 wrote:

randomguy3513 wrote:

so a report history of the projects you reported or being able to see who reported your content? Sorry im just really tried.
The latter, however the former would also be pretty good. Alas, the former is an entirely seperate suggestion…

qloakonscratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Toggle for Reports Tab

This could lead to controversy, hate, and other things.

Now Showing: CCRP V
https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/33864948/

Coding on Scratch since 2013

Foruming since 2016

In the Forum Helpers since 2022
DifferentDance8
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Toggle for Reports Tab

qloakonscratch wrote:

This could lead to controversy, hate, and other things.
Well… the reports will be private unless you specifically activate the toggle.

jvvg
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Toggle for Reports Tab

While I don't think this is in the Official List of Rejected Suggestions, I can pretty confidently say this won't be implemented because it will lead to users retaliating against other users for reporting their projects.

Professional web developer and lead engineer on the Scratch Wiki
Maybe the Scratch Team isn't so badWhy the April Fools' Day forum didn't work last year
Paddle2See
Scratch Team
1000+ posts

Toggle for Reports Tab

I think you are suggesting that reports on your projects be made known to you? That would lead to a lot of drama and retaliation. Reports need to remain anonymous.

Scratch Team Member, kayak and pickleball enthusiast, cat caregiver.

This is my forum signature! On a forum post, it is okay for Scratchers to advertise in their forum signature. The signature is the stuff that shows up below the horizontal line on the post. It will show up on every post I make.
(credit to Za-Chary)

;