Discuss Scratch

NerdRage
Scratcher
62 posts

Ban Star Wars

Thread of the year. This should be immortalized forever.

One of your reasons isn't even a possibility, and “violent robots.” Really?

PrincessPandaLover
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ban Star Wars

hailstone-sequence wrote:

I have even seen a beloved console gaming character that was run over in a person's signature.
Are you seriously referring to this GIF in my test account's signature?

ScratchDiogoh wrote:

Star Wars is a saga that contains violent robots,
probably jumpcares, improper content
Then do we need to ban Sonic the Hedgehog?
Sheep_maker
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ban Star Wars

Inappropriate star wars projects are already banned.

Not all star wars projects are inappropriate, so there is no need to ban the entire franchise.

Report projects that violate the community guidelines.

- Sheep_maker This is a kumquat-free signature. :P
This is my signature. It appears below all my posts. Discuss it on my profile, not the forums. Here's how to make your own.
.postsignature { overflow: auto; } .scratchblocks { overflow-x: auto; overflow-y: hidden; }
Botcho_Otkho
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ban Star Wars

LionHeart70 wrote:

Botcho_Otkho wrote:

Star Wars is also aimed to every audience.
<snip>
Yeah, but kids also watch it, it doesn't have swear, exaggerated gore or anything like that. If we should ban Star Wars for those reasons, a lot of other films or series should be banned.

I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are. - Mewtwo
Paddle2See
Scratch Team
1000+ posts

Ban Star Wars

As with so many of these “Ban some game or movie” suggestions, we feel that it is possible to make Scratch projects that are appropriate for Scratch with the material. Also, we have not had a large number of inappropriate projects based around Star Wars.

Please use the Report button on projects that you feel are not okay for Scratch - but we don't see a need to put specific restrictions on Star Wars based projects at this time.

Scratch Team Member, kayak and pickleball enthusiast, cat caregiver.

This is my forum signature! On a forum post, it is okay for Scratchers to advertise in their forum signature. The signature is the stuff that shows up below the horizontal line on the post. It will show up on every post I make.
(credit to Za-Chary)

;