Discuss Scratch

Galleigo
Scratcher
500+ posts

Customizable Profile Wallpaper!

SUPPPPOOOORRRRTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111

((╯°□°)–︻╦╤─ – – – :: sensing) :: pen cap
Blocky, a young guard block, guards my signature from kumquats. Still trying to teach him how to shoot the kumquat instead of my signature. By the way, all these coloured URLs still work. Cool, huh? (Sorry for the insane bolding, italicising and underlining. :P)
CYBERSPHERE. They keep coming. It never ends. Can't stop. Won't stop.
My shop is here. Go check it out!
BEAT. How fast are your reflexes?
Space Debris.Tiny floating colourful particles. Nothing much.
Do YOU want to rule? Let's discuss the Rules for Rulers.
Interested in space? Check out The Solar System - Our Home in Space. I was too lazy to colour that one.
ORBIT. Dodge everything to survive!
Blaze349
Scratcher
1000+ posts

No support. It will ruin the style and will look pretty ugly.
cul8er
Scratcher
500+ posts

I prefer the uniform look. I understand people might prefer customisation, but that's what you can already do with your logo, projects, featured projects and description sections.
And…

Blaze349 wrote:

It will ruin the style and will look pretty ugly.
^^

Gone.
girlsruless
Scratcher
1000+ posts

zlivvy wrote:

Hey guys! Feel free to read through this idea and post but I will not be checking this anymore or arguing with people. Thanks!
I have noticed that lately people feel like there profiles don't stand out enough. I believe this is one of the reasons people did the moving thumbnail hack for their projects, to try and be noticed. I think it would be fun and helpful to those who feel “lost in the crowd” and anyone else if you made it possible to customize your profile wallpaper (image below) because, after all, your profile is the first thing people see and you want it to look interesting!

Notice the empty space on the sides?

An example of this is something you can do on ask.fm (CreativeRarity's profile)

If the wallpaper is inappropriate, rude, or disrespectful you could just report it the same way you report a icon or just report the user. But if we do do this then it would not be from a list of things because the would ruin the point.

Notice the wallpaper? Also notice that it is just the same image over and over again so even if you have a small image it won't be much of a problem

I hope you will take this into consideration Scratch Team! If you agree post your support! If you don't please post why you don't! Oh and please comment “YOLO” If you read all this!

Ciao!

S U P P O R T E R S

Amazing_Ace 100%
Nether_before 100%
WillboSwaggins 9,000%
The_Scratch_Squad 100%
PrincessPanda_test_ 100%
ChocolatePi 100%
charlesdog 100%
Critic2100 100%
cwkethan1508 100%
stickfiregames 100%
Theory 100%
ComicWorldBros 100%
NickyNouse 100%
rollercoasterfan 100%
regans9 100%
worldof 100%
Epicness123 100%
JoeyTheChicken 100%
higzlepic9000 100%
-Kagamine- 100%
legob0t 100%
Grash 100%
WAFFL3 100%
Blue-Monkey 100%
archerlove24 100%
The_Smiley_Face 100%
matey1234 50%
Grash 100%
gamelover292 100%
mundofinkyenglish 1000000%
Blank1234 74%
Superandultra 50%
IronBit_Studios 100%
miniapples02 100%
iamlink1 100%
JamesOuO 100%
rainbowpie14 100000%
MathlyCat 100%
BF10 100%
Dmith 100%
Charmind 100%
Lemonade5 100%
PieCraftTV 110%
saurkrauts 64%
greenthing 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000%

N O N S U P P O R T E R S
DaSpudLord
carsracer
matey1234
Epicness123

I've stopped counting supporters but that doesn't mean you can't still support
I support 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000%

ROBLOX, Minecraft, Pokémon, AJ, Miraculous, Warrior cats, HTTYD, and CW fan(and obviosly a girl), girlsruless.

LionHeart70
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Semi-support, it doesn't sound that important but it would be somewhat cool to add.

lh70 / nora/tobi / she-they pronouns / pansexual-demisexual / 14 / sagittarius / furry / artist / intp / stop-motion films / lbp / fall out boy / panic! at the disco / twenty one pilots / stranger things / a series of unfortunate events
“When you have a bad day, a really bad day, try and treat the world better than it treated you.” -Patrick Stump
“Music seems to hold everything together. It seems to make things not so chaotic sometimes. It seems to make things make more sense sometimes.” -Tyler Joseph
“You'll fear your fears forever if you never do things you're afraid of.” -Josh Dun
“I'm still figuring out who I am, but I know I'm not who I was.” -Brendon Urie
JDScratch7
Scratcher
100+ posts

VideoGamerCanInvent
Scratcher
1000+ posts

jammum wrote:

Support.
So inappropriate wallpapers do not show, wallpapers need to be sent to the Scratch Team to judge if it is appropriate, then the Scratcher will get their background if it is approved and follows the CGs.
No, the Scratch Team is pretty busy, and to do that it would probably take around a week.

woah, haven't been on here in a while
Sheep_maker
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Why not have a whitelist of wallpapers (like featured project titles) so there would be no need for moderation?

- Sheep_maker This is a kumquat-free signature. :P
This is my signature. It appears below all my posts. Discuss it on my profile, not the forums. Here's how to make your own.
.postsignature { overflow: auto; } .scratchblocks { overflow-x: auto; overflow-y: hidden; }
LionHeart70
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Sheep_maker wrote:

Why not have a whitelist of wallpapers (like featured project titles) so there would be no need for moderation?
Good idea!

lh70 / nora/tobi / she-they pronouns / pansexual-demisexual / 14 / sagittarius / furry / artist / intp / stop-motion films / lbp / fall out boy / panic! at the disco / twenty one pilots / stranger things / a series of unfortunate events
“When you have a bad day, a really bad day, try and treat the world better than it treated you.” -Patrick Stump
“Music seems to hold everything together. It seems to make things not so chaotic sometimes. It seems to make things make more sense sometimes.” -Tyler Joseph
“You'll fear your fears forever if you never do things you're afraid of.” -Josh Dun
“I'm still figuring out who I am, but I know I'm not who I was.” -Brendon Urie
Robstruck15
Scratcher
87 posts

Support. the grey background on everyone's profile is just so bland! You can replace it with like a gif or a picture! I agree with the report part, if it's inapropiate, we should be able to report it

404 ERROR
Signature not found
The Scratch Team has lost this signature and has hired a team of techno
masters to find it
[Signature Owner Here]
duckboycool
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ScriptedAwesome wrote:

Support.
Can you please explain why you support? Thank you.

I used to be active on the forums, but I have mostly moved past Scratch. I still do check my Scratch messages, so if you'd like to talk to me, just leave a comment on my profile. My main project on Scratch was Cookie Clicker, but my newest project is Snake Snake, a game based off of Snake, but with two snakes, and you can play either singleplayer or multiplayer.

lioness_outlander
Scratcher
64 posts

zlivvy wrote:

Hey guys! Feel free to read through this idea and post but I will not be checking this anymore or arguing with people. Thanks!
I have noticed that lately people feel like there profiles don't stand out enough. I believe this is one of the reasons people did the moving thumbnail hack for their projects, to try and be noticed. I think it would be fun and helpful to those who feel “lost in the crowd” and anyone else if you made it possible to customize your profile wallpaper (image below) because, after all, your profile is the first thing people see and you want it to look interesting!

Notice the empty space on the sides?

An example of this is something you can do on ask.fm (CreativeRarity's profile)

If the wallpaper is inappropriate, rude, or disrespectful you could just report it the same way you report a icon or just report the user. But if we do do this then it would not be from a list of things because the would ruin the point.

Notice the wallpaper? Also notice that it is just the same image over and over again so even if you have a small image it won't be much of a problem

I hope you will take this into consideration Scratch Team! If you agree post your support! If you don't please post why you don't! Oh and please comment “YOLO” If you read all this!

Ciao!

S U P P O R T E R S

Amazing_Ace 100%
Nether_before 100%
WillboSwaggins 9,000%
The_Scratch_Squad 100%
PrincessPanda_test_ 100%
ChocolatePi 100%
charlesdog 100%
Critic2100 100%
cwkethan1508 100%
stickfiregames 100%
Theory 100%
ComicWorldBros 100%
NickyNouse 100%
rollercoasterfan 100%
regans9 100%
worldof 100%
Epicness123 100%
JoeyTheChicken 100%
higzlepic9000 100%
-Kagamine- 100%
legob0t 100%
Grash 100%
WAFFL3 100%
Blue-Monkey 100%
archerlove24 100%
The_Smiley_Face 100%
matey1234 50%
Grash 100%
gamelover292 100%
mundofinkyenglish 1000000%
Blank1234 74%
Superandultra 50%
IronBit_Studios 100%
miniapples02 100%
iamlink1 100%
JamesOuO 100%
rainbowpie14 100000%
MathlyCat 100%
BF10 100%
Dmith 100%
Charmind 100%
Lemonade5 100%
PieCraftTV 110%
saurkrauts 64%
greenthing 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000%

N O N S U P P O R T E R S
DaSpudLord
carsracer
matey1234
Epicness123

I've stopped counting supporters but that doesn't mean you can't still support
Support!I always wanted to make my profile page pretty

Hello there,I am lioness,I am working on perfecting my art,If you are reading this,chances are that I am eating something

Listen to this wonderful song! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJGqxf86cZs

ZZ9PluralZAlpha
Scratcher
1000+ posts

If I didn't say so already, +1! It would definitely make profiles a lot better.

Digital_Gaming
Scratcher
1000+ posts

No support. This could clash with the sites natural ascetics. Also this whole suggestion would look out of place on scratch.

If you want to join the most creative studio on Scratch than ask to join Scratch Underground If you want to join Scratches Premium studio than ask to join Scratch Deluxe I hope you ask to join one of those and have a nice day. Check out my Official fan club!Click here if you want to check out my amazing projects DIGITAL GAMING SCRATCH AWARDS 2017
CHECK OUT THE OFFCIAL TOPICS FOR FORZA, HALO , CALL OF DUTY, BATTLEFEILD 1,THE CREW,DESTINY, RESIDENT EVIL,SONIC BOOM, PIXAR AND SUPER MARIO RUN
SCRATCH SUPERGUIDE
OFFICIAL TOPIC FOR TALKING ABOUT SHIPS
-silvermoon840-
Scratcher
37 posts

I think this is a great way to make peoples profiles more creative and unique! Support!

-silvermoon840-
Need project ideas? Check out this project:https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/144110344/

when green flag clicked
say [Hi. I'm just another user learning how to code]
muellly
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I suport this. It would be a great way to make profiles much more memorable from eachother. Also why don't we have the way it looks now the starting background so it will be up to the person if they want to make their profile look out of place with the rest of the website or not. Also should their be a template that can be used as a guideline to which part of the image will go where on the profile so people can try to make them clash less.

I would greatly appreciate if you were to check of this game I spent months that includes plot and bosses here https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/97452006/ ………………………………………Want a detailed review or idea?

I'm a major fan of Pokemon, Undertale and the Pija and Toast series.
I am doing a shiny scramble of pokemon Pearl. I'm 7 chapters in and on my way to the 2nd gym.
super_crazy
Scratcher
100+ posts

I think it wouldn't suit the site at all. With this every profile page will look different, inconsistent and personally worse.
Mobile devices will suffer as well if they need to load and show a giant background image for every new profile. It would slow down the website and make it almost impossible for some phones/tablets/old computers to use the scratch site.
Background images are also very distracting and can make it very difficult to view the actual content of the page, the projects.
I hope that didn't sound too harsh but no support from me.

Auroura_Wolf
Scratcher
1000+ posts

support is over 9000
It's 9001

My alt account, where I upload nothing (much like my main account)
I play video games and sometimes do other things. I don't really make anything on Scratch anymore, but I'm relatively active on the Undertale and Deltarune forums.
Click this. Or don't.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut 
aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa
qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.
;
LordOfMuffins
Scratcher
100+ posts

OooOOh! That would be great! Full support!

The Furry Fandom
Please consider checking out my animation account, @TheKiingOfMuffins