Discuss Scratch

KittyCatKayden
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Customizable Profile Wallpaper!

YOLO

THIS THING NEEDS AN UPDATE-
Be high contrast
I have a little preference: Please don't make comments about my forum posts on my profile, projects or studios. However, it's fine if @Quackidee_, @Gamerules09 or @ImmortalJelly13 does that.
I use the browser Google Chrome, and I use the OS Windows 11.
Note that on my other accounts I (mostly) use Microsoft Edge.
Go to my profile
Go to my ocular profile
Go to my alt's profile
ฅ⁠^⁠•⁠ﻌ⁠•⁠^⁠ฅ
I LOVE Animal Crossing soooo much! I currently have every Animal Crossing game (including spin-offs) except the ones only in Japan.
I have a bunch of OCs, and most of them are based off my AC characters. However, I also have a (pretend) cat named Toodloo, and he's one of my main OCs(?) as well as Kitty Cat (from New Horizons), KittyCat (from New Leaf) and Meow.
New Leaf and Pocket Camp are my favorite AC games! (although I actually like all of them.) I wish I could have my real self move to the world of Animal Crossing!
when green flag clicked
Go to AC
define Go to AC
Escape the real world and move to AC
How did you find this? Tell me on my profile!
Anyways, here are some random links that used to be in a place where everyone could see them. I buried them here because I don't think everyone needs to see it.
Go to my postpercent profile
Go to my Scratch Forum Leaderboards page
PaperMarioFan2022
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cwrivera99 wrote:

Eh… kinda supoort…

What's wrong with a wallpaper on Scratch? I don't think this is bad, but some should be considered inappropriate I guess.

Hello! Welcome to my signature!

I am a real Mario enthusiast and a fan of the franchise and also getting into the field of IT. I also play Luigi's Mansion and other games too!

Profile | Ocular | ScratchStats | PostPercent | GitHub Main | Snap!

Professional Mario Enthusiast / (NEW!) 3DS FC: 2252-0951-8546 / (NEW!) Switch FC: SW-2091-2478-9614 / (removed - due to concerns in moderation) ARarePaper

I forgor my account password to give an internet ☠

I’ve been a Scratcher since 2021!

My glorious meme section (scroll down to see more)

PaperMarioFan2022
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Support! This would make backdrop wallpaper on profiles more vibrant and colorful!

I am a real Mario enthusiast and a fan of the franchise and also getting into the field of IT. I also play Luigi's Mansion and other games too!

Professional Mario Enthusiast / (NEW!) 3DS FC: 2252-0951-8546 / (NEW!) Switch FC: SW-2091-2478-9614 / (removed - due to concerns in moderation) ARarePaper

creeperyeettt
Scratcher
500+ posts

nah, the ST does say that they dont want to influence the social media part of scratch more

change [ IQ] by (-2)

potassium car: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/842403167/ (deltarune reference???)
<– click

PaperMarioFan2022
Scratcher
1000+ posts

creeperyeettt wrote:

nah, the ST does say that they dont want to influence the social media part of scratch more

It's not actually that though, they mean like making the wallpaper in the background more colorful and fun for scratch users. It might have some issues however…

creeperyeettt
Scratcher
500+ posts

PaperMarioFan2022 wrote:

creeperyeettt wrote:

It's not actually that though, they mean like making the wallpaper in the background more colorful and fun for scratch users. It might have some issues however…
they mean uploading a custom image from what I understand
If you read the rejected suggestions multiple times they reject stuff as it enhances the social media part of scratch, that they dont want

change [ IQ] by (-2)

potassium car: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/842403167/ (deltarune reference???)
<– click

PaperMarioFan2022
Scratcher
1000+ posts

creeperyeettt wrote:

PaperMarioFan2022 wrote:

creeperyeettt wrote:

If you read the rejected suggestions multiple times they reject stuff as it enhances the social media part of scratch, that they dont want

It doesn't though, so I don't understand why this is listed in TOLORS anyway, they just want to make the wallpaper more appealing to children on the platform.

Also, custom images can be moderated too, so that's not a big deal.

Last edited by PaperMarioFan2022 (May 15, 2023 14:25:05)

creeperyeettt
Scratcher
500+ posts

PaperMarioFan2022 wrote:

creeperyeettt wrote:

PaperMarioFan2022 wrote:

creeperyeettt wrote:

It doesn't though, so I don't understand why this is listed in TOLORS anyway, they just want to make the wallpaper more appealing to children on the platform.

well thats more storage that the ST would have to buy to host images
tho I guess a white backround with maybe light grey scratch cats on it would be nice

change [ IQ] by (-2)

<– click

PaperMarioFan2022
Scratcher
1000+ posts

creeperyeettt wrote:

PaperMarioFan2022 wrote:

creeperyeettt wrote:

PaperMarioFan2022 wrote:

creeperyeettt wrote:

well thats more storage that the ST would have to buy to host images
tho I guess a white backround with maybe light grey scratch cats on it would be nice

Yeah! Something like that!

KittyCatKayden
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-ElectronicArts- wrote:

KittyCatKayden wrote:

Duplicate
Ironic. Your topic is a duplicate of this. pls continue discussing here to make moderation easier and more organized. Also please dont quote the whole OP. the OP hosted the image on tinypic but the website got shutdown and turned all the image into yellow creature.
Let's just say that I was calling my topic the “duplicate”.
I will make sure to edit my post.
UPDATE: I edited my post. https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/post/7234938/

Last edited by KittyCatKayden (May 19, 2023 07:57:49)

Be high contrast
I have a little preference: Please don't make comments about my forum posts on my profile, projects or studios. However, it's fine if @Quackidee_, @Gamerules09 or @ImmortalJelly13 does that.
Go to my profile
Go to my ocular profile
Go to my alt's profile
ฅ⁠^⁠•⁠ﻌ⁠•⁠^⁠ฅ
I LOVE Animal Crossing soooo much! I currently have every Animal Crossing game (including spin-offs) except the ones only in Japan.
I have a bunch of OCs, and most of them are based off my AC characters. However, I also have a (pretend) cat named Toodloo, and he's one of my main OCs(?) as well as Kitty Cat (from New Horizons), KittyCat (from New Leaf) and Meow.
New Leaf and Pocket Camp are my favorite AC games! (although I actually like all of them.) I wish I could have my real self move to the world of Animal Crossing!
when green flag clicked
Go to AC
define Go to AC
Anyways, here are some random links that used to be in a place where everyone could see them. I buried them here because I don't think everyone needs to see it.
unmissable
Scratcher
1000+ posts

KittyCatKayden wrote:

zlivvy wrote:

Hey guys! Feel free to read through this idea and post but I will not be checking this anymore or arguing with people. Thanks!
I have noticed that lately people feel like there profiles don't stand out enough. I believe this is one of the reasons people did the moving thumbnail hack for their projects, to try and be noticed. I think it would be fun and helpful to those who feel “lost in the crowd” and anyone else if you made it possible to customize your profile wallpaper (image below) because, after all, your profile is the first thing people see and you want it to look interesting!

Notice the empty space on the sides?

An example of this is something you can do on ask.fm (CreativeRarity's profile)

If the wallpaper is inappropriate, rude, or disrespectful you could just report it the same way you report a icon or just report the user. But if we do do this then it would not be from a list of things because the would ruin the point.

Notice the wallpaper? Also notice that it is just the same image over and over again so even if you have a small image it won't be much of a problem

I hope you will take this into consideration Scratch Team! If you agree post your support! If you don't please post why you don't! Oh and please comment “YOLO” If you read all this!

Ciao!

S U P P O R T E R S

Amazing_Ace 100%
Nether_before 100%
WillboSwaggins 9,000%
The_Scratch_Squad 100%
PrincessPanda_test_ 100%
ChocolatePi 100%
charlesdog 100%
Critic2100 100%
cwkethan1508 100%
stickfiregames 100%
Theory 100%
ComicWorldBros 100%
NickyNouse 100%
rollercoasterfan 100%
regans9 100%
worldof 100%
Epicness123 100%
JoeyTheChicken 100%
higzlepic9000 100%
-Kagamine- 100%
legob0t 100%
Grash 100%
WAFFL3 100%
Blue-Monkey 100%
archerlove24 100%
The_Smiley_Face 100%
matey1234 50%
Grash 100%
gamelover292 100%
mundofinkyenglish 1000000%
Blank1234 74%
Superandultra 50%
IronBit_Studios 100%
miniapples02 100%
iamlink1 100%
JamesOuO 100%
rainbowpie14 100000%
MathlyCat 100%
BF10 100%
Dmith 100%
Charmind 100%
Lemonade5 100%
PieCraftTV 110%
saurkrauts 64%
greenthing 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000%

N O N S U P P O R T E R S
DaSpudLord
carsracer
matey1234
Epicness123

I've stopped counting supporters but that doesn't mean you can't still support
Are the images a joke?
Also, why does it endlessly tell me to wait 60 seconds if it's been longer than that?
The images got deleted
And it tells you to wait, so why not wait?

Generation IX (9): the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.
I changed my signature

Found interesting, funny or plain good posts? Send them here!

Notebook | Ocular | me has a profile chatroom | The amazing triple ninja'd
KittyCatKayden
Scratcher
1000+ posts

unmissable wrote:

KittyCatKayden wrote:

zlivvy wrote:

Hey guys! Feel free to read through this idea and post but I will not be checking this anymore or arguing with people. Thanks!
I have noticed that lately people feel like there profiles don't stand out enough. I believe this is one of the reasons people did the moving thumbnail hack for their projects, to try and be noticed. I think it would be fun and helpful to those who feel “lost in the crowd” and anyone else if you made it possible to customize your profile wallpaper (image below) because, after all, your profile is the first thing people see and you want it to look interesting!

Notice the empty space on the sides?

An example of this is something you can do on ask.fm (CreativeRarity's profile)

If the wallpaper is inappropriate, rude, or disrespectful you could just report it the same way you report a icon or just report the user. But if we do do this then it would not be from a list of things because the would ruin the point.

Notice the wallpaper? Also notice that it is just the same image over and over again so even if you have a small image it won't be much of a problem

I hope you will take this into consideration Scratch Team! If you agree post your support! If you don't please post why you don't! Oh and please comment “YOLO” If you read all this!

Ciao!

S U P P O R T E R S

Amazing_Ace 100%
Nether_before 100%
WillboSwaggins 9,000%
The_Scratch_Squad 100%
PrincessPanda_test_ 100%
ChocolatePi 100%
charlesdog 100%
Critic2100 100%
cwkethan1508 100%
stickfiregames 100%
Theory 100%
ComicWorldBros 100%
NickyNouse 100%
rollercoasterfan 100%
regans9 100%
worldof 100%
Epicness123 100%
JoeyTheChicken 100%
higzlepic9000 100%
-Kagamine- 100%
legob0t 100%
Grash 100%
WAFFL3 100%
Blue-Monkey 100%
archerlove24 100%
The_Smiley_Face 100%
matey1234 50%
Grash 100%
gamelover292 100%
mundofinkyenglish 1000000%
Blank1234 74%
Superandultra 50%
IronBit_Studios 100%
miniapples02 100%
iamlink1 100%
JamesOuO 100%
rainbowpie14 100000%
MathlyCat 100%
BF10 100%
Dmith 100%
Charmind 100%
Lemonade5 100%
PieCraftTV 110%
saurkrauts 64%
greenthing 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000%

N O N S U P P O R T E R S
DaSpudLord
carsracer
matey1234
Epicness123

I've stopped counting supporters but that doesn't mean you can't still support
Are the images a joke?
Also, why does it endlessly tell me to wait 60 seconds if it's been longer than that?
The images got deleted
Yes, but even after a minute I still had that message.

Be high contrast
Go to my profile
Go to my ocular profile
Go to my alt's profile
ฅ⁠^⁠•⁠ﻌ⁠•⁠^⁠ฅ
when green flag clicked
Go to AC
define Go to AC
KittyCatKayden
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-ElectronicArts- wrote:

KittyCatKayden wrote:

Duplicate
Ironic. Your topic is a duplicate of this. pls continue discussing here to make moderation easier and more organized. Also please dont quote the whole OP. the OP hosted the image on tinypic but the website got shutdown and turned all the image into yellow creature.
Maybe I will use the Wayback Machine to see those old images.
UPDATE: I tried it, but for some reason the images were the error even though it showed a version from December 2015?! What is going on here, and how is that possible?!

Last edited by KittyCatKayden (May 22, 2023 08:05:44)

Be high contrast
Go to my profile
Go to my ocular profile
Go to my alt's profile
ฅ⁠^⁠•⁠ﻌ⁠•⁠^⁠ฅ
when green flag clicked
Go to AC
define Go to AC
unmissable
Scratcher
1000+ posts

KittyCatKayden wrote:

unmissable wrote:

KittyCatKayden wrote:

zlivvy wrote:

-snip-
Are the images a joke?
The images got deleted
Yes, but even after a minute I still had that message.
Well then go to bugs and glitches

Generation IX (9): the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.
I changed my signature

unmissable
Scratcher
1000+ posts

KittyCatKayden wrote:

-ElectronicArts- wrote:

KittyCatKayden wrote:

Duplicate
Did anyone save it though?

I changed my signature

KittyCatKayden
Scratcher
1000+ posts

unmissable wrote:

KittyCatKayden wrote:

-ElectronicArts- wrote:

KittyCatKayden wrote:

Duplicate
Did anyone save it though?
I just gave it a try. Read the post you responded to, as I edited it.

Be high contrast
Go to my profile
Go to my ocular profile
Go to my alt's profile
ฅ⁠^⁠•⁠ﻌ⁠•⁠^⁠ฅ
when green flag clicked
Go to AC
define Go to AC
-ElectronicArts-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

KittyCatKayden wrote:

-ElectronicArts- wrote:

KittyCatKayden wrote:

Duplicate
UPDATE: I tried it, but for some reason the images were the error even though it showed a version from December 2015?! What is going on here, and how is that possible?!
I searched through wayback machine and no one saved this page.

KittyCatKayden
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-ElectronicArts- wrote:

(#697)

KittyCatKayden wrote:

-ElectronicArts- wrote:

KittyCatKayden wrote:

Duplicate
I tried removing the page number from the URL and it showed a version from 2015.

Be high contrast
Go to my profile
Go to my ocular profile
Go to my alt's profile
ฅ⁠^⁠•⁠ﻌ⁠•⁠^⁠ฅ
when green flag clicked
Go to AC
define Go to AC
-ElectronicArts-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

KittyCatKayden wrote:

-ElectronicArts- wrote:

(#697)

KittyCatKayden wrote:

-ElectronicArts- wrote:

KittyCatKayden wrote:

Duplicate
I tried removing the page number from the URL and it showed a version from 2015.
Link the site please.

unmissable
Scratcher
1000+ posts

KittyCatKayden wrote:

-ElectronicArts- wrote:

KittyCatKayden wrote:

Duplicate
Maybe tinypic makes it impossible to access the images? Idk, I have no idea how wayback machine works..

Last edited by unmissable (May 23, 2023 07:56:21)

I changed my signature