Discuss Scratch

TwirlStar
Scratcher
100+ posts

SWC Megathread || Nov. 2022

Starry's Table of Contents

Dailies
Daily 3 - 312 words - Introducing the All-New Unicorn Plushie Smoothie!

Weeklies
Weekly 1 - Letters to the Cabins

Last edited by TwirlStar (Nov. 3, 2022 02:10:18)

Starry ☆ She/her ☆ Artist ☆ Bookworm ☆ Nerd ☆ Hufflepuff ☆ INFP-T
zodiacdog
Scratcher
77 posts

The Myth and Bi-Fi War

Recently, the one and only Myth was replaced by Bi-Fi. Tempers are flaring as this new cabin was released in place of the long-famed Myth. Mysterious accounts are appearing out of the blue ( @BringBackMythTyranny ), spreading the anger and fury. Pressure is applied on the hosts ( @redredrobin , @Bellevue91 ) as more and more people agree Myth - The Myth - deserves to return. I, for one, am one of them. Me, @zodiacdog , is part of this, well, mysterious group. However, I can not say what happens next, for it is no one's knowledge. Until it reveals itself, it shall remain a mystery. Ah! Tensions are rising all too rapidly as former Thriller campers - who were a part of the Myth/Thriller war - slowly begin to support that Myth should come back. If the whole of SWC - the whole of the famed Scratch Writing Camp, - how does Bi-Fi stand a chance? We probably will see the famous Myth in the next session itself if the tension holds. The numbers are slowly, but steadily growing. Do the famed hosts stand a chance against the wrath of former Mythians - no, the whole of Scratch Writing Camp!? There is simply no way, and I predict we shall be seeing Myth once again soon. But that’s just my theory. A SWC theory!

Author:
@zodiacdog / Zodiac

Pronouns:
They/them

Last edited by zodiacdog (Nov. 2, 2022 22:40:37)

zodiacdog
Scratcher
77 posts

WEEKLY (in progress)

Hello Thriller!

Hello my dear siblings, I am from Fan-Fi! I wish you all good luck in Cabin Wars, Word Wars, and SWC in general. So far, we have been good, happy, and loyal siblings. However, if you betray us, you will regret it terribly. Anyway, just a mild warning. Would keep it in mind though. I think of you as the most formidable cabin! Except for us of course. Okay, jokes aside, I’m really glad I’m with you in SWC this session. I hope you have a fun and happy session! Though please keep my warning in mind, for your own safety.

This is a message from the Fan-Fi Travel Agency.

From,
Zodiac

Last edited by zodiacdog (Nov. 3, 2022 03:12:17)

zodiacdog
Scratcher
77 posts

Hi! I’m @zodiacdog , but you can call me Zodiac. This is my 3rd time doing SWC, and I love it (so far >). My interest in writing sprouted from reading. I like Fantasy and Adventure. Some of my favorite authors are Erin Hunter, Christopher Paolini, and various other people. I like mammals (mainly canines and felines). I’m in SWC to have fun and of course, write. Look forward to seeing y’all later in the session!

Last edited by zodiacdog (Nov. 2, 2022 22:12:46)

zodiacdog
Scratcher
77 posts

Intro

Hi! I'm @zodiacdog , but you can call me Zodiac. I've been in SWC for 2 sessions - this being my 3rd. I'm in Fan-fi, the best cabin, by far. I'm really glad to be in it, it was one of my dream cabins! I like mammals (mainly canines and felines), andI love to read, and obviously, write. Hope to see y'all later in the session.

Dailies

Nov. 2nd
Nov. 5th
Nov. 6th
Weeklies

Nov. 8th

In-cabin activities

Nov. 2nd
Nov. 5th
Freewrites

Nov. 5th

Here is some writing

ATTENTION! BLOOD WARNING!
Please only read this if it is appropriate for your age. This is completely Fiction/not real.

Doe felt her palms glow as they met the greatest treasure in possibly the whole world. She gasped with pain as energy flew through her. A vision formed in front of her.. That was her. She saw herself as golden energy pulsed through her veins. She watched as her eyes closed, and she was plunged into darkness. Darkness… Before light. She opened her eyes. Soft grass supported her. A bird tweeted. Sunlight shone down, and she felt she could lie there forever…..
“DOE! Um, what was it.. Oh! Doe, a deer, a female de- OOF!” Doe tackled her friend before he could say another word.
“NOPE! Never say that again!” she demanded, getting up as the illusion disappeared. They were in a dank dungeon now.
“Even to save you from lying there permanently until you were turned into a monster, and then-”
“ALRIGHT, FINE! Just stop bragging.” she said. Arthur heaved himself onto his feet, and huffed. Before he could say a word, she lifted her hand, stiffening. “You hear that?” she whispered. A ticking sound came from the shadows.
‘Culafring!’ she thought, as the serpent lept from the shadows, baring its fangs. It lept for her shoulder, and sank it's fangs into it, before being knocked aside.
“ARTHUR!” she screamed, blood dripping from her wound. She recognized the flash of his silver blade.
“JUST RUN!” he commanded, raising his blade again. It dripped with blue blood. She limped to the nearest exit, and found a corner to hide in. Suddenly, the blood rushed to her head, and she passed out.

Thank you for taking the time to read my intro! I will be continuing this story later in the session.

Last edited by zodiacdog (Nov. 11, 2022 00:09:34)

Delta_doodles
Scratcher
36 posts

Claiming
PixelDucko
Scratcher
80 posts

☆ Crysties Table of Contents ☆
• November 2022 , Poetry Isle of Fame , GMT+8 , 4,810/10k

– – – – – – ◦ ☆ ◦ – – – – – –

Dailies
• November 1 (106 words excluding abbreviations and emoticons, 0 points) :: Introduction
• November 2 (303 words) :: Article of a SWC-Related Topic
• November 7 (6 words, not added to word count) :: Three Word Stories
• November 15 (0 words) :: Self-care Daily <3
• November 20 (? words) :: Roleplay With Your Comments Daily
• November 23 (121 words) :: Describe Your Book

Weeklies
• November 7 (1,377 words, unfinished) :: Dear Cabins…
• November 19 (312 words) :: Self-care Weekly
• November 28 (896 words, unfinished) :: The Big World of Space

Word Wars
• None yet!

Other
• November 12 (161 words) :: “Alone”
• November 12 (107 words) :: Routine Rambling
• November 12 (272 words) :: Room Decorating Rambling
• November 22 (460 words) :: No Thanks, I'm Fine
• November 23 (215 words) :: Critique #1
• November 24 (179 words) :: Dear Dairy!
• November 26 (401 words) :: Random Cabin War Rambling #1

– – – – – – ◦ ☆ ◦ – – – – – –

Last edited by PixelDucko (Nov. 28, 2022 10:40:05)

┌─── . . . ☾ CRYSTIE
⌗⌗ ☆ an introverted artist who enjoys writing

☆ Scratch Writing Camp
July 2022 ⌗ Hi-fi Faire w/ Sun, Goose and Star
November 2022 ⌗ Poetry Isle w/ Finch, Badowie and Viara
March 2023 ⌗ Poetry Coffeeshop w/ Stingray, Ivy and Hop
July 2023 ⌗ Folklore Woods w/ Skye, Reese and Hop
November 2023 ⌗ Fairy Tale Academy w/ Yume, Soph(ie) and Sarah
March 2024 ⌗ Epistolary Letter Terminal w/ Yume, Nat and Silky

☆ Scratch Art Camp
October 2022 ⌗ Botanical Birdhouse w/ Cloudii and Dawn
November 2022 ⌗ Traditional Towers w/ Finch and Alex
February 2024 ⌗ Gouache Gorge w/ Maia

⌗⌗ ☆ thanks for reading !!
└─── . . . ☾ GOODBYE
xXFierroOrFalafelXx
Scratcher
100+ posts

xxfierroorfalafel's thread

Hi my name is Phoenix pronouns are they/them xe/xem and he/him
5th session of swc
adventure cabin

daily november 2nd:
SWC stands for scratch writing camp and it is a great place to grow in all sorts of writing skills. There are many cabins which are each named after a genre of writing. These cabins have changed a few times, but a few are adventure, non-fiction, mystery, folklore, and fanfiction. Truly there are a ton of options. No matter what cabin you get placed in though, you can still write a ton of different genres. The daily and weekly team works hard to create special daily and weekly challenges meant to improve certain aspects of writing. Sometimes it might be about grammar or world building or character building or just something to get you out of your comfort zone and truly explore the abilities of your writing and they’re always fun. Completing these dailies and weeklies can also sometimes give you points and while winning points is amazing and being the cabin with the most points at the end is amazing, winning isn’t the most important thing. SWC is a place for writers to grow and sharpen their skills while having a ton of fun and making friends and memories. Writing is an important aspect of my life and scratch writing camp has truly helped me with that and if I have to bow down to a mango for that, then so be it. Mangos are pretty awesome.

228 words

daily november 3rd

Halloween has just passed for many of us, and our bellies ache from all the candy we have consumed, but the flavor has already vanished. What if I told you there was a healthier way to get that delicious Halloween taste and have it last even longer? When you get home after a long night of trick or treating, do you unwrap your candies and throw the wrappers in the garbage? Well after this you won’t be doing that anymore. For only $5.99 you can be one of the lucky people to buy a Candy Wrapper Smoothie and you’ll even get a dollar discount if you provide your own candy wrappers. Candy wrappers may seem gross to you, but when you blend them, they are bursting with flavor. They’re also rich with healthy fibers.Some candy wrappers have jokes on them and eating those literally tastes like you’re eating a smile. Try a creamy candy wrapper with all sorts of options for milk. We have 1 percent, 2 percent, almond, oat, soy, and even coconut. Because candy wrappers are often shiny like money, many customers left our shop satisfied with their delicious smoothies, and then their days got even better when they suddenly acquired sudden riches. This has not been the case every time but it is definitely not a coincidence. Candy wrapper smoothies make you healthy, happy, and rich, and really what else could you want? Everyone’s itching to get a taste of this candy wrapper smoothie, so come on down to the Happy Mango and see what the greatest writers of the age are calling, “a masterpiece of flavor and ingenious creativity topped with an adorable umbrella.” Yes that’s right folks, cute little umbrellas! They even come in pride colors. So hurry you don’t want to miss this delectable treat.

303 words

Daily Nov 5th

“To whom this message reaches, by the will of the angels, I have seen horrors you cannot imagine. My crew and i set sail from the port of Lykaon in April of 1431. King Marius had sent us out that we might sail to distant land and bring him back treasure. Instead we encountered many horrible creatures and it seemed we lost a crew member every day. Each day our captain said we must keep going and so we did. Then came the sirens and they were the worst of all. Their song so enchanting that all the men threw themselves overboard. As I am partially deaf, I was lucky. But the boat crashed and by the mercy of an angel i landed on a beautiful island. Or so i thought. A few days ago I found a strange thing floating above the island. I can only describe it as a door to hell and it is slowly being opened and demons will rain down on me and i am certain when they are done with me, they will come for you. So beware and prepare for the possibility of war.”
Gilbert folded the message and put it into the bottle closing it tight. There was no civilization around for God knows how far, but he had to have some hope the message would reach someone. Gilbert had nearly come close to accepting his fate, but he would try everything he could to make sure the people of Lykaon and all the other kingdoms did not fall to these demons. He took a deep breath and threw the bottle into the waves. He said a silent prayer then ran back to the tree house he had made for shelter. He stayed inside as much as possible now, only venturing out for food and clean water. Yesterday the voices had begun. They came from the door in the sky, and though Gilbert could not understand it (though he believed the reason to be that it was another language and not his trouble with hearing.) That hardly mattered, he could feel the waves and tremors of fear they wanted him to feel. When Gilbert was young his mother told him that an angel took special care of their family but if they did, Gilbert couldn't help but wonder, shouldn't they come and destroy the door? 392 words
'

weekly 1

Letter to mystery:

To Miss Terry and the agents of the Mystery Express, I woke up today at a crime scene. The details are rather gruesome, so I’ll let you see them when you arrive at Scripturam Manor. I was here visiting my great aunt Matilda who is an avid writer and has received many awards for her novels but also made many enemies for the truths she tells. Or rather, I suppose I should say was. I went downstairs this morning to make breakfast but I noticed the mansion was a mess. Great aunt Matilda was a neat-freak, so this was the first sign that something was wrong. Then I found her, slumped over her bowl of cereal, dead. She had clearly been murdered and it hadn’t happened all that long ago because her body has not yet gone fully cold and stiff and her cereal was not yet a soggy sludge. This leads me to believe that the murderer may still be nearby so hurry please.
-Adventure
169 words

Letter to fantasy
Dear Tana F. Sy, I hear you are hard at work on your writing machine in the steampunk sanctuary. I would like to wish you good luck on catching one of those magic birds so your writing machine can have a magic quill. The steampunk sanctuary really does sound like a wonderful place for you and all your skills and I know you’re going to build some wonderful machines. The world can see the gears in your brain turning and the streetlamps that line the streets know they will soon be outshone by you and all your amazing ideas. Beware of imps however, I hear they enjoy dismantling machines and stealing equipment.
-Phoenix Scythe
117 words

Letter to horror
Horatio, I got your message and just in time too. At least I hope it is in time. I have found the grave of Ollins Spark who created the dream catcher that is now used to torment you. One of my friends is a researcher and we are trying to see if we can break the dream catcher’s hold on you, but none of us know where you are. Horatio, your family is worried sick and our imaginations are running wild at what may have happened to you. Sometimes I swear I can hear your voice, but it’s never you. Which leaves me wondering, who is it then? I’m going to find you, Horatio. I promise.
-Phoenix Scythe
121 words

Letter to folklore
Dear Kore Foll, I received the pressed flowers that you sent me and they were lovely. That soup you’ve been eating sounds delicious. I only wish you had a recipe you could send me. The village where you are sounds wonderful and perhaps those things you mentioned seeing really are fairies and sprites. This really does sound like the start of some amazing adventure and I hope everything goes well. If trouble is brewing, then face it with courage. You’ve got this. The world there sounds a little insane, but you are nothing if not insane as well. The old stories are catching up with you and you must write.
-Phoenix Scythe
115 words

Letter to dystopian

Dear Syd A. Pinto (as I will call you now for fear of revealing your true identity), I’m not sure if I decoded your message right, but from what I understand those celestials sound like a real piece of work. Sorry, sorry, I know that in spite of everything you seem to like them and you wrote as if you are in total awe of them, but seriously. They just sound like the kind of people, or beings or whatever that I wouldn’t like. The realm sounds wonderful though and maybe one day if I could avoid those celestials, I could take a vacation there, heh. That would be something. Hopefully stuff goes a little better for you though. I can’t shake this feeling in the pit of my stomach that you might be trapped without even realizing it. Welp, here's hoping this letter doesn’t get destroyed before you even read it. I have a system for smuggling it to you, I just hope it works
-you know who i am.

174 words

To Thriller

Agent Thalia, I’m sending this letter to a station near you in the hopes that it finds you. I’m getting worried. More and more reports of strange appearances and disappearances in that part of the ocean have been popping up on the news. Old sailors at the t*verns have had many stories to tell, and while most pass them off as just being crazy old dr*nks, I can’t help but be worried for you. This is the only way I have to communicate with you currently, but I wish I had another way. Get home safe, Thalia. Don’t be another sad story on the news.
-Phoenix Scythe
111 words

Realistic fiction

Rylla, where the heck are you? Nobody has seen you since you went into that inn, but all the staff says you left. We’re all getting worried. Why won’t you answer our calls, texts, or emails? Are you okay? Something feels very wrong, because the police refuse to look for you. I do not trust that inn that you stayed at. They let me in so I could see proof that you were not there, but everything seemed a little off. Something seems different about these people here and they have too many locked doors. Maybe it’s true what they say, the worst monsters are not dragons or goblins or ogres, but real people. Please, please by okay Rylla.

-Phoenix Scythe
123 words

letter to bi-fi

Dear Bi-Fi, isn’t it so great to be siblings? Your overlord sounds amazing and the cinema must be full of creative ideas. You’ve all got very bright minds and you aren’t afraid of what other people are going to think of your thoughts, and I think that’s pretty amazing. On my travels, I have walked past the cinema a few times and I’ve peeked in the windows a little, because hey, I gotta look into any sign of adventure. The place is totally insane. I’ve seen some stuff I can’t really believe. It is truly a wonder that you can live and work here, while I get overwhelmed just walking past. Best of luck, but just know that we’re going to win.

Sincerely, adventure
127 words

Letter to Sci-fi
Dear Cece, you’re going to the metaverse? That honestly sounds insane but so cool. Your letter was clearly written in such a rush as there was hardly anything written and the writing was hard to decipher, but I guess it makes sense since it was so last minute. This is really exciting. I know you won’t get this letter until you get back, but I wonder what you’ll find. I have heard some great stuff about Project SCP, and I know this group has made some groundbreaking discoveries. I can not believe you get to be a part of something so huge and I just know it is going to be an amazing adventure for you. I can’t wait to hear all about it when you get back.
Best wishes, Phoenix Scythe
135 words

Letter to script
Hiya Script, how’s the musical going? I hear there’s been a lot of drama backstage and some mishaps with some of your sets and costumes. I’m sure you’ll all work past them and the musical will be amazing. As a sibling of yours, I will of course be coming to see the musical when it is finished. Okay, but on another topic, tell that guy in the mask who’s always singing about music of the night or whatever to chill. He’s being super creepy and I feel bad for that Christine girl who he’s always bothering. You guys should have a talk with him or fire him. Your musical sounds so, so wonderful, but if your performers are going to be like that, I am not so sure I want to come see it.
-Adventure
138 words

Letter to fanfiction
Hey Fran, how’s it going out there? It took me just about forever to find a way to send you a letter, so sorry I have not really sent you anything in a long while. Well, actually I guess maybe it won’t have been very long for you. Since you are time traveling now. So tell me, where have you been, when have you been? What secret, lost, or destroyed stories have you found? So many different stories and possibilities and you and your fellow agents of the time traveling agency are truly doing us all a favor. Time travel inside of those books and honestly, if you could switch stuff around and save that character’s life, you’d do us all a favor. Really, we all owe fan-fiction so much and I hope you have a great time altering the past.
-Phoenix Scythe
146 words

Letter to Hi-fi
Howdy Hi-fi, it’s been a while. And this is what you’re doing now?? You won’t get away with another train robbery. I guarantee it. My fellow adventurers and I are setting off on a quest to end these heinous crimes. This is your warning before we annihilate you. Adventure is going to outwrite and outscore you guys big time and there’s nothing you can do about it.I suppose though that I must begrudgingly say that I admire your sharp skills. However immoral it may be to rob a train, I guess it has got to be done sometimes and you and your horses clearly all work well together. You are a worthy adversary and I look forward to the challenge of beating you guys.
-phoenix scythe
130 words

Letter to non-fiction
Dear Nona, my friends and I are about to set off on an adventure into the great and wild wilderness and food may be hard for us to find. We’ve packed up rations, but I was thinking maybe we could bring some of that amazing bread we’re heard so much about? From the naan fiction breadhouse where you work. It sounds like those workers all have some cool stories to tell, even if they aren’t really epic and full of adventure. It sounds like a great place for you to work, and I can’t wait to go there some day and enjoy the atmosphere. When I get back from the adventure, if I get back, then I would like to spend some time there. It’s honestly such a cute shop and it smells like heaven. I need excitement and adventure right now, but maybe one day.
-Phoenix Scythe
151 words

letter to poetry
Dear poetry, your skill of play on words is getting even more and more astounding to me. Your words can really be moving and it blows my mind how you can paint a picture in fewer words than any other genre I can think of. I visited your isle of fame today, and it was truly a wonder to be there. So many different kinds of poems, haikus, limericks, lyric poems, and all. You’ve all been phenomenal and the writing gods have definitely blessed you for sure. However, adventure is more blessed and we are going to win. Not you guys. Have fun with your poetry though. Just remember you will never be quite as good as us.
Cheers, -adventure
123 words

total 1880

daily nov 10th tw: death and animals dying and fire and not very good writing

The pup was not as strong as the older dogs who followed the hunter, but she was bright and energetic. And she loved the hunter. Four days they had been away from home, tracking the giant beast and while all the other dogs bayed and whined for a good chase, a good k*ll, the pup was just happy to be with the hunter. Late at night, they stopped tracking it so they could rest and the hunter built a fire to keep them warm and cook his meal. The dogs ate scraps and the pup tugged at the hem of the hunter’s tunic so he would play with her. He sighed and picked her up, tickling her belly which she loved. “I wish you could be safe somewhere, rather than on this hunt. It’s dangerous.”
She tilted her head curiously at him. She didn’t know these words. All she knew was that the hunter had rescued her from the cave she was trapped in and that he was her friend. Right now he seemed sad so she barked to try and cheer him up. He smiled slightly and set her down, giving her a stick to play with.
When the sky started to turn pink with dawn, the pup awoke to the smell of the beast they hunted. She barked excitedly for the others to get up and began bounding toward the smell. The other dogs and the hunter soon followed suit. The older dogs were stronger and faster so they quickly got ahead but the pup gave it her all and refused to be left behind. The smell of the beast was awful and rancid but she knew that they wanted to find it, so she didn’t even care that it made her nose burn.
They found it leaning against a tree, breathing heavily. The sight was even worse than the pup had imagined and she trembled in fear.
“Very well,” growled the beast. “I am done running. Fight me if you dare.” One of the dogs rushed at it and in less time than it took the pup to blink, one of its heads snapped the dog up. Terror ran through the group as still more dogs were snatched up despite their efforts.
They fought and the hunter chopped off a few of the monster’s heads but there were still many more. The pup hid in the bushes in fear, though she wanted to help. Then she got an idea. In the distance there was a village and in the village there would be fire. The pup ran as fast as she could, faster than she thought she could and went into the village to grab a torch. She remembered that the beast was terrified of flames so she came back and as mightily as she could she threw the torch at the beast. It howled in pain, dropping the corpse of the hunter who it had killed and the flames began to consume it. But flames do not discriminate and as the pup collapsed with exhaustion. All the creatures in that stretch of the forest, the hunter and the beast and all the dogs including that heroic little pup, were burnt to ash and carried up to the heavens by the smoke. But the beast that had been terrorizing the people was vanquished and the gods made all of those heroes into stars or constellations. The pup became canis minor and today she still looks out for the little ones who would like to be heroes.
590 words

daily nov14th: Setting: the 15 cabins are all gathered around a table except Sci-Fi who has joined in on Zoom
Dystopian: Alright, let’s get things started-
Folklore: Hey, who made you the leader?
Dystopian: I mean, I’m dystopian. I am kind of supposed to be in charge.
Script: What? No! No, no, no. Dystopia, you’re literally famous for being a horrible leader. We have an entire generation trained in defeating you.
Adventure: You have French guys singing dramatically about colors and then getting totally annihilated.
Script: That’s Les Mis! Les mis is a deep and beautiful-
Sci-Fi: It doesn’t matter. Come on, my Zoom connection is really bad. We need to get this meeting in order. So please try and have at least a little common sense and logic. We aren’t here to discuss Dystopia or the French Revolution or whatever else the heck you guys are talking about. We need a new cabin.

Real-fi: Let’s get rid of Non-fiction. We’re basically the same thing but we do it cooler.
Non-fi: hey! You take that back! Teachers around the world love us. So you can take your-
Sci-fi: Enough! We’re choosing a new cabin. Nothing else. Pay attention.
Dystopian: Yeah, pay attention or I’ll put you and all your loved ones in prison and force them to build me a new city.
Hi-Fi: Actually, historically when something like that happens, it means your country will pretty soon fall apart. You have to give the people what they want at least somewhat. Trick them into thinking the place where they live is good. Otherwise your economy is going to start falling apart soon.
Sci-fi: Historical fiction, for the love of Einstein, please stop. Bizarro Fiction, what about you? We haven’t heard from you. Do you have any ideas?
Bi-Fi: (cackling) Maggots.
All: NO!
Bi-Fi: Okay, okay fine! (signs dramatically then grins hopefully and mischievously at sci-fi) Rabid Bookworm cabin?
(all cabins laugh glance at fan-fic who is busy drawing their otps and cursed ships)
Fan-fic: ….wait a second… is that supposed to be me?
(All other cabins laugh)
Non-fi: I mean you guys are usually the craziest readers.
Fan-fic: You guys are mean. I’m gonna tell Phoenix to write a fan-fic of their own script but make it so you guys don’t say that.
Bi-fi: It would be really cool if the writer somehow showed up here, but even I have to say that’s too weird.
Sci-fi: Well, there is some scientific theory that it could work. But seeing as are all fictional-
Non-fi: Um excuse me?
Adventure: You’re excused. But what they mean is you are a fictional representation of non fiction.
Non-firubbing head) you guys are trying to give me an identity crisis.
Phoenix: (enters with a bowl of mangoes)Hey guys I thought you could use a snack.
All cabins: (gasp collectively) Mangoes!
Fantasy: (snatches the bowl) Alrightythen, so we’re all decided the next cabin will be the mango cabin?
492 words

weekly 2:

Part 1: interview portion

Interview with @SugarN_Milk
Phoenix: Hi, my name is Phoenix and I'll be interviewing you today. So let's start with your name, your cabin, and a quick interesting fact about you,

Sugar: Hi! My name is Sugar, and I'm in Hi-fi this Scratch Writing Camp session. {pauses} An interesting fact about me is that I can speak 3 languages. English, Russian, and French.

Phoenix: Wow that's really cool. I still struggle with English- which is my native language- sometimes {chuckles} well alright, it's nice to meet you Sugar. What genre do you most enjoy writing?

Sugar: Hmm {pauses} Well, there's definitely a lot of genres to choose from, but I think my favorite would have to be realistic fiction.

Phoenix: Ooh that one is pretty cool. Are there any particular reasons or aspects? Historical fiction and realistic fiction are often pretty similar because history is stuff that did actually happen after all, so have you tried writing historical fiction since joining this cabin and how did that go? Did your skills in realistic fiction writing help at all?

Sugar: I think a reason I really enjoy realistic fiction is because, I find myself reading them a lot. It isn't easy for me to make fantasy worlds because I have to admit my imagination skills are pretty weak {smiles} I mean I can do it, but it isn't comfortable for me. I have tried writing in historical fiction before, and I think it's pretty fun. {stops to think} The only reason it was a little bit hard, is because I had to look at history facts to make sure my writing made sense. I'd say my skills in realistic fiction writing did help, because I was already pretty good at creating a scenario that made sense, and could have happened in real life.

Phoenix: That makes sense and it's really cool to hear a little bit about your writing process. {smiles} Let's move onto some more questions about Scratch Writing Camp, shall we? How has this program–either this session or others you have possibly been in– helped you grow as a writer? what challenges did it give you? What skills did it sharpen?

Sugar: Well, I realize that these sessions have really increased my love for writing. I wasn't that into it before. {pause} Umm I think all the daily and weekly assignments have helped me write in genres I'm not comfortable in. Last session I had to write fanfiction. {chuckles} and it wasn't great, but hey at least I tried. {smiles} I think my character development has improved. I've learnt that I need to make the reader attached to the character, or they won't care about what happens to them.

Phoenix: That's always one of my favorite parts of scratch writing camp, seeing how it helps writers grow. Now, an important aspect of writing is reading other works. So to wrap up this interview, I would like to first say that it has been wonderful to learn a little about you, Sugar. Then I would like to ask: what book are you currently reading or what is one you currently read? without spoilers, would you mind sharing how you felt about the book?

Sugar: So about last month I started reading the Keeper of the Lost Cities series. It's{pause} a pretty popular book series, so I decided to try it out. It is basically a fantasy genre, but I feel like it has a hint of mystery in it too. I really enjoy the amount of balance Shannon Messenger has. The fact that it has adventure, drama, and just a pinch of romance really makes the series perfect for me.

Phoenix: alright, thank you so much, Sugar. Happy writing

(including questions: 615 words)
(not including questions: 345 words)

My interview

Sugar: As you already know, I'm Sugar and today I'm going to be interviewing you on popular opinions. 1st off, do pineapples belong on pizza?

Phoenix: Well hi Sugar, my name's Phoenix. Honestly that's a fairly complicated question to answer but I'll do my best to keep it short and simple. {chuckles} Your classic Hawaiian pizza does not belong anywhere near the stuff we consider food. However pineapple on pizza can be delicious, but it’s pretty hard to get right. The trick is making sure you drain a lot of the juice but not too much and also your sauce should be sweet and spicy. it just complements it the best that way I think.

Sugar: Hmm, personally I don't like it on pizza, but your reasoning makes sense. Now, for a very controversial one. What comes first? Cereal or Milk?

Phoenix: laughs} are you trying to make me hungry?well according to the dictionary cereal comes first heheheheheheh. okay,seriously though, cereal comes first. unless you just had a serving of cereal and you have milk left and add more cereal. then i guess you might say that you got milk first? plus say you pour yourself a bowl of cereal then realize you don't have milk, well dry cereal is delicious. but do the opposite and well… you have a bowl of milk. also there's like measuring the right amount of milk after getting your cereal and not before, and just so many reasons why cereal should come first.

Sugar: Hehe I must say I've heard those same reasons before, as I myself put the milk first. It doesn't get soggy as easily, but enough of that. Next question. Looks like this one is also about food. What is your opinion about dipping your fries in milkshakes?
Phoenix: I guess that makes sense but I always learned to just eat cereal quickly. oh and always check that you have a spoon clean first. very important. fries in a milkshake? Yeah it's pretty tasty. vanilla is best but chocolate is alright. I feel like it has to be the stuff from a fastfood restaurant though. like those frozen fries that you stick in your oven or airfryer would not taste right dipped into a homemade milkshake.

Sugar: I agree, only fast food fries would work with this method. I now have another question also about fries. Do you keep the sauce on the fries or on the side for dipping?

Phoenix: on the side, unless i;m having loaded fries but i don;t have those too often

Sugar: That's a valid answer. Now, for quick fire round! What is the best sauce for fries and why? What is your opinion on coffee? Is pizza overrated? You'll be surprised that is actually an opinion people have.

Phoenix: I've always had a special place in my heart for a nice classic franks hot sauce with some fries but ketchup is great too with the fast food kind. i've also had loaded cheesy fries and those can be really tasty and also recently tried fries dipped into honey mustard and I don't know I kind of dig it.and like i said milk shakes can be pretty good and yes they are a sauce. but yeah franks hot sauce is my go to. i mean it's got a spicy kick, addicting vinegar, yum. coffee, I have mixed opinions on it. It smells great for sure. the grounds smell awful though. I typically only drink dessert coffees as a rare treat or a normal coffee with some creamer and milk and sugar because I don't want to hurt my tongue and only if I like desperately need caffeine. i'm trying not to need it so much currently but I know one say I will. Also as for the pizza I mean pizza is amazing, and while yes sometimes it gets overhyped, I am desperately craving one right now. Soo…

Sugar: Anyways, thanks for being here today to answer my questions. I really appreciate it!

Phoenix: Glad to help

(including questions: 672 words)
(Not including questions: 485 words)

All in all 830 words with just the answers
1287 with the questions too.
my questions and my answers combined: 755 words

monologue: (we censored it a lot) Context: The big bad wolf stands trial in the afterlife
My part: Listen, Mikey, Lucy, can I call you guys that? No? Alright fine, no need to look so apalled. I guess they just don't have much artistry in Heaven or H*ll. You've all raised some very valid points about why you think I should go to h*ll. But let me ask you something? Michael, archangel of heaven, would you deny a soul past Saint Peter's gate because he satisfied his hunger? The farmer raises his cattle and he cares for them and then he sl**ghters them. G*d says he loves all the animals, but does he let his sentinels bar that man from heaven? No! So when I, a wolf, go out to eat a d*mb little girl, why am I suddenly the bad guy? I am a wolf, the son of the moon, my heart is strong and my teeth are sharp. But man has taken over everything! The woods are hardly there and what food remains the humans are taking. You have your farms, why will you not let me have my woods? Once, me and my brothers wore crowns and all the people bowed. But now it is those scavenging humans, those g*dforsaken p*rasites who rule these lands. The wolves are getting hungry and humans have stolen all our food. But you do not seek a punishment for the thieves! No, you see a wolf and laugh and wonder how else you might hurt me. I have been kicked to the dirt, my tail has been stomped. I've been run out of far too many villages to even count. I even tried life as a p*thetic dog, but I will never-NEVER- do that again. Finally, finally I found a patch of wood, the f*lty human race had not yet destroyed. But still I hungered, for food and justice. They k*//ed my pack for some trophy pelts, I k*//ed a little girl, only so that I might eat. Is that such a cr*me? Or do you think the wolf should just s*ff*r?

333 words

@_gardenia_’s part

NO! NO! NO, NO, NO! I won’t let myself get c***emned to eternal s*ff**ing just because of my instincts! I’m as innocent as a wee little lamb bouncing around in the flower fields! Well, maybe not that innocent, but I know I’m much better than those before me. I’ve never done anything wrong, just trying to survive in the harsh woods of this world! I DON’T deserve to r*t in the afterlife, it was just my survival instincts, after all, nothing else, NOTHING more. Just because I tried to stay alive, doesn’t make me evil. It’s the law of the jungle, the strong survive while the weak wither away. I SHOULDN’T be c***emned to eternal s*ff**ing! Wait, didn’t I already— No matter! It was just my need to stay alive, plus, haven’t others done way worse than I? And yet, you blame it all on the “Big, Bad Wolf” who didn’t even come near to doing anything that horrendous at all. WHY me? Why me? I just wanted to survive in this man-eat-man world, and suddenly, all this blame is pitted against me. I've seen the whispers and heard the rumors. Those d*rty looks they cast upon me. Who would choose a lone wolf in the middle of the woods to bad mouth? WHY? Why am I always seen as the bad guy? The one who deserves to sh**vel away in the deepest, darkest corner of this universe? Why ME? Isn’t there somebody else you can blame for your troubles, somebody else than a lone wolf that was just trying to SURVIVE? Isn’t there a better way to spend your time in this world full of possibilities that I’ll never get to experience again? I’ll never get to see the stars twinkling in the night sky, the sunrise—breaking the darkness that clouded the night, the rainbows that would shine after the rain had fallen— I’ll never get to see any of that again. Never. I hope they all think about that as they try to fall asleep tonight…

338 words

Both of them together including context 680 words

poem no longer shared

Song: Fern (concealed love)

Verse 1 We knew this day was coming soon, but I didn’t know what all it meant
As we’re saying goodbye I’m looking back at the way our lives were spent
I hold you tight then stand there waving in the rain as I watch you go
The headlights fade away and I realize so many things I want you to know

Chorus If you’re ever in the woods take a look in the ferns
My heart is hidden there for you-ooh-ooh
But you’ll never know it will you darling?
Oh cause darling you would never be mine
I know you’ll never look but I promise it’s right there for you to find

Verse 2 And I watched you fall in love with the girl next door
And it hurt so bad I wondered what love even existed for
But now we’re saying goodbye and oh darling, if I could only tell you
If I were brave and I were strong and I told you what was true

Verse 3 And if I said it all before what would have changed?
If I spilled my heart would our lives be all rearranged?
What if I took the mask off now? Would you come home to me?
Or would my love make me your enemy?

chorus If you’re ever in the woods take a look in the ferns

Bridge But with each secret that I make
It’s just a shield against heartbreak
(if there were music there’d probably be a cool guitar solo here)

Altered chorus If I’m ever in the woods I’ll take a look in those ferns
And I’ll find my heart and I’ll give it to you
But I will never find it darling
And I will never give it you
Cause I’m terrified of the woods

Outro Cause one day at a b*r I’ll see you with her
Your arms will be around her and I’ll wonder
What would have happened if I could just get myself to say
That I love you
But I’ll myself: it’s better off this way
Cause I’m terrified of the woods

491 words

total word count assuming I properly understood what to count is: 2833 words

daily for november 17th
Yawning I wake to the sound of the alarm clock ding ding ding
Out of bed and to the kitchen, in search of that breakfast ring
There on the second shelf I see them waiting to be eaten
Bagels! When it comes to breakfast, you really can’t be beaten

Onion, plain, or Pumpkin bagels sweet and ready for autumn,
But the best by far, full of onion, covered in seeds and crumbs
Savory, perfect to start the day, the everything bagel!
Slice, but careful or to my finger today might be fatal

Two delicious rings now on my plate, better than rings of gold
But this morning do I want my bagel toasted or cold?
Toasted today I think, deeper gold or ever so slightly
So many ways to have a bagel and all done rightly

Into the two slots of the toaster the bagels will go
Push them down into the heat, making breakfast like a pro
Kneeling on the kitchen floor open up the fridge door
Butter? Hummus? Cream cheese? Oh dear there seems to be no more

Take the better out and let it soften, it’s perfect once my bagel’s up
It smells so perfect I can hardly even wait to sup
But carefully, the knife goes into the butter and I spread it on, watching as it melts
Then I take a bite, and i think this is a good breakfast i have been dealt
239 words

stuff for critique: (warnings mean dad and sm*king)
(context. ignatius graythorne and his family are having their neighbors over for lunch. kauri is the name of ignatius's stepdad)
The new neighbors were a fairly short but broad-shouldered man with light reddish brown hair and light brown eyes named Gideon Bennet and his son Lachlan. Lachlan was white with a faded average-white-guy baseball cap shoved onto overgrown, stringy, brown hair, and steely gray eyes that very clearly said he didn’t want to be here. Lachlan was apparently about a year older than Ignatius but would still be in eighth grade with him. “Though this year he better be getting better grades. Don’t want another failure,” Gideon said, clapping his son on the back. It made Ignatius feel pretty uncomfortable. His father had always told him to try very hard and be a good student and learn well. But he’d never made him feel like a failure. Lachlan didn’t seem to care though. He just muttered hi then sat on the couch and got on his phone.
“Hey, show our hosts some respect and sit at the table for your (redacted) lunch,” Gideon snapped, causing Ignatius to flinch a little.
“Please don’t swear in front of children in our house,” Kauri said.
“Of course, my apologies. I guess I just lose my patience sometimes.”
They sat at the table for lunch which Kauri served and Ignatius was seated next to Lachlan. “You can’t really lose something you never had,” Lachlan muttered only loud enough for Ignatius to hear while the adults talked about work and taxes and other adult stuff that Ignatius wanted to avoid for a few more years. He wasn’t really sure what to say, but Lachlan just kept eating and didn’t really seem to want a conversation.
As soon as Ignatius finished eating, he asked if he could go outside.
“Take Lachlan out with you. You two should get to know each other.”
“Because of course neither of us should have any choice in the matter,” Lachlan said in a bored drawl but he walked outside and after a moment, Ignatius put his shoes on and followed him.
The Graythorne’s yard was a lot smaller than Ignatius’s abuela and abuelo’s yard, since neither of his parents nor Kauri ever had an interest in any sort of farming. Once his grandmother on his mother’s side had visited from Latvia and given his mom some handcrafted fake flowers which she had somehow managed to kill just a couple months later. Ignatius and Kauri used to have a game of pretending to try and keep her away from the produce section when they went to the supermarket. So with the fact that his mother was apparently the bane of plants in mind, they just let the only flowers in their backyard be whatever wildflowers decided to grow in the grass and the flowers on the ornamental plum tree that had stood in the middle of the yard since before they got the house. There were also a couple pine trees or something like that. Plants weren’t Ignatius’s speciality either. Finally at the far end of the backyard was a small hill. When Ignatius was eight his mom had taught him how to snowboard on that hill and he’d broken his wrist. Now Lachlan lay on the hill, arms crossed behind his head. He opened one eye to look at Ignatius. “What do you want?
“Well, I figure we should make it look like we’re getting along so our parents stop bothering us,” Ignatius said, sitting down a little ways away from him.
“Yeah, cause that’ll happen,” Lachlan muttered, but he sat up, taking off his baseball cap and running his fingers through his hair to somewhat neaten it.
Ignatius shrugged. “You like baseball?” he asked, hating the fact that he was conditioned to not like a lot of silence thanks to the fact that Emeric was always talking.
Lachlan looked at the hat in his hand and scoffed. “Hell no. My dad likes it which means I pretend to like it. Honestly I pretend to like most things my dad expects me to like.”
“Sounds awesome. So do you actually like anything or are you too busy faking liking stuff your dad likes?” Ignatius asked, with a trace of a smirk.
A bit of amusement flickered in Lachlan’s eyes. “Nah. Too busy lying to my dad.” He stood up and walked over to the ornamental plum tree which was not in bloom. “Honestly my dad doesn’t even care if I make friends or not. He just wants to feel good about himself like his son is associating with the right sort of people so he turns out “tough and manly.” So are you the right kind of person?”
“Umm… good question.” Ignatius started to climb up the tree and Lachlan followed.
“Well, it wouldn’t be much good anyway. If my dad does approve then I can’t approve because the teenage rebellion is needed. But if my dad doesn’t approve then honestly it’s too much of a pain to do stuff he doesn’t like. Course since they’re in the dining room and not near that window…” he took a pack of c*g*rettes from his pocket, lit one and put it in his mouth. “Want one?”
Ignatius shook his head. If his mom caught either of them sm*king… “Your dad sounds amazing.”
“Oh he is just amazing. We’re going to town hall after this for a special ceremony for him being the best dad ever,” Lachlan said dryly. “Anyways, do you want to get out of here?”
Ignatius hesitated. “I mean… they’re expecting us to stay here..”
“So? Look Isaac-”
“Ignatius.”
“Ignatius. They’re busy talking about Jesus and taxes and how much they hate liberals and whatever. By the time they start caring about us, we can be back. If you’re so worried we’ll even let them know we’re going to go hang out. My dad will be happy I made a friend and I’ll be able to get the (redacted) away from him and he’ll have no reason to be mad.”
Ignatius was pretty sure his mom and Kauri wouldn’t be talking about that. He didn’t say anything about that though, just shook his head. “Nah. I don’t think we need to tell them. Let’s just go. Honestly I kind of want an out too.”
“Saw some hiking trails. We could head over there if you want. There tend to be less people over there and less people is kind of what I want right now.”
“Okay. I can do that,” Ignatius said. They climbed out of the tree and then just started heading down the street. Ignatius lived pretty deep into a neighborhood, so they mostly just took neighborhood streets and a couple busier roads to get to the hiking trails.
“I like animals a lot better than people,” Lachlan said, looking at the large map of the hiking trails that were given.
“My friend Emeric likes animals a lot too,” Ignatius said.
“Cool. I don’t care.” They walked for a while before Lachlan spoke again. “Honestly, you’re not so bad for a person though.”
“Oh no, I’m horrible. I’m a horrible influence.”
“Please,” Lachlan scoffed. “I overheard your dad talking about how like you’re one of the top students in your class and blah blah you love studying. You’re like some poster boy.”
Ignatius tripped on a root, stumbled but didn’t fall. “How do you know I’m not faking it like you? Maybe I’m actually secretly in some gang or selling drugs or something? It would fit the stereotype.”
Lachlan grinned faintly. “I’ve known you less than an hour and I know if you so much as ended up near a gang somebody would be cleaning up your dead body, Nah, you’re a goody two shoes and you like being a goody two shoes.”
“It’s true. I have trophies for being a goody two shoes, actually,” Ignatius said. He and Lachlan laughed for a moment then Lachlan went back to his resting face which was a slight scowl.

weekly 3
eisenhower's matrix and timeblocking schedule, brainstorming studio, (75 words combining all of those but I'm not posting them here cause it's private)
Living in the age of technology can be great for a writer, I mean inspiration for stories everywhere and you can share work with other people and give each other feedback in a matter of seconds, no matter where you are in the world. But spending too much time on the internet, even if it’s for a really cool story, isn't good for you. And let’s be honest, you aren’t just working on your story, are you? You’re scrolling through youtube and social media, you’re researching something that might go into your story 200 pages later. And while none of these things are inherently bad, it’s important to understand how to limit it. And sitting at a desk for so long, you’re going to get sore. It is super important, if you can, to go outside and exercise. Physical exercise may seem daunting at first, but you can start small. Even just a walk can be so helpful. Oftentimes it can clear your mind and maybe make you see your story as more of a whole picture instead of a bunch of bits and pieces. Physical exercise can up your brain’s production of endorphins which make you feel good. Exercising in the sun is really good because sunlight also has a benefit to your mental and physical health. Please note, however, that this is not advice for people with any conditions that prevent them from exercising or being in the sun. Remember to take care of your mind too. While you exercise you could listen to some music to pump you up and make you happy. After exercising, still keep your mind off your story for a little while and read a book for a little while. If you have any deadlines coming up that are stressing you out too much from doing your story, try one of these suggested things to prepare yourself to meet that deadline head on and once that project is done, you will be happy you completed it. Then go work on your story and I bet with all that self-care and getting stressful deadlines out of the way, you’re going to have a great time. Remember, you are amazing and your best will not always look the same.
(ps: sleep at least half an hour more. This note is kind of for me, so it’s not really realistic to tell me to sleep much more lol, but at least focus your time better)
409 words
total 484 words

daily nov 24 tw death of a pet
pronunciation: Oisin (osh-een or O-sheen) Eithne (enya) tiberius (tie-beer-ee-us)
“Tiberius, you were the best dog anyone could ask for. You were my best friend and-” Eithne had written more but she ended up just breaking down in tears. “And I’m just really gonna miss you,” she blubbered. Her older brother Oisin, who was eighteen, hugged her tightly, not saying a word. All of them knew what Tiberius had meant to them.

“Come onnnn Oisin!” Eithne whined, tugging on the sleeve of his rain jacket. “Did you turn ten or seventy-five? Stop being so slow!”
“Hey! You’re the slow one!”
“Prove it. Race me home!” she said, knowing there was no way he would let himself be beat by a seven year old. Of course, he would be beaten by a seven year old cause he was a slowpoke.
They broke off into a run toward their house. Surprisingly Oisin ended up taking the lead but it was clear to Eithne at a certain point that he was getting tired and eventually he came to a sudden stop, nearly falling over from how abrupt it was.
Eithne laughed and ran past him. “Slowpoke.”
“Wait, no, Eithne, I think I see something.”
“That’s just a slowpoke excuse,” she said but her voice was a little unsure. Oisin sounded so serious about this.
She considered running to get the glory of beating Oisin, but there wouldn’t be that much glory in it and her curiosity won out. “Okay let’s go find out what it is.”

Their mom stepped over and put a hand on each of their shoulders. “Do we have all the mementos we want to bury with him?” she asked softly.
“Wait, one more thing,”Oisin said, running back inside. He came back with a photo. “I made a copy of this, I thought we should bury it with him.”
Eithne sniffled and looked at it. It was a photo from when they were kids. Oisin, Eithne, Tiberius, and their little brother Conan all with big smiles.
Mom smiled sadly and reached out to touch Tiberius and Conan’s faces. “I’d forgotten about this.

A gray and brown dog was tangled in some barbed wire. It was bl**ding but alive enough to struggle and whine in pain. Eithne’s eyes widened. “Oh my gosh! Oisin, we have to help him!” She was about to run over but Oisin held her back.
“Wait no, that’s barbed wire and the animal might bite.”
“Well we can’t just leave him,” she protested.
“I know, but we have to be smart. We learned a little about this in school. Uhhhh… I think you have to keep him calm but don’t go close enough so he can bite you and I will call someone.”
“You should call a vet,” Eithne said wisely and he nodded, taking out his phone.
Eithne knelt by the dog. “Hi you. It’s gonna be okay,” she said softly. “You’re a good boy, yes you are. We’re gonna get you out of here.”
“I don’t know the vet’s number. I’m gonna call mom.”
“Okay,” Eithne said and she kept reassuring the dog that everything would be okay. Then she decided to disobey Oisin and carefully reached around the barbed wire to pet the dog. The wire cut her and she bit her lip to keep from crying out otherwise she would get in trouble with Oisin and possibly mom when she came over.
564 words

Last edited by xXFierroOrFalafelXx (Nov. 24, 2022 21:47:35)

gooseful
Scratcher
100+ posts

╔══ ≪ daily one ≫ ══╗

Hey there! I'm Goose, a random person who loves writing, reading and aesthetics. I use she/her pronouns and I have a lot of obsessions. Book-wise, I love the Time Quintet series (A Wrinkle in Time), Shadow and Bone, and Solitaire! I also recently read They Both Die at The End and I'm absolutely in love with it. I'm very much obsessed with Heartstopper – Solitaire is an awesome book, and I love both the graphic novels and the show! Darcy or Nick is probably my favourite character: I like them both equally but for different reasons, haha. I don't often watch that many shows, but my friends are introducing me to anime and I love Friends, Big Bang Theory and How I Met Your Mother! Sitcoms and comedies are definitely my favourite series. I don't watch movies that much, either, but I'd love any book or movie recommendations. I would love to be able to branch out, fandom-wise.

Music! I simply survive through it. My favourite genre is definitely indie pop, and I love artists like Cavetown, girl in red, beabadoobee, and Clairo! My favourite song right now is probably we fell in love in october – I got one of my irl friends to listen to it recently and I'm still so happy from that experience, haha. Another favourite song of mine is Meteor Shower by Cavetown! I love the lyrics and I find it super sweet. I'm also obsessed with The Neighbourhood so please talk to me about them <3 Music is really important to me, and I usually have at least one song in the background while I'm writing or working on schoolwork – I'm currently listening to girls by girl in red.

I also like plants! I've got three in my room right now and I think it's really atmospheric to have them around – it's lovely being able to take care of them and water them. Speaking of taking care of things, I also have two guinea pigs and a dog, who I love a lot! They're so sweet and calm, I love them all so much.

My favourite colour is blue, though I'm in a beige and mint obsessing phase as well! My favourite season is probably winter, but I've really enjoyed all the stunning colours on the trees and in the skies through October: I went out a lot early-morning and late-night and star-gazing is honestly so relaxing, and it really improves my mental health. My favourite subject is probably English, and I'm actually supposed to be doing some schoolwork at the moment but I decided to write this before I do that x)

There isn't much else about me! Writing is a huge passion of mine and it has guided me through so many rough times, and I'm eternally grateful for having that passion. I joined SWC in July of 2021, so this is my fifth session! I can't believe I've done that many already. I'm co-leading Adventure with Katie, Luna and Aura this session, and it's amazing having the chance to work out so many details. I can't wait to talk to everyone more and get to know you guys!

That's the end of my intro, and I'm so excited that the session's started!

(540 words)

Last edited by gooseful (Nov. 2, 2022 20:23:51)

ButterflyWings22
Scratcher
100+ posts

nov 1 daily
psst! want to read my writing? all my writing links are here

Heyooo I’m riley <3 I love writing, reading, drawing, and acting. I have a pet dog and she is just the beestttt <333 but I still want a cat so baddddddd lol. Now onto the authors! my fav author was Liz Kessler for a while because she wrote the Emily Windsnap series and a lot of other fantasy mysteries and i still love her but now my current fav is Gordon Korman. He writes such interesting books :0

Last edited by ButterflyWings22 (Nov. 5, 2022 16:06:55)

-kreatif
Scratcher
27 posts

Hey Campers! I'm Cree from the Mystery Cabin. My favorite authors are probably Raina Telgemeir because I grew up reading her comic books and her art style is absolutely my favorite!! Also in my free time I like to draw with different medias and act in plays and musicals! Goodluck everyone on this session!!
readingCat11
Scratcher
68 posts

Yoohoo! Kat's Writing Links
My personal thread has everything I've written, including last session- if ya wanna go to the first page, here> https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/615560/?page=1#post-6429590

Weeklies:
  1. Week 1: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/post/6729151/
    Week 2: none /3
    Week 3:
    Week 4:

Dailies:
Daily 1: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/post/6710913/
Daily 2: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/post/6713692/
Daily 3: none
Daily 4: none
Daily 5: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/post/6720599/
Daily 6: none
Daily 7: none
Daily 8: none
Daily 9: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/post/6731724/
Daily 10: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/post/6731724/
Daily 11: none
Daily 12: none
Daily 13: none
Daily 14: none
Daily 15: none
Daily 16: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/post/6750931/ gosh i feel so guilty XD
Daily 17: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/post/6753432/
Daily 18: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/post/6758621/
Daily 19:
Daily 20:
Daily 21:
Daily 22:
Daily 23:
Daily 24:
Daily 25:
Daily 26:
Daily 27:
Daily 28:
Daily 29:
Daily 30:
Daily 31:

Glad to be back

Last edited by readingCat11 (Nov. 19, 2022 14:14:47)

Xy_-
Scratcher
39 posts

Claiming! <333
Dailies:
-
-
-
Weeklies:
-
-
-
Cabin Wars:
-
-
-
Other writing:
-
-
-

They/them MOST preferred pronouns to hide my real gender, enjoys making art and stories, reading books, a fan f many fandoms and nature lover

-Xy, have a great day! Also I'm a mouse obsessed scratcher here

Last edited by Xy_- (Nov. 1, 2022 15:33:10)

-Xy, have a great day! I'm a mouse, Pokémon, The Owl House, Amphibia and Warrior Cats obsessed scratcher here
Polarbear_17
Scratcher
500+ posts

Dailies
Daily #5
Daily #6
Daily #8-9

Weeklies
Weekly #1

Last edited by Polarbear_17 (Nov. 9, 2022 20:47:41)

Cynthialz
Scratcher
1000+ posts

01 Introduction

Hello there, Im Celes, a camper of the amazing bizarro fiction (bi-fi) cabin this session! Starting off with a general fact about myself, I use she/they pronouns, and am in the EDT timezone. I have a ton of different hobbies and often find it hard to find a time for everything. I am also a part of way to many fandoms (if that's possible) and could go on and on ranting about them for ages. One of my biggest hobbies and also the source of many of my fandoms is reading. In fact, reading has become more than just a hobby, it's become an addiction.

Some of my favorite authors are Leigh Bardugo, Shannon Messenger, and E. K. Johnston. Leigh Bardugo, the author of the six of crows dulogy and the shadow and bone trilogy. Her writing is ingeniously written and after reading her books I've taken great inspiration from her writing style. Shannon Messenger is the author of one of my favorite book series of all time The Keeper of the Lost Cities series. I started reading KOTLC when I was in fourth grade four years ago. Her books are super well written and the words flow really well. I've also read her other works, The Sky Fall series. E. K. Johnston is an author that helps to quench for thirst for more from the Star Wars franchise by writing books about characters such as Ahsoka and Padme both whom I adore. If that already seems like a lot you have no idea how many others books I have fallen in love with some time in my life let alone fandoms. A few of my other obsession include, Harry Potter, Marvel, The Owl House, Stranger Things, Amphibia, The Lord of the Rings, and more!

Not only am I part of an outrageous amount of fandoms, but I also have to this day growing number of hobbies. Some of my hobbies aside from reading and writing are, playing instruments such as the guitar and recorder. I also play a number of sports like soccer and rugby. I've played soccer for almost ten years now. I also the outdoors and spend a good amount of my days outside either walking or biking. Going back to my love for musical instruments, I've been playing the guitar for almost three years now. I enjoy learning and playing covers of some of my favorite songs. I also love singing, but haven't taken any lessons though I hope to one day improve my singing voice.

Now that you know more about my hobbies and how I spend my days I can tell you more about me as a person. I'm a scorpio (born November 9th) and I think I act much like the stereotypes for a scorpio, but also much different. Aside from some occasional playful teasing I'm defiantly not mean like one of the most well known stereotypes for a scorpio, but actually quite kindhearted. I love doing this for other people as seeing other people happy makes me feel happy as well which I know sounds rather cheesy, but it's genuinely the truth. I can also be a little introverted, but my friends know me as a lively and funny and maybe a little more than slightly chaotic person. I also quite enjoy most aspects of school and would consider myself somewhat smart as I am a straight A's student (though I do believe grades don't necessarily detriment how someone is.)

Now that you know a lot about who I am I can get into my history with scratch writing camp as it has become a pretty big part of my life as well as something I look forwards to throughout the year. This months session is going to be my fifth session of swc so naturally I'm super excited. I've had a lovely time in each and every one of my previous sessions so I know what to expect. My first session of swc was in July 2021 in fairytales. I think my first session was probably one of my favorites because it was the session that introduced me to Scratch Writing Camp. I also had three amazing leaders (Birdi, Elle, and Daisy) that defiantly helped me find my love for swc. My second session of swc was in November, exactly a year ago when I was in the Hi-Fi cabin. My third session in March I was in Sci-Fi as well as my fourth session in July. I'm beyond excited for this session and I already know it's gonna be great!

I'm gonna be honest I'm running out of things to write about, but I'm determined to write over a thousand words as writing over 1k words for the first daily is one of the many traditions in swc some people have. So while I watch Coraline during guitar class I'll go on a random rant about events that have happened recently. Yesterday was Halloween which was absolutely awesome. I dressed up as a plague doctor and got a ton of candy. I managed to get an entire bucket of candy that wasn't chocolate, (which I dislike) so I'm hoping it'll last me a while. A lot of people are surprised when I mention disliking chocolate so I may as well write about a couple more “rare” things about me. I'm left-handed so if any of my other lefties are reading this hello! I also have green eyes which I believe is the rarest eye color. They actually used to be blue, but changed to green a couple of summers ago. The same thing happened with my hair. When I was younger with was super blonde, but as I got older it become closer to brown. Recently it's actually begun to lighten again, but I'm pretty sure that's just because it's damaged lol.

I should probably wrap this up now as I've been going on for a while now. If anyone read this far (or skipped to the last paragraph ahha) I hope you have an amazing rest of your day and a great session! <3

1016 Words

Last edited by Cynthialz (Nov. 1, 2022 15:16:58)

⤿ hey im celes <3

➤ she/they ∘ ambivert ∘ writer ∘ bi ✩

✎ chaotic fangirl┆scorpio┆guitarist ♡

bi-fi swc ftw! <3
forum signature to be changed soon haha <3
scratch_warrior_cat
Scratcher
500+ posts

Introduction (to be formatted later fjadksljfdas) 1152 words

Greetings, dear reader! I’m Wari, and I’m going to attempt the 1 day, 1k challenge. )) So, without further ado, let’s go!

So, I’m not completely sure how to start this and as I am writing it has suddenly occurred to me that although I got the first comment on the SWC megathread, I have forgotten to format it jfasdkljfdaslfdas ah well that’s another mark on the to-do list.

Ok. So.

As I mentioned before, my nickname is Wari, and I use she/her pronouns. Wari is pronounced like the beginning of “Warrior,” which is where the nickname comes from. As my username suggests, I was a huge fan of the Warrior Cats franchise when I made my account, just over four years ago. The series still holds a special place in my heart, but I have started to focus on other fandoms, such as Star Wars, Arcane, and Marvel, as well as way too many book series to count. Fjadsklda

Inserting a paragraph here because I realize I forgot to talk about my favorite author. Sooooooooo I’m afraid this is always a very hard question for me because I love a lot of different books dsfkjldfjasldfas but I generally like books with lots of emotional agony (but not too much), that have action and excitement, but are also down-to-earth, and generally? I just love well-written books, of which there are many. Currently, from a recommendation by Rea (@Willow_Wonderful), I am reading Turtles All the Way Down by John Green. I usually like to hold back judgement about a book before I am done reading it, but so far I am enjoying the book, and find it a very interesting read.

According to D&D moral alignments, I am a neutral good, slightly leaning toward the lawful and neutral sides of the spectrum. My MBTI changes constantly, and I can’t really say if I’m an introvert or extrovert because I keep swapping between the two, but I’d like to say that I’m an ambivert then. ^^ I’m also a Ravenclaw, not a Hufflepuff, no matter what those pesky tests try to tell me. >:[[[[[[ /lh

Some of my interests are coding, writing (of course ), drawing, reading, watching movies, and listening to musicals. Musicals have been a recent interest for me, but they have quickly become a passion. I have watched/listened to Hamilton, Six, Hadestown, Dear Evan Hansen, Come from Away, Wicked, and Heathers, and the Lightning Thief Musical. Of these, my first and favorite continues to be Hamilton, which is why I am very happy about co-leading Script this session. I am proud to say that I have memorized most of the musical, and my favorite song is Non-stop, due to all the different influences and elements from the entire musical into one song. My favorite Six song is Heart of Stone, followed closely by Megasix. As for Hadestown, my favorite song is Is it True, and my favorites from some of the other musicals are Waving Through a Window and Defying Gravity.

As for drawing, the majority of my experience is in drawing cats and landscapes, but a recent (yet passing :sob love has been for drawing lightsabers, and even more recently, since the beginning of October, I have started to learn how to draw people. I still have a long way to go, but I look forward to learning to improve my drawing skills.

I’ve been in and out as a Star Wars fan for a long time, but in July, I decided to do a great Star Wars rewatch of the main movies, some of which I hadn’t watched in years. Somewhere along the way, I took a detour into the incredible realm of Star Wars animated series, and caught up on more recent releases like Obi-Wan Kenobi and the Mandalorian. I’ve been keeping up with Tales of the Jedi and Andor, and am excited for the new Star Wars content that is coming up soon.

Now, I’m not sure what else to talk about myself, and I’ve already written about 680 words (wow), so time to turn to my experience with SWC (with a side detour into another Scratch camp )

I’d known about SWC since July 2021, when I saw Alyelle’s leader app, and filed it away into my mind as a possible source of interest, but every time I looked it up, I was either too early or session had already started and I had doubts about signing up as a backup camper. November 2021 came and went, but once January 2022 rolled around, I decided that I would sign up as a camper this session. So came the stalking of Birdi’s profile and signing up on February 1st UTC. After a month of hype and wondering what cabin I would be sorted into, I finally received the notification from Katie (@majesticmiddleschool at the time but now @always-wriiting) that I was now a Fan-fi camper.

And that session. I still consider it the best session I have ever experienced, from the jaw-dropping storyline, to the beautiful thumbnails and matching pfps, to Luna and Katie’s tireless dedication to the storyline and to us campers, to the timeless rivalry between Fan-fi and Foetry, <3 I know I must have described this session a million times before, and I can keep writing about it a million times more, even though there are no words that can truly capture the wonder I felt during that first session of SWC.

Following such an inspirational first session, I decided to apply as a leader for the July session of SWC, and I am so grateful to the hosts for accepting my application and assigning me as the leader of Fan-fi. That session was challenging as a first-time leader, but it was also a valuable experience as I learned about SWC from the perspective of a leader, rather than as a camper. I know I made a lot of mistakes, and there are things that I would have done differently given another chance, but leading alongside Katie, Hope (@-hopemelodies-), and Willow (@Xx_Hermione_xX) has taught me a lot, and I feel so lucky to have been able to have had that wonderful experience.

Due to a smaller amount of time that I will be able to dedicate to SWC this November, I signed up as a co-leader. It took me a couple of tries to get the right app idea, but I finally settled on a sketchbook design, and was very happy to see Jade’s (@seasiide) offer. I’m super excited to be working with her and Nights (@theniqhtsfall) during November, and can’t wait to see how the cabin that we’ve been planning for more than a month turns out. <3

And, that sums up my 1k (give or take 100 words) intro! Uhhhh I’m terrible at writing conclusions so I’m just going to say this.

ScriptFTW!

Wari out.

Nat_Diva
Scratcher
2 posts

does anyone know how to figure out if you got in, and if so, what cabin?
TWILIGHT_A
Scratcher
500+ posts

1k intro!

Hi, my name is Twilight but people call me Twi, because I want them to. I am very empathetic because I don’t want people to write all the eight letters of ‘Twilight’ but they’re stupid and they still end up doing it. I am the biggest introvert and I hardly ever go outside except when it’s for buying milk or something. I’m very weird at school and it might take me a few months to describe myself, so let’s just skip that part.
I love reading and I know it’s not usual, but I’m reading Harry Potter now and no, I haven’t already read it a few years back. I’m twelve years of age, and I’ll become a teenager next year and then I’ll flex >. I study in 7th grade and believe me, our homeroom teacher just sucks- I could go on for an hour about how horrible she is, but let’s not get to that.
I also love writing and I’ve been writing since I was eight. I’ve written lots of (unfinished) stories and (finished) poems. I like giving people character advice although I’m not sure I can give myself advice and actually follow it. My favorite color is pastel violet and I just love love love aesthetics. I have a youtube channel that you’re never ever going to find because it’s not popular at all.
My favorite subject is English (literature especially) because it’s so easy and also because I love reading. I’m a fantasy, horror and poetry sort of person and these are some of the genres I’m best it, even though I think my real-fi writing is not bad too.
I live in IST timezone but I’m not really a big fan of India, even though lots of people want to learn Hindi. I can speak Hindi, English and some French.
Bonjour! Je m’appelle Twilight.
Anyway, I like colouring and digital art, even though I really suck at it. I also love screaming. Let me give you an example.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
I also love it when people hit each other (just don’t hit me) and ARSON!!! (I didn’t commit any arson last session but I’m SO doing it this time. Be prepared for Arson the God.)
I’m a Libra (THE Libra XD) and my birthday falls on 27th September! I absolutely love watching animes and Beluga (the funny cat) and I’m TOTALLY not a fan of collecting diaries and writing nothing whatsoever in them *nervous laugh*.
I am a big big fan of English music, French music, Spanish music, and Japanese music. I have a Spotify playlist is almost 34 hours and growing, even though I don’t even have 34 hours to spare, but I still keep them anyway and only the Arson God knows why.
I like making stuff on Canva, be it videos or posters or thumbnails or whatsoever required. I like making collages and videos mostly, but my thumbnails also work out fine. I also loooooove Pinterest and my account on it is kind of overloading with pins. No matter where I go, I can’t get any followers, but that’s totally out of the point.
Oh, and I’m also learning German on Duolingo. I mean, I was, until Duolingo started being boring.
I like cats but I’m scared of going too near one. But that’s because I have Zoophobia and I’m scared of all animals. Insects seriously aren’t scary. My biggest fear is dogs, and even though most people love them, I don’t, because even a little ball of fluff can make me freak out like crazy. Lizards ALSO scare the life out of me, and so do frogs, and so on.
My favourite ice cream flavor is choco chip and I love pizza. I also love rasgullas and kachoris and laddus, along with….MANGOES!! THE ALL-TIME FAVORITE MANGOES!
The sweet and juicy mangoes, oh how we all love them—
Also, summer > winter XD.
I love singing and I usually sing English songs, it’s so fun! I’ve got a pretty much OK voice, but it’s the passion that matters!
I’ll grow up to become a software engineer, probably. (I mean, if I try, of course, which I most certainly do not, but whatever.) My secret ambition is a writer, though!
Ok, so let’s get to my favorite books. I have a lot of books that I like, all because I choose my books wisely. I love the Harry Potter series and J.K Rowling writes so well! With each book it gets better!
I also like Agatha Christie her mysteries just sweep me on my feet. It all feels so real that I almost forget I’m not actually there. Her books always have a plot twist and I love them. I also love Kelly Barnhill. Her book ‘The Girl Who Drank the Moon’ is one of my favorite books and I got really absorbed in the writing style. Markus Zusak is also a great author and I really loved his book The Book Thief.
I also read my mom’s book ‘Ikigai’ and it had some really great tips on how to increase longetivity but I’m not going to stop eating my pizza as of yet .
I also read the first part of the Selection and it was not bad, even if I was not much impressed by it. Maybe for an older audience it would be better.
I also like Nancy Drew! Super fun mysteries to read and I love how Nancy figures everything out! She’s a super cool detective!
This will be my third session of SWC and I had a lot of fun each and every time I joined! It boosted my word count by quite a lot and helped me make a lot of new friends! I also learned different styles of writing and how to write them!
Hoping to be able to join in the fun of SWC and have a fun filled session like always, meet new people and learn new things! Happy SWC (with mangoes of course!)

you're on your own kid, you always have been.

swc camper, #scififtw
coolgirl100-
Scratcher
100+ posts

₊❏❜ ⋮Tiger's SWC Writing Contents⌒ (ooh ahh aesthetic =D)

Dailies:
1st of November: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/638246/?page=5#post-6711319
2nd of November: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/638246/?page=8#post-6713991
3rd of November: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/638246/?page=12#post-6716134
4th of November: Skipped.
5th of November: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/638246/?page=18#post-6720158
6th of November: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/638246/?page=21#post-6723494
7th of November: Three-word stories.
8-9th of November: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/638246/?page=27#post-6731760
10th of November: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/638246/?page=29#post-6734740
11th of November: Skipped.
12th of November: Cabin Wars.
13-14th of November: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/638246/?page=32#post-6742645
15th of November: Chaos stuff :jazz hands: /hj
16th of November: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/638246/?page=34#post-6751626
17th of November: Skipped.
18th of November: Critiquaire day.
19th of November: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/638246/?page=38#post-6758617
20th of November: Roleplay Day!
21st of November: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/638246/?page=41#post-6764237
22nd of November: skipped.
23rd of November: Book synopsis making.
24th of November: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/638246/?page=46#post-6770334
25th of November: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/638246/?page=47#post-6772271
26th of November: Cabin Wars!
27th of November: skipped.
28-29th of November: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/638246/?page=50#post-6782693
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Weeklies:
Weekly 1: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/638246/?page=13#post-6716312
Weekly 2: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/638246/?page=29#post-6735380 (unfinished)
Weekly 3: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/638246/?page=39#post-6759278
Weekly 4: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/638246/?page=45#post-6768569 (unfinished)

Word Wars:
Word War 1: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/638246/?page=23#post-6726273 (won)
Word War 2: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/638246/?page=23#post-6726529 (won)

Mailies and Meeklies:
Maily 2: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/638246/?page=13#post-6716177
Meekly 1: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/638246/?page=25#post-6729238
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Writing Competition Entry:
https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/638246/?page=33#post-6749206

Miscellaneous:
Ghost’s Orders 5: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/638246/?page=31#post-6740512
Cabin War thing: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/638246/?page=31#post-6740676
Critique thing: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/638246/?page=39#post-6759706

Last edited by coolgirl100- (Feb. 22, 2023 17:59:45)

Lolll what a scrumdiddlyumptious signature
Starry_Animations
Scratcher
36 posts

Starry's Writing Log

You find a dusty old book on a shelf. You have never seen anything like it before, so you pick it up. It's very thick and heavy, and after you blow off all the dust and take a good look at the cover, you notice that the green cover has gold letters on it: STARRY'S WRITING - NOVEMBER 2022. You open to the first page and begin reading . . .

Dailies

November 1: Complete
November 2: WIP

Weeklies

Weekly 1:

Word Wars

Cabin Wars

Writing Competition

Other

You finally close the book. Glancing at the clock on the wall, you notice something strange: The time is earlier than when you first started. Leaving the room, you bump into a calendar. You've been in that room, reading that book for a month!

Last edited by Starry_Animations (Nov. 2, 2022 12:55:42)