Discuss Scratch

• Discussion Forums
  • » Collaboration
  • » Kokoro Beats | Soundwave Productions | Hiring Coders, Artists, Designers, Voice Actors, Composers, Singers!! | An RPG-Rhythm Game [RSS Feed]
-YourLocalPhantom-
Scratcher
500+ posts

Kokoro Beats | Soundwave Productions | Hiring Coders, Artists, Designers, Voice Actors, Composers, Singers!! | An RPG-Rhythm Game

BlauHourglass wrote:

-YourLocalPhantom- wrote:

Is there any coding I can do? I’m really bored right now, if there’s nothing that needs to be done I’m gonna go start working on a personal project.
You said that you were working on the terrain tiling engine. Is that completed?
I was supposed to work on the with Malicondi, he/she/they/“whatever other pronouns there are” said “insert pronouns here” can do collisions and I shared the base scrolling engine, didn’t hear anything from “insert pronouns here” ever since

Last edited by -YourLocalPhantom- (April 27, 2024 20:37:26)

Your eyes are open
So never close them
You’ll sail the ocean
Finding where you should be
And if you’re broken
You’ll make your own thing
You’ll make it so big
For all the world to see
BlauHourglass
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Kokoro Beats | Soundwave Productions | Hiring Coders, Artists, Designers, Voice Actors, Composers, Singers!! | An RPG-Rhythm Game

BlauHourglass wrote:

Is there any coding I can do? I’m really bored right now, if there’s nothing that needs to be done I’m gonna go start working on a personal project.
You said that you were working on the terrain tiling engine. Is that completed?
I was supposed to work on the with Malicondi, he/she/they/“whatever other pronouns there are” said “insert pronouns here” can do collisions and I shared the base scrolling engine, didn’t hear anything from “insert pronouns here” ever since
He. Have you followed up?

。 ゚。⋆☾ Did I ask? ☽ ⋆。 ゚☁︎。 ⋆。 ゚☾ The ending that we get will be happy, I'm sure…! ☽ ⋆。 ゚☁︎。 ⋆。 ゚☾ If everyone were smart, no one would be. ☽ ⋆。 ゚。
——
Retired founder of Soundwave Productions click me, fufu~
Co-owner of The Glow Shop click me, fufu~
Co-owner of Ville de L'Art click me, fufu~
——
ı|ı|ı Script SWC July '24 ı|ı|ı
♕ Classical SSC May '24 ♕
⸙ Epistolary SWC March '24 ⸙
-YourLocalPhantom-
Scratcher
500+ posts

BlauHourglass wrote:

Have you followed up?
Still learning English so not entirely sure what that means, but…
Have I followed up, like did my part? No, I’m 99% sure Malicindi didn’t do his part yet, and I don’t wanna do my part until he finishes his because putting together two projects into one can be really messy

Your eyes are open
So never close them
You’ll sail the ocean
Finding where you should be
And if you’re broken
You’ll make your own thing
You’ll make it so big
For all the world to see
BlauHourglass
Scratcher
1000+ posts

BlauHourglass wrote:

Have you followed up?
Still learning English so not entirely sure what that means, but…
Have I followed up, like did my part? No, I’m 99% sure Malicindi didn’t do his part yet, and I don’t wanna do my part until he finishes his because putting together two projects into one can be really messy
Oh, my bad. Have you contacted him again to see where he is in terms of his progress? That's basically what it means to “follow up” on someone. In most cases.

I see. Well, go ahead and contact him then to ensure transparency.

。 ゚。⋆☾ Did I ask? ☽ ⋆。 ゚☁︎。 ⋆。 ゚☾ The ending that we get will be happy, I'm sure…! ☽ ⋆。 ゚☁︎。 ⋆。 ゚☾ If everyone were smart, no one would be. ☽ ⋆。 ゚。
——
——
oofygirl
Scratcher
100+ posts

some other person wrote:

some sick person wrote:

Hey guys! Guess what! I'm siccckkkkk!
So still no singing for you, and also no more anything elseeee for a while! TvT
Haha
wowwwww- anyways lemme catch up on the two pages i missed-

ʜɪɢʜʟɪɢʜᴛ, ꜱʜɪꜰᴛ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴀʀʀᴏᴡ ᴋᴇʏ ᴛᴏ ꜱᴄʀᴏʟʟ ᴅᴏᴡɴ!
Temporary manager of Stories From Space!
ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ᴀꜱᴄᴇɴᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ʜɪɢʜʟᴀɴᴅꜱ? https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/34558504/
ᴅᴀʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ ɪɴᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀᴡᴏʀʟᴅ? https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/34046303/
ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴇʟᴘ ᴍᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍʏ ꜱᴏɴɢ ᴘʀᴏᴊᴇᴄᴛ?
ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴀʀᴛ ꜱʜᴏᴘ
ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ᴏꜰ ✦ ✦ ᴜʀʙᴀɴᴇ ᴀʀᴛ ​✦ ✦ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴋᴏᴋᴏʀᴏ ʙᴇᴀᴛꜱ ᴅᴇᴠᴇʟᴏᴘᴍᴇɴᴛ ᴛᴇᴀᴍ
ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ꜱᴇᴇ ʙᴏᴛʜ ꜱɪᴅᴇꜱ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴛᴏʀʏ ʙᴇꜰᴏʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀꜱꜱᴜᴍᴇ.
I LOVE YEWWWWWWW

Support the suggestion HERE by adding this button to your signature
BlauHourglass
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bumping announcements…
Announcements:
Activity Checks / Member Activities
Admin Announcements
Miscellaneous Announcements
Voting Announcements
————————————————————

Schedule Transparency - Due May 1, Wednesday, 11:59 PM UTC:
I need everyone to tell me their days that they are able to spend at least 20 minutes on Soundwave Productions.
  • This is so that I can institute daily/bidaily/weekly stand ups for transparency and better communication.
  • Failure to communicate to me your schedule by Wednesday will end with a single strike dealt to you.
  • The “day” time period of which I am talking about is 7 AM to 9 PM your time. Not UTC.
  • Respond to me on my profile.
If you are somehow unable to spend even 20 minutes straight, let me know also. I'll think of something for you. If you have questions about what daily stand ups are, watch this video: Youtube Link to Scrum Daily Stand Ups Explained.
————————————————————

Academy Name Voting - Closed On April 28, Sunday, 11:59 PM UTC:
The results will be out shortly…

——
——
oofygirl
Scratcher
100+ posts

hey Blau- I can't comment on profiles right now! So I'll do the when I'm active thing on Cliq!

ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ᴀꜱᴄᴇɴᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ʜɪɢʜʟᴀɴᴅꜱ? https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/34558504/
ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴀʀᴛ ꜱʜᴏᴘ
I LOVE YEWWWWWWW

Ahsoka10
Scratcher
97 posts

Just so everyone is aware: I don't have access to my quality microphone until Thursday, May 3rd, so I will not be able to record anything until then. I'm still here is you need a singer tho, I'll just use these days to practice~!
when [ ME v] key pressed
forever
broadcast [BAD WIFI v]
end

Last edited by Ahsoka10 (April 29, 2024 14:06:13)

Whatcha see is whatchu get! Just a guy who loves adventure!!!!

⁺₊⋆ ♬ About Me ~ https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/776068637/ ♬ ⁺₊⋆

⁺₊⋆ ♬ For Cool Aesthetics ~ @Ashla10 ♬ ⁺₊⋆

BlauHourglass
Scratcher
1000+ posts

oofygirl wrote:

hey Blau- I can't comment on profiles right now! So I'll do the when I'm active thing on Cliq!
Yeah, that's fine. Scratch was bugging on me too so I turned on my VPN to Montreal .

Ahsoka10 wrote:

Just so everyone is aware: I don't have access to my quality microphone until Thursday, May 3rd, so I will not be able to record anything until then. I'm still here is you need a singer tho, I'll just use these days to practice~!
when [ ME v] key pressed
forever
broadcast [BAD WIFI v]
end
Alrighty, that's okay. Thanks for letting us know.

——
——
Cotton_Scratch
Scratcher
100+ posts

I'm working on a couple personal projects, so I won't be as active, but I'll do a few more hairstyles then take a break from those. I'll still be online and checking things out very often, just not really replying.

Hello! I am Cotton_Scratch but I go by Cotton, I use all pronouns but I prefer She/Her. I am as3xual and possibly lesbian, but I'm not sure. I LOVE warrior cats and Wings of Fire. Thank you for reading, have a good day!

Join my collab(s)!
Cat-Gen (Temporarily on hold-will be reopened within the next 6 months)
Stories From Space

Join my RP! (Please, I'm kinda desperate):
Orbital Residence

Collabs I'm apart of:
Kokoro Beats
Screviews
gomongemu
Scratcher
100+ posts

-GaIaxy_cat- wrote:

Builder_53_Studios wrote:

Hey guys!

New music/voice acting/singing manager here! I'm getting a list of music genres to compile. I'm trying to lump them into categories! Right now I have Pop, Asian Pop (J-pop/K-pop), electronic, classical down so far as locks. Suggest more genres here or in the mural!
Do you think we could get a song or 2 that focuses on mental illnesses?
*I feel like representation for basically anything will let people know they aren’t alone. It can be really hard to deal with these types of things, and I believe that everyone deserves someone to help out. <3*
I feel like there should also be disabled people in the game, like maybe they would be in a wheelchair

define You
forever
Awesome :)
end
depresso-boiyo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

gomongemu wrote:

I feel like there should also be disabled people in the game, like maybe they would be in a wheelchair
we could also put people with unique skin colorations in the game as well. I cant remember what its called but it looks so cool

TGS banner made by co0lcr34t10ns
BlauHourglass
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Cotton_Scratch wrote:

I'm working on a couple personal projects, so I won't be as active, but I'll do a few more hairstyles then take a break from those. I'll still be online and checking things out very often, just not really replying.
Okay. Thanks for letting us know.

——
——
Builder_53_Studios
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ok before i clear up anything, need to make a couple of announcements
The Winner for Academy name is… Kokoro Fine Arts Academy!
This will be added into the lore, since the deadline passed (yesterday)
Let's go KFAA!
Song Genre Selection!
So far, we have settled on a couple genres as “Definite locks.” We have electronic music (will be a big group, can include subgenres such as dubstep, house, EDM, future bass, kawaii future bass, artcore, and all the other variants that I'm too lazy to write down, Pop music, Asian Pop (J/K-pop), Classical, and Project Sekai songs as cameos/extras!

Suggestions include: Trap/rap, hip-hop, ballad, jazz, Cinematic/Orchestral, RB&B, and folk. Vote on these, and also suggest more genres!
Tutorial Song still needs singers!
The instrumental is pretty much done. I still need another girl singer for the girl main character, and a singer for the boy main character.
Check out the project here for the demo vocals. You would be singing the second person's lyrics (you'll know when you hear it). Send a message to either me (composer and sound manager) or Blau Hourglass with some demo vocals if you're down to sing for the tutorial song!
Requirements:
- Can sing
- Respective gender (girls for the girl MC, boys for the boy MC)
- Great attitude and ready to adapt!
- For boy MC, a deep voice is preferred. (I have a deep voice but I cannot for the life of me sing)

———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————-
Hey, I'm Builder_53_Studios, composer for fun! I'm an (ex) manager for The Piano Shop, which you should totally check out if you need music, and a composer for Kokoro Beats, an upcoming rhythm game inspired by Project Sekai!

I used to animate with Mine-imator, but I've stopped and focused more on composing.
I compose various styles, including:

- Video Game music
- Cinematic/Epic Orchestral Music
- Electronic Music
- Friday Night Funkin Music (haven't done it in a very long time)
- Unique rock style that is a mix of J-rock and regular rock and synths and cool stuff

Need music? Hit me up!
I think part of the reason I still compose is because I really enjoy it. Music composition has instilled a passion inside of me, which so far hasn't died yet. I've wanted to compose for an actual game (that doesn't get discontinued) for a while, so if you are creating a game that you'll dedicate and not scrap it, I'd love to help out!

I suggest you listen to some of my music before asking me to compose for you. I feel like I have a specific style that I don't know if everyone likes. Listen and see if I would fit for your game!
depresso-boiyo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Builder_53_Studios wrote:

Tutorial Song still needs singers!
The instrumental is pretty much done. I still need another girl singer for the girl main character, and a singer for the boy main character.
Check out the project here for the demo vocals. You would be singing the second person's lyrics (you'll know when you hear it). Send a message to either me (composer and sound manager) or Blau Hourglass with some demo vocals if you're down to sing for the tutorial song!
Requirements:
- Can sing
- Respective gender (girls for the girl MC, boys for the boy MC)
- Great attitude and ready to adapt!
- For boy MC, a deep voice is preferred. (I have a deep voice but I cannot for the life of me sing)
ughhhhh I'd do it for the girl (I know my profile says he/him but I'm trans so genetically I'm a girl.) but I just don't have the right equipment

TGS banner made by co0lcr34t10ns
oofygirl
Scratcher
100+ posts

GUYS I HAVE AN IDEA
so maybe the player can use a music box tune as their background music-
as in, when a song is unlocked, the music box tune is added to the bgm library

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴀʀᴛ ꜱʜᴏᴘ
I LOVE YEWWWWWWW

Builder_53_Studios
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Quotes are still broken for some reason…

“I feel like there should also be disabled people in the game, like maybe they would be in a wheelchair”
- gomongemu
We'll add that to our Ideas list. You raise a proper point. We want to also make sure that the game isn't completely focused and about disabled people though. Not that “oHhHh BuIlDeR sAiD dIsAbLeD pEoPlE aReN't ImPoRtAnT.” This game is a game focused on the MC learning music at the (now named) KFAA. Yes, there will be a diverse set of characters, but it's not going to exclusively cast disabled characters.
But support for them! The music industry is an evil place, good for them for pushing through and doing what they love!
“we could also put people with unique skin colorations in the game as well. I cant remember what its called but it looks so cool”
- depresso-boiyo
Also a great idea! Definitely adding to the Ideas list. Same things apply for the top comment. Yes for inclusivity, no to making the game exclusively about it.
It's a rhythm game!

Hoping I can clear things up

Hey, I'm Builder_53_Studios, composer for fun! I'm an (ex) manager for The Piano Shop, which you should totally check out if you need music, and a composer for Kokoro Beats, an upcoming rhythm game inspired by Project Sekai!

I used to animate with Mine-imator, but I've stopped and focused more on composing.

- Video Game music
- Electronic Music
- Unique rock style that is a mix of J-rock and regular rock and synths and cool stuff

Need music? Hit me up!
I think part of the reason I still compose is because I really enjoy it. Music composition has instilled a passion inside of me, which so far hasn't died yet. I've wanted to compose for an actual game (that doesn't get discontinued) for a while, so if you are creating a game that you'll dedicate and not scrap it, I'd love to help out!

I suggest you listen to some of my music before asking me to compose for you. I feel like I have a specific style that I don't know if everyone likes. Listen and see if I would fit for your game!
Builder_53_Studios
Scratcher
1000+ posts

“GUYS I HAVE AN IDEA
so maybe the player can use a music box tune as their background music-
as in, when a song is unlocked, the music box tune is added to the bgm library”
- oofygirl

I absolutely LOVE this idea! What's even better, is that I have an absolutely BEAUTIFUL music box plugin at the ready! Tell me more! I'm interested! If we can settle out the details, then I'd love to bring this up to Blau and implement it into the game!

- Video Game music
- Electronic Music

Need music? Hit me up!

oofygirl
Scratcher
100+ posts

replying to Potang-
basically, we get the midi files for each song-
and import them to a music box program.
Then, at the “end-day recap” or whatever, it unlocks them, and you have the option to immediately start playing it during the day. in the pause menu, though, the bgm can also be changed. maybe each student can have a theme too, when you first meet them?

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴀʀᴛ ꜱʜᴏᴘ
I LOVE YEWWWWWWW

Builder_53_Studios
Scratcher
1000+ posts

replying to oofygirl

say no more. i love the idea. bringing this straight up to the management team

- Video Game music
- Electronic Music

Need music? Hit me up!

• Discussion Forums
  • » Collaboration
  • » Kokoro Beats | Soundwave Productions | Hiring Coders, Artists, Designers, Voice Actors, Composers, Singers!! | An RPG-Rhythm Game [RSS Feed]