Discuss Scratch

• Discussion Forums
  • » Collaboration
  • » Kokoro Beats | Soundwave Productions | Hiring Coders, Artists, Designers, Voice Actors, Composers, Singers!! | An RPG-Rhythm Game [RSS Feed]
Jareddddddd
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Kokoro Beats | Soundwave Productions | Hiring Coders, Artists, Designers, Voice Actors, Composers, Singers!! | An RPG-Rhythm Game

king!

oofygirl wrote:

replying to Potang-
basically, we get the midi files for each song-
and import them to a music box program.
Then, at the “end-day recap” or whatever, it unlocks them, and you have the option to immediately start playing it during the day. in the pause menu, though, the bgm can also be changed. maybe each student can have a theme too, when you first meet them?
are you actually planning to import a midi as txt or a audio file? if txt, then i could maybe work on a midi interpreter?
(i would also need some samples)

BlauHourglass wrote:

yada yada something about tile engine

im gonna be honest i can do this in like a few days if you guys need. its pretty simple.

Last edited by Jareddddddd (April 30, 2024 14:38:22)

BlauHourglass
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Kokoro Beats | Soundwave Productions | Hiring Coders, Artists, Designers, Voice Actors, Composers, Singers!! | An RPG-Rhythm Game

Jareddddddd wrote:

BlauHourglass wrote:

im gonna be honest i can do this in like a few days if you guys need. its pretty simple.
RIP my quote xD.
Talk it over with Phantom and Malicondi. They were the ones who were on it anyways.

BlauHourglass
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bumping announcements…
Announcements:
Activity Checks / Member Activities
Admin Announcements
Miscellaneous Announcements
Voting Announcements
————————————————————

Schedule Transparency - Due May 1, Wednesday, 11:59 PM UTC:
I need everyone to tell me their days that they are able to spend at least 20 minutes on Soundwave Productions, hours specified. If you did not share your timezone previously, share it now or else compare to the EST timezone.
  • This is so that I can institute daily/bidaily/weekly stand ups for transparency and better communication.
  • Failure to communicate to me your schedule by Wednesday will end with a single strike dealt to you.
  • The “day” time period of which I am talking about is 7 AM to 9 PM your time. Not UTC. If you are uncomfortable sharing your timezone, compare it to the EST timezone 7 AM to 9 PM.
  • Respond to me on my profile.
If you are somehow unable to spend even 20 minutes straight, let me know also. I'll think of something for you. If you have questions about what daily stand ups are, watch this video: Youtube Link to Scrum Daily Stand Ups Explained.

oofygirl
Scratcher
100+ posts

Jareddddddd wrote:

are you actually planning to import a midi as txt or a audio file? if txt, then i could maybe work on a midi interpreter?
I'm pretty sure we would have them as audio
because I'm pretty sure you can only import midi files as audio on different things
also do the forums look like… really bare, not-visual-stuff for anyone else?
edit: nvm its better

Last edited by oofygirl (April 30, 2024 14:50:29)

ʜɪɢʜʟɪɢʜᴛ, ꜱʜɪꜰᴛ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴀʀʀᴏᴡ ᴋᴇʏ ᴛᴏ ꜱᴄʀᴏʟʟ ᴅᴏᴡɴ!
Temporary manager of Stories From Space!
ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ᴀꜱᴄᴇɴᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ʜɪɢʜʟᴀɴᴅꜱ? https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/34558504/
ᴅᴀʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ ɪɴᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀᴡᴏʀʟᴅ? https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/34046303/
ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴇʟᴘ ᴍᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍʏ ꜱᴏɴɢ ᴘʀᴏᴊᴇᴄᴛ?
ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴀʀᴛ ꜱʜᴏᴘ
ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ᴏꜰ ✦ ✦ ᴜʀʙᴀɴᴇ ᴀʀᴛ ​✦ ✦ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴋᴏᴋᴏʀᴏ ʙᴇᴀᴛꜱ ᴅᴇᴠᴇʟᴏᴘᴍᴇɴᴛ ᴛᴇᴀᴍ
ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ꜱᴇᴇ ʙᴏᴛʜ ꜱɪᴅᴇꜱ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴛᴏʀʏ ʙᴇꜰᴏʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀꜱꜱᴜᴍᴇ.
I LOVE YEWWWWWWW

Support the suggestion HERE by adding this button to your signature
Builder_53_Studios
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Jareddddddd wrote:

i didnt know that you can convert midi to txt files! i was thinking it would be in standard midi form, but midi interpreter would be fine. i could do it myself if no one else offered (cause i have fl studio cool plugin lol) but you can do it if you want

BlauHourglass wrote:

Bumping announcements…
Alr, usually I can do 10:30 AM-2:00 PM

———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————-
Hey, I'm Builder_53_Studios, composer for fun! I'm an (ex) manager for The Piano Shop, which you should totally check out if you need music, and Kokoro Beats, an upcoming rhythm game inspired by Project Sekai!

I used to animate with Mine-imator, but I've stopped and focused more on composing.
I compose various styles, including:

- Video Game music
- Cinematic/Epic Orchestral Music
- Electronic Music
- Friday Night Funkin Music (haven't done it in a very long time)
- 8 bit music (i gotta try this)
- J-pop (Going to try out soon)

Need music? Hit me up!
I think part of the reason I still compose is because I really enjoy it. Music composition has instilled a passion inside of me, which so far hasn't died yet. I've wanted to compose for an actual game (that doesn't get discontinued) for a while, so if you are creating a game that you'll dedicate and not scrap it, I'd love to help out!

I suggest you listen to some of my music before asking me to compose for you. I feel like I have a specific style that I don't know if everyone likes. Listen and see if I would fit for your game!
BlauHourglass
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Also, I need the story writers on Mural ASAP. The Story Writing Mural, to be specific. We're gonna start going through. I need to go prep lunch in a bit, but for now I'm at your disposals.

Ahsoka10
Scratcher
90 posts

Builder_53_Studios wrote:

ok before i clear up anything, need to make a couple of announcements
The Winner for Academy name is… Kokoro Fine Arts Academy!
This will be added into the lore, since the deadline passed (yesterday)
Let's go KFAA!

YAY MY VOTE WON >X000000

Song Genre Selection!
So far, we have settled on a couple genres as “Definite locks.” We have electronic music (will be a big group, can include subgenres such as dubstep, house, EDM, future bass, kawaii future bass, artcore, and all the other variants that I'm too lazy to write down, Pop music, Asian Pop (J/K-pop), Classical, and Project Sekai songs as cameos/extras!

Suggestions include: Trap/rap, hip-hop, ballad, jazz, Cinematic/Orchestral, RB&B, and folk. Vote on these, and also suggest more genres!

Ah yes, Rhythm Blues & Blues *nods*

Whatcha see is whatchu get! Just a guy who loves adventure!!!!

❀ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ♬ Call me A10 ♬ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ❀

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/776068637/

-YourLocalPhantom-
Scratcher
500+ posts

Jareddddddd wrote:

BlauHourglass wrote:

Yeah it is really simple. I’ve got a base, 100% stamp engine already shared, and Malicondi said he could make the collision engine. I have to ask him how it’s going because after he finishes I still need to add a few things to the engine, but yeah, the tile engine is already in progress.

Does my PFP have enough glow and bright light?
Jareddddddd
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-YourLocalPhantom- wrote:

Yeah it is really simple. I’ve got a base, 100% stamp engine already shared, and Malicondi said he could make the collision engine. I have to ask him how it’s going because after he finishes I still need to add a few things to the engine, but yeah, the tile engine is already in progress.
okie dokie lemme know if you need help
Jareddddddd
Scratcher
1000+ posts

BlauHourglass wrote:

Bumping announcements…
I can do 4.30pm - 9.00pm est most weekdays
i do have ap exams and work most of this and next week, so I may be ooc sometimes

Last edited by Jareddddddd (April 30, 2024 15:42:51)

-The_Destroyer-
Scratcher
100+ posts

BlauHourglass wrote:

Also, I need the story writers on Mural ASAP. The Story Writing Mural, to be specific. We're gonna start going through. I need to go prep lunch in a bit, but for now I'm at your disposals.
I’ll try to be there in a bit

I'm working on this signature-

||-The Glow Shop-||

||Kokoro Beats||
JACOB_PONCE-
Scratcher
50 posts

Role: Musician
Activity Level: 1 hour on weekdays 2+ hours on weekends
Coding Level: 5/10
Art Level: 4/10
Music Level: 7/10
Are You Following The Topic? Yes
Do You Have Access To: Mural, Magma, Github, and Cliq? As of me writing this I only have a GitHub account.
Are You Familiar With Kanban, Scrum, and Agile? No.
Are You Ready To Be Denied? Yes.
Have You Read The Strike System? I have read it.
Any Background Playing/Making Rhythm Games? Currently i am making a rhythm game with 2 friends, im also a big fan of osu.
Examples of Your Work: https://youtu.be/Vm9ET5eP0DY <song
Extra: I've been making music for around 3.5 years (most of my music not being on YouTube) but I mostly specialize in EDM and alt rock.

Hi! I'm just some random person who has been making music for like 4 years, if you like to hear one of my songs here! > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-o_Y7UTnDlE

set [songs made] to [52]
rensmusicandart
Scratcher
43 posts

Hello, just a quick question, what kind of voice should I be going for in my examples? I can do soft, normal, pop, emotional, etc… I can also sing in Japanese, but idk if this project would have that. I'd do them all, but I can get the examples here quicker if I narrow it down
BlauHourglass
Scratcher
1000+ posts

rensmusicandart wrote:

Hello, just a quick question, what kind of voice should I be going for in my examples? I can do soft, normal, pop, emotional, etc… I can also sing in Japanese, but idk if this project would have that. I'd do them all, but I can get the examples here quicker if I narrow it down
Hi! I'd like to see a broad range of examples, so all that you listed would be great. However, since they're a lot, make the singing shorter and do keep in regular voice lines.

moneeman
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hey guys tomorrows May 1st so i will disappear but before i go I got one more song!!! Heres the link. please give feedback. Ill try to bring them over to scratch as soon as possible. I feel like it can be used as pause menu music or when you are like in a shop. its called “It's Up To You!” while your there take a peek at te other tracks ive posted recently i plan on trying to use most of them in the game if possible so check out my catalog

Last edited by moneeman (April 30, 2024 17:17:17)

I do music
I am currently Composing for a Rhythm game called Kokoro Beats. Check it out!
Builder_53_Studios
Scratcher
1000+ posts

JACOB_PONCE- wrote:

Do You Have Access To: Mural, Magma, Github, and Cliq? As of me writing this I only have a GitHub account.
Any Background Playing/Making Rhythm Games? Currently i am making a rhythm game with 2 friends, im also a big fan of osu.
Extra: I've been making music for around 3.5 years (most of my music not being on YouTube) but I mostly specialize in EDM and alt rock.

Bumping you to the head manager Blau

rensmusicandart wrote:

We'll probably use all of those in different times. Right now, we're working on the tutorial song vocals. You can take a look at it here to see the style. But there will be many more songs that will have different vocal styles.

Hey, I'm Builder_53_Studios, composer for fun! I'm an (ex) manager for The Piano Shop, which you should totally check out if you need music, and Kokoro Beats, an upcoming rhythm game inspired by Project Sekai!

I used to animate with Mine-imator, but I've stopped and focused more on composing.

- Video Game music
- Electronic Music

Need music? Hit me up!
I think part of the reason I still compose is because I really enjoy it. Music composition has instilled a passion inside of me, which so far hasn't died yet. I've wanted to compose for an actual game (that doesn't get discontinued) for a while, so if you are creating a game that you'll dedicate and not scrap it, I'd love to help out!

I suggest you listen to some of my music before asking me to compose for you. I feel like I have a specific style that I don't know if everyone likes. Listen and see if I would fit for your game!
Builder_53_Studios
Scratcher
1000+ posts

moneeman wrote:

Hey guys tomorrows May 1st so i will disappear but before i go I got one more song!!! heres the link. please give feedback. Ill try to bring them over to scratch as soon as possible. I feel like it can be used as pause menu music or when you are like in a shop. its called “It's Up To You!” while your there take a peek at te other tracks ive posted recently i plan on trying to use most of them in the game if possible so check out my catalog

Soundation.com/user/MMN

noted, will take a look later bc i gotta do tutoring session

- Video Game music
- Electronic Music

Need music? Hit me up!

BlauHourglass
Scratcher
1000+ posts

JACOB_PONCE- wrote:

Hired! Please check yourself in on Mural, Cliq, and Magma. The links for the first and last are in the designing thread, and the steps for Cliq in Mural. Also please fill out your information in the goo gel docs. The link is also in the designing thread if you quote the OP. Thanks!

Builder_53_Studios
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ATTENTION ALL

Regarding the music box idea…
It's been accepted! So, without further ado…

We need help deciding what music box to use! Take a listen to all 4 choices here and leave your personal opinion in the comments!

Thanks!

- Video Game music
- Electronic Music

Need music? Hit me up!

depresso-boiyo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

nvm. not important.

Last edited by depresso-boiyo (April 30, 2024 19:03:31)

In honor of Knightbot63 leaving scratch, the Knightbot63's shop 2.0. has been created to honor the impact he has had on scratch. Same shop, different owner. Order today!

Art shops on the forum? The best one is the Glow shop! Click to order! We will make all your artistic needs. Now selling BBCode!
  • Discussion Forums
  • » Collaboration
  • » Kokoro Beats | Soundwave Productions | Hiring Coders, Artists, Designers, Voice Actors, Composers, Singers!! | An RPG-Rhythm Game [RSS Feed]