Discuss Scratch

• Discussion Forums
  • » Collaboration
  • » Kokoro Beats | Soundwave Productions | Hiring Coders, Artists, Designers, Voice Actors, Composers, Singers!! | An RPG-Rhythm Game [RSS Feed]
yumetopia
Scratcher
100+ posts

Kokoro Beats | Soundwave Productions | Hiring Coders, Artists, Designers, Voice Actors, Composers, Singers!! | An RPG-Rhythm Game

okay for everyone talking about the music box idea, the one concern i have which is on cliq but since most of us can't access: the project would be huge. adding this feature would mean double the songs, and we're probably already going to have a lot of them to start with, the project might not save. even if it does, it might not load on any computer that doesn't have a ton of memory or fast internet speeds. it's a great idea, but i think we do need to look into this.

-YourLocalPhantom-
Scratcher
500+ posts

Kokoro Beats | Soundwave Productions | Hiring Coders, Artists, Designers, Voice Actors, Composers, Singers!! | An RPG-Rhythm Game

yumetopia wrote:

okay for everyone talking about the music box idea, the one concern i have which is on cliq but since most of us can't access: the project would be huge. adding this feature would mean double the songs, and we're probably already going to have a lot of them to start with, the project might not save. even if it does, it might not load on any computer that doesn't have a ton of memory or fast internet speeds. it's a great idea, but i think we do need to look into this.
So from some tests I’ve done in the past, a decent laptop with the help of Turbowarp can load in projects with like 32K blocks, a lot of lists, and around 280MB of music. One music file should only be 10MB at most, since otherwise the project will refuse to save. The “a lot of lists” and “32K blocks” is linked directly to the json file limit, which is about 5MB (it’s often said to be exactly 5MB, but a certain scratcher and the creator of one of the biggest games on Scratch checked and it’s actually a little more than 5MB)

Does my PFP have enough glow and bright light?
Builder_53_Studios
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR THE MUSICIANS

So, we're doing the music box thing. BUT in order to save storage space (like Yume and Blau and others had mentioned), we're going to change things up.
Instead of every playable song having a music box alternate, we will be instead having a couple of music box songs specifically for these scenes.

SO, this brings me to my next request…

We need AT LEAST 3 musicians to start working on some songs with a music box. Don't feel like there are too many, we need options! Everyone that is capable, try to make a song with a music box EXCLUSIVELY. The managers will take a listen to all of them after they're done, and we will chose 1-3 (maybe more, but probably 1-3) of the best ones to use for the game.

REQUIREMENTS

- Realistic Music Box
- EXCLUSIVELY Music Box, no other instruments
- Needs to fit the scene (more on that later)
- Needs to be exported and sent in Scratch. That means it needs to be in a project.
- Make as many music box songs as you want! The more the better!
Scene:

- The songs will play at the end of each in-game “day.” They will play when the game recaps on the things you did in that “day,” which can be recapping the relationships you've made, how many songs you've beaten, how many credits/beats/money/whateverthey'recalled you earned, you get the idea.
- These should play at night, so don't make it super energetic. Something calm, peaceful, something you could fall asleep to. Kinda like a lullaby.
- These will be playing on a real music box (in-game) so dont make it like super duper fast, that doesn't work.
- Will update on more if I think of anymore.
Due date: MAY 14TH (if you somehow miss reading this i have no words)

Good luck guys! This is probably going to be the biggest thing that the musicians will need to do for a while, so if you have ears, use them! Make some awesome songs!

- Builder_53_Studios, sound manager (or whatever it's called)

Last edited by Builder_53_Studios (April 30, 2024 21:25:41)

———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————-
Hey, I'm Builder_53_Studios, composer for fun! I'm an (ex) manager for The Piano Shop, which you should totally check out if you need music, and Kokoro Beats, an upcoming rhythm game inspired by Project Sekai!

I used to animate with Mine-imator, but I've stopped and focused more on composing.
I compose various styles, including:

- Video Game music
- Cinematic/Epic Orchestral Music
- Electronic Music
- Friday Night Funkin Music (haven't done it in a very long time)
- Unique rock style that is a mix of J-rock and regular rock and synths and cool stuff

Need music? Hit me up!
I think part of the reason I still compose is because I really enjoy it. Music composition has instilled a passion inside of me, which so far hasn't died yet. I've wanted to compose for an actual game (that doesn't get discontinued) for a while, so if you are creating a game that you'll dedicate and not scrap it, I'd love to help out!

I suggest you listen to some of my music before asking me to compose for you. I feel like I have a specific style that I don't know if everyone likes. Listen and see if I would fit for your game!
oofygirl
Scratcher
100+ posts

Builder_53_Studios wrote:

-snip-
I was gonna reply so I snipped it and I realized-
“oh wait nvm i have nothing to say”
but since I went through the EFFORT of SNIPPING the whole thing, I'm gonna post SOMEthing.

ʜɪɢʜʟɪɢʜᴛ, ꜱʜɪꜰᴛ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴀʀʀᴏᴡ ᴋᴇʏ ᴛᴏ ꜱᴄʀᴏʟʟ ᴅᴏᴡɴ!
Temporary manager of Stories From Space!
ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ᴀꜱᴄᴇɴᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ʜɪɢʜʟᴀɴᴅꜱ? https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/34558504/
ᴅᴀʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴠᴇɴᴛᴜʀᴇ ɪɴᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴜɴᴅᴇʀᴡᴏʀʟᴅ? https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/34046303/
ᴄᴏᴜʟᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ʜᴇʟᴘ ᴍᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴍʏ ꜱᴏɴɢ ᴘʀᴏᴊᴇᴄᴛ?
ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴀʀᴛ ꜱʜᴏᴘ
ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ᴏꜰ ✦ ✦ ᴜʀʙᴀɴᴇ ᴀʀᴛ ​✦ ✦ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴋᴏᴋᴏʀᴏ ʙᴇᴀᴛꜱ ᴅᴇᴠᴇʟᴏᴘᴍᴇɴᴛ ᴛᴇᴀᴍ
ᴀʟᴡᴀʏꜱ ꜱᴇᴇ ʙᴏᴛʜ ꜱɪᴅᴇꜱ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴛᴏʀʏ ʙᴇꜰᴏʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀꜱꜱᴜᴍᴇ.
I LOVE YEWWWWWWW

Support the suggestion HERE by adding this button to your signature
Builder_53_Studios
Scratcher
1000+ posts

oofygirl wrote:

-snip-
I was gonna reply so I snipped it and I realized-
“oh wait nvm i have nothing to say”
but since I went through the EFFORT of SNIPPING the whole thing, I'm gonna post SOMEthing.
at least we know you're active lol

Hey, I'm Builder_53_Studios, composer for fun! I'm an (ex) manager for The Piano Shop, which you should totally check out if you need music, and Kokoro Beats, an upcoming rhythm game inspired by Project Sekai!

I used to animate with Mine-imator, but I've stopped and focused more on composing.

- Video Game music
- Electronic Music
- Unique rock style that is a mix of J-rock and regular rock and synths and cool stuff

Need music? Hit me up!
I think part of the reason I still compose is because I really enjoy it. Music composition has instilled a passion inside of me, which so far hasn't died yet. I've wanted to compose for an actual game (that doesn't get discontinued) for a while, so if you are creating a game that you'll dedicate and not scrap it, I'd love to help out!

I suggest you listen to some of my music before asking me to compose for you. I feel like I have a specific style that I don't know if everyone likes. Listen and see if I would fit for your game!
moneeman
Scratcher
100+ posts

snip

crazy how im disappearing tomorrow ima try to pump out maybe one song tomorrow before practice after school.

I do music
I am currently Composing for a Rhythm game called Kokoro Beats. Check it out!
Helcat10
Scratcher
64 posts

snip
Okay! I can do music box! Do you need a specific music box or no?

Last edited by Helcat10 (May 1, 2024 17:20:45)

Are you safe in your own home?

Hello! Fellow fandom dweller here. Right now, I'm just working on the Doodle Lore, as shown here: Doodle Lore Studio

P.S. I will be updating this regularly

-Kilamesh, out!
Builder_53_Studios
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Helcat10 wrote:

snip
No specific music box, only we ask that it sounds as realistic as possible.

- Video Game music
- Electronic Music

Need music? Hit me up!

BlauHourglass
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bumping announcements…
Announcements:
Activity Checks / Member Activities
Admin Announcements
Miscellaneous Announcements
Voting Announcements
————————————————————

Schedule Transparency - Due May 4, Saturday, 11:59 PM UTC:
I need everyone to tell me their days that they are able to spend at least 20 minutes on Soundwave Productions, hours specified. If you did not share your timezone previously, share it now or else compare to the EST timezone.
  • This is so that I can institute daily/bidaily/weekly stand ups for transparency and better communication.
  • Failure to communicate to me your schedule by Wednesday will end with a single strike dealt to you.
  • The “day” time period of which I am talking about is 7 AM to 9 PM your time. Not UTC. If you are uncomfortable sharing your timezone, compare it to the EST timezone 7 AM to 9 PM.
  • Respond to me on my profile.
If you are somehow unable to spend even 20 minutes straight, let me know also. I'll think of something for you. If you have questions about what daily stand ups are, watch this video: Youtube Link to Scrum Daily Stand Ups Explained.
The time has been extended ONCE due to the forums being down for a few days.

Last edited by BlauHourglass (May 1, 2024 22:29:46)

Helcat10
Scratcher
64 posts

Helcat10 wrote:

snip
No specific music box, only we ask that it sounds as realistic as possible.
Perfect. I can also sing again. Spring allergies are being all taken care of. And guess what? I'm learning Japanese, so I'll start being able to sing that as well.

Are you safe in your own home?

Hello! Fellow fandom dweller here. Right now, I'm just working on the Doodle Lore, as shown here: Doodle Lore Studio

P.S. I will be updating this regularly

-Kilamesh, out!
Jareddddddd
Scratcher
1000+ posts

midi -> txt

oofygirl wrote:

midi -> txt
technically it is not an audio file, in essence its a binary that can be read as an interpreted txt. Using a tool like “miditoascii”, you can view the binary as it's interpreted version

Last edited by Jareddddddd (May 2, 2024 13:45:07)

oofygirl
Scratcher
100+ posts

Guys I am now convinced Blau is British
No one can tell me otherwise

ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ᴀꜱᴄᴇɴᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ʜɪɢʜʟᴀɴᴅꜱ? https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/34558504/
ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴀʀᴛ ꜱʜᴏᴘ
I LOVE YEWWWWWWW

-The_Destroyer-
Scratcher
100+ posts

oofygirl wrote:

Mmmkm where’s the proof..

I'm working on this signature-

||-The Glow Shop-||

||Kokoro Beats||
oofygirl
Scratcher
100+ posts

-The_Destroyer- wrote:

oofygirl wrote:

idk

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴀʀᴛ ꜱʜᴏᴘ
I LOVE YEWWWWWWW

-The_Destroyer-
Scratcher
100+ posts

oofygirl wrote:

-The_Destroyer- wrote:

oofygirl wrote:

idk
I the. How are you convinced then? What convinced you?

||-The Glow Shop-||

||Kokoro Beats||
oofygirl
Scratcher
100+ posts

-The_Destroyer- wrote:

oofygirl wrote:

-The_Destroyer- wrote:

oofygirl wrote:

idk
I the. How are you convinced then? What convinced you?
Idk just its the v i b e

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴀʀᴛ ꜱʜᴏᴘ
I LOVE YEWWWWWWW

BlauHourglass
Scratcher
1000+ posts

oofygirl wrote:

Idk just its the v i b e
Interesting; now I'm intrigued.

oofygirl
Scratcher
100+ posts

I'm helping out my friend because she wants to be a VA but doesn't exactly know… how to fill out forms and stuff so she's letting me fill it out for her

Name: @Cosmic_Lunala23, AKA Cosmic
Role: Voice Actor
Activity Level: From what I've seen of her, it's at least a 6.
Coding Level: 2. I'm not overestimating her, but not underestimating her either. She knows the basics of “when flag pressed, when stage clicked,” etc.
Art Level: 7…? I'm trying to not be an overly biased friend but also not trying to underestimate her skill. She doesn't really do anime styles, though, but is at least good enough to do basic anatomy and can do relatively complex drawings.
Music Level: She's got amazing singing skill, I'll give you that.
Are You Following The Topic? Uhhh I don't know I'm not signed in for her but I followed it for her when I was showing her what to do so… I think so?
Do You Have Access To: Mural, Magma, Github, and Cliq? She can access Magma, but due to her parents, (and not knowing her own email) she likely won't be able to access everything else.
Are You Familiar With Kanban, Scrum, and Agile? She likely doesn't.
Are You Ready To Be Denied? I'm not answering that for her.
Have You Read The Strike System? … I'll tell her at lunch.
Any Background Playing/Making Rhythm Games? She plays along to FNF playthrough videos and has gotten pretty good at note timing.
Examples of Your Work: I'll get a voice example from her… later.
Extra: I don't know - I'm her best friend and kinda judgy, so… I do want to say, she may take frequent breaks depending on situations at home. She also can be a little childish… but she's always trying her best, no matter what. I hope you take that into account.
sorry that got so deep-

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴀʀᴛ ꜱʜᴏᴘ
I LOVE YEWWWWWWW

oofygirl
Scratcher
100+ posts

BlauHourglass wrote:

oofygirl wrote:

Idk just its the v i b e
SEE? SEE? THAT! THAT IS THE BRITISH VIBE IM TALKING ABOUT

ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴍʏ ᴀʀᴛ ꜱʜᴏᴘ
I LOVE YEWWWWWWW

-The_Destroyer-
Scratcher
100+ posts

oofygirl wrote:

BlauHourglass wrote:

oofygirl wrote:

Idk just its the v i b e
SEE? SEE? THAT! THAT IS THE BRITISH VIBE IM TALKING ABOUT
I think your mixing up British with being formal-

||-The Glow Shop-||

||Kokoro Beats||
  • Discussion Forums
  • » Collaboration
  • » Kokoro Beats | Soundwave Productions | Hiring Coders, Artists, Designers, Voice Actors, Composers, Singers!! | An RPG-Rhythm Game [RSS Feed]