Discuss Scratch

• Discussion Forums
  • » Collaboration
  • » Kokoro Beats | Soundwave Productions | Hiring Coders, Artists, Designers, Voice Actors, Composers, Singers!! | An RPG-Rhythm Game [RSS Feed]
Ahsoka10
Scratcher
97 posts

Kokoro Beats | Soundwave Productions | Hiring Coders, Artists, Designers, Voice Actors, Composers, Singers!! | An RPG-Rhythm Game

Guys what's the best tea and why is it Madagascar Vanilla?

Whatcha see is whatchu get! Just a guy who loves adventure!!!!

⁺₊⋆ ♬ About Me ~ https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/776068637/ ♬ ⁺₊⋆

⁺₊⋆ ♬ For Cool Aesthetics ~ @Ashla10 ♬ ⁺₊⋆

BlauHourglass
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Kokoro Beats | Soundwave Productions | Hiring Coders, Artists, Designers, Voice Actors, Composers, Singers!! | An RPG-Rhythm Game

BlauHourglass wrote:

Bumping announcements…
Announcements:
Activity Checks / Member Activities
Admin Announcements
Miscellaneous Announcements
Voting Announcements
————————————————————

Schedule Transparency - PAST DUE - Due May 4, Saturday, 11:59 PM UTC:
I need everyone to tell me their days that they are able to spend at least 20 minutes on Soundwave Productions, hours specified. If you did not share your timezone previously, share it now or else compare to the EST timezone.
  • This is so that I can institute daily/bidaily/weekly stand ups for transparency and better communication.
  • Failure to communicate to me your schedule by Wednesday will end with a single strike dealt to you.
  • The “day” time period of which I am talking about is 7 AM to 9 PM your time. Not UTC. If you are uncomfortable sharing your timezone, compare it to the EST timezone 7 AM to 9 PM.
  • Respond to me on my profile.
If you are somehow unable to spend even 20 minutes straight, let me know also. I'll think of something for you. If you have questions about what daily stand ups are, watch this video: Youtube Link to Scrum Daily Stand Ups Explained.
The time has been extended ONCE due to the forums being down for a few days.
I'll deal strikes tomorrow. I've been very busy with a leadership application and familial activities.

。 ゚。⋆☾ Did I ask? ☽ ⋆。 ゚☁︎。 ⋆。 ゚☾ The ending that we get will be happy, I'm sure…! ☽ ⋆。 ゚☁︎。 ⋆。 ゚☾ If everyone were smart, no one would be. ☽ ⋆。 ゚。
——
Retired founder of Soundwave Productions click me, fufu~
Co-owner of The Glow Shop click me, fufu~
Co-owner of Ville de L'Art click me, fufu~
——
ı|ı|ı Script SWC July '24 ı|ı|ı
♕ Classical SSC May '24 ♕
⸙ Epistolary SWC March '24 ⸙
BlauHourglass
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ahsoka10 wrote:

Madagascar Vanilla? What's that? Rather- what does it taste like?

。 ゚。⋆☾ Did I ask? ☽ ⋆。 ゚☁︎。 ⋆。 ゚☾ The ending that we get will be happy, I'm sure…! ☽ ⋆。 ゚☁︎。 ⋆。 ゚☾ If everyone were smart, no one would be. ☽ ⋆。 ゚。
——
——
Builder_53_Studios
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hey guys, Builder/Potang here again!

We've finalized the song genre list. Here it is!

1. Electronic
2. Pop (Mainstream “Popular” Songs)
3. Asian Pop (K-pop, J-pop, C-pop?)
4. Classical/Ballad
5. Rap/Trap/Hip Hop (Trying to come up with a name to lump it all)
6. Jazz/RB&B (Also need to come up with a lumping name)
7. EDM (Electronic Dance Music)
And of course, Project Sekai songs as cameo/extra songs.

Musicians, take note of these genres. If you want to offer some of your songs, check that they are in these genres!

Last edited by Builder_53_Studios (May 7, 2024 00:51:52)

———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————-
Hey, I'm Builder_53_Studios, composer for fun! I'm an (ex) manager for The Piano Shop, which you should totally check out if you need music, and a composer for Kokoro Beats, an upcoming rhythm game inspired by Project Sekai!

I used to animate with Mine-imator, but I've stopped and focused more on composing.
I compose various styles, including:

- Video Game music
- Cinematic/Epic Orchestral Music
- Electronic Music
- Friday Night Funkin Music (haven't done it in a very long time)
- Unique rock style that is a mix of J-rock and regular rock and synths and cool stuff

Need music? Hit me up!
I think part of the reason I still compose is because I really enjoy it. Music composition has instilled a passion inside of me, which so far hasn't died yet. I've wanted to compose for an actual game (that doesn't get discontinued) for a while, so if you are creating a game that you'll dedicate and not scrap it, I'd love to help out!

I suggest you listen to some of my music before asking me to compose for you. I feel like I have a specific style that I don't know if everyone likes. Listen and see if I would fit for your game!
Ahsoka10
Scratcher
97 posts

BlauHourglass wrote:

Ahsoka10 wrote:

Like Vanilla but a thousand times better *sparkles*

Whatcha see is whatchu get! Just a guy who loves adventure!!!!

⁺₊⋆ ♬ About Me ~ https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/776068637/ ♬ ⁺₊⋆

⁺₊⋆ ♬ For Cool Aesthetics ~ @Ashla10 ♬ ⁺₊⋆

BlauHourglass
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ahsoka10 wrote:

BlauHourglass wrote:

Like Vanilla but a thousand times better *sparkles*
Ohh, I see… I have to try some sometime. Reminds me that I just ate milk chocolate with Ugandan Vanilla lol-

——
——
yumetopia
Scratcher
100+ posts

might be a bit less active on here around up until may 17th, depends on when i finish leader app lol. i'll still be active on scratch, but might not check the forums as much :,) i'm working on some character designs so might post those later on as well.

Helcat10
Scratcher
64 posts

I will be inactive for an unknown amount of time.Look at this project for more info please: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/1010032015/

Are you safe in your own home?

Hello! Fellow fandom dweller here. Right now, I'm just working on the Doodle Lore, as shown here: Doodle Lore Studio

P.S. I will be updating this regularly

-Kilamesh, out!
-YourLocalPhantom-
Scratcher
500+ posts

Builder_53_Studios wrote:

1. Electronic
4. Classical/Ballad

Musicians, take note of these genres. If you want to offer some of your songs, check that they are in these genres!
I' not a musician or anything, but does Electronic include it's subgenres, or is it just strictly electronic?

Your eyes are open
So never close them
You’ll sail the ocean
Finding where you should be
And if you’re broken
You’ll make your own thing
You’ll make it so big
For all the world to see
HundenBasse
Scratcher
100+ posts

Helcat10 wrote:

I will be inactive for an unknown amount of time.Look at this project for more info please: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/1010032015/
Im very sorry to hear that. I hope your dad will at some point accept your stance on the LGBTQ community. Stay safe

Summary:
1: One singular sprite for one singular purpose
2: REMOVE THE STRAY BLOCKS

Organization is one of the most important things in scratch because if your project is cluttered and impossible to read you can't get any help and it will make your project seem less manageable.

Two of the most important things when it comes to organization is 1: Compactness. You need to make your project compact since that will make it cleaner to read. The most common mistake when it comes to compactness is making multiple different sprites that all are about or have something to do with each other. You should always only use one singular sprite for one singular purpose. (Player_Hitbox) and (Player) should be in the same sprite!!! Just use clones and some simple code management to separate the two and your code is much better. 2: Removing stray blocks. What I mean by that is for example when you finish some code and there is a lot of random stuff which doesn't do anything around the code you should remove it since it makes your project less laggy and easier to navigate!
HundenBasse
Scratcher
100+ posts

Is it just me or is scratch really slow today?

Summary:
1: One singular sprite for one singular purpose
2: REMOVE THE STRAY BLOCKS

Organization is one of the most important things in scratch because if your project is cluttered and impossible to read you can't get any help and it will make your project seem less manageable.

Two of the most important things when it comes to organization is 1: Compactness. You need to make your project compact since that will make it cleaner to read. The most common mistake when it comes to compactness is making multiple different sprites that all are about or have something to do with each other. You should always only use one singular sprite for one singular purpose. (Player_Hitbox) and (Player) should be in the same sprite!!! Just use clones and some simple code management to separate the two and your code is much better. 2: Removing stray blocks. What I mean by that is for example when you finish some code and there is a lot of random stuff which doesn't do anything around the code you should remove it since it makes your project less laggy and easier to navigate!
Builder_53_Studios
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-YourLocalPhantom- wrote:

1. Electronic
4. Classical/Ballad

I' not a musician or anything, but does Electronic include it's subgenres, or is it just strictly electronic?

It accepts subgenres too. Music that goes in the electronic genre can consist of things like dubstep, future bass, kawaii future bass, glitch hop, 8-bit, electro swing, etc. Anything that requires some synths and a computer. It's fairly broad

Hey, I'm Builder_53_Studios, composer for fun! I'm an (ex) manager for The Piano Shop, which you should totally check out if you need music, and a composer for Kokoro Beats, an upcoming rhythm game inspired by Project Sekai!

I used to animate with Mine-imator, but I've stopped and focused more on composing.

- Video Game music
- Electronic Music
- Unique rock style that is a mix of J-rock and regular rock and synths and cool stuff

Need music? Hit me up!
I think part of the reason I still compose is because I really enjoy it. Music composition has instilled a passion inside of me, which so far hasn't died yet. I've wanted to compose for an actual game (that doesn't get discontinued) for a while, so if you are creating a game that you'll dedicate and not scrap it, I'd love to help out!

I suggest you listen to some of my music before asking me to compose for you. I feel like I have a specific style that I don't know if everyone likes. Listen and see if I would fit for your game!
Cotton_Scratch
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch won't let me post my original statement, so here's something that hopefully will be alright with Scratch:

After June 10th or 11th, I can't be online nearly as often as our school chromebooks are getting taken away because people here… aren't smart, to put it lightly (they break them, constantly). So after then I'll mostly be online after 2:30 or 5:30 depending on the day. Otherwise, I'll try and be online more.

Last edited by Cotton_Scratch (May 7, 2024 15:48:00)

Hello! I am Cotton_Scratch but I go by Cotton, I use all pronouns but I prefer She/Her. I am as3xual and possibly lesbian, but I'm not sure. I LOVE warrior cats and Wings of Fire. Thank you for reading, have a good day!

Join my collab(s)!
Cat-Gen (Temporarily on hold-will be reopened within the next 6 months)
Stories From Space

Join my RP! (Please, I'm kinda desperate):
Orbital Residence

Collabs I'm apart of:
Kokoro Beats
Screviews
Builder_53_Studios
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Cotton_Scratch wrote:

Scratch won't let me post my original statement, so here's something that hopefully will be alright with Scratch:

After June 10th or 11th, I can't be online nearly as often as our school chromebooks are getting taken away because people here… aren't smart, to put it lightly (they break them, constantly). So after then I'll mostly be online after 2:30 or 5:30 depending on the day. Otherwise, I'll try and be online more.
thanks for the heads up!

- Video Game music
- Electronic Music

Need music? Hit me up!

jaskeI
Scratcher
100+ posts

My school blocked my access to mural, so I can't see what I need to be working on

Hello, I am Jaskel!

I am a Scratch coder with 5+ years experience, and enjoy helping people on the ¨Help with Scripts¨ Forum.
Builder_53_Studios
Scratcher
1000+ posts

jaskeI wrote:

My school blocked my access to mural, so I can't see what I need to be working on
No problem. We'll post updates here. You're an artist, right? So far, I don't think you have any tasks. However…

Story writers! We need you on mural, and any other place we can see you! We're currently writing the storyline and backstory for Kokoro Fine Arts Academy!

- Video Game music
- Electronic Music

Need music? Hit me up!

yumetopia
Scratcher
100+ posts

jaskeI wrote:

No problem. We'll post updates here. You're an artist, right? So far, I don't think you have any tasks. However…
if the spreadsheet is right, you're a designer. yeah, like potang said, no tasks at the moment so don't worry.

Story writers! We need you on mural, and any other place we can see you! We're currently writing the storyline and backstory for Kokoro Fine Arts Academy!
i don't think we can share the link on here but there's a story notes doc- maybe i'll put the link on mural if it isn't there yet.

jaskeI
Scratcher
100+ posts

I'm a Coder/Story writer.

Hello, I am Jaskel!

I am a Scratch coder with 5+ years experience, and enjoy helping people on the ¨Help with Scripts¨ Forum.
yumetopia
Scratcher
100+ posts

jaskeI wrote:

I'm a Coder/Story writer.
we do need story writers on the planning doc- wait, do you have cliq?

jaskeI
Scratcher
100+ posts

What's cliq?

Hello, I am Jaskel!

• Discussion Forums
  • » Collaboration
  • » Kokoro Beats | Soundwave Productions | Hiring Coders, Artists, Designers, Voice Actors, Composers, Singers!! | An RPG-Rhythm Game [RSS Feed]