Discuss Scratch

• Discussion Forums
  • » Collaboration
  • » Kokoro Beats | Soundwave Productions | Hiring Coders, Artists, Designers, Voice Actors, Composers, Singers!! | An RPG-Rhythm Game [RSS Feed]
BlauHourglass
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Kokoro Beats | Soundwave Productions | Hiring Coders, Artists, Designers, Voice Actors, Composers, Singers!! | An RPG-Rhythm Game

Also, everyone, I think we have enough people that we can actually start working out the mechanics and basic overview of the game. I'll create a new thread for it, so just gimme a quick minute…

Oh, before that, actually, what do you guys want to call this team and what do you guys wanna call the game? I created two lists in the Trello board, so just create cards with the name of your name suggestion in the respective lists and then just add yourself for your vote. I wanna use this opportunity to get you guys a little more familiar to the interface if you've never used Trello before. Thanks.

MyloCodes1
Scratcher
1 post

Kokoro Beats | Soundwave Productions | Hiring Coders, Artists, Designers, Voice Actors, Composers, Singers!! | An RPG-Rhythm Game

Could I Help with Some of the Art as well
BlauHourglass
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MyloCodes1 wrote:

Could I Help with Some of the Art as well
Sure! Just fill out the form and I'll see

Swiftpixel
Scratcher
54 posts

Role: coder and possibly composer if you want things like drum tracks
Activity Level: 7/10
Coding Level: 7.5/10
Any Background Playing/Making Rhythm Games? No, but I do have decent rhythm since I play a few instruments
Examples of Your Work: I don’t have any examples right now but I can find some if needed
Extra: Active and I enjoy collaborating

Have you tried turning it on and off again?!
BlauHourglass
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Swiftpixel wrote:

Any Background Playing/Making Rhythm Games? No, but I do have decent rhythm since I play a few instruments
Examples of Your Work: I don’t have any examples right now but I can find some if needed
Hired! I'll put you down as mainly a coder and then, like I did with Dragon, a sub-composer. Is that all right? Also, check out the Trello board and add yourself!

Swiftpixel
Scratcher
54 posts

BlauHourglass wrote:

Swiftpixel wrote:

Hired! I'll put you down as mainly a coder and then, like I did with Dragon, a sub-composer. Is that all right? Also, check out the Trello board and add yourself!

Yeah that’s great! I’ll join the trello board soon as I’m not at my PC

BlauHourglass
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Swiftpixel wrote:

BlauHourglass wrote:

Swiftpixel wrote:

Yeah that’s great! I’ll join the trello board soon as I’m not at my PC
Sound's good.

TheGoaDragon
Scratcher
50 posts

ok i send a request for trello, my user name should be ipgt

-music
-SFX
-TF2, CS2
-dog
-hate sleep
-tttttiiiiiiirreeeedddddd
BlauHourglass
Scratcher
1000+ posts

TheGoaDragon wrote:

ok i send a request for trello, my user name should be ipgt
You're in now; thanks!

BlauHourglass
Scratcher
1000+ posts

BlauHourglass wrote:

Also, everyone, I think we have enough people that we can actually start working out the mechanics and basic overview of the game. I'll create a new thread for it, so just gimme a quick minute…

Oh, before that, actually, what do you guys want to call this team and what do you guys wanna call the game? I created two lists in the Trello board, so just create cards with the name of your name suggestion in the respective lists and then just add yourself for your vote. I wanna use this opportunity to get you guys a little more familiar to the interface if you've never used Trello before. Thanks.

As soon as we come to a consensus about the team name and game name, I'll be adding some tasks to the kanban board, and we can go over how it works if you guys are unfamiliar with the process. If you are, however, please let me know xD

Swiftpixel
Scratcher
54 posts

BlauHourglass wrote:

BlauHourglass wrote:

As soon as we come to a consensus about the team name and game name, I'll be adding some tasks to the kanban board, and we can go over how it works if you guys are unfamiliar with the process. If you are, however, please let me know xD

I’ve got a bit of experience on Trello, and I think we should have the main board for the game as well as a bug tracker or something similar

BlauHourglass
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Swiftpixel wrote:

BlauHourglass wrote:

BlauHourglass wrote:

I’ve got a bit of experience on Trello, and I think we should have the main board for the game as well as a bug tracker or something similar
Ah, nice! Okay, that sounds like a good idea. I'm actually going to be creating several boards in this workspace so as to not clog the main one and make things easier and more accessible. This main board will be for the kanban tasks and also for the quick name voting. The bug tracker can also be incorporated.

Swiftpixel
Scratcher
54 posts

oops accidental post sorry

Last edited by Swiftpixel (Feb. 16, 2024 17:36:05)

HundenBasse
Scratcher
100+ posts

Role: CODER
Activity Level: 2-8 hours
Coding Level: 8
Any Background Playing/Making Rhythm Games? Yes
Examples of Your Work:
Its not finished. And i switched to turbowarp halfway through. This is unfinished but it contains game mechanics, music and custom editor. Turbowarp version has menu, custom music (this couldnt really be done legally or without a actual server so this is where my project failed), delta-time support, working level skip and barely any bugs compared the scratch version.
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/871546046/

Summary:
1: One singular sprite for one singular purpose
2: REMOVE THE STRAY BLOCKS

Organization is one of the most important things in scratch because if your project is cluttered and impossible to read you can't get any help and it will make your project seem less manageable.

Two of the most important things when it comes to organization is 1: Compactness. You need to make your project compact since that will make it cleaner to read. The most common mistake when it comes to compactness is making multiple different sprites that all are about or have something to do with each other. You should always only use one singular sprite for one singular purpose. (Player_Hitbox) and (Player) should be in the same sprite!!! Just use clones and some simple code management to separate the two and your code is much better. 2: Removing stray blocks. What I mean by that is for example when you finish some code and there is a lot of random stuff which doesn't do anything around the code you should remove it since it makes your project less laggy and easier to navigate!
BlauHourglass
Scratcher
1000+ posts

HundenBasse wrote:

Examples of Your Work:
Its not finished. And i switched to turbowarp halfway through. This is unfinished but it contains game mechanics, music and custom editor. Turbowarp version has menu, custom music (this couldnt really be done legally or without a actual server so this is where my project failed), delta-time support, working level skip and barely any bugs compared the scratch version.
Hired! Please check out the Trello board and follow the voting as I instructed in the prior posts. Thanks for the application!

BlauHourglass
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Foxyrayne decided to not continue with this and left. We'll be moving on without them.

prishaJuni
Scratcher
100+ posts

Form
Role: Artist
Activity Level: 4
Coding Level: 3
Art Level: 7 depending on what it is
Music Level: 1
Any Background Playing/Making Rhythm Games?: Absolutely not. I would like to know more about it!
Examples of Your Work: @Prisha_the_Painter
Extra: I do mostly traditional, and I'm not too skilled at digital. (See my profile for refs of digital art)

Last edited by prishaJuni (Feb. 17, 2024 17:31:40)

I’m a really underrated coder/artist! I fix up people’s old games and would LOVE to hear about any underrated games.

OPEN DMC WITH MANY WAYS TO WIN! PLEASE JOIN! 10+ CHARACTERS TO DRAW!
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/958213540

BlauHourglass
Scratcher
1000+ posts

prishaJuni wrote:

Form
Any Background Playing/Making Rhythm Games?: Absolutely not. I would like to know more about it!
Extra: I do mostly traditional, and I'm not too skilled at digital. (See my profile for refs of digital art)
Hired! Wow, I just took a look and honestly, I love your painting! I tried watercolor in the past but I flopped completely, haha. Anyways, make sure you request access on Trello and set yourself up. Please suggest ideas for the game and team names!! Thanks for applying!

prishaJuni
Scratcher
100+ posts

BlauHourglass wrote:

prishaJuni wrote:

Form
Hired! Wow, I just took a look and honestly, I love your painting! I tried watercolor in the past but I flopped completely, haha. Anyways, make sure you request access on Trello and set yourself up. Please suggest ideas for the game and team names!! Thanks for applying!
Ok!

I’m a really underrated coder/artist! I fix up people’s old games and would LOVE to hear about any underrated games.

OPEN DMC WITH MANY WAYS TO WIN! PLEASE JOIN! 10+ CHARACTERS TO DRAW!
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/958213540

HundenBasse
Scratcher
100+ posts

BlauHourglass wrote:

HundenBasse wrote:

Examples of Your Work:
Hired! Please check out the Trello board and follow the voting as I instructed in the prior posts. Thanks for the application!
My name is “Sponges Lost” on Trello

Summary:
1: One singular sprite for one singular purpose
2: REMOVE THE STRAY BLOCKS

Organization is one of the most important things in scratch because if your project is cluttered and impossible to read you can't get any help and it will make your project seem less manageable.

Two of the most important things when it comes to organization is 1: Compactness. You need to make your project compact since that will make it cleaner to read. The most common mistake when it comes to compactness is making multiple different sprites that all are about or have something to do with each other. You should always only use one singular sprite for one singular purpose. (Player_Hitbox) and (Player) should be in the same sprite!!! Just use clones and some simple code management to separate the two and your code is much better. 2: Removing stray blocks. What I mean by that is for example when you finish some code and there is a lot of random stuff which doesn't do anything around the code you should remove it since it makes your project less laggy and easier to navigate!
  • Discussion Forums
  • » Collaboration
  • » Kokoro Beats | Soundwave Productions | Hiring Coders, Artists, Designers, Voice Actors, Composers, Singers!! | An RPG-Rhythm Game [RSS Feed]