Discuss Scratch

• Discussion Forums
  • » Collaboration
  • » Kokoro Beats | Soundwave Productions | Hiring Coders, Artists, Designers, Voice Actors, Composers, Singers!! | An RPG-Rhythm Game [RSS Feed]
TheGoaDragon
Scratcher
50 posts

Kokoro Beats | Soundwave Productions | Hiring Coders, Artists, Designers, Voice Actors, Composers, Singers!! | An RPG-Rhythm Game

what type of music do we need, like dubstep/fast?

-music
-SFX
-TF2, CS2
-dog
-hate sleep
-tttttiiiiiiirreeeedddddd
Credi12
Scratcher
43 posts

Kokoro Beats | Soundwave Productions | Hiring Coders, Artists, Designers, Voice Actors, Composers, Singers!! | An RPG-Rhythm Game

BlauHourglass wrote:

Index:
Activity Level = How much time do spend on Scratch a week? In hours.
Coding/Art/Music Level = How skilled are you in the specified field? Five is your average Scratcher.
Role = What role you want to fill, i.e., artist, coder, etc…

Form:
Role:Artist
Activity Level:9
Coding Level:6
Art Level:7
Music Level:0
Any Background Playing/Making Rhythm Games? I've played a few rhythm games on scratch and tried to make my own
Examples of Your Work:
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/962211334
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/887085667
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/928466489
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/967440055 <(only thumbnail)
Extra: I'm apart of other collabs so I'm not always available
BlauHourglass
Scratcher
1000+ posts

HundenBasse wrote:

BlauHourglass wrote:

HundenBasse wrote:

Role: CODER
Activity Level: 2-8 hours
Coding Level: 8
Any Background Playing/Making Rhythm Games? Yes
Examples of Your Work:
Its not finished. And i switched to turbowarp halfway through. This is unfinished but it contains game mechanics, music and custom editor. Turbowarp version has menu, custom music (this couldnt really be done legally or without a actual server so this is where my project failed), delta-time support, working level skip and barely any bugs compared the scratch version.
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/871546046/
Hired! Please check out the Trello board and follow the voting as I instructed in the prior posts. Thanks for the application!
My name is “Sponges Lost” on Trello
Thanks!

HundenBasse
Scratcher
100+ posts

BlauHourglass wrote:

HundenBasse wrote:

BlauHourglass wrote:

HundenBasse wrote:

Role: CODER
Activity Level: 2-8 hours
Coding Level: 8
Any Background Playing/Making Rhythm Games? Yes
Examples of Your Work:
Its not finished. And i switched to turbowarp halfway through. This is unfinished but it contains game mechanics, music and custom editor. Turbowarp version has menu, custom music (this couldnt really be done legally or without a actual server so this is where my project failed), delta-time support, working level skip and barely any bugs compared the scratch version.
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/871546046/
Hired! Please check out the Trello board and follow the voting as I instructed in the prior posts. Thanks for the application!
My name is “Sponges Lost” on Trello
Thanks!
When do you think we will begin setting the groundworks for the mechanics and such? Or rather add tasks to the “To Do” tab in trello

Summary:
1: One singular sprite for one singular purpose
2: REMOVE THE STRAY BLOCKS

Organization is one of the most important things in scratch because if your project is cluttered and impossible to read you can't get any help and it will make your project seem less manageable.

Two of the most important things when it comes to organization is 1: Compactness. You need to make your project compact since that will make it cleaner to read. The most common mistake when it comes to compactness is making multiple different sprites that all are about or have something to do with each other. You should always only use one singular sprite for one singular purpose. (Player_Hitbox) and (Player) should be in the same sprite!!! Just use clones and some simple code management to separate the two and your code is much better. 2: Removing stray blocks. What I mean by that is for example when you finish some code and there is a lot of random stuff which doesn't do anything around the code you should remove it since it makes your project less laggy and easier to navigate!
BlauHourglass
Scratcher
1000+ posts

HundenBasse wrote:

When do you think we will begin setting the groundworks for the mechanics and such? Or rather add tasks to the “To Do” tab in trello
As soon as… we finalize our team and game name. Then I'll request an icon from one of our artists, add this collab to the collab directory, and while that goes on, we can talk about mechanics and game genres. So as soon as we figure out what we're called and what the name is called.

Everyone, please suggest ideas! This is a collaborative effort, and (I can see you guys actually like “Kokoro Beats” haha) we still need a team name. And to come to a consensus with the game name. I'd like all the votes and ideas in by… Monday the 19th, if possible. It's only like a one-minute process, so…

HundenBasse
Scratcher
100+ posts

Yeah because i looked into the reference game and it was for mobile. So is the game going to be mobile only? I dont see a way to transform it to fit pc unless you use the mouse Maybe you could lock the mouse the the X axis so that it didnt matter how much you moved your mouse up or down.

Last edited by HundenBasse (Feb. 18, 2024 13:59:36)

Summary:

Organization is one of the most important things in scratch because if your project is cluttered and impossible to read you can't get any help and it will make your project seem less manageable.

Two of the most important things when it comes to organization is 1: Compactness. You need to make your project compact since that will make it cleaner to read. The most common mistake when it comes to compactness is making multiple different sprites that all are about or have something to do with each other. You should always only use one singular sprite for one singular purpose. (Player_Hitbox) and (Player) should be in the same sprite!!! Just use clones and some simple code management to separate the two and your code is much better. 2: Removing stray blocks. What I mean by that is for example when you finish some code and there is a lot of random stuff which doesn't do anything around the code you should remove it since it makes your project less laggy and easier to navigate!
Cotton_Scratch
Scratcher
100+ posts

BlauHourglass wrote:

HundenBasse wrote:

As soon as… we finalize our team and game name. Then I'll request an icon from one of our artists, add this collab to the collab directory, and while that goes on, we can talk about mechanics and game genres. So as soon as we figure out what we're called and what the name is called.

Everyone, please suggest ideas! This is a collaborative effort, and (I can see you guys actually like “Kokoro Beats” haha) we still need a team name. And to come to a consensus with the game name. I'd like all the votes and ideas in by… Monday the 19th, if possible. It's only like a one-minute process, so…
I just came up with a random idea to put into team name ideas, what about ‘Soundwave productions’ or something like that?

Hello! I am Cotton_Scratch but I go by Cotton, I use all pronouns but I prefer She/Her. I am as3xual and possibly lesbian, but I'm not sure. I LOVE warrior cats and Wings of Fire. Thank you for reading, have a good day!

Join my collab(s)!
Cat-Gen (Temporarily on hold-will be reopened within the next 6 months)
Stories From Space

Join my RP! (Please, I'm kinda desperate):
Orbital Residence

Collabs I'm apart of:
Kokoro Beats
Screviews
HundenBasse
Scratcher
100+ posts

Cotton_Scratch wrote:

I just came up with a random idea to put into team name ideas, what about ‘Soundwave productions’ or something like that?
I think thats pretty good. I voted for it in Trello

Summary:

BlauHourglass
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Oh my, do pardon my late replies… I'm a bit sickly, haha.

TheGoaDragon wrote:

what type of music do we need, like dubstep/fast?
Any type of music, actually. I want a diverse plethora of songs for different players.

Credi12 wrote:

BlauHourglass wrote:

Index:
Activity Level = How much time do spend on Scratch a week? In hours.
Coding/Art/Music Level = How skilled are you in the specified field? Five is your average Scratcher.
Role = What role you want to fill, i.e., artist, coder, etc…

Form:
Any Background Playing/Making Rhythm Games? I've played a few rhythm games on scratch and tried to make my own
Examples of Your Work:
Hired! Please add yourself on Trello.

HundenBasse wrote:

Yeah because i looked into the reference game and it was for mobile. So is the game going to be mobile only? I dont see a way to transform it to fit pc unless you use the mouse Maybe you could lock the mouse the the X axis so that it didnt matter how much you moved your mouse up or down.
I'm thinking actually to make this PC friendly first, and then maybe mobile controls. The keys will be the standard “ASDF” and “JKL:”

Cotton_Scratch wrote:

BlauHourglass wrote:

HundenBasse wrote:

Nice! That sounds good Just need others for their feedback.

And to everyone in general, the “Backlog” list is for ALL the tasks that we need to do. Once they're ready to be worked on, they'll be moved to “To Do”. When being worked on, move the tasks to “Doing” and if you're working on it, add yourself to the card. These tasks will also need a basic DOD for themselves. If you were working on something but something else came up that disabled you from working on your task, move the card to “Blocked” and in the comments add a brief reason why. With blocked items, we need to make sure that we clear the path so development can continue freely. Any questions or comments?

BlauHourglass
Scratcher
1000+ posts

And one more thing: is anyone here familiar with Zoho Cliq or Github?

Credi12
Scratcher
43 posts

Form:
Examples of Your Work:

What's trello?

Last edited by Credi12 (Feb. 18, 2024 20:24:17)

BlauHourglass
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Credi12 wrote:

Form:
Examples of Your Work:

What's trello?

It's explained on the first page. It's the platform we're using for project management.

Jareddddddd
Scratcher
1000+ posts

BlauHourglass wrote:

not familiar with Zoho Cliq, but why would we need github? we got trello that Blau already set up
moneeman
Scratcher
100+ posts

Form:
Role: composer
Activity Level: 5
Coding Level: 2
Art Level: 5
Music Level: 8
Any Background Playing/Making Rhythm Games? Ive played many many rhythm games never made one tho
Examples of Your Work: Soundation.com/user/MMN
Extra: I do a bunch of genres but my main are 16-bit genesis (sonic or ristar-esc music) RnB, EDM, sometimes trap, and some obscure ones spinkled here and there. I got highschool. but my school has a music studio too so ill still be able to make music there as well. thats the only reason for my average activity.

Last edited by moneeman (Feb. 19, 2024 16:04:17)

I do music
I am currently Composing for a Rhythm game called Kokoro Beats. Check it out!
HundenBasse
Scratcher
100+ posts

BlauHourglass wrote:

HundenBasse wrote:

I'm thinking actually to make this PC friendly first, and then maybe mobile controls. The keys will be the standard “ASDF” and “JKL:”

The base game “Project Sekai: Colorful Stage!” can't be played with keys tho? Since you need to slide with your finger between keys? Or should this be more like osu!mania.
Or have i misunderstood

Last edited by HundenBasse (Feb. 19, 2024 08:44:52)

Summary:

-Hologram
Scratcher
100+ posts

Role: Composer
Activity Level: This is my first post in three years!
Coding Level: 5
Art Level: 2
Music Level: 9
Any Background Playing/Making Rhythm Games? I play Arcaea, PJSK, and Rotaeno
Examples of Your Work: I have dabbled in noteblocks for about a year. See here
Extra: I hope we can learn from each other!

moosik
prishaJuni
Scratcher
100+ posts

BlauHourglass wrote:

Nope.

I’m a really underrated coder/artist! I fix up people’s old games and would LOVE to hear about any underrated games.

OPEN DMC WITH MANY WAYS TO WIN! PLEASE JOIN! 10+ CHARACTERS TO DRAW!
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/958213540

BlauHourglass
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Jareddddddd wrote:

BlauHourglass wrote:

not familiar with Zoho Cliq, but why would we need github? we got trello that Blau already set up
Just a question to see if I could make our processes easier, haha. Interesting that you'd address me in the third person, though!

moneeman wrote:

Form:
Role: composer
Activity Level: 5
Coding Level: 2
Art Level: 5
Music Level: 8
Any Background Playing/Making Rhythm Games? Ive played many many rhythm games never made one tho
Examples of Your Work: Soundation.com/user/MMN
Extra: I do a bunch of genres but my main are 16-bit genesis (sonic or ristar-esc music) RnB, EDM, sometimes trap, and some obscure ones spinkled here and there. I got highschool. but my school has a music studio too so ill still be able to make music there as well. thats the only reason for my average activity.
Hired! Please follow the instructions for Trello.

HundenBasse wrote:

BlauHourglass wrote:

HundenBasse wrote:

The base game “Project Sekai: Colorful Stage!” can't be played with keys tho? Since you need to slide with your finger between keys? Or should this be more like osu!mania.
Or have i misunderstood
Well, this game will be similar and very inspired-off-of Project Sekai, but not an exact clone. And besides, I think it might be possible to have a mobile-friendly and PC-friendly interface. Probably have touch-sensitive keys in the same positions that correspond with the keyboard keys. And as for the notes that slide across the screen, that'd… be really hard if not impossible, but that's okay! We can just make different notes that are just as fun.

-Hologram wrote:

Role: Composer
Activity Level: This is my first post in three years!
Coding Level: 5
Art Level: 2
Music Level: 9
Any Background Playing/Making Rhythm Games? I play Arcaea, PJSK, and Rotaeno
Examples of Your Work: I have dabbled in noteblocks for about a year. See here
Extra: I hope we can learn from each other!
Hired! Please get yourself checked in with Trello. Thanks!

prishaJuni wrote:

BlauHourglass wrote:

Nope.
Ah, that's fine. Just a question.

moneeman
Scratcher
100+ posts

I have sent the request

I do music
I am currently Composing for a Rhythm game called Kokoro Beats. Check it out!
BlauHourglass
Scratcher
1000+ posts

moneeman wrote:

I have sent the request
Thanks! You're in.

To all the new applicants from today, I'll add you guys on the front page and studio in… a little bit, haha. Don't worry, I won't forget to do that…

• Discussion Forums
  • » Collaboration
  • » Kokoro Beats | Soundwave Productions | Hiring Coders, Artists, Designers, Voice Actors, Composers, Singers!! | An RPG-Rhythm Game [RSS Feed]