Discuss Scratch

• Discussion Forums
  • » Advanced Topics
  • » Wave Multi-Emulator Collaboration- Emulating CHIP-8, GBC, NES, NDS, Intel 8080, and more all in one Scratch Project. - V1.1.0 out now! [RSS Feed]
country_kid
Scratcher
100+ posts

Wave Multi-Emulator Collaboration- Emulating CHIP-8, GBC, NES, NDS, Intel 8080, and more all in one Scratch Project. - V1.1.0 out now!

oxiti8 wrote:

Comix_2 wrote:

ScratchcatandGobo wrote:

Comix_2 wrote:

I made a Demo for a Wave thingy that converts Scratch projects to TurboWarp automatically

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/785174282/
Sorry to break it to you, but turbowarp does that already.
No it converts URLs not actual project files
I already have a turbowarp link in the instructions tho?
Either way, doesn't turbowarp convert the URLs anyway?

:0 -*gasp*
his name is Bob the Evil Kumquat…
he is gasping
because I ate the signature.
when green flag clicked
if <gamedeveloper> then
Make [ Game]
end
INSERT-USER_NAME
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Wave Multi-Emulator Collaboration- Emulating CHIP-8, GBC, NES, NDS, Intel 8080, and more all in one Scratch Project. - V1.1.0 out now!

Wow, this seems cool, I have a ROM for Bad Apple on the GBC, and I kinda wanna test it out with that.

consider posting here maybe?
hey guys
oxiti8
Scratcher
1000+ posts

country_kid wrote:

oxiti8 wrote:

Comix_2 wrote:

ScratchcatandGobo wrote:

Comix_2 wrote:

I made a Demo for a Wave thingy that converts Scratch projects to TurboWarp automatically

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/785174282/
Sorry to break it to you, but turbowarp does that already.
No it converts URLs not actual project files
I already have a turbowarp link in the instructions tho?
Either way, doesn't turbowarp convert the URLs anyway?
it does. you can also just enter the project id itself and turbowarp will fill in the rest of the url.
Comix_2
Scratcher
1000+ posts

INSERT-USER_NAME wrote:

Wow, this seems cool, I have a ROM for Bad Apple on the GBC, and I kinda wanna test it out with that.
Does it work?

Comix_2
Professional Idiot by day, nerdy Forumer by night

NG: ThatOneGuy9623 | YouTube | Profile | Pretendo: 2935-7517-5545 | Nintendo Network: 3497-6286-7233

It seems today
That all you see
Is violence in movies and * on TV

But where are those good old fashion values
On which we used to rely!
Lucky, there's a Family Guy!
Lucky there's a man who,
positively can do,
All the things that make us

Laugh and cry!

He's a Family Guy!
INSERT-USER_NAME
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Comix_2 wrote:

INSERT-USER_NAME wrote:

Does it work?
Yes, the Bad Apple ROM works.

hey guys
Comix_2
Scratcher
1000+ posts

INSERT-USER_NAME wrote:

Comix_2 wrote:

INSERT-USER_NAME wrote:

Does it work?
Because it's technically not a game that is being sold, can you post the code for it?

Comix_2

NG: ThatOneGuy9623 | YouTube | Profile | Pretendo: 2935-7517-5545 | Nintendo Network: 3497-6286-7233

It seems today
That all you see

Lucky there's a man who,
positively can do,

Laugh and cry!

He's a Family Guy!
INSERT-USER_NAME
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Comix_2 wrote:

INSERT-USER_NAME wrote:

Comix_2 wrote:

INSERT-USER_NAME wrote:

Does it work?
Because it's technically not a game that is being sold, can you post the code for it?
sorry for the semi late reply but here you go

hey guys
oxiti8
Scratcher
1000+ posts

INSERT-USER_NAME wrote:

Comix_2 wrote:

INSERT-USER_NAME wrote:

Does it work?
Fun fact: The latest update to dualgb was to improve the audio and was actually tested on that bad apple rom
Comix_2
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Idea: Intellivision Emulator

Last edited by Comix_2 (Jan. 10, 2023 23:11:17)

Comix_2

It seems today
That all you see

Lucky there's a man who,
positively can do,

Laugh and cry!

He's a Family Guy!
ScratchcatandGobo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

What do you enter for SI8080?

Yeah, but at least we've learned something today… that every moment of our life should be lived to the fullest because it can be very long or very short, my friend. - Gumball
I felt like I wanted to develop games on here, so I won't leave! (for now)
(last edited 2/8/24)

oxiti8
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ScratchcatandGobo wrote:

depends on what you're trying to do.

If you're trying to boot Space invaders, enter 0 for the mode and starting address.

If you're running CP/M tests/software, enter 1 for the mode and 0x100 for the starting address.
UI-coder
Scratcher
500+ posts

i'm surprised it didn't crash

ScratchcatandGobo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

oxiti8 wrote:

ScratchcatandGobo wrote:

If you're trying to boot Space invaders, enter 0 for the mode and starting address.

If you're running CP/M tests/software, enter 1 for the mode and 0x100 for the starting address.
Space invaders is black, and the test program isn't even rendering…

Yeah, but at least we've learned something today… that every moment of our life should be lived to the fullest because it can be very long or very short, my friend. - Gumball
(last edited 2/8/24)

oxiti8
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ScratchcatandGobo wrote:

oxiti8 wrote:

ScratchcatandGobo wrote:

You still need to import the roms for each. The modes only set up the environment to run that software.
ScratchcatandGobo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

oxiti8 wrote:

ScratchcatandGobo wrote:

oxiti8 wrote:

ScratchcatandGobo wrote:

You still need to import the roms for each. The modes only set up the environment to run that software.
Can you tell me the rom?

(last edited 2/8/24)

oxiti8
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ScratchcatandGobo wrote:

oxiti8 wrote:

ScratchcatandGobo wrote:

oxiti8 wrote:

ScratchcatandGobo wrote:

Can you tell me the rom?
You’re going to have to find those yourself. Space Invaders mode wants the version of the rom that is split up into .e, .f, .g, and .h files, so you can use that. As for various cp/m 8080 tests, those are pretty easy to find online- these will generally be .COM files. (NOT ms-dos .COM files, CP/M 8080 ones like TST8080. They have the same file extension.)

I do plan on improving the importer and user friendliness for SI8080 (and adding remappable controls support) once I get the remaining components of space invaders (like the custom shift register) implemented in SI8080. Right now everything that’s in place is there so that i can test decently quickly. I’ll make it look pretty once it works.

Last edited by oxiti8 (Jan. 13, 2023 17:17:34)

ScratchcatandGobo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

oxiti8 wrote:

ScratchcatandGobo wrote:

oxiti8 wrote:

ScratchcatandGobo wrote:

oxiti8 wrote:

ScratchcatandGobo wrote:

Can you tell me the rom?
You’re going to have to find those yourself. Space Invaders mode wants the version of the rom that is split up into .e, .f, .g, and .h files, so you can use that. As for various cp/m 8080 tests, those are pretty easy to find online- these will generally be .COM files. (NOT ms-dos .COM files, CP/M 8080 ones like TST8080. They have the same file extension.)

I do plan on improving the importer and user friendliness for SI8080 (and adding remappable controls support) once I get the remaining components of space invaders (like the custom shift register) implemented in SI8080. Right now everything that’s in place is there so that i can test decently quickly. I’ll make it look pretty once it works.
I don't see any cp/m 8080 test roms…

(last edited 2/8/24)

oxiti8
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ScratchcatandGobo wrote:

oxiti8 wrote:

ScratchcatandGobo wrote:

oxiti8 wrote:

ScratchcatandGobo wrote:

oxiti8 wrote:

ScratchcatandGobo wrote:

Can you tell me the rom?

I don't see any cp/m 8080 test roms…
Stuff like 8080 exerciser should boot once you find it.
Comix_2
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I made a new logo for the Game Boy emu, what do you think?

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/798351469/

Comix_2

It seems today
That all you see

Lucky there's a man who,
positively can do,

Laugh and cry!

He's a Family Guy!
oxiti8
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Comix_2 wrote:

I made a new logo for the Game Boy emu, what do you think?

https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/798351469/

That looks pretty good, but I'm not sure how well it would mesh with the rest of the Executec/Super 7X emulator icons in terms of style. I do like that it depicts the console like the GBA and NDS icons.

Do you have any ideas for the other icons?

Last edited by oxiti8 (Feb. 3, 2023 19:54:08)

• Discussion Forums
  • » Advanced Topics
  • » Wave Multi-Emulator Collaboration- Emulating CHIP-8, GBC, NES, NDS, Intel 8080, and more all in one Scratch Project. - V1.1.0 out now! [RSS Feed]