Discuss Scratch

• Discussion Forums
  • » Advanced Topics
  • » Wave Multi-Emulator Collaboration- Emulating CHIP-8, GBC, NES, NDS, Intel 8080, and more all in one Scratch Project. - V1.1.0 out now! [RSS Feed]
Comix_2
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Wave Multi-Emulator Collaboration- Emulating CHIP-8, GBC, NES, NDS, Intel 8080, and more all in one Scratch Project. - V1.1.0 out now!

When will V1.0 be releasing?

Comix_2
Professional Idiot by day, nerdy Forumer by night

NG: ThatOneGuy9623 | YouTube | Profile | Pretendo: 2935-7517-5545 | Nintendo Network: 3497-6286-7233

It seems today
That all you see
Is violence in movies and * on TV

But where are those good old fashion values
On which we used to rely!
Lucky, there's a Family Guy!
Lucky there's a man who,
positively can do,
All the things that make us

Laugh and cry!

He's a Family Guy!
oxiti8
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Wave Multi-Emulator Collaboration- Emulating CHIP-8, GBC, NES, NDS, Intel 8080, and more all in one Scratch Project. - V1.1.0 out now!

Comix_2 wrote:

When will V1.0 be releasing?
Unsure at the moment; I'm still waiting on Gameboy's completion V0.5 deja vu. SI8080 will be getting a more fleshed out standalone release in the meantime than what's currently available (this will be done in the same project as the current standalone), and WAVE-8 with HWC-64 support will be pushed to the project's github page.
bubalo1234
Scratcher
100+ posts

The Gameboy emulator runs faster than my actual emulator. Good job!

We have 2 members, @bubalo1234 and @Alphabhet !

(°˅°)::sensing//This is my bird. Bird protects me from kumquats.

Hello! Please visit my blog (I post comics): https://lafunbug.blogspot.com

… RIP WHALECAT:
Please support Whalecat Studio and it's projects: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/513335/?page=1#post-5227210
Comix_2
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bubalo1234 wrote:

what emulator are you using

i use Visual Boy Advance/GX (VBA GX is a Wii version)

Comix_2
Professional Idiot by day, nerdy Forumer by night

NG: ThatOneGuy9623 | YouTube | Profile | Pretendo: 2935-7517-5545 | Nintendo Network: 3497-6286-7233

It seems today
That all you see
Is violence in movies and * on TV

But where are those good old fashion values
On which we used to rely!
Lucky, there's a Family Guy!
Lucky there's a man who,
positively can do,
All the things that make us

Laugh and cry!

He's a Family Guy!
oxiti8
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The release version of SI8080 V1.0.0 is out now! it's the same version as what will appear in Wave Multi-Emulator V1.0.0, and can fully play Space Invaders: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/438998291/
bubalo1234
Scratcher
100+ posts

Comix_2 wrote:

bubalo1234 wrote:

what emulator are you using

i use Visual Boy Advance/GX (VBA GX is a Wii version)
I dunno, I last used it on my old computer and I don't feel like going back and checking.

We have 2 members, @bubalo1234 and @Alphabhet !

(°˅°)::sensing//This is my bird. Bird protects me from kumquats.

Hello! Please visit my blog (I post comics): https://lafunbug.blogspot.com

… RIP WHALECAT:
Please support Whalecat Studio and it's projects: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/513335/?page=1#post-5227210
EngineerRunner
Scratcher
1000+ posts

question: what formatting do all the text files on the github page use? like, can you just use an IDE and program scratch with text?

Last edited by EngineerRunner (June 11, 2023 12:20:07)

social experiment: comment here to not get curator

simpsons and futurama fan

RickRoIler (the first l is a capital i) on PSN, NotXboxGamer765 on xbox (and by that i mean xbox 360), EngineerRunner on Minecraft (find me on hypixel)
also im on the orange cat social media as EngineerRunner

join the worst guild on hypixel with this command!!1/!/!?1/!/
/guild join los gamers

if any of my suggestions ever get accepted, i will have my profile picture set to Just Stamp The Ticket Man for 3 months

give internets pls

an australian cumquat ate my snag and onions

“maintainer” of Pyratch, a very simple text-focused frontend for Scratch
oh god am I becoming an ATer

when I am deleted ::hat control
ask (join (join [what the hell does ] (when I am deleted ::hat control)) [ do?]) and wait
create clone of [Stage v]
delete this project ::control
stop [eh, a few] sounds ::sound
casually taking over the forums:

this is what happens when school goes back in the US, scratch has like no activity

oxiti8
Scratcher
1000+ posts

EngineerRunner wrote:

question: what formatting do all the text files on the github page use? like, can you just use an IDE and program scratch with text?
all development on Wave is done in the scratch or turbowarp editor (I use turbowarp exclusively). The .txt files on github are made using Rokcoder's sb3-to-txt utility. These files are primarily for demonstration and change tracking purposes.
oxiti8
Scratcher
1000+ posts

With 52525rr's new gameboy emulator, rrgbc, finally out, I can at long last finish Wave V1.0.0

I still need to finish porting rrgbc to Wave and fix an issue with lores left scrolls in SCHIP+HPS mode in Wave-8 talk about an edge case, but I'm on track to release the project tomorrow.

This has been nearly 3 whole years in the making, and I hope you'll use V1.0.0 when it releases tomorrow. A github release will follow shortly after, with standalone releases for Windows and Linux alongside the .sb3.
oxiti8
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Wave Multi-Emulator V1.0.0 is out now!: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/824826123/

Here's the full changelog:
V1.0.0:
- General: New screen fade transition added, slightly sped up initial table generation, removed references to DualGB.
- WAVE-8: Fixed Clipping, added wrapping/clipping toggle, added HyperWAVEChip-64 1.1 support, made SCHIP+HPS mode more accurate with better half pixel scrolling support and Vsync in lores mode.
- DualGB: Replaced DualGB with rrgbc V0.10.
- REGBA: Removed GBA emulator.
- SI8080: Fixed countless CPU bugs, added new mode selection menu, added CP/M version function, added FPS counter, added partial refresh display, added space invaders audio support, fixed terminal formatting.
- Cool NES: minor optimizations.
- Bytepusher: sped up import and execution processes with custom blocks.'

The github release is also now available here: https://github.com/NinjaWeedle/Wave-Multi-Emulator/releases/tag/V1.0
country_kid
Scratcher
100+ posts

oxiti8 wrote:

Wave Multi-Emulator V1.0.0 is out now!: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/824826123/

Here's the full changelog:
V1.0.0:
- General: New screen fade transition added, slightly sped up initial table generation, removed references to DualGB.
- WAVE-8: Fixed Clipping, added wrapping/clipping toggle, added HyperWAVEChip-64 1.1 support, made SCHIP+HPS mode more accurate with better half pixel scrolling support and Vsync in lores mode.
- DualGB: Replaced DualGB with rrgbc V0.10.
- REGBA: Removed GBA emulator.
- SI8080: Fixed countless CPU bugs, added new mode selection menu, added CP/M version function, added FPS counter, added partial refresh display, added space invaders audio support, fixed terminal formatting.
- Cool NES: minor optimizations.
- Bytepusher: sped up import and execution processes with custom blocks.'

The github release is also now available here: https://github.com/NinjaWeedle/Wave-Multi-Emulator/releases/tag/V1.0
W

:0 -*gasp*
his name is Bob the Evil Kumquat…
he is gasping
because I ate the signature.
when green flag clicked
if <gamedeveloper> then
Make [ Game]
end
oxiti8
Scratcher
1000+ posts

If you want to look at some previously unseen development stuff like concepts and beta content from Wave, like SI8080 menu concepts and even savestate plans, you can check that out here: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/619237697
--Prism--
Scratcher
2 posts

Is it okay if you could feature some rom codes for some games?

Last edited by --Prism-- (Aug. 5, 2023 19:14:18)

EngineerRunner
Scratcher
1000+ posts

--Prism-- wrote:

no, that's illegal. (but personally, i morally agree with piracy)

RickRoIler (the first l is a capital i) on PSN, NotXboxGamer765 on xbox (and by that i mean xbox 360), EngineerRunner on Minecraft (find me on hypixel)

/guild join los gamers

if any of my suggestions ever get accepted, i will have my profile picture set to Just Stamp The Ticket Man for 3 months

give internets pls

ask (join (join [what the hell does ] (when I am deleted ::hat control)) [ do?]) and wait

this is what happens when school goes back in the US, scratch has like no activity

oxiti8
Scratcher
1000+ posts

--Prism-- wrote:

Hard no unless said software is public domain, and I ain’t including a rom library of any kind outside of whatever test rom i leave loaded in chip-8 or nes because project.json space is limited enough already.
sf97ahgf
Scratcher
100+ posts

RISCV32 emulator?

“It seems I am not the only spy.”
“Spy in our midst!”
“Spy, gentlemen!”
“Spy among us!”
“That Scout is a Spy.”
“The Soldier is a Spy.”
“The Pyro is a Spy.”
“The Demoman is a Spy.”
“The Heavy is a Spy.”
“The Engineer is a Spy.”
“The Medic is a Spy.”
“The Sniper is a Spy.”
“That Spy is an enemy!”
“That Spy is not one of us!”
oxiti8
Scratcher
1000+ posts

sf97ahgf wrote:

RISCV32 emulator?
Only if an author of one requests for theirs to be added to wave, I dont plan on working on any new emulators myself at this point
Redstone1080
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I think it would be cool if it could emulate a 6502, I might do this myself

Last edited by Redstone1080 (Aug. 21, 2023 19:16:34)

const juniper = programmer && musician;
// my pronouns are she/her
// i am trans and bi :P
// you can call me june or juni for short but i prefer juniper
python version:
juniper = programmer and musician
# my pronouns are she/her
# i am trans and bi :P
# you can call me june or juni for short but i prefer juniper
EngineerRunner
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Redstone1080 wrote:

I think it would be cool if it could emulate a 6502, I might do this myself
you could just modify the NES emulator, since the NES used a 6502

/guild join los gamers

give internets pls

--Prism--
Scratcher
2 posts

EngineerRunner wrote:

--Prism-- wrote:

no, that's illegal. (but personally, i morally agree with piracy)
I pirate games, well, only minecraft fn

Last edited by --Prism-- (Aug. 21, 2023 19:44:20)

• Discussion Forums
  • » Advanced Topics
  • » Wave Multi-Emulator Collaboration- Emulating CHIP-8, GBC, NES, NDS, Intel 8080, and more all in one Scratch Project. - V1.1.0 out now! [RSS Feed]