Discuss Scratch

• Discussion Forums
  • » Advanced Topics
  • » Wave Multi-Emulator Collaboration- Emulating CHIP-8, GBC, NES, NDS, Intel 8080, and more all in one Scratch Project. - V1.1.0 out now! [RSS Feed]
oxiti8
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Wave Multi-Emulator Collaboration- Emulating CHIP-8, GBC, NES, NDS, Intel 8080, and more all in one Scratch Project. - V1.1.0 out now!

co0lcr34t10ns wrote:

oxiti8 wrote:

co0lcr34t10ns wrote:

oxiti8 wrote:

Wave V1.1.0 out now!
-snip-
Awesome, been looking forward to a new update. Also full microbit support for GB when? (Is it even possible?)
define “support”
You can play gb with microbit without struggling to press any button. With tilt controls maybe
I don't think there's enough inputs on the microbit for that, even with tilt being used there's nothing to map start and select to
oxiti8
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Wave Multi-Emulator Collaboration- Emulating CHIP-8, GBC, NES, NDS, Intel 8080, and more all in one Scratch Project. - V1.1.0 out now!

V1.1.1 is out- this mainly fixes the load time issue on certain NES games that use the chr_rom list on CoolNES, but also adds new default mappings for player 2 on CoolNES (previously, they just weren't there and you would have to add them yourself to control player 2), and removes the bitwise table generator from rrGBC and replaces it with the existing Wave universal bitwise table generation meaning rrGBC should load slightly faster.
country_kid
Scratcher
100+ posts

oxiti8 wrote:

Wave V1.1.0 out now!

A new major release being dropped out of nowhere almost a year after V1.0? It's more likely than you may think.

This version is mainly about one major feature: game saves! Now you can keep your pokemon/zelda II/Mother 1/whatever saves as codes on your pc, and load them into Wave whenever you want to load your save file and continue where you left off.

Two emulators currently support the save feature: rrGBC, and for the first time, Cool NES! Wave's rrGBC save codes are cross-compatible with standalone rrGBC. The standalone version of Cool NES 2.4 lacks the save code feature, making it Wave-exclusive.

rrGBC has been updated to V0.41, bringing the aforementioned saves and also things like RTC support. On top of that, the FPS counter and title display from DualGB have been reimplemented.

As I alluded to in the past, this version doesn't have a new project url- it's been dropped on top of V1.0's project, so the url is the same: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/824826123/

Go check it out now!
Yo that's cool

:0 -*gasp*
his name is Bob the Evil Kumquat…
he is gasping
because I ate the signature.
when green flag clicked
if <gamedeveloper> then
Make [ Game]
end
co0lcr34t10ns
Scratcher
1000+ posts

What file is the saves? Can mGBA saves work?

I'm a professional forum lurker who likes Vocaloid, retro games, and story writing.

Social Experiment Generation 0: Add this to your signature increase generation by 1 and add the username of the person whose signature you saw this in to this studio

I am the 454th most active TIRAP forumer. Wow! Not surprised in any way though.

I love the OG mods. They are just done with forum trolls.

oxiti8
Scratcher
1000+ posts

co0lcr34t10ns wrote:

What file is the saves? Can mGBA saves work?
maybe? They’re just hex strings with the contents of SRAM, so you could try converting a .sav file to hex (no 0x, no spaces) and it might actually work.

Last edited by oxiti8 (April 14, 2024 02:15:30)

• Discussion Forums
  • » Advanced Topics
  • » Wave Multi-Emulator Collaboration- Emulating CHIP-8, GBC, NES, NDS, Intel 8080, and more all in one Scratch Project. - V1.1.0 out now! [RSS Feed]