Discuss Scratch

• Discussion Forums
  • » Advanced Topics
  • » Wave Multi-Emulator Collaboration- Emulating CHIP-8, GBC, NES, NDS, Intel 8080, and more all in one Scratch Project. - V1.1.0 out now! [RSS Feed]
oxiti8
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Wave Multi-Emulator Collaboration- Emulating CHIP-8, GBC, NES, NDS, Intel 8080, and more all in one Scratch Project. - V1.1.0 out now!

Been doing a TON of work on SI8080 today- I've gotten over half of all the 8080 opcodes done- There are still a few important ones I need to get done before it can really run anything (namely the stack operations and I/O), but it's getting there.

I'm going to need to make a terminal emulator- some way to HLE CP/M calls in order to print text onscreen I'm thinking I'll just use a list, but that doesn't look very good. Anyone have any experience with writing Command Line Interfaces in scratch?
Redstone1080
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Wave Multi-Emulator Collaboration- Emulating CHIP-8, GBC, NES, NDS, Intel 8080, and more all in one Scratch Project. - V1.1.0 out now!

Maybe a Z80 emulator would be cool, that way you can emulate tons of systems, built on the same code

Last edited by Redstone1080 (Nov. 6, 2022 14:55:18)

const juniper = programmer && musician;
// my pronouns are she/her
// i am trans and bi :P
// you can call me june or juni for short but i prefer juniper
python version:
juniper = programmer and musician
# my pronouns are she/her
# i am trans and bi :P
# you can call me june or juni for short but i prefer juniper
country_kid
Scratcher
100+ posts

Redstone1080 wrote:

Maybe a Z80 emulator would be cool, that way you can emulate tons of systems, built on the same code
I'm pretty sure the Z80 is backward compatible with the 8080 as well

:0 -*gasp*
his name is Bob the Evil Kumquat…
he is gasping
because I ate the signature.
when green flag clicked
if <gamedeveloper> then
Make [ Game]
end
oxiti8
Scratcher
1000+ posts

country_kid wrote:

Redstone1080 wrote:

I'm pretty sure the Z80 is backward compatible with the 8080 as well
Well, that's kind of my current Idea with SI8080- having different configurations based on the same emulator for different systems.

A Z80 core would certainly be versatile and especially useful for the Sega consoles as as far as I know nobody's emulated those yet- perhaps I'll do Z80 someday extending it off of SI8080, but for now 8080 is my focus.
oxiti8
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Lots more SI8080 progress, now public in V0.9.1. I did a ton of work on the stack related opcodes, so subroutine calls now work. I still need to do PUSH and POP though, so it's not yet complete. There aren't that many opcodes left to do, so hopefully I'll be able to get some visuals out of Space Invaders soon.

Last edited by oxiti8 (Nov. 7, 2022 01:40:06)

Scratcher
79 posts

Has you thought about SNES emulation? You have NES and Game Boy, and SNES hardware is kinda similar to NES.

Manager of the Scratch-Play development team. Join here: https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/29922863
oxiti8
Scratcher
1000+ posts

348725854 wrote:

Has you thought about SNES emulation? You have NES and Game Boy, and SNES hardware is kinda similar to NES.
I've thought about it, but SNES is quite a challenge.
Scratcher
79 posts

I popped into the editor, and saw one of the sprites was named “Nintendo 64”. Was that planned at some point?

Manager of the Scratch-Play development team. Join here: https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/29922863
oxiti8
Scratcher
1000+ posts

348725854 wrote:

I popped into the editor, and saw one of the sprites was named “Nintendo 64”. Was that planned at some point?
Yeah, really early on (as in V0.0.9) there was a sprite named “Nintendo 64” that just said “no”. It appeared as an actual Icon for a while, but then got hidden and primarily used as a blank sprite up until V0.9, when it got renamed.

TL;DR It was never seriously planned to be included
Scratcher
79 posts

oxiti8 wrote:

348725854 wrote:

Yeah, really early on (as in V0.0.9) there was a sprite named “Nintendo 64” that just said “no”. It appeared as an actual Icon for a while, but then got hidden and primarily used as a blank sprite up until V0.9, when it got renamed.

TL;DR It was never seriously planned to be included
Oh, I see.

DifferentDance8
Scratcher
1000+ posts

BRB, Suggesting an article on this (tcrf.net)

Mod's Protogen Maker v2 released. I will update it when I will update it
oxiti8
Scratcher
1000+ posts

DifferentDance8 wrote:

Heh, the changelog alone is over 3 pages, can't imagine how big that would be.
DifferentDance8
Scratcher
1000+ posts

oxiti8 wrote:

DifferentDance8 wrote:

There have been longer articles made in the past, so not an issue for them.

oxiti8
Scratcher
1000+ posts

DifferentDance8 wrote:

oxiti8 wrote:

DifferentDance8 wrote:

Oh wait you're serious about this?
DifferentDance8
Scratcher
1000+ posts

oxiti8 wrote:

DifferentDance8 wrote:

oxiti8 wrote:

DifferentDance8 wrote:

Kind of… You see, TCRF has only 2/3 Scratch related articles that I know of.

Scratcher
79 posts

DifferentDance8 wrote:

oxiti8 wrote:

DifferentDance8 wrote:

oxiti8 wrote:

DifferentDance8 wrote:

Wow, that's a really good idea! I was suprised to see that there wasn't many TCRF pages on Scratch projects. The more the better!

oxiti8
Scratcher
1000+ posts

348725854 wrote:

DifferentDance8 wrote:

oxiti8 wrote:

DifferentDance8 wrote:

oxiti8 wrote:

DifferentDance8 wrote:

Wow, that's a really good idea! I was suprised to see that there wasn't many TCRF pages on Scratch projects. The more the better!
Well, If there’s anything you need me to explain in Wave when it comes to cut content, just let me know.
DifferentDance8
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Can someone please link to a zip archive containing all the versions of WME from the very beginning up to the latest version? I need this for TCRF.

Last edited by DifferentDance8 (Nov. 25, 2022 03:13:13)

oxiti8
Scratcher
1000+ posts

DifferentDance8 wrote:

Can someone please link to a zip archive containing all the versions of WME from the very beginning up to the latest version? I need this for TCRF.
There is a problem: While at least one of every major V0.X version exists, I don't have every V0.X.Y version. any version not on already scratch from before V0.8 may not exist anymore as the computer they were all on was wiped. Some random versions are scattered around the internet but some are lost forever.

That being said, nothing of any significant value was lost- I only really cut stuff in between major versions- speaking of which, here's a list of every version available on scratch or elsewhere in chronological order:

V0.0.9
Wave menu 2 (Not an actual Wave Multi-Emulator version but it formed the base for Wave's menu going forwards)
–Dual-Emu–
V0.1.1
V0.1.5B
V0.2.2
–Themes+–
V0.3.2
V0.3.11
–Themes++–
V0.4.9
–XO-CHIP Edition–
V0.5.6
V0.5.M
–Multi-Platform Edition–
V0.6.20
–7X–
V0.7.2
V0.7.3
V0.7.9
–8X–
V0.8.7
“Gamecube”
–Big Blue–
V0.9.X

I know this isn't what you asked for but to be fair if i somehow had a zip with every version including lost ones it'd come out to several gigabytes in size.
Scratcher
79 posts

DifferentDance8 wrote:

Here is the zip file you wanted. It contains all the versions @oxiti8 stated above. Zip file is here

• Discussion Forums
  • » Advanced Topics
  • » Wave Multi-Emulator Collaboration- Emulating CHIP-8, GBC, NES, NDS, Intel 8080, and more all in one Scratch Project. - V1.1.0 out now! [RSS Feed]