Discuss Scratch

• Discussion Forums
  • » Advanced Topics
  • » Wave Multi-Emulator Collaboration- Emulating CHIP-8, GBC, NES, NDS, Intel 8080, and more all in one Scratch Project. - V1.1.0 out now! [RSS Feed]
Redstone1080
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Wave Multi-Emulator Collaboration- Emulating CHIP-8, GBC, NES, NDS, Intel 8080, and more all in one Scratch Project. - V1.1.0 out now!

EngineerRunner wrote:

Redstone1080 wrote:

I think it would be cool if it could emulate a 6502, I might do this myself
you could just modify the NES emulator, since the NES used a 6502
Nah, I want to build one from scratch (pun intended)

const juniper = programmer && musician;
// my pronouns are she/her
// i am trans and bi :P
// you can call me june or juni for short but i prefer juniper
python version:
juniper = programmer and musician
# my pronouns are she/her
# i am trans and bi :P
# you can call me june or juni for short but i prefer juniper
country_kid
Scratcher
100+ posts

Wave Multi-Emulator Collaboration- Emulating CHIP-8, GBC, NES, NDS, Intel 8080, and more all in one Scratch Project. - V1.1.0 out now!

--Prism-- wrote:

EngineerRunner wrote:

--Prism-- wrote:

Is it okay if you could feature some rom codes for some games?
no, that's illegal. (but personally, i morally agree with piracy)
I pirate games, well, only minecraft fn
It still wouldn't be a good idea to include roms with WAVE, it would probably save space in the projects JSON file if they weren't included.

Last edited by country_kid (Aug. 21, 2023 20:59:14)

:0 -*gasp*
his name is Bob the Evil Kumquat…
he is gasping
because I ate the signature.
when green flag clicked
if <gamedeveloper> then
Make [ Game]
end
oxiti8
Scratcher
1000+ posts

country_kid wrote:

--Prism-- wrote:

EngineerRunner wrote:

--Prism-- wrote:

Is it okay if you could feature some rom codes for some games?
no, that's illegal. (but personally, i morally agree with piracy)
I pirate games, well, only minecraft fn
It still wouldn't be a good idea to include roms with WAVE, it would probably save space in the projects JSON file if they weren't included.
it does. The project.json is already ~4.1 megabytes, and adding games would cause issues. I also don't like making menus very much, including one for selecting games.
oxiti8
Scratcher
1000+ posts

rrgbc V0.20 has added save file support- I'm planning on merging this into Wave soon.

Instead of having the save loading feature be specific to rrgbc, I'm planning to a new icon to the main menu called “Load Save”. By selecting this option, you can load saves in each emulator that supports it. This wouldn't make any sense if only rrgbc supported it though, so Wave-8 will be getting support for it too in the form of saving/loading the RPL flags. NES may be supported too at some point.

More info coming soon.
country_kid
Scratcher
100+ posts

oxiti8 wrote:

rrgbc V0.20 has added save file support- I'm planning on merging this into Wave soon.

Instead of having the save loading feature be specific to rrgbc, I'm planning to a new icon to the main menu called “Load Save”. By selecting this option, you can load saves in each emulator that supports it. This wouldn't make any sense if only rrgbc supported it though, so Wave-8 will be getting support for it too in the form of saving/loading the RPL flags. NES may be supported too at some point.

More info coming soon.
Nice

:0 -*gasp*
his name is Bob the Evil Kumquat…
he is gasping
because I ate the signature.
when green flag clicked
if <gamedeveloper> then
Make [ Game]
end
co0lcr34t10ns
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I'm still in complete awe. Absolutely insane work, all of you. I don't know what else could prove Scratch's power as a programming language as a whole.

I have a question: If you were to theoretically be able to have the means to maximize Scratch's power, to the absolute limit, would commercial NDS be possible?

I'm a professional forum lurker who likes Vocaloid, retro games, and story writing.

Social Experiment Generation 0: Add this to your signature increase generation by 1 and add the username of the person whose signature you saw this in to this studio

I am the 454th most active TIRAP forumer. Wow! Not surprised in any way though.

I love the OG mods. They are just done with forum trolls.

ScratchcatandGobo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

co0lcr34t10ns wrote:

I'm still in complete awe. Absolutely insane work, all of you. I don't know what else could prove Scratch's power as a programming language as a whole.

I have a question: If you were to theoretically be able to have the means to maximize Scratch's power, to the absolute limit, would commercial NDS be possible?
It would be very hard, and laggy, but yes I don't see why not. It only has 4MB of memory, and 256KB of flash.

Yeah, but at least we've learned something today… that every moment of our life should be lived to the fullest because it can be very long or very short, my friend. - Gumball
I felt like I wanted to develop games on here, so I won't leave! (for now)
(last edited 2/8/24)

co0lcr34t10ns
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ScratchcatandGobo wrote:

co0lcr34t10ns wrote:

It would be very hard, and laggy, but yes I don't see why not. It only has 4MB of memory, and 256KB of flash.
Interesting. Also I had an error, I loaded an NES rom (a homebrew called Hyperbeatz) and after I pressed start it black screened. The game's available to download for free on itchdotio so take a look and see why. The game also ran 1/2 speed but that seems like a limitation.

I'm a professional forum lurker who likes Vocaloid, retro games, and story writing.

Social Experiment Generation 0: Add this to your signature increase generation by 1 and add the username of the person whose signature you saw this in to this studio

co0lcr34t10ns
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I found an audio bug with the game Galaga and Galaxian on GB. https://drive_google_com/file/d/1cty19sl6wFyKZUebFAEAHCphJsCVv73u/view?usp=sharing link needs to be fixed for it to work

INSERT-USER_NAME
Scratcher
1000+ posts

NDS? If i can play Kirby Super Star Ultra on this I am following everyone involved

consider posting here maybe?
hey guys
co0lcr34t10ns
Scratcher
1000+ posts

INSERT-USER_NAME wrote:

NDS? If i can play Kirby Super Star Ultra on this I am following everyone involved
too basic, can only run test games to make sure the ds actually works. It's to the point where:

co0lcr34t10ns wrote:

is the only way in heck it's happening.
Edit: The hex converter site runs out of memory when you try to convert the ROM and dies. So it won't work.

Last edited by co0lcr34t10ns (Jan. 17, 2024 19:29:28)

oxiti8
Scratcher
1000+ posts

co0lcr34t10ns wrote:

INSERT-USER_NAME wrote:

too basic, can only run test games to make sure the ds actually works. It's to the point where:

co0lcr34t10ns wrote:

Edit: The hex converter site runs out of memory when you try to convert the ROM and dies. So it won't work.
That's probably your pc running out of ram.

commercial nds is possible it just needs a lot of work

Last edited by oxiti8 (Jan. 18, 2024 00:45:32)

co0lcr34t10ns
Scratcher
1000+ posts

oxiti8 wrote:

co0lcr34t10ns wrote:

INSERT-USER_NAME wrote:

co0lcr34t10ns wrote:

That's probably your pc running out of ram.
acer aspire 5 being not the best laptop in the world once again. Also either tomorrow or monday I'll show this to my science teacher, trick him into thinking it's a regular Scratch project, and then click on Downloads, and 2048.gb will shine at the top in all of it's glory.

williamisthebest2011
Scratcher
12 posts

website crashes every time i try to convert
co0lcr34t10ns
Scratcher
1000+ posts

williamisthebest2011 wrote:

Any NDS game aside from TinyFB will crash the converter. It's funny, because of this no one really knows just how powerful the DS emu is.

oxiti8
Scratcher
1000+ posts

co0lcr34t10ns wrote:

williamisthebest2011 wrote:

Any NDS game aside from TinyFB will crash the converter. It's funny, because of this no one really knows just how powerful the DS emu is.
nah we pretty much know it only runs TinyFB and modded variants of it
oxiti8
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Wave V1.1.0 out now!

A new major release being dropped out of nowhere almost a year after V1.0? It's more likely than you may think.

This version is mainly about one major feature: game saves! Now you can keep your pokemon/zelda II/Mother 1/whatever saves as codes on your pc, and load them into Wave whenever you want to load your save file and continue where you left off.

Two emulators currently support the save feature: rrGBC, and for the first time, Cool NES! Wave's rrGBC save codes are cross-compatible with standalone rrGBC. The standalone version of Cool NES 2.4 lacks the save code feature, making it Wave-exclusive.

rrGBC has been updated to V0.41, bringing the aforementioned saves and also things like RTC support. On top of that, the FPS counter and title display from DualGB have been reimplemented.

As I alluded to in the past, this version doesn't have a new project url- it's been dropped on top of V1.0's project, so the url is the same: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/824826123/

Go check it out now!
co0lcr34t10ns
Scratcher
1000+ posts

oxiti8 wrote:

Wave V1.1.0 out now!
-snip-
Awesome, been looking forward to a new update. Also full microbit support for GB when? (Is it even possible?)

oxiti8
Scratcher
1000+ posts

co0lcr34t10ns wrote:

oxiti8 wrote:

Wave V1.1.0 out now!
-snip-
Awesome, been looking forward to a new update. Also full microbit support for GB when? (Is it even possible?)
define “support”
co0lcr34t10ns
Scratcher
1000+ posts

oxiti8 wrote:

co0lcr34t10ns wrote:

oxiti8 wrote:

Wave V1.1.0 out now!
-snip-
define “support”
You can play gb with microbit without struggling to press any button. With tilt controls maybe

• Discussion Forums
  • » Advanced Topics
  • » Wave Multi-Emulator Collaboration- Emulating CHIP-8, GBC, NES, NDS, Intel 8080, and more all in one Scratch Project. - V1.1.0 out now! [RSS Feed]