Discuss Scratch

• Discussion Forums
  • » Advanced Topics
  • » Wave Multi-Emulator Collaboration- Emulating CHIP-8, GBC, NES, NDS, Intel 8080, and more all in one Scratch Project. - V1.1.0 out now! [RSS Feed]
TCV2
New to Scratch
60 posts

Wave Multi-Emulator Collaboration- Emulating CHIP-8, GBC, NES, NDS, Intel 8080, and more all in one Scratch Project. - V1.1.0 out now!

WojtekGame wrote:

Wow can it run assembly

200th post
201st post actually.
This is 202nd post.
Redstone1080
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Wave Multi-Emulator Collaboration- Emulating CHIP-8, GBC, NES, NDS, Intel 8080, and more all in one Scratch Project. - V1.1.0 out now!

TCV2 wrote:

WojtekGame wrote:

Wow can it run assembly

200th post
201st post actually.
This is 202nd post.
You're wrong. THIS is the 202nd post.

Anyways any plans for other emulators?

const juniper = programmer && musician;
// my pronouns are she/her
// i am trans and bi :P
// you can call me june or juni for short but i prefer juniper
python version:
juniper = programmer and musician
# my pronouns are she/her
# i am trans and bi :P
# you can call me june or juni for short but i prefer juniper
WojtekGame
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Redstone1080 wrote:

TCV2 wrote:

WojtekGame wrote:

Wow can it run assembly

200th post
201st post actually.
This is 202nd post.

also it's how forums work, i meant by the #num on the right side, not the number on ats.

and strikethoughed some text because this is some pure hate i see right here.

forgot to update sig, i own minecraft months ago lol
JS: code-gui | scratch-player | Roost.js | Pandoa | TOP: Roost.js || C++: Gamine | Gamiinuu | TOP: Gamine
Else: Emoji Painter | Forum Shopping Mall | TOP: Emoji Painter || Profile:Scratch | GitHub
Orgs: Chroast | Twerkish | Komond OS | JS Inventions | TOP: JS Inventions || Ocular Naming: 0 | 1 | 2 | 3
Games: Mom Hid My Game! | Creeper Adventuring
else might be outdated or removed by the ST.
TCV2
New to Scratch
60 posts

Redstone1080 wrote:

TCV2 wrote:

WojtekGame wrote:

Wow can it run assembly

200th post
201st post actually.
This is 202nd post.

Yours is the 202nd post and this is the 203rd post.
oxiti8
Scratcher
1000+ posts

TCV2 wrote:

oxiti8 wrote:

Alright, I added the rom importer. it doesnt let you do split files like in wave, so for space invaders you’ll need to combine the h,g,f, and e files yourself or use a precombined version.
Interesting…

I have added a “Performance Mode” to the GUI. You can toggle it off and on to toggle off and on my edits, in performance mode, you will lose functionality but will have more performance.

I also added a list called PERFORMANCE LOGS to see the performance

I did a GUI remake too. I will soon (hopefully today or tomorrow) release a remix hopefully

This is a project with some screenshots:
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/849468483/

Click Space to advance to the next screenshot

The average fps counter is intriguing- how often does it update? The current fps counter in si8080 changes every frame, and the variable monitor updating so fast does have a significant performance impact.

WojtekGame wrote:

Wow can it run assembly

200th post
If you’re asking whether it can run uncompiled 8080 assembly, it can not. It can only run compiled programs.
WojtekGame
Scratcher
1000+ posts

oxiti8 wrote:

TCV2 wrote:

oxiti8 wrote:

Alright, I added the rom importer. it doesnt let you do split files like in wave, so for space invaders you’ll need to combine the h,g,f, and e files yourself or use a precombined version.
Interesting…

I have added a “Performance Mode” to the GUI. You can toggle it off and on to toggle off and on my edits, in performance mode, you will lose functionality but will have more performance.

I did a GUI remake too. I will soon (hopefully today or tomorrow) release a remix hopefully

The average fps counter is intriguing- how often does it update? The current fps counter in si8080 changes every frame, and the variable monitor updating so fast does have a significant performance impact.

WojtekGame wrote:

Wow can it run assembly

200th post
If you’re asking whether it can run uncompiled 8080 assembly, it can not. It can only run compiled programs.
some assembly that can nasm compile
idk how assembly is now but probably less people use it.

forgot to update sig, i own minecraft months ago lol
JS: code-gui | scratch-player | Roost.js | Pandoa | TOP: Roost.js || C++: Gamine | Gamiinuu | TOP: Gamine
Else: Emoji Painter | Forum Shopping Mall | TOP: Emoji Painter || Profile:Scratch | GitHub
Orgs: Chroast | Twerkish | Komond OS | JS Inventions | TOP: JS Inventions || Ocular Naming: 0 | 1 | 2 | 3
Games: Mom Hid My Game! | Creeper Adventuring
else might be outdated or removed by the ST.
TCV2
New to Scratch
60 posts

oxiti8 wrote:

TCV2 wrote:

oxiti8 wrote:

Interesting…

Every time the performance logs update. The logs updated every 0.001 second (not 0 second/screen refresh since it is too laggy)

Last edited by TCV2 (May 11, 2023 19:44:03)

oxiti8
Scratcher
1000+ posts

WojtekGame wrote:

oxiti8 wrote:

TCV2 wrote:

Interesting…

WojtekGame wrote:

Wow can it run assembly

200th post
some assembly that can nasm compile
idk how assembly is now but probably less people use it.
Assembly is different for every platform. Saying “can it run assembly” isn’t very specific.

Last edited by oxiti8 (May 11, 2023 19:46:42)

oxiti8
Scratcher
1000+ posts

TCV2 wrote:

oxiti8 wrote:

TCV2 wrote:

oxiti8 wrote:

Interesting…

Every time the performance logs update. The logs updated every 0.001 second (not 0 second/screen refresh since it is too laggy)
0.001 seconds is less than a frame at 60 fps… meaning there effectively isn't much improvement there. I think the ideal timing would be to update once every second

Redstone1080 wrote:

TCV2 wrote:

WojtekGame wrote:

Wow can it run assembly

200th post
201st post actually.
This is 202nd post.
I

I have no plans for new emulators at the moment.

Last edited by oxiti8 (May 11, 2023 19:53:51)

TCV2
New to Scratch
60 posts

oxiti8 wrote:

TCV2 wrote:

oxiti8 wrote:

TCV2 wrote:

oxiti8 wrote:

Interesting…

0.001 seconds is less than a frame at 60 fps… meaning there effectively isn't much improvement there. I think the ideal timing would be to update once every second
I was actually thinking about that.
Do you have any other things to say.

Last edited by TCV2 (May 11, 2023 19:58:10)

TCV2
New to Scratch
60 posts

Working on a little project…
I have remixed my edits…
oxiti8
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Good news- I finally found out how to get 8080EXER/8080EXM not caught in an infinite loop- turns out interrupts were being triggered when they shouldn't have been. I also fixed the endianness of what bits played what sounds in space invaders, so now the correct sounds are played. sounds are still playing repeatedly but that can be fixed by keeping a record of when bits flip, so i'll work on that next.

The bad news is that 8080EXM/8080EXER take several hours to complete on real hardware, and with SI8080 not running at much more than 4-5x the speed of real hardware, it still takes ages to get results… as I type this I'm still waiting on the aluop <b,c,d,e,h,l,m,a> tests to finish.

oxiti8
Scratcher
1000+ posts

country_kid
Scratcher
100+ posts

oxiti8 wrote:

Redid the way subtraction works, CPUTEST works now!
YIPPIE!!

:0 -*gasp*
his name is Bob the Evil Kumquat…
he is gasping
because I ate the signature.
when green flag clicked
if <gamedeveloper> then
Make [ Game]
end
ose737
Scratcher
4 posts

Hi, whenever I load New super Mario bros ds It justs says numbers.

can you help me?
oxiti8
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ose737 wrote:

can you help me?

DS is very minimal, retail games won’t run
MagicCrayon9342
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Is it OK if I make this into a desktop app?

oxiti8
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

for personal use, go ahead. If you're going to make a public distribution, wait for V1.0.0.
MagicCrayon9342
Scratcher
1000+ posts

oxiti8 wrote:

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

for personal use, go ahead. If you're going to make a public distribution, wait for V1.0.0.
Ok

country_kid
Scratcher
100+ posts

oxiti8 wrote:

ose737 wrote:

can you help me?

DS is very minimal, retail games won’t run
Numbers: the Game

:0 -*gasp*
his name is Bob the Evil Kumquat…
he is gasping
because I ate the signature.
when green flag clicked
if <gamedeveloper> then
Make [ Game]
end
  • Discussion Forums
  • » Advanced Topics
  • » Wave Multi-Emulator Collaboration- Emulating CHIP-8, GBC, NES, NDS, Intel 8080, and more all in one Scratch Project. - V1.1.0 out now! [RSS Feed]