Discuss Scratch

Ihatr
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Questions About Scratch Directory (Please Don't Ask Questions Here!)

Super_Scratch_Bros20 wrote:

I think you should add “how much blood is allowed in a project”. I've actually searched it, and it's been asked many times.

The answer is what it says in the wiki here. I had recently gotten the answer, and I included it in reference 3.

Lol, hello? Red, I know you're online, and you've been online while this post was here…

Did you miss this? Sorry! I just think it could be beneficial.
I think red's just busy, and might not be checking this sticky.

this is a link
xXRedTheCoderXx
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I think you should add “how much blood is allowed in a project”. I've actually searched it, and it's been asked many times.

The answer is what it says in the wiki here. I had recently gotten the answer, and I included it in reference 3.
Added!

SausageMcSauce
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Andresmh is misspelled in the ‘Who first created Scratch’ question. Also, I think ‘HTML stops working’ in the 4.0 question could be changed to ‘JavaScript is planned to go obsolete’ (or something along the lines) because JavaScript likely makes up the majority of the editor and the Scratch Team created 2.0 in advance for Flash’s discontinuation.
-S29-
Scratcher
1 post

I have a question, and I think that this is the correct place to ask it. Forgive me if this isn't, I'm kind of new to forums :p anyways, would it be okay If I were to take project “data” like loves, favorites, views, loves per day, etcetera, insert it into a list, and then try to recreate the trending algorithm? like find out how many loves favorites views, and more you would need a day to get on trending. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to create a project like this, so thank you!

- -S29-
xXRedTheCoderXx
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-S29- wrote:

I have a question, and I think that this is the correct place to ask it. Forgive me if this isn't, I'm kind of new to forums :p anyways, would it be okay If I were to take project “data” like loves, favorites, views, loves per day, etcetera, insert it into a list, and then try to recreate the trending algorithm? like find out how many loves favorites views, and more you would need a day to get on trending. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to create a project like this, so thank you!

- -S29-
I don't see anything wrong with that.

But, you posted this in the wrong place. Next time you have a question, post it by clicking the “New Topic” button on the Questions about Scratch homepage.

Last edited by xXRedTheCoderXx (Jan. 21, 2021 15:43:45)

NotDucki_
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I will ask a question here, how often are you working on the sticky? (out of curiousity)

Semi Active moment
Oshi No Ko - Topic vv

That moment when you got PENTA-NINJA'D dustbinned D:
Highlight this text and press CTRL Shift Down and please tell me what post this was from

spocite wrote:

Za-Chary wrote:

bobcat0701 wrote:

we could just ask gobo scratch cat and griffpatch to force the st to add these in because gobo scratch cat and griffpatch rule the world
You would be surprised to hear that they do not. Even Scratch Cat has to discuss features with us to make sure they're good — it's called the Scratch Team, after all.

Yeah, but we all know griffpatch secretly runs the scratch team; I mean, he’s GRIFFPATCH. It would be outright dumb to not have griffpatch on the team. But, since it’s impossible for a human to make such good projects, it has to be either Scratch Cat, Gobo, Pico, and the other one. It has to be Scratch Cat, because the other one is too obscure, Pico is to busy making records, and Gobo is, well, Gobo. So, Scratch Cat in fact DOES have all the power, and the scratch team is a hoax made by NASA to distract from the fact that the moon landing was fake, the earth is flat, the government is run by lizard people, and spocite is a serial killer.

Furthermore, all the “Scratch Team members” are also fake. I mean, @Paddle2See is a robot designed to reject suggestions, @Za-Chary is, well, he might be held hostage by Gobo, I have no idea about him… All the rest though, they’re just actors…
NamelessCat
Scratcher
100+ posts

xXRedTheCoderXx wrote:
Is “Rickrolling” allowed on Scratch?

I'll take that as a yes. -_-

The forums scare me, but I still come on here from time to time.

I'm fine.
NotDucki_
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SausageMcSauce wrote:

Scratch Team created 2.0 in advance for Flash’s discontinuation.
[joke]huh? weird. I thought 2.0 was made because it was better than Squeak. I thought I remembered 3.0 being released in preparation for Flash's discontinuation, but I guess I was wrong[/joke]

Semi Active moment
Oshi No Ko - Topic vv

That moment when you got PENTA-NINJA'D dustbinned D:
Highlight this text and press CTRL Shift Down and please tell me what post this was from

spocite wrote:

Za-Chary wrote:

bobcat0701 wrote:

we could just ask gobo scratch cat and griffpatch to force the st to add these in because gobo scratch cat and griffpatch rule the world
You would be surprised to hear that they do not. Even Scratch Cat has to discuss features with us to make sure they're good — it's called the Scratch Team, after all.

Yeah, but we all know griffpatch secretly runs the scratch team; I mean, he’s GRIFFPATCH. It would be outright dumb to not have griffpatch on the team. But, since it’s impossible for a human to make such good projects, it has to be either Scratch Cat, Gobo, Pico, and the other one. It has to be Scratch Cat, because the other one is too obscure, Pico is to busy making records, and Gobo is, well, Gobo. So, Scratch Cat in fact DOES have all the power, and the scratch team is a hoax made by NASA to distract from the fact that the moon landing was fake, the earth is flat, the government is run by lizard people, and spocite is a serial killer.

Furthermore, all the “Scratch Team members” are also fake. I mean, @Paddle2See is a robot designed to reject suggestions, @Za-Chary is, well, he might be held hostage by Gobo, I have no idea about him… All the rest though, they’re just actors…
Scratcher
1000+ posts

xXRedTheCoderXx wrote:

Q: Who is gdpr000001?
A: GDPR is a set of European laws that gives users the ability to wipe every bit of data about them on any website. What scratch does when a user wants to wipe their data is they set the username to GDPRXXXXXX, and resets the birth date and country of the user.
I think you mean join date (but a birth month and year is also asked for during signup), but you forgot to add a 0 in gdpr000001 and an X in GDPRXXXXXX.

Last edited by 46009361 (Feb. 23, 2021 04:54:18)

Inspired by coder2045—which, in turn, got inspired by Mr_PenguinAlex.
What's wrong with these blocks? There are zero mistakes because no round has started yet. Beware that some of the mistakes don't relate to the Scratch blocks below.
// No round has started yet.
Be the first to comment all of the mistakes on my profile correctly and you'll get a love! You can't comment any mistakes right now because there are none!
Futurebot5
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I think you should add “why was _ banned” to Section 4.

So…hello, ou bonjour, o hola, o ciao, oder hallo.

zeoul
Scratcher
24 posts

i was just talking to someone about who was the first scratcher and they said it was @mres but hes a st member so im not sure if that counts, does it?

hello fellow human being
mybearworld
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bump test.

Signatures are the only place where assets links still work.
dhfbei8987
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Correction: a scratch team member said that blacklisted franchises’ characters doing something like eating pizza would not be NFE.

An advocate for, well, a lot of stuff.

TODAY's hot debate topic: Should we return in-person or no?

The semicolon is back, but not because it's April fools.

proud owner of shadesofllfe, a namesnipe.

Oi Boiz Im 87th 70th in suggestions!

In a world where a majority are against me…
I STAND TO FIGHT BACK AN PROVE THEM WRONG!!!
An animation, to release in a few months…

500 posts yay!
1000 posts WOOHOO!
LEARN HOW TO MAKE A THUMBNAIL HERE

My WIWO might be a trend?!!!

Working on my website.

How Did I acquire @cheddagirl's old Signature???!!!!!

Scratcher
11 posts

hey guys I really want to be a scratcher. Is there a shortcut or something to getting to be one???
MBZ_901
Scratcher
100+ posts

Is “Rickrolling” allowed on Scratch?

This is a very helpful topic! If we didn't have it, what would we do?

@MBZ_901 ✦ Roleplaying ✦ Stories ✦ Games ✦

Replying to Multiple People - Scratch Suggestion
Dark Of The Night - Wings of Fire Roleplay
The Warriors Alliance - Warriors Roleplay

MBZ_901
Scratcher
100+ posts

Can you add how to add colors to your forum posts? A lot of Scratchers (including me a hour ago) don't know.

@MBZ_901 ✦ Roleplaying ✦ Stories ✦ Games ✦

Replying to Multiple People - Scratch Suggestion
Dark Of The Night - Wings of Fire Roleplay
The Warriors Alliance - Warriors Roleplay

Scratcher
11 posts

hey does anyone have a tutorial or a function of how to make it so i can see other players moving while i am playing the game?
scott170
Scratcher
84 posts

270389 wrote:

hey does anyone have a tutorial or a function of how to make it so i can see other players moving while i am playing the game?
try searching cloud game tutorial, but if its not what you want, then idk what u mean.
TheTrillion
Scratcher
500+ posts

Please-dont-hack wrote:

Has Anyone Played Scratch For A Year?? I Think Someone played for so many years
Hi! Please don't ask questions in this topic. Instead, go to the Questions about Scratch subforum, click the blue title and you will see the “New topic” button. Click that, type your title at the small rectangular box and ask your question and some more details if needed in the larger box then post it. But I'll answer it anyway. Yes, there are plenty of people who have used Scratch for a year or longer. (example) A year isn't that long.
Flowermanvista
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Please-dont-hack wrote:

Has Anyone Played Scratch For A Year?? I Think Someone played for so many years
Welcome to Scratch! I've been a member of the site for almost 10 years at this point, but there's people who have been around for even longer than that.

I just want to note that you've been posting in the “Questions about Scratch Directory”, which is a topic intended to list frequently asked questions, and answers to them, on the Questions about Scratch forum. You seem to be trying to use it to chat with others - however, the Scratch Forums are intended for focused, structured discussion about specific topics, and general chat unfortunately isn't allowed here. (You are free to chat with others in comments on a profile, studio, or project.) In the future, you should only post on this topic if you have a suggestion as to how to improve the directory, such as a question that you think should be added to it.

I also noticed that you were using the “Scratchblocks”, which allow you to put Scratch blocks in your forum posts. These are intended primarily for illustrating a Scratch script for cases where you are asking for help with a script, or when suggesting a new block to be added. If you want to test out the Scratchblocks and learn how they work, you can do that here.

In any case, since you're new here, I highly recommend checking out this guide, as it gives a very good rundown of how things work here on the forums.

(Note that the following is my signature - it appears automatically below all of my posts. You can tell where a post ends and where a signature starts because there is a grey line separating them. You can put anything you want in a signature - including advertisements for your projects or forum topics. To get your own signature, follow the instructions here.)

Last edited by Flowermanvista (April 28, 2021 14:10:17)

Add a SPOOKY SKELETON to your project!

The Scratch 3 Project Save Troubleshooter - find out why your project won't save

ST, Please Add A Warning When A Size Limit Is Exceeded

My Dumb Creations - THE BEST ANIMATION | The Windows 98 Experience (made on Windows 98) | nobody cares about Me… | the2000 Reveals His New Profile Picture | Not Dumb Creations - Ten Years
Ctrl+Shift+Down for more…
Do evil kumquats keep eating your signature? Assert your dominance and eat the evil kumquats. Did you know that kumquats are only about the size of an olive?