Discuss Scratch

ThatOneWeirdDude
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Questions About Scratch Directory (Please Don't Ask Questions Here!)

dftyu wrote:

geometric_ghast wrote:

xXRedTheCoderXx wrote:

dftyu wrote:

xXRedTheCoderXx wrote:

dftyu wrote:

no, it's from june of 2020 https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/418825/?page=1#post-4178864
I saw that post - and that's not asking about x__0. It's in the TIRAP forum.

I mean, I guess that could count depending on how you look at it.

Also, because x__0 is an existing user, wouldn't that be gossiping?
but, how many questions about gdpr000somthing1 have u seen?
More than x__0, that's for sure.

Anyway, I think I'm just going to add x__0, the only thing I'm still concerned about is whether it's considered gossiping.
I wouldn't think so. That person hasn't had any activity in over 5 months, and you aren't providing any theories in it. I would consider that good to add, just not if you should add it.
there is one semi-confirmed theory, that x__0 is @Dyaros. (dead link)
A theory is still a theory unless it is proven to be 100% fact with lots of evidence.
geometric_ghast
Scratcher
1000+ posts

dftyu wrote:

geometric_ghast wrote:

xXRedTheCoderXx wrote:

dftyu wrote:

xXRedTheCoderXx wrote:

dftyu wrote:

no, it's from june of 2020 https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/418825/?page=1#post-4178864
I saw that post - and that's not asking about x__0. It's in the TIRAP forum.

I mean, I guess that could count depending on how you look at it.

Also, because x__0 is an existing user, wouldn't that be gossiping?
but, how many questions about gdpr000somthing1 have u seen?
More than x__0, that's for sure.

Anyway, I think I'm just going to add x__0, the only thing I'm still concerned about is whether it's considered gossiping.
I wouldn't think so. That person hasn't had any activity in over 5 months, and you aren't providing any theories in it. I would consider that good to add, just not if you should add it.
there is one semi-confirmed theory, that x__0 is @Dyaros. (dead link)
It's still not proven, and since this topic is made for mostly factual things, I wouldn't add it until it's been 100% proven, which it doesn't look like it has

I'm at @Ihatr. If you see this, check me there
xXRedTheCoderXx
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Okay guys, I will add a bit about x__0, but it won't mention anything about @Dyaros. Sound good?

fdreerf
Scratcher
1000+ posts

xXRedTheCoderXx wrote:

Okay guys, I will add a bit about x__0, but it won't mention anything about @Dyaros. Sound good?
I don't think they are significant enough to be added, mainly because I don't know who they are.

Hyped for MS-DOS 11.0
geometric_ghast
Scratcher
1000+ posts

xXRedTheCoderXx wrote:

That seems good. (P.S: I'd much rather have gdprxxxxxxx then x__0, since x__0 is becoming less relevant over time.

xXRedTheCoderXx
Scratcher
1000+ posts

fdreerf wrote:

I don't think they are significant enough to be added, mainly because I don't know who they are.

geometric_ghast wrote:

x__0 is becoming less relevant over time.
Okay, now I don't know whether to add them anymore.

Last edited by xXRedTheCoderXx (Aug. 25, 2020 21:46:41)

mtech22
Scratcher
1000+ posts

xXRedTheCoderXx wrote:

fdreerf wrote:

geometric_ghast wrote:

Maybe, if you see another topic about them you can add it? I remember seeing a topic about it once

aII toasters toast toast, but what happens when there are no longer toasters being produced? will their technology simply become obsolete, with humans moving onto bigger, better things? will toast become a distant memory, written in textbooks of the future as foods us simpler generations ate? who's to say! society is constantly moving, changing, evolving, ideas being built upon, improved upon, theories being proven or disproven. are we but a blip on the timeline? sure, our names may not be remembered, but that's not the point. you can make a change. you can make a difference. you can make the world better, even if you don't know yet. and the first step is to go for it. even if you are afraid of failure. going back to the example of toasters, do you know off the top of your head who invented them? no? have you used one? probably. so, even if you don't remember my name, if I was able to help awnser your question, that is enough. if I was able to help you, even in the slightest way, this could push you to continue with scratch and not give up after the program crashes, and maybe one day learn other programming languages and change the world. everything is a cause and effect reaction, new inventions lead to the technology of the future, and even as the generations of the past are slowly forgotten, their influence lives on to this day, affecting how the world eventually turned out and how it will be for generations to come.

and, without toasters, we wouldn't have toast.
geometric_ghast
Scratcher
1000+ posts

xXRedTheCoderXx wrote:

fdreerf wrote:

geometric_ghast wrote:

It's up to you. After all, you are the sticky owner

xXRedTheCoderXx
Scratcher
1000+ posts

geometric_ghast wrote:

Hmm… I'm on the fence with this one

*intense thinking noises*

After a long time of thinking (a couple minutes) I have decided the following:

I believe that they are not relative enough to be placed on this list as of now. However, if a genuine post is made asking about x__0 is made in less month from the time of this being posted (or if somebody finds and shows me a topic genuinely asking about x__0 that was made less than one month before this post was made), I will have another thought and possibly add them to the list.

I think that sounds okay.

Last edited by xXRedTheCoderXx (Aug. 25, 2020 21:54:43)

geometric_ghast
Scratcher
1000+ posts

xXRedTheCoderXx wrote:

geometric_ghast wrote:

Hmm… I'm on the fence with this one

*intense thinking noises*

After a long time of thinking (a couple minutes) I have decided the following:

I believe that they are not relative enough to be placed on this list as of now. However, if a genuine post is made asking about x__0 is made in less month from the time of this being posted, I will have another thought and possibly add them to the list.

I think that sounds okay.
That seems good! Keep up the great work on the sticky.

xXRedTheCoderXx
Scratcher
1000+ posts

geometric_ghast wrote:

That seems good! Keep up the great work on the sticky.
Thanks!

(by the way, I edited the requirements a tiny bit)

ANORDQ2324
Scratcher
11 posts

Congrats for Sticky
xXRedTheCoderXx
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ANORDQ2324 wrote:

Congrats for Sticky
Thank you!

-Zyte-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Congrats on the sticky!
*cough* *cough* some ST member still hasn't got back to me about my guide on wether it will just continue to get bumped or closed or stickied *cough* *cough*

its been a while
xXRedTheCoderXx
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-Zyte- wrote:

Congrats on the sticky!
Thanks!

-Zyte- wrote:

*cough* *cough* some ST member still hasn't got back to me about my guide on wether it will just continue to get bumped or closed or stickied *cough* *cough*
Oof, well only time will tell.

Byron_Inc
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I suggest adding the policies of YouTube to Section 0.

Planning on coming back soon.
-Zyte-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Byron_Inc wrote:

Youtube ToU wrote:

Permissions and Restrictions:

You may access and use the Service as made available to you, as long as you comply with this Agreement and applicable law. You may view or listen to Content for your personal, non-commercial use. You may also show YouTube videos through the embeddable YouTube player.

The following restrictions apply to your use of the Service. You are not allowed to:

1. access, reproduce, download, distribute, transmit, broadcast, display, sell, license, alter, modify or otherwise use any part of the Service or any Content except: (a) as expressly authorized by the Service; or (b) with prior written permission from YouTube and, if applicable, the respective rights holders;
here it is

its been a while
xXRedTheCoderXx
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-Zyte- wrote:

Byron_Inc wrote:

Youtube ToU wrote:

You may access and use the Service as made available to you, as long as you comply with this Agreement and applicable law. You may view or listen to Content for your personal, non-commercial use. You may also show YouTube videos through the embeddable YouTube player.

The following restrictions apply to your use of the Service. You are not allowed to:

1. access, reproduce, download, distribute, transmit, broadcast, display, sell, license, alter, modify or otherwise use any part of the Service or any Content except: (a) as expressly authorized by the Service; or (b) with prior written permission from YouTube and, if applicable, the respective rights holders;
here it is
Thanks, but I don't think that's what he means.

Bryon_Inc, do you mean like the rules for sharing videos on YouTube videos, livestreams, and channels on Scratch? That's in moderating Scratch.

ThatOneWeirdDude
Scratcher
1000+ posts

xXRedTheCoderXx wrote:

-Zyte- wrote:

Byron_Inc wrote:

Youtube ToU wrote:

here it is
Thanks, but I don't think that's what he means.

Bryon_Inc, do you mean like the rules for sharing videos on YouTube videos, livestreams, and channels on Scratch? That's in moderating Scratch.
They mean that you should add a question about Youtube to Mp3's and how it breaks the policies.
xXRedTheCoderXx
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ThatOneWeirdDude wrote:

They mean that you should add a question about Youtube to Mp3's and how it breaks the policies.
Oh, I guess that makes sense. I will, then, however I don't see it asked that often.