Discuss Scratch

ThatOneWeirdDude
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Questions About Scratch Directory (Please Don't Ask Questions Here!)

xXRedTheCoderXx wrote:

ThatOneWeirdDude wrote:

They mean that you should add a question about Youtube to Mp3's and how it breaks the policies.
Oh, I guess that makes sense. I will, then, however I don't see it asked that often.
It isn't asked often, but many people on the forums keep suggesting for users to use YT to Mp3 sites when they ask how to get music for their games, and some questions directly about it are starting to appear.
xXRedTheCoderXx
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ThatOneWeirdDude wrote:

It isn't asked often, but many people on the forums keep suggesting for users to use YT to Mp3 sites when they ask how to get music for their games, and some questions directly about it are starting to appear.
True. Well, I've added it.

dftyu
Scratcher
500+ posts

does a necropost about x__0 count? https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/325521/

the VERY first scratch project RE RELEASED over here!
We're not evil! Why does everyone think we're evil? we ate signatures a long time ago! not now!
-Nice Kumquat, Interviewed
First dustbinned post! https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/412/?page=3617#post-4604822
this is called a signature, but barely any people write a signature in their signature. lol, neither do i!
Was banned for quite a while, does anyone remember me?
mtech22
Scratcher
1000+ posts

dftyu wrote:

does a necropost about x__0 count? https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/325521/
Probably not, because necroposts are unconstructive, and it's not a new post.

aII toasters toast toast, but what happens when there are no longer toasters being produced? will their technology simply become obsolete, with humans moving onto bigger, better things? will toast become a distant memory, written in textbooks of the future as foods us simpler generations ate? who's to say! society is constantly moving, changing, evolving, ideas being built upon, improved upon, theories being proven or disproven. are we but a blip on the timeline? sure, our names may not be remembered, but that's not the point. you can make a change. you can make a difference. you can make the world better, even if you don't know yet. and the first step is to go for it. even if you are afraid of failure. going back to the example of toasters, do you know off the top of your head who invented them? no? have you used one? probably. so, even if you don't remember my name, if I was able to help awnser your question, that is enough. if I was able to help you, even in the slightest way, this could push you to continue with scratch and not give up after the program crashes, and maybe one day learn other programming languages and change the world. everything is a cause and effect reaction, new inventions lead to the technology of the future, and even as the generations of the past are slowly forgotten, their influence lives on to this day, affecting how the world eventually turned out and how it will be for generations to come.

and, without toasters, we wouldn't have toast.
xXRedTheCoderXx
Scratcher
1000+ posts

dftyu wrote:

No, a new topic has to be made. Sorry if there was any confusion.

Last edited by xXRedTheCoderXx (Aug. 31, 2020 23:43:52)

cr453216
Scratcher
13 posts

could there be a special area on scratch for fnaf and other stuff because a lot of people want to make other stuff like that

Last edited by cr453216 (Sept. 2, 2020 19:02:19)

HELP MEEEE IDK KNOW
aff
LIKE BAD PROJECTS/]? THEN LOOK AT MY ACCOUNT
say [HELLO I AM HAVING A GOOD LIFE]
say [among me distraction dance] for (2) secs
:mad: The file failed to load :/
hsamo
New to Scratch
12 posts

Nice job! Congrats to get sticky.
4096bits
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Could you also add about the #FreeScratch and #UnbanScratch movement thing as something like: “What is #FreeScratch or #UnbanScratch?”
oh, and we're on the news. again.

I've moved on to Snap!. Click here to learn more. No, it's not a joke.
xXRedTheCoderXx
Scratcher
1000+ posts

4096bits wrote:

Could you also add about the #FreeScratch and #UnbanScratch movement thing as something like: “What is #FreeScratch or #UnbanScratch?”
Interesting idea. I guess I'll add it, but in a bit. I'm a tad bit busy currently.

hsamo wrote:

Nice job! Congrats to get sticky.
Thank you!

pavcato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Under the “What is the Scratch Wiki?” question, you forgot to put a W in Wiki.

xXRedTheCoderXx
Scratcher
1000+ posts

pavcato wrote:

Under the “What is the Scratch Wiki?” question, you forgot to put a W in Wiki.
Thanks for letting me know!

P.S. but next time please don't say stuff like “you forgot to put,” instead, say something like, “there isn't,” just to prevent blaming it on anyone. :)

xXRedTheCoderXx
Scratcher
1000+ posts

xXRedTheCoderXx wrote:

Q: What are the rules for sharing my opinion here on Scratch?
A: Scratch welcomes people of all ages, races, ethnicities, religions, abilities, sexual orientations, and gender identities. In order to keep the site welcoming to those users and make them feel comfortable, the ST removes any sort of comment that could offend these people. The ST respects your opinion, and you are welcome here, but the ST would prefer if you not share your opinion if it could offend someone. The ST does not and will not force their beliefs upon you, they just want to help keep the site welcoming to new scratchers. If your opinion doesn't line up with the ST's exactly, you can still respectfully express it if you don't actively go after people for those beliefs.
So… when should I get rid of this question? (It's in the temporary questions section)

I copied and pasted it from the old FAQ, and I have no idea how long it's been there or why.

garnetluvcookie
Scratcher
1000+ posts

xXRedTheCoderXx wrote:

xXRedTheCoderXx wrote:

A: Scratch welcomes people of all ages, races, ethnicities, religions, abilities, sexual orientations, and gender identities. In order to keep the site welcoming to those users and make them feel comfortable, the ST removes any sort of comment that could offend these people. The ST respects your opinion, and you are welcome here, but the ST would prefer if you not share your opinion if it could offend someone. The ST does not and will not force their beliefs upon you, they just want to help keep the site welcoming to new scratchers. If your opinion doesn't line up with the ST's exactly, you can still respectfully express it if you don't actively go after people for those beliefs.
So… when should I get rid of this question? (It's in the temporary questions section)

I copied and pasted it from the old FAQ, and I have no idea how long it's been there or why.
It's been there for like 3 weeks and I haven't seen a topic on it for a loong time. You should remove it.

xXRedTheCoderXx
Scratcher
1000+ posts

garnetluvcookie wrote:

xXRedTheCoderXx wrote:

xXRedTheCoderXx wrote:

It's been there for like 3 weeks and I haven't seen a topic on it for a loong time. You should remove it.
Alright then.

4096bits
Scratcher
1000+ posts

xXRedTheCoderXx wrote:

4096bits wrote:

Interesting idea. I guess I'll add it, but in a bit. I'm a tad bit busy currently.
Thanks for adding it!
whoo 80th post!

Last edited by 4096bits (Sept. 16, 2020 00:04:09)

I've moved on to Snap!. Click here to learn more. No, it's not a joke.
sy020809
Scratcher
2 posts

Q: What are the rules on FNAF projects?
A: FNAF projects are all automatically marked NFE, to play it safe. You may not make any FNAF project that contains jumpscares, as even with warnings, a child may not know what they are getting into. You can make games featuring FNAF characters, as long as there are no jumpscares, but they will still be marked NFE to again, play it safe.

Can I make a game that is related to FNAF, but has many funny aspects to them? (Like a spoof.)
For example, instead of a jumpscare for a game over, there will be a funny audio and screen?
fdreerf
Scratcher
1000+ posts

sy020809 wrote:

I make a game that is related to FNAF, but has many funny aspects to them? (Like a spoof.)
For example, instead of a jumpscare for a game over, there will be a funny audio and screen?
Anything and everything related to FNAF will eventually get NFE'd.
It's not like it's much of a bad thing though unless you're guaranteed to get front paged or on top search results.

Hyped for MS-DOS 11.0
xXRedTheCoderXx
Scratcher
1000+ posts

sy020809 wrote:

xXRedTheCoderXx wrote:

Q: What are the rules on FNAF projects?
A: FNAF projects are all automatically marked NFE, to play it safe. You may not make any FNAF project that contains jumpscares, as even with warnings, a child may not know what they are getting into. You can make games featuring FNAF characters, as long as there are no jumpscares, but they will still be marked NFE to again, play it safe.
Can I make a game that is related to FNAF, but has many funny aspects to them? (Like a spoof.)
Yeah, that's allowed. It'll just be marked NFE.

Last edited by xXRedTheCoderXx (Sept. 15, 2020 17:00:59)

kingfoxy84
Scratcher
4 posts

E
fdreerf
Scratcher
1000+ posts

kingfoxy84 wrote:

E
That's definitely an A tier letter.

Hyped for MS-DOS 11.0