Discuss Scratch

Super_Scratch_Bros20
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Questions About Scratch Directory (Please Don't Ask Questions Here!)

This post is precisely why I suggested that Garnet should take a break. Due to a large number of complaints, I figured this would happen sooner or later.

To be fair, since you seemed like you wanted the sticky, might I ask you if you want to do it? I'm not a “ringleader” of this merging, but I'm trying to get this sticky completed quickly and efficiently.

xXRedTheCoderXx
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Super_Scratch_Bros20 wrote:

This post is precisely why I suggested that Garnet should take a break. Due to a large number of complaints, I figured this would happen sooner or later.

To be fair, since you seemed like you wanted the sticky, might I ask you if you want to do it? I'm not a “ringleader” of this merging, but I'm trying to get this sticky completed quickly and efficiently.
Of course, I'd love to do the sticky! Should I start editing this topic now?

Last edited by xXRedTheCoderXx (Oct. 30, 2020 16:05:40)

garnetluvcookie
Scratcher
1000+ posts

xXRedTheCoderXx wrote:

I'm still doing it. Just because I say that, that doesn't mean that I am giving up. I just can't deal with the pressure of everyone in he forums, and an upcoming test that determines my future. All i need is for everyone to stop nagging me. That's it.

now this here kids, is a way to become mentally unstable!

Last edited by garnetluvcookie (Oct. 30, 2020 18:02:39)

xXRedTheCoderXx
Scratcher
1000+ posts

garnetluvcookie wrote:

xXRedTheCoderXx wrote:

I'm still doing it. Just because I say that, that doesn't mean that I am giving up. I just can't deal with the pressure of everyone in he forums, and an upcoming test that determines my future. All i need is for everyone to stop nagging me. That's it.

now this here kids, is a way to become mentally unstable!
Yeah, I was never gonna start without your permission, or at least not until November 2nd or 3rd and if your topic is still the same.

Also, if you really can't handle the “pressure,” know that you don't need to do this. It's just a sticky on the forums on some website for kids. And if this test you're describing really is as important as it sounds, give it priority over the sticky, maybe even take a break from Scratch.

garnetluvcookie
Scratcher
1000+ posts

xXRedTheCoderXx
Scratcher
1000+ posts

garnetluvcookie wrote:

https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/post/4556603/

says it all
Alright, don't worry I'll make the sticky! (By editing this one) First I need to get permission from PFTV, I think.

Twin138956Scratch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

xXRedTheCoderXx wrote:

garnetluvcookie wrote:

https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/post/4556603/

says it all
Alright, don't worry I'll make the sticky! (By editing this one) First I need to get permission from PFTV, I think.
That's cool. Yeah.

Twin138956Scratch

| Follower Rank: #159 Worldwide - #90 USA | Brother: ScratchTeen9300 | Featured 30.08.20 | Proposed 1,500+ studios

=====

Forum Posts Made: [1,000]
Scratcher of the Month: RC_Legend
Project of the Month: An Outdoor Adventure…
Super_Scratch_Bros20
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I think that this topic would be a lot shorter, neater, and more organized if you linked the post firat, then gave the definition, similar to TOLORS. I don't know why, but it kind of bothers me that they are separate, even if they are in one topic.

ThatOneWeirdDude
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I think that this topic would be a lot shorter, neater, and more organized if you linked the post firat, then gave the definition, similar to TOLORS. I don't know why, but it kind of bothers me that they are separate, even if they are in one topic.
Some questions on the directory aren't as frequently asked to get on the list of FaQ, so I think some of them should stay separate, but do agree the popular ones should be merged.
Super_Scratch_Bros20
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ThatOneWeirdDude wrote:

Some questions on the directory aren't as frequently asked to get on the list of FaQ, so I think some of them should stay separate, but do agree the popular ones should be merged.

How come only frequently asked ones get definitions, though? If a user struggles on a question, why not define it for them?

xXRedTheCoderXx
Scratcher
1000+ posts

How come only frequently asked ones get definitions, though? If a user struggles on a question, why not define it for them?
Because the Question Dictionary is very very long. The reason only the Frequently Asked Questions get definitions is because they are less of them, and they are more common than the other questions.

And it shouldn't be too hard for somebody to click on a link and find a post that tells the answer, anyway.

ThatOneWeirdDude wrote:

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try to do that.

Side note: What do you think of the banners?

ThatOneWeirdDude
Scratcher
1000+ posts

xXRedTheCoderXx wrote:

I like them, I feel like they are very appealing to young children thanks to the Scratch mascots being in there, so it might encourage more people to read instead of thinking that it's too much reading.

Last edited by ThatOneWeirdDude (Nov. 2, 2020 15:04:23)

xXRedTheCoderXx
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ThatOneWeirdDude wrote:

xXRedTheCoderXx wrote:

I like them, I feel like they are very appealing to young children thanks to the Scratch mascots being in there, so it might encourage more people to read instead of thinking that it's too much reading.
Thanks! Poor Gobo though, they were the only mascot that didn't make the cut.

Super_Scratch_Bros20
Scratcher
1000+ posts

xXRedTheCoderXx wrote:

Pretty cool! They look professional.

Out of curiosity, did you make them, or get them from somewhere?

xXRedTheCoderXx
Scratcher
1000+ posts

xXRedTheCoderXx wrote:

Pretty cool! They look professional.

Out of curiosity, did you make them, or get them from somewhere?
Thanks!

I always make my own banners using https://pixlr.com/x/

I don't really like ordering from shops that much because it takes them a while to do it most times, and also they might do it wrong or the banner could be different from how I envisioned it. So I just make them myself.

Super_Scratch_Bros20
Scratcher
1000+ posts

xXRedTheCoderXx wrote:

Reminder:

xXRedTheCoderXx wrote:

Why not add “Why can't I follow @gdpr0000001?”
I think I'll add the answer to that question with the “Who is gdpr” question, later.

What about “is among us allowed”?

Also, how about adding “How do I make a shop?” You might want to link this.
Okay, just give me a moment.

Edit: I think I'll try to add those tomorrow.

*post from five days ago*

xXRedTheCoderXx
Scratcher
1000+ posts

*post from five days ago*
Dude, that's because I thought Garnet was going to add those, but then they didn't, so then now I have to update the entire sticky, and add those too, give me time! xD

fdreerf
Scratcher
1000+ posts

“The Frequently Asked Questions and Answers Topic + QAS Question Dictionary” is an unwieldy icosi-syllabic (or eicostodeutero-syllabic if you don't say QAS as one word). This is probably not of the greatest priority, but I think there should be a shorter name.

Hyped for MS-DOS 11.0
xXRedTheCoderXx
Scratcher
1000+ posts

fdreerf wrote:

“The Frequently Asked Questions and Answers Topic + QAS Question Dictionary” is an unwieldy icosi-syllabic (or eicostodeutero-syllabic if you don't say QAS as one word). This is probably not of the greatest priority, but I think there should be a shorter name.
True.

Maybe "The FAQ + QAS Questionary'?

I'm just worried new forumers might not know what the abbreviations mean.

ThatOneWeirdDude
Scratcher
1000+ posts

xXRedTheCoderXx wrote:

fdreerf wrote:

True.

Maybe "The FAQ + QAS Questionary'?

I'm just worried new forumers might not know what the abbreviations mean.
Perhaps just something like “The Questions About Scratch Directory”? Frequently asked doesn't need to be in the title because directory would cover that aswell.