The Official List of Rejected Suggestions

Super_Scratch_Bros20 wrote:

Was this rejected, or closed by the OP?
closed
WindOctahedron
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Maybe include the acronym “TOLORS” in the title?
It would encourage the usage of it, which would reduce people's time typing. However, maybe it would be used too much, and would confuse those who don't know what it means, which could be a problem, because it is most often mentioned when talking to users who aren't experienced and haven't read the list yet. However, it can be easily explained, and when you provide the link to the list along with the acronym, the user can just read the full title and find out the acronym's meaning.
But the problem is that the ones who might provide the link are the ones who would also mention the list's full name (because they're sophisticated), which defeats the purpose of the acronym, and the ones who aren't likely to provide a link (because they aren't sophisticated enough) might also refer to it only by the acronym.
However, most users do provide a link to the list, and I would personally rely on the user to click on it to find out the acronym's meaning. This raises the question if others would do so, though, and if it would really work.

Also, I've decided to do a lists of reasons, arguments and points on this. (This is my first one, by the way.)
LORAP: (list of reasons, arguments and points)
It would encourage the use of the acronym, which:
+ would make the users take less time to type out the name of the list,
BUT: would probably lead to confusions for those who don't know what this acronym means. ! Many times, the list is mentioned when talking to inexperienced users who haven't read the list yet.
Counterargument: The name can be easily explained.
AND: Many times, a link to the list is provided, which would make the user click on it and find out the acronym's meaning.
Counterargument: Those who provide the link are more sophisticated, so they're likely to use the full name of the list, which defeats the purpose of the acronym.
Counterargument: I would rely on the “finding out” described above.
? Would others do, to?
? Is this actually reliable?
AND: Those who don't provide a link are less sophisticated, and are less likely to mention the acronym's full name.
Counterargument: Most users do provide a link.

The message above may contain wrong information, rude remarks, or something embarrassing to my current self. In this case, please ignore it and remember that I likely wrote it back when I didn't know what “respect” truly meant. I really hate thinking about it again.
ZanyKid
Scratcher
5 posts

I think that some of those suggestions would really work for the scratch community. I even have a suggestion of my own. could there be a button stating if scratcher is online or not?
WindOctahedron
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ZanyKid wrote:

I think that some of those suggestions would really work for the scratch community. I even have a suggestion of my own. could there be a button stating if scratcher is online or not?
This list contains this suggestion (it's rejected, see item 8.3) - and if a suggestion is in this list, it simply won't be implemented, because it's rejected.

Last edited by WindOctahedron (May 14, 2020 18:56:45)

The message above may contain wrong information, rude remarks, or something embarrassing to my current self. In this case, please ignore it and remember that I likely wrote it back when I didn't know what “respect” truly meant. I really hate thinking about it again.
ZanyKid
Scratcher
5 posts

nvm. my idea already got rejected
xXRedTheCoderXx
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ZanyKid wrote:

could there be a button stating if scratcher is online or not?
Yup, sadly that suggestion is rejected. Though, you can make one manually like me!

mrtbts
Scratcher
100+ posts

i can not load .sb3 file with tosh
can somone help

when I receive [unansered post v]
answer [post v] :: looks
say [l'm glad to help]
Can someone join my intro contest please????
my profile I my school account I my test account
Za-Chary
Scratcher
1000+ posts

mrtbts wrote:

can somone help
I'm not sure how compatible Scratch 3.0 is with Tosh. If you ask about his in the Questions about Scratch forum, someone may be able to find an answer for you.

This is my forum signature! On a forum post, it is okay for Scratchers to advertise in their forum signature. The signature is the stuff that shows up below the horizontal line on the post. It will show up on every post I make.

I was a Scratch Team member from May 10th 2019 to October 29th 2021.

my notebook | scratch team essay | accessibility essay
R4356th
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Za-Chary wrote:

mrtbts wrote:

can somone help
I'm not sure how compatible Scratch 3.0 is with Tosh. If you ask about his in the Questions about Scratch forum, someone may be able to find an answer for you.
Tosh use sb2 file (Scratch 2.0 file type) type. That is the reason.
Hot-Potatoes
Scratcher
5 posts

They really should add union skinning \:
WindOctahedron
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hot-Potatoes wrote:

You probably meant “onion skinning”.

M1mikyu
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hot-Potatoes wrote:

I’m pretty sure they’re planning on adding it.

Layers would be cool too.

Behold, Luna's Mimikyu army!! It got killed for a moment by an evil Lord Dome, but Lord Helix brought them back!!

Za-Chary
Scratcher
1000+ posts

R4356th wrote:

A new kind of collab idea got rejected by @Paddle2see today.
I saw that, and I honestly wasn't sure what the suggestion was about. Seemed to me like it was some sort of way to work around private messaging, and indeed, if private messaging is involved then we are not planning to implement it. I think it was closed since it is a form of private messaging. As such, I don't need to add it to the list at this time.

This is my forum signature! On a forum post, it is okay for Scratchers to advertise in their forum signature. The signature is the stuff that shows up below the horizontal line on the post. It will show up on every post I make.

I was a Scratch Team member from May 10th 2019 to October 29th 2021.

my notebook | scratch team essay | accessibility essay
R4356th
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Za-Chary wrote:

R4356th wrote:

A new kind of collab idea got rejected by @Paddle2see today.
I saw that, and I honestly wasn't sure what the suggestion was about. Seemed to me like it was some sort of way to work around private messaging, and indeed, if private messaging is involved then we are not planning to implement it. I think it was closed since it is a form of private messaging. As such, I don't need to add it to the list at this time.
I do agree with you. It really did serve as a workaround for private messaging.
i_am_the_n95_mask
New to Scratch
4 posts

i wanted an xyz block but i get why
go to x: (0) y: (0) go to z:(0)
CheezBa11z
Scratcher
2 posts

Could you guys please please please give us a way to change our username. I know many users will appreciate this. If not could you please tell me why this idea wouldn’t work. Thanks!
R4356th
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CheezBa11z wrote:

Could you guys please please please give us a way to change our username. I know many users will appreciate this. If not could you please tell me why this idea wouldn’t work. Thanks!
I am afraid that suggestion is rejected.
R4356th
Scratcher
1000+ posts