Discuss Scratch

Super_Scratch_Bros20
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Official List of Rejected Suggestions

BaBy_Fin wrote:

about the FNaF rule if we know someone IRL that made a FNaF project w/ jump scares could we warn or direct them to here?

It's a good idea to warn a person about FNAF projects before they make them. Otherwise, they could get an alert when they didn't even know that they broke the rules.

BaBy_Fin
Scratcher
100+ posts

Super_Scratch_Bros20 wrote:

BaBy_Fin wrote:

about the FNaF rule if we know someone IRL that made a FNaF project w/ jump scares could we warn or direct them to here?

It's a good idea to warn a person about FNAF projects before they make them. Otherwise, they could get an alert when they didn't even know that they broke the rules.

ok thank you

Remember Jesus loves you and have a great day!
John 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that he gave his one and only son, so that whoever believes in him shall not perish, but have eternal life.
My alt account: @Bucken__Berry

Johnny wrote:

Thanks! Now I might not starve.

KingxDylan
Scratcher
100+ posts

yo za-chary isn't banning clean rips rejected?

uh oh they came for my nectar ctrl shift down to see all of my siggy
Just a cringe kid on the internet who likes cringe things. Check out my MAP. Or not. It doesn't matter. certified morber, I like Neil Cicieriga's stuff. I also make music and art sometimes. My reaction to that information:

SONIC WHO INVENTED TRAP MUSIC

JANUARY 1984
Super_Scratch_Bros20
Scratcher
1000+ posts

KingxDylan wrote:

I'm pretty sure I found only one of these topics. Because it isn't suggested very often, I would suggest to not add it.

SausageMcSauce
Scratcher
1000+ posts

KingxDylan wrote:

Here is a quote from Paddle2See from a few years ago:

Paddle2See wrote:

Sorry, this suggestion isn't one we're going to take.

While it might be argued that the misleading titles go against the “Be Honest” community guideline, we have to recognize that it is a meme and is generally recognized as such by now so really isn't fooling very many Scratchers.

Last edited by SausageMcSauce (May 13, 2020 13:37:08)

KingxDylan
Scratcher
100+ posts

Super_Scratch_Bros20 wrote:

KingxDylan wrote:

I'm pretty sure I found only one of these topics. Because it isn't suggested very often, I would suggest to not add it.
Ok good point

Just a cringe kid on the internet who likes cringe things. Check out my MAP. Or not. It doesn't matter. certified morber, I like Neil Cicieriga's stuff. I also make music and art sometimes. My reaction to that information:

JANUARY 1984
jaguar1501
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SausageMcSauce wrote:

KingxDylan wrote:

Banning ‘clean rips’ is not rejected. Here is a quote from Paddle2See from a few years ago:

Paddle2See wrote:

While it might be argued that the misleading titles go against the “Be Honest” community guideline, we have to recognize that it is a meme and is generally recognized as such by now so really isn't fooling very many Scratchers.
That means that it is rejected.

I moved!
Check out my new account!
SausageMcSauce
Scratcher
1000+ posts

jaguar1501 wrote:

SausageMcSauce wrote:

KingxDylan wrote:

Banning ‘clean rips’ is not rejected. Here is a quote from Paddle2See from a few years ago:

Paddle2See wrote:

I removed that potentially misleading sentence.
KingxDylan
Scratcher
100+ posts

Could you add bring back the cat blocks? This is the oldest one i could find and i still see “BRING BACK CAT BLOCKS” Suggestions popping up every now and then

JANUARY 1984
Super_Scratch_Bros20
Scratcher
1000+ posts

jaguar1501 wrote:

SausageMcSauce wrote:

KingxDylan wrote:

Paddle2See wrote:

Yes, it was rejected. However, since it's only been rejected once (4 years ago), I don't think it would be worth adding to the list.

Super_Scratch_Bros20
Scratcher
1000+ posts

KingxDylan wrote:

Could you add bring back the cat blocks? This is the oldest one i could find and i still see “BRING BACK CAT BLOCKS” Suggestions popping up every now and then

Za-Chary* wrote:

I was told by a Scratch Team member not to add “Bring back the cat blocks” to the rejected suggestions sticky because it might call more attention to the cat blocks. I fear the same thing would happen with this suggestion.

(Source)

R4356th
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Za-Chary
Scratcher
1000+ posts

R4356th wrote:

Za-Chary, is adding custom reporters a rejected suggestion?
Not that I am aware of.

This is my forum signature! On a forum post, it is okay for Scratchers to advertise in their forum signature. The signature is the stuff that shows up below the horizontal line on the post. It will show up on every post I make.

I was a Scratch Team member from May 10th 2019 to October 29th 2021.

my notebook | scratch team essay | accessibility essay
xXRedTheCoderXx
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hello!

Za-Chary wrote:

8.1 Changing usernames
If a user could change his or her username (or even set a certain “nickname”), ……
See the bold text? You said “his or her”.
I was wondering if you can change that, and other places where it says “his or her” to “their”.

You know, just in case, because some people might not identify as a boy or a girl.

Thanks!

R4356th
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Za-Chary wrote:

R4356th wrote:

Za-Chary, is adding custom reporters a rejected suggestion?
Not that I am aware of.
Okay! Thank you. I found that it had been suggested before but not rejected.
Za-Chary
Scratcher
1000+ posts

xXRedTheCoderXx wrote:

Hello!

Za-Chary wrote:

8.1 Changing usernames
If a user could change his or her username (or even set a certain “nickname”), ……
I was wondering if you can change that, and other places where it says “his or her” to “their”.

You know, just in case, because some people might not identify as a boy or a girl.

Thanks!
Good idea. Please remind me on my profile tonight to change that if I haven't by then.

This is my forum signature! On a forum post, it is okay for Scratchers to advertise in their forum signature. The signature is the stuff that shows up below the horizontal line on the post. It will show up on every post I make.

xXRedTheCoderXx
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Za-Chary wrote:

xXRedTheCoderXx wrote:

Hello!

Za-Chary wrote:

8.1 Changing usernames

Thanks!
Good idea. Please remind me on my profile tonight to change that if I haven't by then.
Okay!

Za-Chary
Scratcher
1000+ posts

xXRedTheCoderXx wrote:

Done! That was the only instance of “his or her” that I found in the list. Let me know if you found any others.

xXRedTheCoderXx
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Za-Chary wrote:

xXRedTheCoderXx wrote:

Done! That was the only instance of “his or her” that I found in the list. Let me know if you found any others.
Alright, nice.

pinkcat206
Scratcher
13 posts

Thank you! This helped me understand some of the restrictions on scratch!
when green flag clicked
forever
imagine
program
end

2 Chronicles 7:13-14
If I shut up heaven that there be no rain, or if I command the locusts to devour the land, or if I send pestilence among my people;
If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then I will hear them from heaven. I will forgive their sins, and heal their land.