Discuss Scratch

petstra
Scratcher
74 posts

The Official List of Rejected Suggestions

___Jax wrote:

Q: what about letting display names show in small text below the username? like instead of being the main name or replacing it it just shows up as small text below the actual username?

Rejected as well.

8.1 Changing usernames or changing display names

If a user could change their username (or even set a certain “nickname” or “display name”) …

This is my forum signature, also called a siggy. Everything under the gray line above is my siggy. This is unrelated to my forum post, and I am allowed to put advertisements and other comments here, as long as they follow the Community Guidelines.

Please note that I may misinterpret your post or suggestion, which is why you should make sure to clarify your points.

Pets · She/Her · 12 · Artist, Animator, Coder, and Forumer · A Scratcher since October 1, 2019
mumu245
Scratcher
1000+ posts

starlightsparker wrote:

(#8479)

undeterminstic wrote:

MythosLore wrote:

Catscratcher07 wrote:

starlightsparker wrote:

advanced projects that are impossible to make with blocks
nothing is actually impossible to make with blocks, unless it is impossible to make with programing in general.
That's not true. You can't open a URL with Scratch blocks, but you can do so with programming. You also can't detect the backspace key, or get the microphone pitch.
Ok? and? it is Turing complete, it can do every computation. it can do everything that a modern programming language can do.
Okay, let me rephrase:
advanced projects that are extremely difficult to make with blocks
It can calculate anything possible, but it doesn't have the same means of graphics or I/O.

select this text then press Ctrl+Shift+Down to read more
___Jax
Scratcher
96 posts

petstra wrote:

___Jax wrote:

Q: what about letting display names show in small text below the username? like instead of being the main name or replacing it it just shows up as small text below the actual username?

Rejected as well.

8.1 Changing usernames or changing display names

If a user could change their username (or even set a certain “nickname” or “display name”) …

even tho it wont confuse people? sad

Foldy_TPOT
Scratcher
72 posts

Yeah. Permanent catblocks can be obtained thanks to addons in the Chrome Web Store.
I have them.
when gf clicked::cat
when I start as a clone::cat
Here we go, addons!::cat variables
You should download it.
––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––-–
Check out my topic: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/760062/
It also has catblock art.

Last edited by Foldy_TPOT (May 10, 2024 14:47:03)

My most viewed project here
My topic is here
when <>::hat events//from Snap!
Snap! ishere
highlight this text then shift+down to see the rest of my signature
⠸⣷⣦⠤⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣠⣤⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠙⣿⡄⠈⠑⢄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⠔⠊⠉⣿⡿⠁⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠈⠣⡀⠀⠀⠑⢄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡠⠊⠁⠀⠀⣰⠟⠀⠀⠀⣀⣀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠢⣄⠀⡈⠒⠊⠉⠁⠀⠈⠉⠑⠚⠀⠀⣀⠔⢊⣠⠤⠒⠊⠉⠀⡜
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡽⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠩⡔⠊⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠇
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡇⢠⡤⢄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⡠⢤⣄⠀⡇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢰⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⠇⠹⠿⠟⠀⠀⠤⠀⠀⠻⠿⠟⠀⣇⠀⠀⡀⠠⠄⠒⠊⠁⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⡆⠀⠰⠤⠖⠦⠴⠀⢀⣶⣿⣿⠀⠙⢄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢻⣿⠃⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠿⡿⠛⢄⠀⠀⠱⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⠈⠓⠦⠀⣀⣀⣀⠀⡠⠴⠊⠹⡞⣁⠤⠒⠉⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣠⠃⠀⠀⠀⠀⡌⠉⠉⡤⠀⠀⠀⠀⢻⠿⠆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠰⠁⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⠀⢰⠃⠀⠀⠀⢠⠀⢣⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⢶⣗⠧⡀⢳⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⣀⣸⠀⠀⠀⢀⡜⠀⣸⢤⣶⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠈⠻⣿⣦⣈⣧⡀⠀⠀⢸⣿⣿⠀⠀⢀⣼⡀⣨⣿⡿⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠻⠿⠿⠓⠄⠤⠘⠉⠙⠤⢀⠾⠿⣿⠟⠋
catblock here

(:3::events)//This is Jack, he protects me from evil kumquats. (ง'̀-'́)ง
pls stop
(quoting me::sensing)
eat(pen color::pen)::grey
//scroll down to see the rest of my siggy
when [loves v] > (10)::events
broadcast [stop sign v]
say (Welcome to my signature)
forever if <on this siggy?::#02bab8>{
pay (100) [$ v]::cat operators
}::control cap
when you are [stupid v] or [smart v]@delInput @addInput::hat events
forever
drink bread and eat water::#133a18
here is nyan cat

Everything beyond this point is a signature.
π = 3.141592653589793
Are you dumb? Here is a test.
LibreKitten is better than TurboWarp
(this scratchblocks thing is good but scratch banned the rest of my siggy::#02bab8)
gdfsgdfsgdfg
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Foldy_TPOT wrote:

Yeah. Permanent catblocks can be obtained thanks to -no- in the Chrome Web Store.
oi, don’t mention browser extensions
https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/284272/

1000th post also use -forbidden- or highlight and ctrl (optional on some browsers) + shift + down arrow for more of my siggy

I gotta go touch sum grass

If it causes issues make it optional - gdfsgdfsgdfg

Do some research before replying to my posts - gdfsgdfsgdfg

curse you 60 sec rule

glory to Gdfsg Land

gdfsgdfsgdfg returns

Ocular(don’t look at my old posts plz)
PostPercent

kumquats? nah
my siggy is built with titani- *gets eaten*

Gdfsg Radio Station:
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/1000736602

Are you sleeping you tall cat (project):
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/1002042247/

The only suggestions I fully support are:
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/924995948/

Don’t force me to get proof
get it yourself

my favorite topic is this (due to comedic purposes):
https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/709979/

my favorite post is this (it’s deleted but I got it from ocular):
https://ocular.jeffalo.net/post/7517300

Grand borrowing cars IV intro and loading (template):
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/972295666/

Guess the game by its mission name:
https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/750145/

GBC (GTA) topic:
https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/751981/

BF (Battlefield) topic:
https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/753243/

still don’t have the popularity lol (atleast I reached 100 followers)

Skill issue

reject
Embrace :)
Catscratcher07
Scratcher
1000+ posts

plantskym2 wrote:

Pretty sure this was recently rejected.
that was a dupe, unless the original topic gets rejected, I will believe that Paddle2See was misinterpreting the topic due to aggressive wording "ban people from…", rather than a proper rejection.

trouble with clones? view my clone id toolbox! I also have built the bases of a tower defence game link here.
If someone on help with scripts is saying that something can't be done, they should be suspected of being a team limit grunt.
Spaceandmoon1
Scratcher
61 posts

Have previous costume and previous backdrop blocks been rejected?
Za-Chary
Scratcher
1000+ posts

No objections were raised, so I'm removing entry 6.5. If anyone tries to use these words in an offensive/careless context, please feel free to report such posts. I think you should also discourage others from saying that such words are “allowed.” They are not filtered, but that doesn't really make them “allowed.” For future reference, here is the text:
6.5 Filter the words {damn, crap, frick, lmao}
The Scratch Team has decided that these words are not offensive enough to be filtered/censored completely. As always, use the Report button if someone is using these words (or any others) disrespectfully. In addition, if you come across a word that is not filtered, but you think it should be, please let the Scratch Team know about it through Contact Us, rather than using the comments or forums to report it.

There is an existing suggestion that would allow you to personally filter/censor these words, and others, so that only you cannot see them; you can discuss it on this topic.

plantskym2 wrote:

When do you think an ST member would say if it is rejected?
Perhaps when they see the suggestion?

plantskym2 wrote:

BigNate469 wrote:

I found one:
A chat-dedicated space(s)
Link
Seems like it should be added, seeing how it is related to chatroom projects.
But is that often suggested?
I don't think so. It's not quite the same as 3.1 (cloud chat projects) either. Let's wait and see if it becomes a popular suggestion.

XCartooonX wrote:

Unbanning Dot Art has been rejected
Thanks; I probably won't add it at this time.

Scratchedbyyou wrote:

It might not be beneficial for beginners, but it could be when they become more experienced, so why not?
If it overwhelms new people, then I guess that's pretty reasonable, but they can always just switch back.
Scratch is designed for beginner programmers. For those who are looking for a more advanced text-based programming language, there are many other programming languages they can seek out.

___Jax wrote:

As far as I'm aware, this is rejected. (That is what I mean by “nickname.”)

Catscratcher07 wrote:

should 2.5 be reworded to make it clearer that an official converter to any other programing language is rejected, e.g. put less empisis on .EXE?
Legit forgot this one existed. Has there been any recent confusion on the name lately between some Scratchers?

Catscratcher07 wrote:

plantskym2 wrote:

that was a dupe, unless the original topic gets rejected, I will believe that Paddle2See was misinterpreting the topic due to aggressive wording "ban people from…", rather than a proper rejection.
No, I think @Paddle2See interpreted the suggestion correctly — his reason for rejection indicates that he understood the suggestion. That being said, I'm curious about that original topic that you linked. I've asked if it is rejected, so we'll see what is decided. I'll have to decide if I want to add this one to the list; seems pretty popular.

Spaceandmoon1 wrote:

Have previous costume and previous backdrop blocks been rejected?
Not to my knowledge.

This is my forum signature! On a forum post, it is okay for Scratchers to advertise in their forum signature. The signature is the stuff that shows up below the horizontal line on the post. It will show up on every post I make.

I was a Scratch Team member from May 10th 2019 to October 29th 2021.

my notebook | scratch team essay | accessibility essay
EngineerRunner
Scratcher
1000+ posts

what happened to 6.7?

Za-Chary wrote:

6.7 Censor the words {damn, crap, frick, lmao}
The Scratch Team has decided that these words are not offensive enough to be censored completely. As always, use the Report button if someone is using these words (or any others) in a disrespectful manner. In addition, if you come across a word that is not censored, but you think it should be, please let the Scratch Team know about it through Contact Us, rather than using the comments or forums to report it.

social experiment: comment here to not get curator

simpsons and futurama fan

RickRoIler (the first l is a capital i) on PSN, NotXboxGamer765 on xbox (and by that i mean xbox 360), EngineerRunner on Minecraft (find me on hypixel)
also im on the orange cat social media as EngineerRunner

join the worst guild on hypixel with this command!!1/!/!?1/!/
/guild join los gamers

if any of my suggestions ever get accepted, i will have my profile picture set to Just Stamp The Ticket Man for 3 months

give internets pls

an australian cumquat ate my snag and onions

“maintainer” of Pyratch, a very simple text-focused frontend for Scratch
oh god am I becoming an ATer

when I am deleted ::hat control
ask (join (join [what the hell does ] (when I am deleted ::hat control)) [ do?]) and wait
create clone of [Stage v]
delete this project ::control
stop [eh, a few] sounds ::sound
casually taking over the forums:

this is what happens when school goes back in the US, scratch has like no activity

when I am deleted ::hat control

create clone of [Stage v]
delete this project ::control
stop [eh, a few] sounds ::sound
MythosLore
Scratcher
1000+ posts

EngineerRunner wrote:

what happened to 6.7?

Za-Chary wrote:

6.7 Censor the words {damn, crap, frick, lmao}
The Scratch Team has decided that these words are not offensive enough to be censored completely. As always, use the Report button if someone is using these words (or any others) in a disrespectful manner. In addition, if you come across a word that is not censored, but you think it should be, please let the Scratch Team know about it through Contact Us, rather than using the comments or forums to report it.
It was 6.5 at the time, but he removed it.

Za-Chary wrote:

I am also worried that Scratchers have been using this entry as an excuse to say these words on the forums. (Too many times have I seen people saying “You can definitely say these words on Scratch” … something about that is unsettling to me. Why encourage Scratchers to say borderline bad words, regardless of whether or not they really are bad?)

Thoughts on removing entry 6.5? I will probably remove it from the list next week unless there is a good reason not to do so.
(source)

actually working on a game so i'll be a bit less active on the forums
LilAmongUsMini2024
Scratcher
38 posts

Za-Chary wrote:

Dragonlord767 wrote:

Reported to be stickied… I think. I have no idea if it worked.

-Accio- wrote:

Reported to be stickied! Thanks for taking this responsibility!

PrincessFlowerTV wrote:

Fantastic! Reported to be stickied.

openPoll wrote:

Cool! Reported to be stickied

NilsTheBest wrote:

Great! Thanks for doing this! I'll now refer to that post and bookmark this thread instead of the old one.

I think this is going to be your first sticky? Congrats!
Thank you all, I'm happy to have this responsibility!
How.. How do you report something to be stickied? What does that even mean?
mumu245
Scratcher
1000+ posts

LilAmongUsMini2024 wrote:

(#8491)

Za-Chary wrote:

Dragonlord767 wrote:

Reported to be stickied… I think. I have no idea if it worked.

-Accio- wrote:

Reported to be stickied! Thanks for taking this responsibility!

PrincessFlowerTV wrote:

Fantastic! Reported to be stickied.

openPoll wrote:

Cool! Reported to be stickied

NilsTheBest wrote:

Great! Thanks for doing this! I'll now refer to that post and bookmark this thread instead of the old one.

Stickies are pinned to the first page of the forum. Reporting on forums can be used for more than inappropiate content, it can be used to request moving, changing the title or text if the author won't, or, in this case, sticking.

Last edited by mumu245 (May 12, 2024 11:34:56)

select this text then press Ctrl+Shift+Down to read more
Catscratcher07
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Catscratcher07 wrote:

mumu245 wrote:

LilAmongUsMini2024 wrote:

(#8491)
~snip~

Stickies are pinned to the first page of the forum. Reporting on forums can be used for more than inappropiate content, it can be used to request moving, changing the title or text if the author won't, or, in this case, sticking.
It is important to mention that nowadays stickies have to be made with Scratch Team consent, and only the sticky creator should report to be stickied. (When a certain directory {a type of sticky listing topics in a subform} was replaced, a certain ST member posted in both the old and new editions of the directory requesting such.)

Last edited by Catscratcher07 (May 12, 2024 19:57:07)

trouble with clones? view my clone id toolbox! I also have built the bases of a tower defence game link here.
If someone on help with scripts is saying that something can't be done, they should be suspected of being a team limit grunt.
Catscratcher07
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Za-Chary wrote:

Catscratcher07 wrote:

plantskym2 wrote:

No, I think @Paddle2See interpreted the suggestion correctly — his reason for rejection indicates that he understood the suggestion. That being said, I'm curious about that original topic that you linked. I've asked if it is rejected, so we'll see what is decided. I'll have to decide if I want to add this one to the list; seems pretty popular.
the original got rejected, this might warrant getting put on the list.

epicdude512
Scratcher
86 posts

Well guys a major post just got rejected, guess we should add “Dont allow others to put projects in studios” to the list of rejected suggestions

I am small developer with big ambitions who likes to frequent the forums, Currently i’m working on a game called the battle sticks! the battle sticks is a single player action game with inspired by battle cats! if thats you cup of tea then press this Link and play for yourself, if you don’t want to play, thats ok! i wont force you. Have a great day!
zach20042013
Scratcher
79 posts

Well played, but look
forever if <>

end

(days since ())

stop all sounds forever

(() + (0) + ())

<next to ( v)>

Hi! Welcome to my signature! I love numberblocks, angry birds, and alphabet lore

if <touching rocks> then 
Lol

else

end
Xzillox
Scratcher
1000+ posts

zach20042013 wrote:

Well played, but look
-snippity snap-
what point are you trying to make here?

14 | Professionally soading since 1998™ | Can't view/post images | Useful forum posts | internetometer | weird notebok | 100th post | tax evasion clicker | RIP | 500th post | forum post hall of fame (#2) | 1000TH POST!! | Evolution of the Electric Guitar (essay)

get games off the trending music category!

a cool thing I found: if you type “(c​)” it will show up as ©

I decided to stop using the support convention

give me song suggestions on my profile (I mostly listen to rock and metal)

when tuned to [drop c v] :: hat events
repeat until <drenched in sweat? :: sensing>
blast some epic [system of a down v] riffs :: motion
end

iiii];​)
plantskym2
Scratcher
500+ posts

Catscratcher07 wrote:

plantskym2 wrote:

Now look at it, now the original is rejected, paddle even straight up just quoted his post from the dupe, saying it was rejected with that reason.

This is my forum signature! On a forum post, it is okay for Scratchers to advertise in their forum signature. The signature is the stuff that shows up below the horizontal line on the post. It will show up on every post I make. (Credits to ZaChary) My signature thankfully hasn't been eaten by an evil kumquat yet, so I hope it remains that way. My 100th post!! Be sure to follow after watching my animations!!
Please note that I may sometimes give out incorrect information.
Ever wondered why your project wasn't showing up in the search bar or on trending? Here is an explanation why: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3p1zLeGoXLQ
Bobmr2024
Scratcher
100+ posts

If there was a
<mouse down?>
why not add a
<mouse up? :: sensing>

<⌐■_■ :: sensing> // This is Sam! He will protect me if any kumquats try to eat my siggy.
-Rodri
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bobmr2024 wrote:

If there was a
<mouse down?>
why not add a
<mouse up? :: sensing>
<not <mouse down?>>

Sent from Samsung Fridge Model RRSGR-34563

they say im gifted but i can't even spell proboably or simoustaniously correctly

omg when you search up “Samsung Fridge Model RRSGR-34563” one of my forums posts are the top result!!111

Have you ever wanted to rule the world?
Get Homework Help here!

✨Yassify the world with kindness✨

I'm Mexican/American
I speak Spanish and English (et un peu de francais)
I'm a roman catholic
I'm smart but have no street smarts
Straight Male
Goals:
Be a better forumer