Discuss Scratch

Za-Chary
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Official List of Rejected Suggestions

R4356th wrote:

Making deleted users' usernames available has been rejected by @Paddle2see today. It might be worth adding to the list since it is suggested often.
I assumed that this was already added to the list under 8.5, as that already explains that we won't be recycling usernames. Perhaps that is not clear, however. I might change 8.5 to “recycle usernames” and mention that this is rejected whether the account was deleted, inactive, or name-sniping.

This is my forum signature! On a forum post, it is okay for Scratchers to advertise in their forum signature. The signature is the stuff that shows up below the horizontal line on the post. It will show up on every post I make.

I was a Scratch Team member from May 10th 2019 to October 29th 2021.

my notebook | scratch team essay | accessibility essay
R4356th
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Za-Chary wrote:

R4356th wrote:

Making deleted users' usernames available has been rejected by @Paddle2see today. It might be worth adding to the list since it is suggested often.
I assumed that this was already added to the list under 8.5, as that already explains that we won't be recycling usernames. Perhaps that is not clear, however. I might change 8.5 to “recycle usernames” and mention that this is rejected whether the account was deleted, inactive, or name-sniping.
Nice.
Super_Scratch_Bros20
Scratcher
1000+ posts

i_am_the_n95_mask wrote:

i wanted an xyz block but i get why
go to x: (0) y: (0) go to z:(0)

That's 3D Scratch, which is rejected.

Last edited by Super_Scratch_Bros20 (May 16, 2020 15:45:21)

R4356th
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Super_Scratch_Bros20 wrote:

i_am_the_n95_mask wrote:

i wanted an xyz block but i get why
go to x: (0) y: (0) go to z:(0)

That's 3D Scratch, which is rejected.
They did say “but i get why” meaning that they got why that would not get implemented.
HKPradil
Scratcher
100+ posts

_

Last edited by HKPradil (May 17, 2020 14:16:25)

I am a moved account.
You should see ScratchCat3rd.
Za-Chary
Scratcher
1000+ posts

HKPradil wrote:

Za-Chary wrote:

(snipped by moderator)
You forgot the cat blocks!
https://en.scratch-wiki.info/wiki/Scratch_Suggestions
I was told not to add that to the list to avoid giving further attention to it.

This is my forum signature! On a forum post, it is okay for Scratchers to advertise in their forum signature. The signature is the stuff that shows up below the horizontal line on the post. It will show up on every post I make.

coder2045
Scratcher
1000+ posts

R4356th wrote:

CheezBa11z wrote:

Could you guys please please please give us a way to change our username. I know many users will appreciate this. If not could you please tell me why this idea wouldn’t work. Thanks!
I am afraid that suggestion is rejected.
He/she/they/___ said that they didn't know WHY it was rejected.

Highlight this text and press Ctrl-Shift-Down to view more of my signature. There's a lot in there.
I FOUND THE POSTIE POSTIE POST LINK THIS
Brainteaser: What comes next? Answer on my profile. First correct answer gets a follow.

[ ]
[ [ ] ]
[ [ [ ] ] [ ] ]
Good projects ⬇️

coder2045
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Za-Chary wrote:

HKPradil wrote:

Za-Chary wrote:

(snipped by moderator)
Why? I don't get why you were told to not add it. If they saw that keeping the cat blocks was rejected, how would that be bad?

Highlight this text and press Ctrl-Shift-Down to view more of my signature. There's a lot in there.
I FOUND THE POSTIE POSTIE POST LINK THIS
Brainteaser: What comes next? Answer on my profile. First correct answer gets a follow.

[ ]
[ [ ] ]
[ [ [ ] ] [ ] ]
Good projects ⬇️

Za-Chary
Scratcher
1000+ posts

coder2045 wrote:

Za-Chary wrote:

HKPradil wrote:

Why? I don't get why you were told to not add it. If they saw that keeping the cat blocks was rejected, how would that be bad?
I think the Scratch Team member that told me that is hoping that the discussion about the cat blocks goes down, and that if people learn what they are through the rejected suggestions list, they'll just want them even more.

(The rejected suggestions list hasn't stopped some users from suggesting certain features they want, like a username-changing feature or an invite all button.)

SausageMcSauce
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I think allowing non-curators to add projects to SDSs is rejected, but is it suggested frequently enough to go on this list?
Za-Chary
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SausageMcSauce wrote:

I think allowing non-curators to add projects to SDSs is rejected, but is it suggested frequently enough to go on this list?
Where are you seeing it is rejected? Has anyone actually suggested this?

R4356th
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Za-Chary wrote:

SausageMcSauce wrote:

I searched for this suggestion and could not find something similar.
SausageMcSauce
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Za-Chary wrote:

SausageMcSauce wrote:

I just thought it might be rejected. I have not seen anyone suggest that.
jaguar1501
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SausageMcSauce wrote:

Za-Chary wrote:

SausageMcSauce wrote:

I just thought it might be rejected. I have not seen anyone suggest that.
I haven't seen it anywhere, but if it was suggested, I think it would be rejected because people could add projects unrelated to the SDS.

I moved!
Check out my new account!
Super_Scratch_Bros20
Scratcher
1000+ posts

8.9 Notification when someone unfollows you
This sort of feature could create a lot of drama within the Scratch community. Those who are concerned about follower count may get angry at another user for unfollowing them. The Scratch Team believes that users should be able to follow or unfollow anyone they want without feeling guilty about it, especially as their interests change. Remember that Scratch is not about the number of followers; it's about having fun!

Maybe you could include the website created by @JuegoStrower about checking your unfollowers?

Za-Chary
Scratcher
1000+ posts

This sort of feature could create a lot of drama within the Scratch community. Those who are concerned about follower count may get angry at another user for unfollowing them. The Scratch Team believes that users should be able to follow or unfollow anyone they want without feeling guilty about it, especially as their interests change. Remember that Scratch is not about the number of followers; it's about having fun!

Maybe you could include the website created by @JuegoStrower about checking your unfollowers?
This is not something I am willing to include because I do not support the ability to see who unfollowed you.

R4356th
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Za-Chary wrote:

This is not something I am willing to include because I do not support the ability to see who unfollowed you.
Additionally, Chrome stops me from getting there saying that site is not safe.
Super_Scratch_Bros20
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Rename the ghost effect was rejected, but I wouldn't recommend adding it, because it is not suggested very often.

Last edited by Super_Scratch_Bros20 (May 18, 2020 16:26:54)

M1mikyu
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Rename the ghost effect was rejected, but I wouldn't recommend adding it, because it is not suggested very often.
Ninja’d

Behold, Luna's Mimikyu army!! It got killed for a moment by an evil Lord Dome, but Lord Helix brought them back!!

Za-Chary
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Thanks — and agreed!