Discuss Scratch

Cometflight
Scratcher
1 post

The Official List of Rejected Suggestions

Hi there! I wanted to ask a question about rejecting/confirming a suggestion. What does a suggestion need to make it rejected, and what does a suggestion need to make it confirmed?

Salutations

Be not afraid
PizzaAddict4Life
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Za-Chary wrote:

PizzaAddict4Life wrote:

I think that the “removing the 60 second rule” should also include “changing the 60 second rule”. I made a suggestion about that and it kinda went downhill and… yeah.
Do you have a link? I'm not sure if that particular suggestion was rejected, but I could look into it.

-snip-

Yup! Forgot it

https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/400213/

Projects
#SaveCubeupload | Kumquat Attack | Game in which you can submit your avatar

Studios
Be Moist | Forum Helpers

Topics
#RoadToMoist100

Press CTRL+SHIFT+DOWN after highlighting a bit of my signature to see the rest of my signature (and keep doing it)

Whats a stick?

If you suggest that the days since 2000 block is removed, you are going to feel the wrath of my TNT recklessness

My kumquat protectors: (~˘▾˘)~ ( ಠ ͜ʖರೃ) ( ಠ ͜ʖರೃ) ( ಠ ͜ʖರೃ) (◕‿◕✿) ( ಠ ͜ʖರೃ) ( ಠ ͜ʖರೃ) ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Total Power: 35

Ok this is the end of my signature, but scroll down some more if you want some nice color hex codes.

Turquoise ish green: #17e67b
Epic nice blue: #0090c0
Cool light blue: #c4ffec, #a3ffe1, #85ffd7

Bippity Boppity Boo wow you found me congrats
PizzaAddict4Life
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Cometflight wrote:

Hi there! I wanted to ask a question about rejecting/confirming a suggestion. What does a suggestion need to make it rejected, and what does a suggestion need to make it confirmed?

Rejected suggestions are here

I am not sure if your suggestion can be “confirmed” though, but anything that is here is rejected

Projects

Studios
Be Moist | Forum Helpers

Topics
#RoadToMoist100

Press CTRL+SHIFT+DOWN after highlighting a bit of my signature to see the rest of my signature (and keep doing it)

Whats a stick?

If you suggest that the days since 2000 block is removed, you are going to feel the wrath of my TNT recklessness

My kumquat protectors: (~˘▾˘)~ ( ಠ ͜ʖರೃ) ( ಠ ͜ʖರೃ) ( ಠ ͜ʖರೃ) (◕‿◕✿) ( ಠ ͜ʖರೃ) ( ಠ ͜ʖರೃ) ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Ok this is the end of my signature, but scroll down some more if you want some nice color hex codes.

Za-Chary
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Cometflight wrote:

Whenever we reject a suggestion, it's because it does not really fit our Scratch design goals. This can be with something as simple as “remove the online editor” which we're clearly not going to do, or something like “online indicator” which requires a lot of discussion among the Scratch Team first, to accurately weigh any potential benefits or downsides.

Suggestions are quite rarely accepted, due to how much stuff the developers have to work on. Nevertheless, we do look at the forums and see what sorts of feedback we get from the community, which can be helpful in designing Scratch. There aren't really any “set” criteria for a suggestion to be accepted — I suppose it's just based on what we see at the time.

This is my forum signature! On a forum post, it is okay for Scratchers to advertise in their forum signature. The signature is the stuff that shows up below the horizontal line on the post. It will show up on every post I make.

I was a Scratch Team member from May 10th 2019 to October 29th 2021.

my notebook | scratch team essay | accessibility essay
Super_Scratch_Bros20
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Cometflight wrote:

Here are some reasons suggestions got rejected. Some have been previously been rejected because it is:

-not very useful (such as the pi reporter block)
-a suggestion that has very risky cons (such as private messaging)
-very confusing (such as the forever if block)
-currently unfeasible (such as Scratch for video game consoles)
-making Scratch work in a way it is not intended to work (such as the stop sign block)
-possible to abuse (such as adding users to work on projects)
-scary (such as FNAF)
-inappropriate (such as the eggplant emoji)
-only useful for bragging rights (such as adding new ranks)
-against the Community Guidelines (such as not being allowed to post political views)

There are more reasons, of course, but these are some reasons why some suggestions got rejected.

EDIT: Ah, @Za-Chary* answered it before I did. Not ninja'd, but still answered first.

Last edited by Super_Scratch_Bros20 (May 20, 2020 16:35:38)

Super_Scratch_Bros20
Scratcher
1000+ posts

PizzaAddict4Life wrote:

Za-Chary wrote:

PizzaAddict4Life wrote:

I think that the “removing the 60 second rule” should also include “changing the 60 second rule”. I made a suggestion about that and it kinda went downhill and… yeah.
Do you have a link? I'm not sure if that particular suggestion was rejected, but I could look into it.

-snip-

Yup! Forgot it

https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/400213/

Was this rejected? I didn't see a moderator explain why it is closed.

Za-Chary
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I've updated the list! Notes below:
  • Added 1.11 on the “Forever if C block,” seeing as it has been suggested quite a few times now and was rejected for a reason that might not be obvious at first glance.

• Generalized 8.5 to “Recycle usernames.” This, of course, encompasses the previous suggestions asking to delete inactive accounts and delete name-sniping accounts. I found a link that serves as a pretty good reason why this is rejected, removing the other links provided in the past. Hopefully this makes everything more clear.

• Considered a very nice and well-written post by @WindOctahedron to normalize the use of the acronym TOLORS. The LORAP that was provided was particularly helpful. Ultimately I decided not to use it because it's not really needed, and I fear that it would just be confusing for new forum users. However, I am not discouraging the use of the acronym TOLORS in the forums, so you are welcome to use it as you see fit.

• Reconsidered adding “Forest button” to the list and decided not to, since it is not suggested often, and pretty easily workaroundable by using the Search bar at the top of the website. Similar to other “game kits,” as well as the aforementioned idea that “game kit” is not well-defined.

• Considered editing 10.1 to say “Change the 60 second rule,” but decided against it since that is not actually rejected. A recent suggestion about that was made, and closed by the topic owner, rather than rejected.

• Considered editing 2.7 to give more detail, but I cannot do this as I do not have more detail other than what I already stated and what is in the link provided. I think what is given is a sufficient reason for rejection — we don't have the resources to put Scratch on a game console.
Feedback is appreciated, as always!

Last edited by Za-Chary (May 20, 2020 16:48:27)

This is my forum signature! On a forum post, it is okay for Scratchers to advertise in their forum signature. The signature is the stuff that shows up below the horizontal line on the post. It will show up on every post I make.

Super_Scratch_Bros20
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Za-Chary* wrote:

• Also, could someone please check the link provided in 6.5 (Bring back the eggplant emoji) to make sure it actually works and sends you to a forum post?

Worked for me!

Last edited by Super_Scratch_Bros20 (May 20, 2020 16:47:30)

Gipthepig424
Scratcher
500+ posts

Za-Chary wrote:

• Added 1.11 on the “Forever if C block,” seeing as it has been suggested quite a few times now and was rejected for a reason that might not be obvious at first glance.

• Generalized 8.5 to “Recycle usernames.” This, of course, encompasses the previous suggestions asking to delete inactive accounts and delete name-sniping accounts. I found a link that serves as a pretty good reason why this is rejected, removing the other links provided in the past. Hopefully this makes everything more clear.

• Considered a very nice and well-written post by @WindOctahedron to normalize the use of the acronym TOLORS. The LORAP that was provided was particularly helpful. Ultimately I decided not to use it because it's not really needed, and I fear that it would just be confusing for new forum users. However, I am not discouraging the use of the acronym TOLORS in the forums, so you are welcome to use it as you see fit.

• Reconsidered adding “Forest button” to the list and decided not to, since it is not suggested often, and pretty easily workaroundable by using the Search bar at the top of the website. Similar to other “game kits,” as well as the aforementioned idea that “game kit” is not well-defined.

• Considered editing 10.1 to say “Change the 60 second rule,” but decided against it since that is not actually rejected. A recent suggestion about that was made, and closed by the topic owner, rather than rejected.

• Considered editing 2.7 to give more detail, but I cannot do this as I do not have more detail other than what I already stated and what is in the link provided. I think what is given is a sufficient reason for rejection — we don't have the resources to put Scratch on a game console.

• Also, could someone please check the link provided in 6.5 (Bring back the eggplant emoji) to make sure it actually works and sends you to a forum post?
Ok! And I will test the link.

Check out my new Game
Flood Escape v1.0
I worked quite a bit of time on it. Use the arrow keys to progress upwards to escape the rising flood and try to escape the cave. Please consider playing it! Ctrl+shift+down to see the rest of my signature

Gipthepig424

Friends:
 wam_clap :: #57BCFF
 mimicyu455:: #FF925B 
Lord_of_Fish :: #1F87FF
MoosyNinja :: #280B78
 Pawored0o :: sensing 
BBCode
This is my signature… Luckily, an evil kumquat has not eaten it. Thanks to some of the guards
<<Bob the evil kumquat guard :: #787374 ?>  <Roger the other guard :: #0A0A0A>> :: #631700
I am Gipthepig424.
This is my signature.
So…. what are you doing here?
Meh
I will just say some things…
I guess…
So…
My favourite color is Lime green
My favourite animal is a Pig
My posts:
(Posts:0 [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [ v] [ v] [ v] [ v] [ v] [ v] [ v] [ v] [ v] [ v] [ v] [ v] 1000)
( each [] means 50 posts, the first one being 0 < each [ v] means not completed yet
I will add more soon…
I guess…
See you…
Have a great day…

Why did you waste your time doing that?
PizzaAddict4Life
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Za-Chary wrote:

-snip-

The link for 6.5 works

Projects

Studios
Be Moist | Forum Helpers

Topics
#RoadToMoist100

Whats a stick?

Gipthepig424
Scratcher
500+ posts

Works for me.

Check out my new Game
Flood Escape v1.0
I worked quite a bit of time on it. Use the arrow keys to progress upwards to escape the rising flood and try to escape the cave. Please consider playing it! Ctrl+shift+down to see the rest of my signature

Gipthepig424

Friends:
BBCode
This is my signature… Luckily, an evil kumquat has not eaten it. Thanks to some of the guards
<<Bob the evil kumquat guard :: #787374 ?>  <Roger the other guard :: #0A0A0A>> :: #631700
I am Gipthepig424.
This is my signature.
Meh
I guess…
So…
My posts:
(Posts:0 [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [] [ v] [ v] [ v] [ v] [ v] [ v] [ v] [ v] [ v] [ v] [ v] [ v] 1000)
( each [] means 50 posts, the first one being 0 < each [ v] means not completed yet
I will add more soon…
I guess…
See you…
Have a great day…

Za-Chary
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Super_Scratch_Bros20 wrote:

Za-Chary* wrote:

Worked for me!

PizzaAddict4Life wrote:

Za-Chary wrote:

-snip-

The link for 6.5 works

Gipthepig424 wrote:

Works for me.
Thank you all!

Super_Scratch_Bros20
Scratcher
1000+ posts

By the way, as you're making updates, I feel as though the Scratch for video game consoles is very brief. I would suggest you to add on to it a bit more. I feel as though many users may not understand why it's rejected.

….

Gipthepig424
Scratcher
500+ posts

Np.

Check out my new Game
Flood Escape v1.0

Gipthepig424

Friends:
BBCode
I am Gipthepig424.
This is my signature.
Meh
I guess…
So…
My posts:
I will add more soon…
I guess…
See you…
Have a great day…

Za-Chary
Scratcher
1000+ posts

By the way, as you're making updates, I feel as though the Scratch for video game consoles is very brief. I would suggest you to add on to it a bit more. I feel as though many users may not understand why it's rejected.
….
I already considered it… please see the post I made.

robloxdude10
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Za-Chary wrote:

OK!

Last edited by robloxdude10 (May 20, 2020 16:50:20)

i have moved accounts you can find me here
Super_Scratch_Bros20
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Za-Chary wrote:

….
I already considered it… please see the post I made.

Oh, sorry. I missed that part.

M1mikyu
Scratcher
1000+ posts

PizzaAddict4Life wrote:

Cometflight wrote:

Rejected suggestions are here

I am not sure if your suggestion can be “confirmed” though, but anything that is here is rejected
A suggestion I made awhile ago was accepted and implemented once. It was to rephrase the Advanced Topic’s forum description, it mentioned talking about “scratch mods” and I suggested them to specify they meant modifications, as mod has a few other meanings which it could have easily been confused with such as moderators. To show how easy it was to mix up, one time I made a Paddle2See discussion thread there.

Za-chary, is it normal to feel bad when our suggestion gets rejected? Sometimes when I see that a ST member closed my topic and rejected it I just feel really bad that they didn’t like my idea and said no. It sort of gives the feeling that I did something wrong or broke the rules…. maybe the ST should rephrase the “suggestion is rejected” message to make it seem less threatening(not the right word but close enough). Same with the duplicate message.

Behold, Luna's Mimikyu army!! It got killed for a moment by an evil Lord Dome, but Lord Helix brought them back!!

Super_Scratch_Bros20
Scratcher
1000+ posts

M1mikyu wrote:

Za-chary, is it normal to feel bad when our suggestion gets rejected? Sometimes when I see that a ST member closed my topic and rejected it I just feel really bad that they didn’t like my idea and said no. It sort of gives the feeling that I did something wrong or broke the rules…. maybe the ST should rephrase the “suggestion is rejected” message to make it seem less threatening(not the right word but close enough). Same with the duplicate message.

Although I've never exactly made a rejected suggestion, I will just say that there are very many rejected suggestions, so you're not alone.

EDIT: Oh, yeah. I forgot that I've made one. So, you're still not alone.

Last edited by Super_Scratch_Bros20 (May 21, 2020 18:02:49)

R4356th
Scratcher
1000+ posts

@Za-Chary, I believe 3.1 needs to be clarified. A Scratcher pointed me to it today in the Snap! Forums saying that chat projects are banned on Scratch! (Which is not and has been clarified by you and dietbacon)(If you are interested then this is the link). Chat projects that do not let you chat freely are allowed. Even though you have linked the announcement made by dietbacon, I do not think many people will visit them one by one.