Discuss Scratch

Super_Scratch_Bros20
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Official List of Rejected Suggestions

Hey, forest generators got rejected.

Because this has been suggested, along with water generator and jello generator (wish I could find the links), I would either add it as “pre-programmed generators” or not add it.

By the way, in the topic, a user added a bunch of rumors in there. Are these true? I have a feeling that they were designed to mess with our heads.

EDIT: The rumors were deleted, yet they still exist in quotes.

EDIT 2: Never mind, the quotes were deleted as well. I've typically assumed rumors to be false rather than true until given proper evidence, but after the user being blocked, and the posts getting removed from all other users, that got me thinking. Is this true?

Last edited by Super_Scratch_Bros20 (May 18, 2020 21:21:52)

fdreerf
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Super_Scratch_Bros20 wrote:

By the way, in the topic, a user added a bunch of rumors in there. Are these true? I have a feeling that they were designed to mess with our heads.
Occam's Razor.
It's easier to believe that Scratch was made to teach to kids code, and not a twisted social experiment on adolescents, because you need less assumptions.

Hyped for MS-DOS 11.0
26sl___
Scratcher
99 posts

Is it rejected to change the paint editor back to the old one?

This is bob:
((^__^))
He eats kumquats
i guess im a junior forum helper?

Scratch Help Guide
Custom Blocks!
ScratchPack Store!
Logic Gate Playground
Press CTRL+SHIFT+DOWN after highlighting a bit of my signature to see the rest of my signature (and keep doing it)

Im currently: ⌚online, a bit⌚

Forum Post Achievements       50 [CHECK] 50+[CHECK] 100 [  ] 100+ [  ]  500 [  ] 500+ [  ] 1000 [  ] 1000+ [  ]

THIS IS BIG
this is small
This is bold
This is italic
This is underlined
and this is a stroke
THIS IS ALL OF THEM COMBINED
also this
This is a signature.

MY FAVORITE WAY TO DIE IN MINECRAFT!

flicking a lever that
does something to something does something to something then it throws an anvil one block away from your head.

And then a creeper blows you up.

CREEPER? AWWWWWWWW MAN

I call that an old meme!

And this is you after reading my signiature!

Or this.

If you think this is inappropriate/breaking the guidelines you may report it
mouse

WAIT!
Are you sure you want to report me? It will make my sad..
PLEASE DONT!
Here's a cookie!

this is me after you reported me
(how am i supposed to continue this? )

Still reading? wow,

Super_Scratch_Bros20
Scratcher
1000+ posts

26sl___ wrote:

Za-Chary* wrote:

2.3 Set the editor to look like older versions of Scratch
Some users prefer the look and feel of the Scratch 2.0 editor, and have suggested that the editor look like Scratch 2.0, but still run off of HTML5 like Scratch 3.0 does. However, this would be more complicated for educational and documentation purposes. It could be confusing if someone is trying to learn Scratch from someone who is using a completely different layout of the editor than them.

In addition, the Scratch Team changed the design for a reason: to make it easier, more intuitive, and friendlier for newcomers to use. If you dislike the Scratch 3.0 editor, you can still download the Scratch 1.4 or Scratch 2.0 offline editors.

However, the Scratch Team is still considering adding options to change the block size inside the editor, an option to switch the side of the screen the stage is on, and an option for a dark mode interface. It may be some time, though, before these ideas are implemented; please be patient.

2.4 Revert back to older versions of Scratch
Scratch has to update sometimes in order to accommodate for certain changes. In particular, an online editor that ran off of Adobe Flash (rather than Java) was added in Scratch 2.0, and Scratch 3.0 was created for tablet support and in anticipation of the discontinuation of Flash. Changing the editor back to these older versions of Scratch would not only undo years of hard work by the Scratch Team, but also might not work online anymore. If you wish, you can download the Scratch 1.4 and Scratch 2.0 offline editors. However, the Scratch Team is likely no longer concerned with fixing any bugs with these offline editors.

The Scratch Team is still working on bug fixes, new features, and other improvements on Scratch 3.0. The new interface was created in such a way that it is easy for the Scratch Team to make new updates, and they are indeed continuously making new updates (although these updates and bug fixes take much longer to implement than you think). Don't worry, Scratch 3.0 is far from finished!

60-Second Rule, stop stalling me!

Za-Chary
Scratcher
1000+ posts

EDIT 2: Never mind, the quotes were deleted as well. I've typically assumed rumors to be false rather than true until given proper evidence, but after the user being blocked, and the posts getting removed from all other users, that got me thinking. Is this true?
Well, if rumors are false, then we might remove them because they are spreading misinformation. The Community Guidelines state that you should “Be honest,” and spreading rumors is not being honest. I don't know what rumors you are referring to, but if they were removed, then it's likely because they were false rumors intended to trick people.

26sl___ wrote:

Technically, I don't think so, although I don't understand why anyone would want to go back to a paint editor with less capabilities. There is a suggestion here about an option to go back to the old paint editor — I suggest continuing the discussion there.

This is my forum signature! On a forum post, it is okay for Scratchers to advertise in their forum signature. The signature is the stuff that shows up below the horizontal line on the post. It will show up on every post I make.

I was a Scratch Team member from May 10th 2019 to October 29th 2021.

my notebook | scratch team essay | accessibility essay
26sl___
Scratcher
99 posts

Za-Chary wrote:

Well, if rumors are false, then we might remove them because they are spreading misinformation. The Community Guidelines state that you should “Be honest,” and spreading rumors is not being honest. I don't know what rumors you are referring to, but if they were removed, then it's likely because they were false rumors intended to trick people.

26sl___ wrote:

Technically, I don't think so, although I don't understand why anyone would want to go back to a paint editor with less capabilities. There is a suggestion here about an option to go back to the old paint editor — I suggest continuing the discussion there.
Ok.

This is bob:
((^__^))
He eats kumquats

Scratch Help Guide
Custom Blocks!
ScratchPack Store!
Logic Gate Playground
Press CTRL+SHIFT+DOWN after highlighting a bit of my signature to see the rest of my signature (and keep doing it)

Forum Post Achievements       50 [CHECK] 50+[CHECK] 100 [  ] 100+ [  ]  500 [  ] 500+ [  ] 1000 [  ] 1000+ [  ]

THIS IS BIG
this is small
This is bold
This is italic
This is underlined
and this is a stroke
also this
This is a signature.

flicking a lever that
does something to something does something to something then it throws an anvil one block away from your head.

CREEPER? AWWWWWWWW MAN

I call that an old meme!

Or this.

mouse

WAIT!
PLEASE DONT!
Here's a cookie!

Still reading? wow,

pavcato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I think you should add a “Blocks or Kits that Make Projects for you” to the The Official List of Rejected Suggestions because of the Forest button https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/405264/ , the Video Game block https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/405646/ and the FNAF game kit https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/390266/ where they insisted on breaking the slogan to make projects with a few clicks. These were all made in between 2 days and now they're getting more common. These also were all rejected.

Last edited by pavcato (May 19, 2020 16:01:58)

Super_Scratch_Bros20
Scratcher
1000+ posts

pavcato wrote:

I think you should add a “Blocks or Kits that Make Projects for you” to the The Official List of Rejected Suggestions because of the Forest button https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/405264/ , the Video Game block https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/405646/ and the FNAF game kit https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/390266/ where they insisted on breaking the slogan to make projects with a few clicks. These were all made in between 2 days and now they're getting more common. These also were all rejected.

I'll add another one to your list: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/405661/

Something seems fishy about these users, though.

(removed by moderator – please don't gossip about other Scratchers)

Ah, sorry.

Last edited by Super_Scratch_Bros20 (May 19, 2020 20:08:07)

Za-Chary
Scratcher
1000+ posts

pavcato wrote:

I'll add another one to your list: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/405661/
I don't think I really need to add these to the list because it's a little difficult to define what a “game kit” is. Is a tutorial a “game kit”? Would “exponential block” be rejected for the same reason?

The FNAF game kit wasn't much of a suggestion as it was a request. Forest kit is rejected, but not commonly suggested to be added to the list. The other topics have been deleted rather than closed, so I assume something else was going on there.

Something seems fishy about these users, though.
I think you're reading too much into it. Typos happen, and sometimes people get irrationally angry at the Scratch Team. But of course, if you suspect that someone is trolling the forums, it never hurts to use the Report button so we can take a look at it.

Last edited by Za-Chary (May 19, 2020 18:57:10)

This is my forum signature! On a forum post, it is okay for Scratchers to advertise in their forum signature. The signature is the stuff that shows up below the horizontal line on the post. It will show up on every post I make.

Za-Chary
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Wait a second, wait a second, this is all turning into gossip at this point. Let's keep the topic on track, here. I'm going to remove any posts that gossip about other Scratchers.

megakidX
Scratcher
100+ posts

scratch's tutorials exist for a reason, heck thats how i made my first game (met VS shrek) with those things

Hi im megakidx
or matrix or lance idc.
im 15 and i like legos
UltraSparky12
Scratcher
100+ posts

Za-Chary wrote:

Wait a second, wait a second, this is all turning into gossip at this point. Let's keep the topic on track, here. I'm going to remove any posts that gossip about other Scratchers.

it's not a gossip!
R4356th
Scratcher
1000+ posts

megakidX
Scratcher
100+ posts

We should add group project in scratch it would be way easier for collabs

Hi im megakidx
or matrix or lance idc.
im 15 and i like legos
26sl___
Scratcher
99 posts

megakidX wrote:

We should add group project in scratch it would be way easier for collabs
Did you read the this?
2.1 Adding users to work on projects
This would be difficult to moderate not only due to technological limitations, but also because it could lead to private messaging; for more information, see #7.1 on this list. This suggestion includes live editing (similar to Google Docs) and other forms of private collaboration. If you would like to work on a project with another Scratcher, you can remix each others' projects.

The Scratch Team is interested in making some form of collaboration on Scratch. However, until the problems regarding moderation issues are addressed, this suggestion will likely not be implemented anytime soon. One potential solution is a turn-based collaboration system for shared projects, which is NOT rejected; you can discuss it on this topic.
Also, don't suggest things on this topic you but you can ask if somethings rejected.

Last edited by 26sl___ (May 19, 2020 19:23:23)

This is bob:
((^__^))
He eats kumquats

Scratch Help Guide
Custom Blocks!
ScratchPack Store!
Logic Gate Playground

THIS IS BIG
this is small
This is bold
This is italic
This is underlined
and this is a stroke
also this
This is a signature.

flicking a lever that

CREEPER? AWWWWWWWW MAN

I call that an old meme!

Or this.

mouse

WAIT!
PLEASE DONT!
Here's a cookie!

Still reading? wow,

megakidX
Scratcher
100+ posts

ok

Hi im megakidx
or matrix or lance idc.
im 15 and i like legos
Za-Chary
Scratcher
1000+ posts

R4356th wrote:

@Za-Chary, any idea about what happened to this suggestion? It seems like it was closed due to blockspam.
I do not know why that was closed. I presume it was closed for blockspam, but asking @Paddle2See would be good to serve as confirmation as whether it was rejected.

R4356th
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Za-Chary wrote:

R4356th wrote:

@Za-Chary, any idea about what happened to this suggestion? It seems like it was closed due to blockspam.
I do not know why that was closed. I presume it was closed for blockspam, but asking @Paddle2See would be good to serve as confirmation as whether it was rejected.
Okay, thank you.
M1mikyu
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I remember in the 1.0 editor there were sprites that came with some scripts in them to help people get inspiration for their projects (if I recall correctly one of them was an ant and it had a script that makes them jitter around.)

They were a pretty cool feature.

The discussion about the project generator things reminded me of them.

Behold, Luna's Mimikyu army!! It got killed for a moment by an evil Lord Dome, but Lord Helix brought them back!!

Za-Chary
Scratcher
1000+ posts

M1mikyu wrote:

I remember in the 1.0 editor there were sprites that came with some scripts in them to help people get inspiration for their projects (if I recall correctly one of them was an ant and it had a script that makes them jitter around.)

They were a pretty cool feature.

The discussion about the project generator things reminded me of them.
I remember that as well — but I think I also remember them not working for me.