Discuss Scratch

bobslimypotato
Scratcher
21 posts

[thread closed] ★ Known Bugs & Glitches on 3.0 ★

When I try to edit a costume the entire background turns white and then the edits happen, but as soon as I switch costumes it reverts backto its previous state. ANd this only happens in one sprite.

Last edited by bobslimypotato (March 19, 2019 23:42:08)

The Potato Dominion will destroy all who do not side with it.

Falcon_Minecraft
Scratcher
3 posts

I can't change my profile picture. as you can see it's pretty bad and i have wanted to change it for a while, but whenever i press the chane button in my profile, my profile page just refreshes. Please help

when green flag clicked
go to front
great_elmo
Scratcher
500+ posts

bug, when the show sprite slider is set to show, sprites are not showing
when green flag clicked
show

Total weeaboo.

Steam
ZooWeeMinecraft
Scratcher
83 posts

great_elmo wrote:

bug, when the show sprite slider is set to show, sprites are not showing
when green flag clicked
show
I've never had this glitch happen before, but try using the show and hide blocks.
show

hide
hope I helped!

Hello! ZooWeeMinecraft here! I sometimes like to help on the forums with problems people are having!
go to (Z::#D00000)(O::#F00000)(O)(W::#FF9000)(E::#FFD000)(E::#FFF000)(M::#00FA00)(I::#00F000)(N::#00F990)(E::#00FFF0)(C::#009FF0)(R::#000FF0)(A::#9000FD)(F::#A000AA)(T::#F000AA)('S::#F000FF) profile today!::#999999
Gamerboy656
Scratcher
2 posts

RyGuy1107 wrote:

I can't load sprites from my backpack for some reason. Do you know why? Could it be because they are from an older version of Scratch(Scratch 2.0)?
Sorry to say this, but you can't recover your Scratch 2.0 backpack. They had made an announcement that they were re-programming the backpack, and therefore were going to reset everyone backpacks. They also provided instructions on how to back up everything.
Viator-Eno
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Gamerboy656 wrote:

RyGuy1107 wrote:

I can't load sprites from my backpack for some reason. Do you know why? Could it be because they are from an older version of Scratch(Scratch 2.0)?
Sorry to say this, but you can't recover your Scratch 2.0 backpack. They had made an announcement that they were re-programming the backpack, and therefore were going to reset everyone backpacks. They also provided instructions on how to back up everything.
I would say that it's too late.

╔╗─╔╦╗──╔╗───────╔═╗
║╚╦╝╠╬═╗║╚╦═╦╦╦══╣╦╬═╦╦═╗
╚╗║╔╣║╬╚╣╔╣╬║╔╩══╣╩╣║║║╬║
─╚═╝╚╩══╩═╩═╩╝───╚═╩╩═╩═╝
pondermake
Scratcher
100+ posts

ShinyGermanParachute wrote:

One of the missing features that has affected a lot, especially me, is that all remix trees have been erased since the launch of Scratch 3.0! Will you try adding them back soon? I don't want to back and forth all the way just trying to see how many remixes a project has, a project remixed from that has, and so on. The one thing I will understand is if this feature was removed due to it starting to overload the filesize cap.
when I receive [ Scratch 3.0]
delete ( all) of [remix trees]

broadcast [Most users upset]

Also, it's rather upsetting that we can no longer save sounds to a local file.

when green flag clicked

[scratchblocks]
insert [saving sounds to a local file] at (1 v) of [Scratch features v]
[/scratchblocks]
[scratchblocks]
[/scratchblocks]
[scratchblocks]

delete (1 v) of [Scratch features v]

[/scratchblocks]

The remix tree is a much loved feature and we've gotten requests to add it back! I'm not sure what the plan is - we would like to improve the remix-viewing experience but this probably will not happen for some while. Thanks for your 2 cents, I will take it back to the team when we revisit this

Also - do you mean exporting a sound to your computer? I believe we recently added a way to do that, by rightclicking on the sound and clicking “Export.” Let me know if you meant something different!

Last edited by pondermake (March 21, 2019 14:26:26)

nathaniel00012
Scratcher
45 posts

pondermake wrote:

ShinyGermanParachute wrote:

One of the missing features that has affected a lot, especially me, is that all remix trees have been erased since the launch of Scratch 3.0! Will you try adding them back soon? I don't want to back and forth all the way just trying to see how many remixes a project has, a project remixed from that has, and so on. The one thing I will understand is if this feature was removed due to it starting to overload the filesize cap.
delete ( all) of [remix trees]

broadcast [Most users upset]

Also, it's rather upsetting that we can no longer save sounds to a local file.

when green flag clicked

[scratchblocks]
insert [saving sounds to a local file] at (1 v) of [Scratch features v]
[/scratchblocks]
[scratchblocks]
[/scratchblocks]
[scratchblocks]

delete (1 v) of [Scratch features v]

[/scratchblocks]

The remix tree is a much loved feature and we've gotten requests to add it back! I'm not sure what the plan is - we would like to improve the remix-viewing experience but this probably will not happen for some while. Thanks for your 2 cents, I will take it back to the team when we revisit this

Also - do you mean exporting a sound to your computer? I believe we recently added a way to do that, by rightclicking on the sound and clicking “Export.” Let me know if you meant something different!
Commenting about the remix tree, you can still go to a project's remix tree by adding /remixtree after the project's URL.

Sadly, my signature has left the forum (alongside myself).
heyitscrystal
Scratcher
100+ posts

I'm using Microsoft Edge on my school computer but it's saying its not supported even though it's a supported browser.

HiItsCrystal
Hashi24
Scratcher
31 posts

I will try to put something in my backpack. And it will not go in the backpack. Please fix this bug.

(-w-)Hi I’m Hashi how are you? I like making projects. Wanna follow me?go follow me on my on my profile[scratchblocks]

when green flag clicked
forever
Make (awesome) projects
end[/scratchblocks]
when green flag clicked
Use (telepathy ) allday
ZooWeeMinecraft
Scratcher
83 posts

heyitscrystal wrote:

I'm using Microsoft Edge on my school computer but it's saying its not supported even though it's a supported browser.
certain versions of Microsoft Edge aren't really supported.

Hello! ZooWeeMinecraft here! I sometimes like to help on the forums with problems people are having!
go to (Z::#D00000)(O::#F00000)(O)(W::#FF9000)(E::#FFD000)(E::#FFF000)(M::#00FA00)(I::#00F000)(N::#00F990)(E::#00FFF0)(C::#009FF0)(R::#000FF0)(A::#9000FD)(F::#A000AA)(T::#F000AA)('S::#F000FF) profile today!::#999999
gregatku
Scratcher
100+ posts

pondermake wrote:

The remix tree is a much loved feature and we've gotten requests to add it back! I'm not sure what the plan is - we would like to improve the remix-viewing experience “but this probably will not happen for some while”. Thanks for your 2 cents, I will take it back to the team when we revisit this
WHY? Fixing it will be a grand total of 2 minutes work for one person. Users responding on this Forum have already pointed out that the Remix Tree is still there. scratch.mit.edu/projects/<project-number>/remixtree/ is all you need and there's your Remix Tree in all its former glory. The only problem is that the project page for a shared project with one or more Remixes, no longer has a Remix Tree hyperlink. It would take no more than 2 minutes to put a Remix Tree image somewhere on the Project Page (or simply use the Remixes text heading as a Remixtree hyperlink) for any shared project with Remixes, and then associate the above URL as a hyperlink, and the job is done!

Last edited by gregatku (March 23, 2019 09:04:05)

girlsruless
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hi, can you plz add this to the list? A vector sprite glitch in Edge

ROBLOX, Minecraft, Pokémon, AJ, Miraculous, Warrior cats, HTTYD, and CW fan(and obviosly a girl), girlsruless.

imquaint
Scratcher
1 post

I am using a Chromebook on the Dev Channel and all of the images in any projects I open seem flipped upside down.

“A delayed update is eventually good, but a rushed update is forever bad.” - Hideo Kojima
Hi, I like to make fun of terrible movies and play video games. Please approach with caution, I bite.
yanshir
Scratcher
7 posts

when running a project, text and images don't show properly, or not at all ((((((

Last edited by yanshir (March 24, 2019 01:12:10)

MidnightTheKitten
Scratcher
100+ posts

So this isn't happening to me, but my friend @Rowena1907 is on a pretty old PC computer and she can't upload a .png image as a costume. If she tries to upload it as a sprite it just stays on the green loading thing, and if she tries to upload it as a costume it loads for a few seconds and then just goes away and doesn't upload it. Please help? It works when she tries to upload a snipshot (which is a Windows feature similar to a screenshot) but not when she tries to upload .png files she got from a game called Gachaverse. The same thing works on my computer so I'm not sure what it is.

Edit: She's tried clearing her cache and rebooting her computer but it still doesn't work.

Last edited by MidnightTheKitten (March 24, 2019 19:32:43)

I'm Midnight and I made a cat game and I'm an ancient being (joined Scratch in 2015)

I like mozzarella sticks, cats, computer science, music, singing, and theater

ZooWeeMinecraft
Scratcher
83 posts

imquaint wrote:

I am using a Chromebook on the Dev Channel and all of the images in any projects I open seem flipped upside down.
Are they pointing the right way? The only reason they might be upside down is that you have them pointing at -90 degrees, with rotation set to all around.
when green flag clicked
set rotation style [all around v]
point in direction (-90)
Try setting the rotation to 90 degrees or set rotation style to don't rotate. Hope I helped!

DobbsBigbear
Scratcher
51 posts

I am trying to develop project to play chords like major triad, minor triad using “play note” blocks of the Music extension for music class of elementary school. The music extension blocks work to play single code, but those does not work to play multiple codes at a time.
Please tell me how to play note parallelly using music extension block.
When current version is not supported, please tell me enhancement plan for the music extension in Scratch team.
Kooldude183
Scratcher
37 posts

Alright, about the cloud data bug.
While testing one of my projects, Cloud Chat v2 Project, I noticed that the cloud variables would reset when a new player opens the project. I'm guessing that the cloud variables reset to a state when the project was last saved by the creator in the editor. So when a new player opens the project, the project retrieves the data stored in the project save, and not the cloud, and then reports that data to the cloud.

-Kooldude183
gor-dee
Scratcher
1000+ posts

DobbsBigbear wrote:

I am trying to develop project to play chords like major triad, minor triad using “play note” blocks of the Music extension for music class of elementary school. The music extension blocks work to play single code, but those does not work to play multiple codes at a time.
Please tell me how to play note parallelly using music extension block.
When current version is not supported, please tell me enhancement plan for the music extension in Scratch team.
You can use broadcasts..
broadcast [ play chord v]
when I receive [play chord v]
play note (60 v) for (0.5) beats
when I receive [play chord v]
play note (65 v) for (0.5) beats
or you can use clones…@TheLogFather has the best method here https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/140694370/