Discuss Scratch

Zigdev
Scratcher
100+ posts

[thread closed] ★ Known Bugs & Glitches on 3.0 ★

opaline wrote:

Zigdev wrote:

My browser / operating system / Cmputer: Windows NT 10.0, Chrome 75.0.3770.142, MSI A6300
1080p resuletion
i cannot save my new outro
Link: Here
dumb reply: try downloading the sprites or getting an ethernet cable. maybe your wifi's terrible (not tryna offend)
here is the file: http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=04413157716332693572
used tinyupload
Zigdev
Scratcher
100+ posts

opaline wrote:

Zigdev wrote:

My browser / operating system / Cmputer: Windows NT 10.0, Chrome 75.0.3770.142, MSI A6300
1080p resuletion
i cannot save my new outro
Link: Here
dumb reply: try downloading the sprites or getting an ethernet cable. maybe your wifi's terrible (not tryna offend)
i am using mobile hotspot
Zigdev
Scratcher
100+ posts

My browser / operating system: Windows NT 10.0, Chrome 75.0.3770.142
on MSI A6300
1366x768 resolution
unknown bug
scratch crashes when you edit a sound
this is what I got

Last edited by Zigdev (July 21, 2019 04:22:18)

211A
Scratcher
54 posts

One bug I noticed was with the sound editor. After uploading a sound (that was within the size limits as the project is successfully saved), I cannot use the crop function. I am not sure why this is, but i does not appear to be listed above.

Abyssal Flame____Cactus Civil War____River Monsters Game__Guiding Hearts

“If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind, of what, then, is an empty desk a sign of?” -Albert Einstein
Also, I don't rlly want to follow discussions as a general rule, so if you have any further questions, I recommend you ask on my profile.
RedRajasaurus
Scratcher
6 posts

Ok, so I have 2 bugs that I've found. The first one is the fact that projects don't load fully on IOS devices sometimes. When I go into a project, there might be some missing lines in a piece of art, or some platforms not showing. Maybe it's just my computer, or just something else. Another problem is that when I make scrolling games, when I use the straight line tool, and press shift so that is completely straight, and it is horizontal, like this——-, it doesn't show up in the game. Maybe it's just my computer or my scripts, I dunno.
abualrob
Scratcher
100+ posts

Its so annoying when I click a message then exit the the message “1” still shows
abualrob
Scratcher
100+ posts

Its so annoying when I click a message then exit the the message “1” still shows
Maple-Lace
Scratcher
100+ posts

I don't know if this is a bug/glitch but when I go into backdrops the backpack disappears and I can't use it. It is the same with costumes. It has only happened to me on this project https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/321767854/editor (Far as I know) If I open the backpack and then go to costumes/backdrops it closes. I can see it but it won't open. The only way I can get stuff into the backpack was if I went to sound or code and drag the entire sprite there(Oh also, if it is a backdrop I have to make it a sprite) I eventually got it but if Scratch could fix this that'd be great!\
(If this helps in any way: I'm on Chrome on a Windows at the time and was editing the project)

Last edited by Maple-Lace (July 26, 2019 11:17:34)

CURRENT EVENTS FOR US:
Maple:
Get Down MAP (Not released)
Ghoststar's Silence Chapter 4 and Prolouge
A * ton of MAP parts
====================================================================================================================Lace:
SECRET
====================================================================================================================

Our favorite quote:
If a baby is doing a backflip, we have bigger issues to worry about. ~Maple
DiscoDudeJJ
Scratcher
7 posts

umm… so i just loaded up my project and 2 sprites have completely vanished. Gone. Please help scratch! i need this fixed!
project: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/207426078
operating system: mac osx sierra v.10.12.6
browser: firefox
scriptmaker_2018
Scratcher
34 posts

Also, a missing feature is the sound editor area selecting. It was easier to use!
You cannot record project videos and other stuff when you hold shift and click file. But it was able to do in 2.0

scriptmaker_2018
Scratcher
34 posts

Bicher wrote:

The Scratch 3.0 Offline Editor saves my projects, but it isn't able to load them. When I try to “load them from my Computer” nothing happens. When I click on the thumbnails directly the Offline Editor starts, but with an empty project. I'm using Windows 8.1.

If I log in in my Web-Accout even the Offline editor works and loads projects from my Computer. But the offline editor should work even if there is no internet connection.

I'm a teacher and at school we are still bad equipped with Internet Connection. I have installed Scratch 2.0 on all Computers and we work well with it, even when there is no Internet. But would like to upgrade to the new Version.

Can you help me?
maybe you are trying to upload them in 2.0

Pokedoodle151
Scratcher
3 posts

I cant create a new project as the screen never comes out of the loading page. I use the latest FireFox brower 68.0.1. Please help me fix this so I can create a new project. Thank you.
gregatku
Scratcher
100+ posts

Bicher wrote:

The Scratch 3.0 Offline Editor saves my projects, but it isn't able to load them. When I try to “load them from my Computer” nothing happens. When I click on the thumbnails directly the Offline Editor starts, but with an empty project. I'm using Windows 8.1.

If I log in in my Web-Accout even the Offline editor works and loads projects from my Computer. But the offline editor should work even if there is no internet connection.

I'm a teacher and at school we are still bad equipped with Internet Connection. I have installed Scratch 2.0 on all Computers and we work well with it, even when there is no Internet. But would like to upgrade to the new Version.

Can you help me?
I think I can. This is what I know. First of all when you do “Load from your computer”, Scratch pops a little Window asking if you want to replace the current project. If you don't notice it (I have done it many times) and click somewhere else on the project page it instantly disappears and nothing happens before you even noticed that it popped up. However if you are careful not to click anywhere on the project page, you will see the little pop-up and if you click “Yes”, it will load the project.

I get the same error as you when doing “Save to your computer”, as in it opens up an empty Offline Editor project, but it does actually save your project, but in the “Downloads” folder. But this only happens on my Windows 7 Desktop. On my Windows 10 Laptop this doesn't happen and “Save to your computer” works as you would expect it to. So you must be using Windows 7. I don't think the Scratch Team will fix it because the doco says that Scratch (3.0) is not supported on versions of Windows less than Windows 10, but it does work perfectly on Winodws 7 as far as I can tell, except for this quirky annoying little problem with “Save to your computer” but you can easily work around it just by going to your “Downloads” folder and moving it to where you really wanted to save the project.

Hope that helps. Regards Greg

Last edited by gregatku (July 25, 2019 22:19:55)

Maple-Lace
Scratcher
100+ posts

Found something else. I was trying to draw a wolf and I relized that the leg clipped through the tail(it was one line) I tried to erase THAT ONE LINE. A random area around that became black. At first I thought it was because both the fill and outline were black I changed it and it still happened. If Scratch could fix it that would be amazing.(Also to fix it i had to go to bitmap)

Last edited by Maple-Lace (July 26, 2019 14:44:52)

CURRENT EVENTS FOR US:
Maple:
A * ton of MAP parts
====================================================================================================================Lace:
SECRET
====================================================================================================================

Our favorite quote:
Ocawesome101
Scratcher
5 posts

I have some issues using Phosphorus. I know it may not be supported officially by the Scratch team, but this issue is specifically related to certain links leading to https://projects.scratch.mit.edu; https://projects.scratch.mit.edu/internalapi/project/322195979/get/ is my specific problem (it 404s in Phosphorus). If this can be fixed that would be appreciated as the project is fairly intensive.

Thanks!
– Ocawesome101
AlpineRose
Scratcher
32 posts

I wanted to get some music (I can't upload any because of my dad's rules) and I found a really good song in another project but it said “Error Loading Backpack” after, like 10 seconds once I put it in the backpack! Please fix this!

TIXfan22
Scratcher
90 posts

Edited version of pondermake's post. wrote:

The first post of this
Just read the first post

Why do projects lag more in full screen?
Holy_Spirit
Scratcher
13 posts

Bug in vector editor. One group of shapes after moving glitched. Now I cant move it, group/ungroup, act with layers and delete it. But I still can reshape, flip, erase etc. It also have ugly blue frame that exist even if I erase shapes.
Maple-Lace
Scratcher
100+ posts

I found a bug with the messages. So I go into scratch and check my messages. I don't click on every single one. I go into one of my projects and there still says there are new messages. I go back into messages and all are grey(old messages) instead of blue(new messages)
So basically it said, there were new messages when their wasn't

Last edited by Maple-Lace (July 27, 2019 10:11:33)

CURRENT EVENTS FOR US:
Maple:
A * ton of MAP parts
SECRET

Our favorite quote:
AlpineRose
Scratcher
32 posts

Maple-Lace wrote:

I found a bug with the messages. So I go into scratch and check my messages. I don't click on every single one. I go into one of my projects and there still says there are new messages. I go back into messages and all are grey(old messages) instead of blue(new messages)
So basically it said, there were new messages when their wasn't
That isn't a bug, it's just a normal Scratch thing.