Discuss Scratch

ToadTV
Scratcher
76 posts

[thread closed] ★ Known Bugs & Glitches on 3.0 ★

pondermake wrote:

Known Bugs & Glitches

I’m not able to save my project.
A number of people have reported problems saving in the editor. If you are having trouble saving right now, it’s possible that our servers are down temporarily. It could also be due to other reasons. We are doing our best to address this.

- https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/329397/
- https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/329506/

What should I do for now?

What you can do to not lose your work is to click “File > Save to your computer” in the editor. Make sure you keep track of where it saves to on your computer.
When you are ready to keep working on it, you can upload it using “File > Load from your computer.” Hope that helps!

I can't download or upload my project in question. I have made a few forum topics, questioned an ST member, and used Contact Us, all of which were useless. Your servers are not down, as this is only one of my projects. Please try to get this fixed, saving is a rather important feature.

Call me Toad, my dude.
superalpha132
Scratcher
1 post

I found a bug in the offline editor and it is that I have a slightly heavy project of 19 MB approximately and when I give it to save the scratch it peta and it does not show me the directory where I should save it and that is why with this project I continue using the offline editor 2.0
TypeLuo
Scratcher
12 posts

RyGuy1107 wrote:

I can't load sprites from my backpack for some reason. Do you know why? Could it be because they are from an older version of Scratch(Scratch 2.0)?

Oh, the stuff in your backpack got removed. There was a project explaining how to save what was in your backpack.

It's too late now, sorry!

Last edited by TypeLuo (Jan. 4, 2019 22:14:50)

AAmania
Scratcher
25 posts

Friendplayer910 wrote:

I was unable to load any project or even the base editor page. I am using Chrome on Safe Mode of a Windows computer. All I get is a literally blue screen.
dito
add [scratch is broken] to [list 3.0 props]

HAVE EVER BEEN TROLLED ONLINE? YOUR MAY BE ELIGIBLE TO WIN
$9999,99,999 US DOLLER!!! MUCH MONEY!! CLICK HERE! DEFINETLY LIGET.
NOT SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!

-SPARKAPUG64-
Scratcher
19 posts

Nevermind.

Last edited by -SPARKAPUG64- (Jan. 4, 2019 22:55:33)

-Typer-
Scratcher
12 posts

I can't (for some reason) take items from my backpack and put them into my project. (I already did the backpack items into a project switch thing) Please help, I am working on an important project

Last edited by -Typer- (Jan. 4, 2019 22:56:31)

Check out my OSs and Game Lobbies! I’m a currently inactive scratcher who still contributes to community forums!
-Subscribe to me on YouTube: https://youtube.com/channel/UCVGM2d_aKWku_l32a1qvV2g
-Follow me on SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/j-builds
-Follow me on Player me: https://player.me/j-builds
-Subscribe to me on Twitch: https://twitch.tv/j_buildsyt
Boom_scratch
Scratcher
34 posts

-Typer- wrote:

I can't (for some reason) take items from my backpack and put them into my project. (I already did the backpack items into a project switch thing) Please help, I am working on an important project
If you are trying to put things from your backpack into a costume, that function has been removed. If items from your backpack wont go into the sprite area of your project, it may be lag or it may be a glitch in 3.0.

hello
BFDISuperFan
Scratcher
100+ posts

Aegisium_Z wrote:

i was scrolling through the comments in multiple projects(dont remember which projects) I see the same exact comment with the same exact replies twice
Did you see this happen before Scratch 3.0? If so it might just be the commenter sending the comment twice either by accident or perhaps a sign of potentional spamming. Otherwise I’ll wait for the forum creator to reply to you.

Oh hi signature reader! Thanks for reading this post. I’m BFDISuperFan, and I really love rhythm games. Oh, and while you’re here reading this, if you also like rhythm games, how about you go try out my attempt at porting DDRMAX2 on Scratch?
I'm also attempting to recreate beatmania IIDX 15: DJ TROOPERS on Scratch, but right now it's just a glorified animation gallery, check it out if you're interested!
What? An evil kumquat? Eating signatures!? Haha, you come up with some funny things-
Hey, where did my closing signature go?
BFDISuperFan
Scratcher
100+ posts

Whenever I try to load a project on an iPad, the webpage keeps reloading because a problem occurred. As far as I know, this seems to happens when the project’s file size is too big, but I’m not exactly sure what the exact file size barrier was. And I know that this shouldn’t happen, since all the projects are under 50 MB and we’re never hacked in. Is this simply because Scratch 3.0 is not exactly efficient with loading projects, or does it mean that mobile devices’ hardware limitations can only run a Scratch project whose file size is even less than 50 MB?

Oh hi signature reader! Thanks for reading this post. I’m BFDISuperFan, and I really love rhythm games. Oh, and while you’re here reading this, if you also like rhythm games, how about you go try out my attempt at porting DDRMAX2 on Scratch?
I'm also attempting to recreate beatmania IIDX 15: DJ TROOPERS on Scratch, but right now it's just a glorified animation gallery, check it out if you're interested!
What? An evil kumquat? Eating signatures!? Haha, you come up with some funny things-
BFDISuperFan
Scratcher
100+ posts

Auto-saving or saving in general while a project is running, as well as while editing and even when not running, freezes the project for quite a while, and also becomes problematic when trying to test out certain things in a project while in the editor. Once it saves it causes huge amounts of lag in the project that can persist indefinitely, which really hurts when trying to make a rhythm game. I would like it if saving can be set to NOT happen automatically, since it can really disrupt the workflow when trying to make a project. Or, if possible make saving be much more quicker like in 2.0. Hmm… kind of makes me wish that 2.0 could’ve stayed a bit longer, so Scratch 3.0 could stay as a beta for a bit more and receive more feedback, so when it’s released it would have a lot less bugs, but Flash really isn’t going to stay for much longer. I hope one day all of these pesky little bugs can be fixed.

1dat_doodles
Scratcher
2 posts

None of my shared games will load on my Mac, even the editor, but they are perfectly fine on my phone. All the games load fine. I have still been getting comments on my projects, so other people are seeing them, but someone said they couldn't. They also have a mac. It might be compatibility issues with Macs.
Paddle2See
Scratch Team
1000+ posts

This might be another case of invisible scripts

https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/327110

Scratch Team Member, kayak and pickleball enthusiast, cat caregiver.

This is my forum signature! On a forum post, it is okay for Scratchers to advertise in their forum signature. The signature is the stuff that shows up below the horizontal line on the post. It will show up on every post I make.
(credit to Za-Chary)

;
PinkPaintingHero77
Scratcher
9 posts

when i finish recording my voice and listen to it it glitches!
BFDISuperFan
Scratcher
100+ posts

1dat_doodles wrote:

None of my shared games will load on my Mac, even the editor, but they are perfectly fine on my phone. All the games load fine. I have still been getting comments on my projects, so other people are seeing them, but someone said they couldn't. They also have a mac. It might be compatibility issues with Macs.
What was your Mac model, and what MacOS was it running? What browser were you using? Those might help in figuring out the problem. I use a Mac and it loads fine for me.

Boom_scratch
Scratcher
34 posts

PinkPaintingHero77 wrote:

I know! That happened to me. Someone said it was on my end.

hello
Boom_scratch
Scratcher
34 posts

Boom_scratch wrote:

It might be on yours

hello
BFDISuperFan
Scratcher
100+ posts

Boom_scratch wrote:

Boom_scratch wrote:

It might be on yours
It looks like this issue may already be addressed, try checking the very first post of this forum, which I believe gets updated to list new bugs.

Last edited by BFDISuperFan (Jan. 5, 2019 00:33:34)

HYPERFIRE86
Scratcher
21 posts

So, when will they fix the blue screen error?!
HYPERFIRE86
Scratcher
21 posts

soy bilingue
hahasamian
Scratcher
1000+ posts

You know, I think they actually should've put forward a little more warning if they were going to erase our entire backpack from existence. This would be an actual good use of featured projects and/or that nice little area they put up to announce 3.0, and the clearing of our backpack just seems like another indication that this was a very rushed release.

But you know what, that's all in hindsight. No going back now, we're stuck with 3.0.

You know why they call ‘em “speed bumps”?
It’s because you're supposed to go super fast so when ya hit it, ya go flying through the air!

-Totally Sonic

Hey there. I'm Hahasamian! I make Sonic game projects! I'm 18, so I'm growing out of growing out of Scratch, but I do wanna do something cool here first. Work's been a bit slow lately, but I try to put something good out every now-and-again!

You can check out all my existing projects by heading to my profile (here).