Discuss Scratch

WLSThePro14321
Scratcher
3 posts

[thread closed] ★ Known Bugs & Glitches on 3.0 ★

Sorry to tell the Scratch Team, Adobe announced that Adobe Flash is no longer supported on most browsers after December 2020. Scratch is now using HTML5 and some old Scratch 2.0 projects won't work correctly. As Flash is used in the online Scratch 2.0, it seems that those projects cannot be played in other Scratch 2.0 project websites or players after December 2020 outside of the Scratch Website. It seems that Scratch 3.0 broke a lot of Scratch 2.0 projects, some of them which were very popular. Please fix all of those broken Scratch 2.0 projects, so they can work correctly in Scratch 3.0.

I AM WLSTHEPRO14321!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wow, yay and happy
My latest project!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
, No Flash version detected

Zigdev
Scratcher
100+ posts

notcooldude wrote:

Zigdev wrote:

My browser / operating system: Windows NT 10.0, Chrome 74.0.3729.131
I was making an animation, clicked the green flag and I got error id 457b278271654183af3af862be8c1dc6
I shared it for fixing it
Project URL: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/323438162/editor/
when green flag clicked
broadcast [crash v]
when green flag clicked
set [crash v] to [0]
when I receive [crash v]
if <not <[(crash)] = [0]>> then
Crash scratch

end

Happens to me.

when green flag clicked
forever
play sound [Notcooldude is still experimenting with the Scratch Blocks...]
end

Fixed

Last edited by Zigdev (Aug. 9, 2019 00:48:12)

Atten007
Scratcher
100+ posts

I also have a glitch in my editor: If I deleted something there, for example, parts of a figure or a costume, then some remnants of the deleted figure are still displayed in my project editor. Could you please rectify this from the scratch team IMMEDIATELY ?! ME NERVT AND THIS GLITCH HURTS VERY !!!!!
opaline
Scratcher
100+ posts

Maple-Lace wrote:

opaline wrote:

Maple-Lace wrote:

998712 wrote:

1.Ошибка загрузки рюкзака
2. если я удаляю название проекта и публикую его, то на главной странице отображается “998712 опубликовал проект
browser: ”My browser / operating system: Windows 7, Chrome 75.0.3770.142, No Flash version detected
1. Я думаю, что это глюк (другие сообщили об этом)
2. Я думаю, что это просто нормальная царапина. Если вы посмотрите на URL, номер, который там есть (например, projects / 5127282828) Это номер вставки проекта здесь. Надеюсь это поможет! (может быть, вы должны назвать проекты перед публикацией? Извините, если это было немного грубо / оскорбительно ….)
1. I think this is a glitch (others reported this)
2. I think this is just a normal scratch. If you look at the URL, the number that is there (for example, projects / 5127282828) This is the project insert number here. Hope this helps! (maybe you should name the projects before publishing? Sorry if it was a bit rude / insulting ….)
Am i the only one who sees this is diffrent than english?
it's russian, mah boi. i don't speak russian. i speak english and bits of spanish. yo soy muy blanca.
I know it's russian(only bc I used google translate. I thought scratch auto translated. Just bc this is the first time i seen something on here that isn't english. have to admit though. It is really cool!
in america, you get confused.
(ussr theme plays full volume)
I N S O V I E T R U S S I A, THE CONFUSION GETS YOU!

I'm opaline, aka opal.
Waluigi is in my game!
KnightedAngel
Scratcher
65 posts

im having a problem in all of my scratch projects where if I start pressing wasd ( I haven't tested other keys )
it receives the imput butt randomly wont turn the input off if I let go.

example: im scrolling in my top down game. I start pressing open of the buttons to move but now I can I cant stop moving in that direction.
great_elmo
Scratcher
100+ posts

My avoid the beetles game has cloud data that makes it go CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
example, i survived for 5 seconds but then cloud turned into 5.99999999999995

NOW THE CLOUD GETS RESET TO 4.4, (sorry about the caps)

Recovering Scrstch user. Joining YT hopefully this year.

ZooWeeMinecraft
Scratcher
83 posts

opaline wrote:

every time i try to make a new project, gobo pulls out the magnifying glass and teases me saying that he's scratching his head
It's not Gobo it's Giga.

Hello! ZooWeeMinecraft here! I sometimes like to help on the forums with problems people are having!
go to (Z::#D00000)(O::#F00000)(O)(W::#FF9000)(E::#FFD000)(E::#FFF000)(M::#00FA00)(I::#00F000)(N::#00F990)(E::#00FFF0)(C::#009FF0)(R::#000FF0)(A::#9000FD)(F::#A000AA)(T::#F000AA)('S::#F000FF) profile today!::#999999
Maple-Lace
Scratcher
100+ posts

So I typed something in a project, I left to work on something else exiting the tab. Then I go back to edit the text(spelling error) and it won't let me edit or type. It acts like I drew it when I didn't. Scratch, please fix this(fix this kind of since I had have no response from the other 3…)
System: Windows 7 and Chrome also was on bitmap
(Also can't share project, isn't finished and the text on a hidden image)

CURRENT EVENTS FOR US:
Maple:
Get Down MAP (Not released)
Ghoststar's Silence Chapter 4 and Prolouge
A * ton of MAP parts
====================================================================================================================Lace:
SECRET
====================================================================================================================

Our favorite quote:
If a baby is doing a backflip, we have bigger issues to worry about. ~Maple
Its_A_Cool_Scratcher
Scratcher
2 posts

Hi. Just found a glitch a few days ago. I cannot use any sound files I have used prior to the sound editor update and the project will run them, but without sound. However, when I enter the sound bar and click play it plays the file smoothly, with sound. I checked and the sound on my computer does work properly, its just when the sound is in a collective block (or as one piece on its own) it just doesn't play. I just am so infuriated by this glitch because sound in scratch is like gold to me. Please fix this or reply ASAP. Thanks

gregatku
Scratcher
100+ posts

Its_A_Cool_Scratcher wrote:

Hi. Just found a glitch a few days ago. I cannot use any sound files I have used prior to the sound editor update and the project will run them, but without sound. However, when I enter the sound bar and click play it plays the file smoothly, with sound. I checked and the sound on my computer does work properly, its just when the sound is in a collective block (or as one piece on its own) it just doesn't play. I just am so infuriated by this glitch because sound in scratch is like gold to me. Please fix this or reply ASAP. Thanks

I would post this in a few other threads if I was you, as these days I am not convinced anybody that counts looks at this one. If someone who does count sees it, they would be better able to work out how to fix the bug, if you provided a link to the project so they can see it (well hear it, or in your case not hear it), otherwise they are flying blind trying to guess what the problem is. Regards Greg
gor-dee
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Maple-Lace wrote:

So I typed something in a project, I left to work on something else exiting the tab. Then I go back to edit the text(spelling error) and it won't let me edit or type. It acts like I drew it when I didn't. Scratch, please fix this(fix this kind of since I had have no response from the other 3…)

You can only edit text in vector…
BrycedTea
Scratcher
100+ posts

Its_A_Cool_Scratcher wrote:

Could you put a link to the project(s) that you're seeing this issue in? Also, what browser are you using? Do you see the same issue if you use other browsers?
gregatku
Scratcher
100+ posts

BrycedTea wrote:

Could you put a link to the project(s) that you're seeing this issue in? Also, what browser are you using? Do you see the same issue if you use other browsers?
Excellent - it's great to know you guys are still looking at this thread!
Maple-Lace
Scratcher
100+ posts

gor-dee wrote:

Maple-Lace wrote:

You can only edit text in vector…

OK, now I just need to find a forum for things we should add to 3.0………Thanks!

CURRENT EVENTS FOR US:
Maple:
Get Down MAP (Not released)
Ghoststar's Silence Chapter 4 and Prolouge
A * ton of MAP parts
====================================================================================================================Lace:
SECRET
====================================================================================================================

Our favorite quote:
If a baby is doing a backflip, we have bigger issues to worry about. ~Maple
opaline
Scratcher
100+ posts

what'll happen when we reach a billion projects? billion has 10 numbers, and the phone number censor might cover the links to future parodies of mine

I'm opaline, aka opal.
Waluigi is in my game!
pondermake
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hello everyone!

We are now 8 months out from the launch of Scratch 3.0. As you may have noticed, the Scratch Team has not been super active on this thread (which was created in January 2019) and most of the bugs on this list are pretty much resolved.

That said, we are now going to close this thread. If you still have a bug or problem, please keep using the Bugs & Glitches Forum and we will try our best to look at your issues.

Thank you so much for your helpful feedback, thoughtful critique, and enthusiasm

Scratch on!
<3 pondermake on behalf of the Scratch Team