Discuss Scratch

• Discussion Forums
  • » Requests
  • » {WE’RE OPEN}⭐️TᕼE ᔕᑭᗩᑕE ᔕᕼOᑭ⭐️ - ᑎOᗯ ᕼIᖇIᑎG! ᗯE OᖴᖴEᖇ E᙭ᑭEᖇTIᔕE Iᑎ ᗩᖇT, ᑕOᗪIᑎG ᗩᑎᗪ ᖇEᐯIEᗯᔕ, ⌛️ᗩᒪᒪ ᗯITᕼIᑎ 24 ᕼOᑌᖇᔕ ᗩT ᗰOᔕT!⌛️ [RSS Feed]
lillianna81
Scratcher
500+ posts

{WE’RE OPEN}⭐️TᕼE ᔕᑭᗩᑕE ᔕᕼOᑭ⭐️ - ᑎOᗯ ᕼIᖇIᑎG! ᗯE OᖴᖴEᖇ E᙭ᑭEᖇTIᔕE Iᑎ ᗩᖇT, ᑕOᗪIᑎG ᗩᑎᗪ ᖇEᐯIEᗯᔕ, ⌛️ᗩᒪᒪ ᗯITᕼIᑎ 24 ᕼOᑌᖇᔕ ᗩT ᗰOᔕT!⌛️

UnderwaterUnicorn12 wrote:

- TE E O - OE TOY!
cool!!
Happysoul05
Scratcher
100+ posts

{WE’RE OPEN}⭐️TᕼE ᔕᑭᗩᑕE ᔕᕼOᑭ⭐️ - ᑎOᗯ ᕼIᖇIᑎG! ᗯE OᖴᖴEᖇ E᙭ᑭEᖇTIᔕE Iᑎ ᗩᖇT, ᑕOᗪIᑎG ᗩᑎᗪ ᖇEᐯIEᗯᔕ, ⌛️ᗩᒪᒪ ᗯITᕼIᑎ 24 ᕼOᑌᖇᔕ ᗩT ᗰOᔕT!⌛️

First thank you for reviewing my game.
I am not so disappointed but I was at start because I didn't know that my crabs are very fast because my pc is laggy.(Really I saw that very fast on phone but
many scratchers were complaining that my game is laggy so I thought my phone is fast!)

Answers(reason) to Your REVIEW and UPDATES I have done.:

speed:Fixed.(my pc was slow so I didn't noticed it.)
Hardness : Decreased amount of enimies(It was easy for me .)
Glitch : I am very sorry for movement glitch I used another mechanism for movement first but some scratchers were complaing that it was jumpy when you press arrow key only one time.So I added a beta one and couldn't update it.I am switching back to that jumpy mechanism and I will try to find better method for that.
Storyline : ?
Instructions:.I am thinking to add a tutorial because for younger children it's hard to get hang of basics of the game..I made them holder.I was thinking to rewrite them because most of them were warnings.I have updated them now.
Ease of use transitions : I tried 5 times to add a transitions but always removed them because of say block in loading screen,And I couldn't find best transitions to use maybe you should suggest them And I will replace that say block.
Art:I know the graphics aren't matching.Can you suggest best enimies for scratch cat ? Please provide link where I can find even more.Can you suggest things for background,buttons,walls,blocks and enimies ? I am a coder and not graphic designer so There isn't any theme in my game.Can you do that ?Thanks.
Engagementon't know
Originallity : It's not 100% original it's inspired from bomber man,But It has many powerups.My bomber cat is better than Griffpatch's bomber man because mine scrolls,has enimies,and has many levels and more powerups.
Sound : Added sounds but very beta havent tested !!I can't add sounds because I can't here them on my pc.But I will try hearing them in my phone.

For now my game has 5 levels.
2 of them is made by a software whivh was made by me.Another 2 are made in editor and last one was made by my friend CaptainDinosaurGames .I would really like if this shop can make some levels for me via my editor.Really by doing this you may review my editor I have made a lot of work to make editor but As I described somewhere in this post,I look at code and do not think much about gui and even I didn't have seperate sprite for editor or compressing-decompressing stuff!I even have all same GUI elements in one sprite!(Note: the variable above my editor says block:movement–> hor is really crab's movement !)

Yes give even more suggestions like more powerups and types of new enimies because game has become very boring with only 4 types(really 2 types) of enimies.Also tell me what you want new in the game because I am somehow an advanced developer(As you can really imagine making bomb exploding algorithm,Making an editor for game,Saving via compressing and decompressing over cloud isn't a tiny thing!)

The aim of review was I only think about code so I would like to see if there were some problems which are not liked.I think I haven't changed many things in my game from your review.

Finally,I would happy to hear if you liked my edits and suggestions.
I also think to review my another game Grass platformer but I think i dont work much on it but I can ask ideas for it.
There are possibilites that this shop will get an order from an advanced dev !
(So be prepared !!)

{{{I NOTED THAT I HAVE TYPED MORE THAN YOU !! }}}
novotab51
Scratcher
31 posts

mr_scientific wrote:

novotab51 wrote:

mr_scientific wrote:

mr_scientific wrote:

novotab51 wrote:

Review:
Brief description of game/animation (only brief, we don't want any spoilers!): You design a phone
How harsh would you like it to be? (we will always be constructive, but be careful because if you choose too harsh you may be disappointed with your review ): Very constructive
Length of gameplay/animation: Until you decide to finish
Any other notes: Keep in mind that I will make a big update
Link: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/223843310/
Preferable time frame (when you would like it to be done by, please don't be demanding): ASAP, but no rush
Taken!
Speed- N/A/10 There isn't much to say, There is too less in the project but don't let that stop you from making more! You can always add more types of designs like maybe colour change, letting people draw their designs, The possibilities are endless. Try hooking in the player for more time!
Lag/Glitches- 10/10 None that I know of!
Storyline- N/A/10
Instructions- 8/10 Easy to use but try adding in-game instructions
Ease of use and transitions- 10/10 No transitions needed but it was very easy to use!
Art- 2/10 The art could be more creative and as I said earlier, the more features you add, the better!
Engagement- 2/10 There is hardly any thing to hook the player but as I said, this could be really improved on!
Originality- 5/10 The concept isn't new, try adding your own unique features! There are so many things that can be done to he project
Sound- N/A/10 There wasn't any sound in the project but that can easily be fixed.
Overall rating-53(1/3) /100: Overall I'd say that this project really needs improvement but has very good potential, if you add the right things, this could even be featured! I admit the score isn't really high but your project has potential and if you improve it, I suggest that more features be added like maybe changing the colour of the phone or maybe some more designs. If your stuck with coding or art work, this shop will gladly help you.

Thank you for shopping at the space shop. Please leave a review and spread the word if you like it! An advertisement for your game has been put on our post. If you are not happy with this, just comment so and we will remove it. If you add some of my suggestions on your update I would love to be notified so that I can check them out. You may even want another review to see how much you might have improved!
Unfortunately, I have a bug that won't let me add any sound to projects… Maybe you could help me with that?
Hmmm, never happened to me before. You did try uploading a sound in the sound tab didn't you? If you tried putting a sound script in your backpack then that won't work. What I always have done is I downloaded the music to my computer (make sure it is MP3 or else you may have to convert it). Then go to the sprite I want the sound in and there should be a sound tab right next to the scripts and costumes tab (top right). Once you get to the sounds tab there should a button that allows you to upload sounds from your computer. If you need a project to better understand the directions better, I think I can find or make a project with instructions for you .
I made a topic: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/302278/
mr_scientific
Scratcher
100+ posts

RokCoder wrote:

mr_scientific wrote:

NOTE: This project is great but I don't think I can complete the project as I have other stuff to do but I'll try to do the best review I can anyway! I didn't take this project because I was not sure I'd finish.

I thought 30+ hours of game-play might be a little off-putting for a reviewer Thanks for tackling it! I appreciate the feedback - especially about the potential difficulty for younger players to get into the game. I'm going to make the instructions more detailed and allow the player to see them before starting the game.

Great review. Thanks very much.

Glad you liked the review!

Last edited by mr_scientific (May 25, 2018 12:41:58)

I made a game called "The True Ninja". It may sound like a rip-off to @Will_Wams the ninja series but I made it quite a bit different. The second game is out is now out and in my opinion, is much better than the first. Click here to see some other games I made!

I am willing to help, as long as it is in my capability to do so. (I think I am a decent programmer but not the best artist).

When asking help (to me or anyone else), attempt first, if you encounter trouble, that's when you ask help. If I created your scripts, then it would be hard for you to understand what they do. If you attempted but it did not work out, you will at least have an idea of what each script does and it will be easy to identify the modifications that made your script work. TLDR; Try, and ask help if if it does not work out

“It is the job that never started that takes the longest time to finish”- Samwise from Lord of the Rings
Happysoul05
Scratcher
100+ posts

Can anyone reply my post ?
hellounicorns2
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Happysoul05 wrote:

We’re not robots, we take time to reply

inactive :​)
Killernotch101
Scratcher
100+ posts

We’re not huma- OW!
Oh yes, of course. We are all normal, regular human beings.

Last edited by Killernotch101 (May 25, 2018 22:42:13)

I'm back!
lillianna81
Scratcher
500+ posts

Killernotch101 wrote:

We’re not huma- OW!
Oh yes, of course. We are all normal, regular human beings.
Ha!
True, we're not human.
GrahamSH
Scratcher
1000+ posts

hellounicorns2 wrote:

Happysoul05 wrote:

or maybe we are robots…

i made a project inspector!! https://project-inspector.pages.dev/
i made this online agenda: https://ejenda.org

i helped make this site: https://umassmakers.cloud/
lillianna81
Scratcher
500+ posts

GrahamSH wrote:

hellounicorns2 wrote:

Happysoul05 wrote:

or maybe we are robots…
Maybe we aren't humans OR robots… maybe we are aliens!
-NationalNerd-
Scratcher
34 posts

Happysoul05 wrote:

First thank you for reviewing my game.
-SNIPPED-
Hi, Happysoul05,

I think that the ghosts in level two should become mice, and the crabs ghosts. My co-workers or I can do any art if you want.
I bet my co-workers can also help you with ease of use and code.
You should create a tutorial as a separate project and link to it in the description. I can help you with that, and I bet my co-workers can too.
I can also help you with the storyline.
I'm glad that you fixed the glitches!
I can always review it again if you need.

hellounicorns2
Scratcher
1000+ posts

lillianna81 wrote:

Or maybe we are too offtopic and should move this discussion to the Space Shop studio..

inactive :​)
doodthedoodthedood
Scratcher
500+ posts

hellounicorns2 wrote:

lillianna81 wrote:

Or maybe we are too offtopic and should move this discussion to the Space Shop studio..
Lol agree…

Go and join my development group Here. Check out my github here. If you want to help with anything just let me know.
Visit The Everthing Shop for all your scratch needs Also visit my programming class to learn to program in scratch or JavaScript or HTML or CSS!By @chaseman3245
lillianna81
Scratcher
500+ posts

hellounicorns2 wrote:

lillianna81 wrote:

Yes… We should stop LOL
zelda_universe
Scratcher
100+ posts

Brief description of game/animation (only brief, we don't want any spoilers!): It's a Mario like game with a cube as the main character
How harsh would you like it to be? (we will always be constructive, but be careful because if you choose too harsh you may be disappointed with your review) -7/10
Length of gameplay/animation: survival, so as long as you make it, but normally 1-2 mins.
Any other noteslease notify me on my profile page
Link :https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/199728577/
Preferable time frame (when you would like it to be done by, please don't be demanding): take ur time but not really late
please and thanks
-NationalNerd-
Scratcher
34 posts

zelda_universe wrote:

Brief description of game/animation (only brief, we don't want any spoilers!): It's a Mario like game with a cube as the main character
How harsh would you like it to be? (we will always be constructive, but be careful because if you choose too harsh you may be disappointed with your review) -7/10
Length of gameplay/animation: survival, so as long as you make it, but normally 1-2 mins.
Any other noteslease notify me on my profile page
Link :https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/199728577/
Preferable time frame (when you would like it to be done by, please don't be demanding): take ur time but not really late
please and thanks
Taken!

Sweetlyshy
Scratcher
100+ posts

Costume Request (3 actually)
What it is: A female wolf that looks as if she is an angel. She is facing left.
Type: (ummm what is this for?)
Other: None
Preferable time frame (when you would like it to be done by, please don't be demanding): Tomorrow at the most

What it is: The same female wolf from above but just a close up front view of her face.
Type:
Preferable time frame (when you would like it to be done by, please don't be demanding): Same time as above

What it is: Same female wolf that is curled up on the ground like she is really depressed.
Type:
Preferable time frame (when you would like it to be done by, please don't be demanding): Same time as above

Thanks!!
Peaceful8
Scratcher
100+ posts

Brief description of game/animation: Platform through levels with moving objects. Abale is trying to prove his worth by going through what should be an impossible course for applears.
How harsh would you like it to be? Simple: Don't sugar code it. Any flaw? Point it out.
Length of gameplay/animation: About 2.5 minutes when played without failing.
Any other notes:N/A
Link: Abale's Obstacle Course
Suppershoppa rewards code (optional): N/A
Preferable time frame (when you would like it to be done by, please don't be demanding):2nd of june

I am leaving scratch. Sorry if this makes you sad, but I have done too many rude things, and I don't have any clue of what sort of projects I can make without burning out. I might come back for 3.0, but for now, goodbye Scratch.
mr_scientific
Scratcher
100+ posts

Peaceful8 wrote:

Brief description of game/animation: Platform through levels with moving objects. Abale is trying to prove his worth by going through what should be an impossible course for applears.
How harsh would you like it to be? Simple: Don't sugar code it. Any flaw? Point it out.
Preferable time frame (when you would like it to be done by, please don't be demanding):2nd of june
Taken

I made a game called "The True Ninja". It may sound like a rip-off to @Will_Wams the ninja series but I made it quite a bit different. The second game is out is now out and in my opinion, is much better than the first. Click here to see some other games I made!

I am willing to help, as long as it is in my capability to do so. (I think I am a decent programmer but not the best artist).

When asking help (to me or anyone else), attempt first, if you encounter trouble, that's when you ask help. If I created your scripts, then it would be hard for you to understand what they do. If you attempted but it did not work out, you will at least have an idea of what each script does and it will be easy to identify the modifications that made your script work. TLDR; Try, and ask help if if it does not work out

“It is the job that never started that takes the longest time to finish”- Samwise from Lord of the Rings
mr_scientific
Scratcher
100+ posts

mr_scientific wrote:

Peaceful8 wrote:

Taken

Hardness- 7/10 The problem is, it is hard to play. While that can be a good thing, not all scratchers are expert gamers. However I still liked it.
Speed- 10/10 The speed was great, not too long and not too short.
Lag/Glitches- 10/10 None that I found, great work!
Storyline- 4/10 The story is quite similar to other platformers in scratch and there wasn't much to it except the first level and the last animation
Instructions- 2/10 There weren't any instructions, I know that the controls are similar to any other platformer in scratch but I'm pretty sure not everyone knows that. When do you put them remember to put them in game as well
Ease of use and transitions- 4/10 There weren't any transitions from level to level but was easy to use for those who knew how to.
Art- 8/10 The art was quite good but could still use improvement
Engagement- 8/10 I was really hooked to the game but after a while the levels became too hard and I was losing interest.
Originality- 5/10 Standard platformer in scratch, the only thing different was that there was an animation and that too has been done before.
Sound- 8/10 The music was pretty good but maybe sound effects for certain things
Overall rating- 56/100
The first problem was that it was too hard, don't make it too easy but maybe making it a little bit easier might make it better. On the speed and glitches part I think it was really great so I'll go to storyline, try adding a more original story and maybe a little more to the story. It would really be great if you added instructions in-game as that would make it better. For the transitions part I think maybe instead of just going to the next level maybe a little animation or something of that sort. I think the art was good but it could be improved like maybe tiles or something like that. The game was really good at the beginning but it becomes too hard too fast which doesn't make people feel like playing to the end. I think your game could have more original ideas, something of your own which hasn't been done before. For the sound part, the only thing I would add is sound effects but apart from that it was pretty good. I think project is great but has room for improvement

Thank you for shopping at the space shop. Please leave a review and spread the word if you like it! An advertisement for your game has been put on our post. If you are not happy with this, just comment so and we will remove it. If you add some of my suggestions I would love to be notified so that I can check them out. You may even want another review!

Last edited by mr_scientific (May 30, 2018 16:35:06)

• Discussion Forums
  • » Requests
  • » {WE’RE OPEN}⭐️TᕼE ᔕᑭᗩᑕE ᔕᕼOᑭ⭐️ - ᑎOᗯ ᕼIᖇIᑎG! ᗯE OᖴᖴEᖇ E᙭ᑭEᖇTIᔕE Iᑎ ᗩᖇT, ᑕOᗪIᑎG ᗩᑎᗪ ᖇEᐯIEᗯᔕ, ⌛️ᗩᒪᒪ ᗯITᕼIᑎ 24 ᕼOᑌᖇᔕ ᗩT ᗰOᔕT!⌛️ [RSS Feed]