Discuss Scratch

Austinato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The United Shops of Scratch - Topic 1 (2016-2018)

-Anvard- wrote:

You could have the watchers send a pre-generated message to their asssigned shops.
That's a better idea!

GrahamSH wrote:

Austinato wrote:

GrahamSH wrote:

Thank you for mentioning me twice! It is SUCH an honor
Hoping that wasn't sarcasm, you're welcome!
I just didn't know what type of emphasis to do (Should I change it to bold).
Oh, okay.

7500+ posts (19th)
-Anvard-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Austinato wrote:

-Anvard- wrote:

You could have the watchers send a pre-generated message to their asssigned shops.
That's a better idea!
It's what I'm here for.

Austinato wrote:

Oh, okay.
Yeah….Graham doesn't do sarcasm. xD

Those who strive above all else to be rich in worldly goods are often trying to hide their spiritual poverty.
-Anonymous
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither.
-Benjamin Franklin
There is no greater love than that, that a man should lay down his life for his friend. Think, Daniel, can you repay such love with hate?
-The Bronze Bow, by Elizabeth George Speare
All endings are also beginnings. We just don't know it at the time.
-March Albom
TimeLordPlanet
Scratcher
500+ posts

Being a watcher is so boring Can I be something like a lawyer or Secretary of State or Secretary of I-dont-know-what-but-it-should-be-a-meaningful-job?

I like Scratch 3.0! An immesurable improvment! Banner coming soon!
MagicPigPerson
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Abstaining from vote due to life issues.

Scratch Profile

“If you fall down a rabbit hole, befriend the rabbits.” - MagicPigPerson

TimeLordPlanet
Scratcher
500+ posts

MagicPigPerson wrote:

Did you mean to italicize? Also, what is this vote? I haven't been around that much.

Austinato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

TimeLordPlanet wrote:

Being a watcher is so boring Can I be something like a lawyer or Secretary of State or Secretary of I-dont-know-what-but-it-should-be-a-meaningful-job?
There isn't anything else to do apart from being a watcher, or assuming one of the following positions (which aren't as simple as filling out an application):
  • Justice - Participate in any lawsuits/verdicts, however that is infrequent and requires a special appointment from stryer21 (who is the Chief Justice.)
  • President - Declare your Presidency and get on the ballot by selecting a Vice President and Secretary, and be elected in the week of July 24, 2017, to July 31, 2017, for a term from August 2, 2017, to December 31, 2017. Being a President is essentially a reasonably powered owner.
  • Vice President - Join a Presidential ticket (which is full at the moment.) You simply substitute/help the President.
  • Secretary - Join a Presidential ticket (which is full at the moment.) You organize votes and act as leader of both the moderator and watcher departments.

MagicPigPerson wrote:

Okay.

TimeLordPlanet wrote:

Also, what is this vote? I haven't been around that much.
There's a vote on a proposition for the USS Constitution to be rewritten, making it more clear and easier to understand.

7500+ posts (19th)
-Anvard-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Austinato wrote:

TimeLordPlanet wrote:

There isn't anything else to do apart from being a watcher, or assuming one of the following positions (which aren't as simple as filling out an application):
  • Justice - Participate in any lawsuits/verdicts, however that is infrequent and requires a special appointment from stryer21 (who is the Chief Justice.)
  • President - Declare your Presidency and get on the ballot by selecting a Vice President and Secretary, and be elected in the week of July 24, 2017, to July 31, 2017, for a term from August 2, 2017, to December 31, 2017. Being a President is essentially a reasonably powered owner.
  • Vice President - Join a Presidential ticket (which is full at the moment.) You simply substitute/help the President.
  • Secretary - Join a Presidential ticket (which is full at the moment.) You organize votes and act as leader of both the moderator and watcher departments.

MagicPigPerson wrote:

Okay.

TimeLordPlanet wrote:

There's a vote on a proposition for the USS Constitution to be rewritten, making it more clear and easier to understand.
Stryer left Scratch.

Those who strive above all else to be rich in worldly goods are often trying to hide their spiritual poverty.
-Anonymous
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither.
-Benjamin Franklin
There is no greater love than that, that a man should lay down his life for his friend. Think, Daniel, can you repay such love with hate?
-March Albom
dawglove
Scratcher
73 posts

78ch3 wrote:

Austinato wrote:

United Shops of Scratch Constitution Reform Proposition of July 2017

Greetings United Shops of Scratch users,

I am here to officially start the voting process for the proposition titled previously, which jromagnoli is not able to start, unfortunately. Anyways, if you are an eligible representative, defined as listed on the following list (no exceptions), you may vote either of the following by July 17, 2017:

YES - Have the proposition approved.
NEUTRAL - Not support or decline the proposition. Does not count to either side.
NO - Decline the proposition.
ABSTAIN/VOID - Have your vote simply not count or contribute to the proposition.

PROPOSITION
The proposition was originally submitted on June 23, 2017, by Austinato, here, but here is a modified version to fit in this post:

Article I: Membership Definition
1.1 - Joining the United Shops of Scratch either means you are a shop, subsidiary, or a member of the USS under the Head Department, Justice Department, or Action Department. You may also be a member as an external affiliated shop.
1.2 - For statistic purposes, 50 shops, four subsidiaries, external affiliated shops, and USS members are counted separately.
1.3 - Shops are officially defined as collaborative services in the Requests forums that complete orders/completed forms, and completes them themselves, as an independent shop (with the exception of the ISOOC program and limited partnerships.) This means that they can only complete orders by themselves, with the ISOOC and limited partnerships being an exception. Shops have been around in the USS since it's foundation in October 2016. (Thanks GrahamSH for suggesting clarifications.)
1.4 - Subsidiaries are officially defined as collaborative services that do anything that shops do not provide. If a “shop” forwards orders to other shops and gets them completed, then it is considered a subsidiary by a decision in April 2017. Subsidiaries were introduced in late 2016.
1.5 - External affiliated shops (EASs) are officially defined as shops that are not completely involved, but affiliated with the USS, in queue to become a member when there's a vacancy, or loosely participate in USS politics and lawpassing. EASs were introduced on June 23, 2017.
1.6 - USS members are individuals under the Head/Judicial/Action Department who have an unique role in the USS. Introduced at foundation of the USS.

Article II: Membership Powers
2.1 - Shops receive one representative per four shop members, members being active personnel assisting or completing orders. One is awarded from 1-7, as an exception. Shops also are able to be bumped by watchers, people in charge of assisting in the maintenance of your shop (employed by the USS), assistance in shop maintenance with interviews, ability to influence USS actions, and assistance from other shops in unique ways.
2.2 - Subsidiaries receive only two representatives at the point of admission to the USS, and everything else that shops receive.
2.3 - EASs receive only one representative at the point of admission to the USS, do not get bumping support, and have a limited involvement in USS politics.
2.4 - USS members receive unique powers, as described in Article III.
2.5 - Representatives, who represent shops, subsidiaries, and EASs, are described in Article IV.

Article III: USS Members
3.1 - Head Department; most highest department consisting of people who shape the USS strongly, however limited as this is a democratic union.
3.1.1 - Co-Owners are the co-owners of the USS, having almost every power, limited for democracy, however.
3.1.2 - The USS President is in charge of leading the USS, under the co-owners. This means bumping, commanding the Action Department, calling the Judicial Department into cases, proposing representative laws, passing automatic laws, and approving applications.
3.1.3 - The USS Vice President is in charge of assisting the President in completing Presidential tasks, and take over the position if the President quits/resigns.
3.1.4 - The USS Secretary organizes elections and proposition votes, and is in charge of preventing any bias during such votes/events. They also command the Moderator and Watcher department.
3.1.5 - The chief justice was once considered a member of the Head Department, but now is only the chief of the Judicial Department, respectively.
3.2 - Judicial Department; department involved in cases and debates when needed.
3.2.1 - The USS Chief Justice's vote always counts in USS cases, unless they are absent or abstain. They are also the only individual, with the exception of the Head Department, to appoint a member of the Judicial Department. Unlike the Head Department staff, the Chief Justice may fire or hire anyone to fill the other six justice seats in the Judicial Department.
3.2.2 - The six USS Justices are assistants and voters in USS cases, appointed and fired by the Chief Justice. If there are any vacancies, the last odd number down will be the individuals to vote, in appointment order. In example, there are six justices. The first five (chief justice and four justices) will vote, excluding the sixth to allow a certain decision (even numbers can cause ties.) The sixth justice, in this case, can only vote if it's another odd number above it, or seven in that case. If there are all seven positions filled, then all participate.
3.2.2 (note a) - The Head Department had to re-appoint a Chief Justice in June 2017, but only the Chief Justice to respect freedoms of the Judicial Department. The Head Department, effective June 23, 2017, cannot appoint/fire any Assistant Justices, but only appoint/fire the Chief Justice, only in the case of inactivity.
3.3 - Action Department; department that is constantly given present-time tasks that are required to be completed quickly.
3.3.1 - The USS Moderators are people who apply to become moderators of the USS official topic (this one.) They check for any illegal deals, and bump the topic.
3.3.2 - The USS Watchers are people who apply to become moderators of the USS's shop topics, doing normal moderator tasks, but also send/receive information from/to shops and send them to the USS. (i.e. population changes.)
3.3.3 - The USS Archivists are people who apply to become individuals who are assigned tasks to look in old USS topic pages for information. In the case of information needed in shop threads, watchers will be assigned those tasks.

IV: Representative Powers
4.1 - Representatives are members of a shop/subsidiary/EAS that votes in representative votes for laws. They must be involved directly in their corresponding service, or they cannot be appointed.
4.2 - One representative is given to a shop per four members, using the following guide; one representative for 1-7, two for 8-12, and so on.
4.3 - Two representatives are given to a subsidiary, and remain so - despite population changes.
4.4 - One representative is given to an EAS, and remain so, similar to subsidiaries.
4.5 - A representative may propose a USS law, but must propose it to their associates within their services. If the representative is the only one for that service, they must, instead, gain support from three other representatives. They then may propose it, and the secretary automatically creates an USS-wide vote.
4.6 - During a representative vote, representatives have the option of the following: YES - approval to the law; NEUTRAL - do not support or oppose the law, NO - oppose the law; ABSTAIN - do not wish to vote or count in the vote; or INVALID - if absent for the vote.
4.7 - NEUTRAL, ABSTAIN, and INVALID do not count towards YES or NO in any way.
4.8 - If there is a direct tie after the vote, then the Judicial Department will vote, and the majority vote will decide.
4.9 - If there are more YES's than NO's, then the law is passed and placed in effect from the moment Austinato forwards it to this Constitution (in the Amendments article.)
4.10 - If there are more NO's than YES's, then the law is not passed, and may not be proposed until the next month (going by date. i.e. January 1 to February 1, not by 28, 29, 30, or 31 days.)
4.11 - The President, Vice President, or Co-Owner may pass automatic laws, ones that do not require the process described from 4.5 to 4.10, and are simply effective immediately (similar to a U.S. Executive Act.)

V: Special Clauses
5.1 - The USS Head Department has the power to do anything beyond its power only if it seems reasonable. If it is not viewed as reasonable, an individual may file a lawsuit against the USS Head Department.

VI: Justice Department Cases
6.1 - A justice department case is a vote on a verdict done by the Judicial Department, following a lawsuit.
6.2 - A lawsuit can be filed to the Chief Justice (or any Assistant Justice), and the Justice can call in a case immediately.
6.3 - The majority vote is the verdict.
6.4 - In record keeping, it is named Offense v. Defense (offense being the individual filing the lawsuit, and defense it is filed against.)
6.4.1 - If it is against the USS together, it is filed as Offense v. United Shops of Scratch, or Offense v. United Shops of Scratch (Department).
6.4.2 - If the username of the offense or defense wishes to be remained secret, it can be either John Doe (to males), Jane Doe (to females), or Scratcher (to those who do not wish to reveal their gender.)

VII: Amendments
7.1 - Amendments to the USS Constitution go here.

Key Points
For the first time in an United Shops of Scratch proposition, the main post will contain key points, highlights of the proposition. They are, without bias:
-Creation of externally affiliated shops (EASs), which are similar to territories under the United States. They have representation, but it is limited.
-Externally affiliated shops have the opportunity to become full shops in the future, when vacancies occur.
-Shops are better defined, thanks to @GrahamSH.
-Representation is better defined.
-The new Presidential positions are included in the Constitution, now.
-The powers and interactions between the Executive/Head and Judicial Departments are better defined and clarified.
-Propositions like this one are better defined and organized.
-Special clauses are established, which are extra powers given to individual departments or individuals, that would be considered illegal to the Constitution otherwise.
-Lawsuits are redone, with partial alignment to the United States court system, but primarily fixing loopholes and establishing formatting for such lawsuits.
-Amendments have their own special section.
-The new version is better formatted.

Eligible Voters
SHOPS

TacoCatProuductions
logos204
TeamBetas
scratchcat2538
legogirl502
redglitter
OPEN REPRESENTATIVE FOR CRESCENDO
benben360
-Anvard-
jromagnoli
laguy
dt1000
BrownieBatter987
bigpuppy
GeeTransit
jromagnoli
TacoCatProuductions
Monkey_Legend
CloudPixel
OPEN REPRESENTATIVE FOR THE SUNSHINE RANCH
redglitter
jromagnoli
Austinato - Yes
DevilKing54
OPEN REPRESENTATIVE FOR DEVILKING'S SHOP
lkli2346
KittenLover7921
MasterOfTheTiger
BLPuppies7526
gems89
snowgryphon
CutieCow17
OPEN REPRESENTATIVE FOR SCRATCH REQUEST SHOP
TimeLordPlanet
SolarWind12
jromagnoli
redglitter
BrownieBatter987
iluvwhiskers
OPEN REPRESENTATIVE FOR TIGERSTORES
scratchcat2538
legogirl502
Wheatly_Scratcher
BrownieBatter987
MasterOfTheTiger
BananaCodingMaster
-XxX-MEOW-XxX-
OPEN REPRESENTATIVE FOR THE MEOW SHOP
DrChicken24
bzdogs
bellesherman
BananaCodingMaster
OPEN REPRESENTATIVE FOR FIVE STAR SCRATCH SHOP
Alex-George
explodingtoilet
Blocksins-
Robocat2000
gems89
MasterOfTheTiger
OPEN REPRESENTATIVE FOR IN & OUT
OPEN REPRESENTATIVE FOR IN & OUT
Blessing06
jromagnoli
VideoGamerCanInvent
BGMead
Yetrop
Programmer1121
CR4YON
Ravenfur2004
pig9992005
nillbert
grade342015
ZLGames
Climbing_Ivy
SircumferenceII
Penguin5664
dawglove
BlueElectricity
FollowCherryBlossom
abbuta2006
RubixCube714
lkli2346
Meowcats8305
logos204
FollowCherryBlossom
CutieCow17
The_Winged_Cat
MagicPigPerson
VideoGamerCanInvent
CutieCow17

SUBSIDIARIES

Austinato - Yes
jromagnoli
OPEN REPRESENTATIVE FOR SCRATCH BANNER ACADEMY
OPEN REPRESENTATIVE FOR SCRATCH BANNER ACADEMY
scratchcat2538
OPEN REPRESENTATIVE FOR THE MONTHLY AWARDS
Appadeia
younginventor73

RESULTS (done on July 17, 2017)
APPROVE/YES - 0
NEUTRAL - 0
DECLINE/NO - 0
ABSTAIN/VOID/EMPTY - 0

Thanks for reading,
United Shops of Scratch Co-Founder/Co-Owner Austinato

Official Seal of the United Shops of Scratch & Proof of Official Post
Why am I not on there? I am a representative of my shop.
Could someone explain this to me, simply?
MagicPigPerson
Scratcher
1000+ posts

TimeLordPlanet wrote:

MagicPigPerson wrote:

Did you mean to italicize?
Yeah, I did. I've quite a lot going on at the moment.

Scratch Profile

“If you fall down a rabbit hole, befriend the rabbits.” - MagicPigPerson

TimeLordPlanet
Scratcher
500+ posts

Austinato wrote:

TimeLordPlanet wrote:

MagicPigPerson wrote:

Okay.

TimeLordPlanet wrote:

I think I shall become a justice. I haven't been here enough to be secretary. So how do I get in?

TimeLordPlanet
Scratcher
500+ posts

Austinato wrote:

United Shops of Scratch Constitution Reform Proposition of July 2017

-snip-

Official Seal of the United Shops of Scratch & Proof of Official Post
YES/APPROVE/AGREE OR WHATEVER YOU HAVE TO DO.

Last edited by TimeLordPlanet (July 13, 2017 16:19:28)

grade342015
Scratcher
100+ posts

will there be another watcher assignment?

hi! come and see my profile by clicking my picture! Thanks!
this is Miles- . he protects my siggy from the @evilkumquat. Miles has a few friends:

when I receive [Scratch]
forever
add [Project] to [profile page v]
end
GrahamSH
Scratcher
1000+ posts

dawglove wrote:

78ch3 wrote:

Austinato wrote:

-snip-
Why am I not on there? I am a representative of my shop.
They have re-written the USS Constitution and if you are a reprasentitive, then you vote if you like it

Last edited by GrahamSH (July 13, 2017 11:04:25)

i made a project inspector!! https://project-inspector.pages.dev/
i made this online agenda: https://ejenda.org

i helped make this site: https://umassmakers.cloud/
-Anvard-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Please remember to snip your posts!

-Anonymous
-Benjamin Franklin
-March Albom
GrahamSH
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I am a new reprasentative for Scratch Request Shop.
And I vote YES

i made a project inspector!! https://project-inspector.pages.dev/
i made this online agenda: https://ejenda.org

i helped make this site: https://umassmakers.cloud/
-Anvard-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I'm going to make a tally so when Austin logs back on he doesn't have to go through pages trying to find all the votes:
Tally:
Yes - ||||
No -
Abstaining - |

-Anonymous
-Benjamin Franklin
-March Albom
-Anvard-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

makethebrainhappy wrote:

I declare myself the Chief Justice xD

You see! That makes it official xD
But Union bylaws makes it unofficial.

-Anonymous
-Benjamin Franklin
-March Albom
TimeLordPlanet
Scratcher
500+ posts

-Anvard- wrote:

makethebrainhappy wrote:

I declare myself the Chief Justice xD

You see! That makes it official xD
But Union bylaws makes it unofficial.
And the Preamble to the Constitution of Unwritten Laws of the Universe states that a promotion cannot be instituted by those who are directly affected by it.

Austinato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

dawglove wrote:

It's a vote on whether or not to update the USS Constitution to the one quoted. If you are a representative for a shop, you may accept it, deny it, or remain neutral or just have your vote not involved at all (invalid/void/abstain.)

The vote ends in three days.

TimeLordPlanet wrote:

I think I shall become a justice. I haven't been here enough to be secretary. So how do I get in?
Talk to stryer21 about it, he appoints them (instead of the Head Department.)

TimeLordPlanet wrote:

YES/APPROVE/AGREE OR WHATEVER YOU HAVE TO DO.
Thanks for voting, and it will be counted!

grade342015 wrote:

will there be another watcher assignment?
I am working on one to promote the representative vote going on right now, which should be completed by tomorrow.

GrahamSH wrote:

I am a new reprasentative for Scratch Request Shop.
And I vote YES
Okay, thanks for voting! I will add it to the list!

-Anvard- wrote:

I'm going to make a tally so when Austin logs back on he doesn't have to go through pages trying to find all the votes:
Tally:
Yes - ||||
No -
Abstaining - |
Thanks for helping me!

Also, with the seal, it's just intended to make everything official (i.e. vote posts, etc.) I despise the abuse of it, however.

Can anyone make a scaled-down version of the current seal (that both me and MTBH used?)

7500+ posts (19th)