Discuss Scratch

jromagnoli
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The United Shops of Scratch - Topic 1 (2016-2018)

Austinato wrote:

Here is an updated list of representatives under the United Shops of Scratch, separated by shops and subsidiaries. This may be the last time it will include only these two categories, as the upcoming proposition for a Constitution change introduces a new category, EASs (externally affiliated shops), which have one representative each and are treated similar to a minor territory of a country. (When there are vacancies in the 50 shops limit, they can be promoted up to normal shops under the USS.)

SHOPS

TacoCatProuductions
logos204
TeamBetas
scratchcat2538
legogirl502
redglitter
OPEN REPRESENTATIVE FOR CRESCENDO
benben360
-Anvard-
jromagnoli
laguy
dt1000
BrownieBatter987
bigpuppy
GeeTransit
jromagnoli
TacoCatProuductions
Monkey_Legend
CloudPixel
OPEN REPRESENTATIVE FOR THE SUNSHINE RANCH
redglitter
jromagnoli
Austinato
DevilKing54
OPEN REPRESENTATIVE FOR DEVILKING'S SHOP
lkli2346
KittenLover7921
MasterOfTheTiger
BLPuppies7526
gems89
snowgryphon
CutieCow17
OPEN REPRESENTATIVE FOR SCRATCH REQUEST SHOP
TimeLordPlanet
SolarWind12
jromagnoli
redglitter
BrownieBatter987
iluvwhiskers
OPEN REPRESENTATIVE FOR TIGERSTORES
scratchcat2538
legogirl502
Wheatly_Scratcher
BrownieBatter987
MasterOfTheTiger
BananaCodingMaster
-XxX-MEOW-XxX-
OPEN REPRESENTATIVE FOR THE MEOW SHOP
DrChicken24
bzdogs
bellesherman
BananaCodingMaster
OPEN REPRESENTATIVE FOR FIVE STAR SCRATCH SHOP
Alex-George
explodingtoilet
Blocksins-
Robocat2000
gems89
MasterOfTheTiger
OPEN REPRESENTATIVE FOR IN & OUT
OPEN REPRESENTATIVE FOR IN & OUT
Blessing06
jromagnoli
VideoGamerCanInvent
BGMead
Yetrop
Programmer1121
CR4YON
Ravenfur2004
pig9992005
nillbert
grade342015
ZLGames
Climbing_Ivy
SircumferenceII
Penguin5664
dawglove
BlueElectricity
FollowCherryBlossom
abbuta2006
RubixCube714
lkli2346
Meowcats8305
logos204
FollowCherryBlossom
CutieCow17
The_Winged_Cat
MagicPigPerson
VideoGamerCanInvent
CutieCow17

SUBSIDIARIES

Austinato
jromagnoli
OPEN REPRESENTATIVE FOR SCRATCH BANNER ACADEMY
OPEN REPRESENTATIVE FOR SCRATCH BANNER ACADEMY
scratchcat2538
OPEN REPRESENTATIVE FOR THE MONTHLY AWARDS
Appadeia
younginventor73
I'll host it tonight.

ROAD TO 10,000 POSTS
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ 64%

If you can read this, my signature cubeupload has been eaten by an evil kumquat!
hehehe!Mytiptopsecrettopicidentifier!ahjdgggfhjadggahjsahasgdjfsdjfga

ZLGames
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ZL's Smol Shoppe's second rep is -Anvard-.

If you see this text, reply saying “I hate Skype emojis” and you will receive a prize from my magical prize box
-Anvard-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

TCP's shop gained a member and has been bumped.
Crescendo Music Shop lost a member and has been bumped.
Merry Market has gained three members and has been bumped.
Legend's Shop is inactive.

Those who strive above all else to be rich in worldly goods are often trying to hide their spiritual poverty.
-Anonymous
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither.
-Benjamin Franklin
There is no greater love than that, that a man should lay down his life for his friend. Think, Daniel, can you repay such love with hate?
-The Bronze Bow, by Elizabeth George Speare
All endings are also beginnings. We just don't know it at the time.
-March Albom
Austinato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

BGMead wrote:

DEAR HUMBLE CHILDREN OF THE LAND,

GET YOUR DAILY DOSE OF SMOOTH JAZZ QUICK FOR THE CHICKENS ARE RESTLESS. HURRY BECAUSE CHARMANDER IS BEING DEFEATED BY THE SWAG OF THIS LETTER. KOOL AID MAN, ARE YOU INSANE?

SINSERALY, FOOT. (SANTA'S NON-EXSISTANT RAINDEER.)

TRANSLATION:

DEAR READER,

PLEASE EXCUSE ME FROM ABOUT 10 MINUTES FROM NOW TO THIS SUNDAY. I WILL BE ON VACATION. IN TERMS OF MY SHOP AND SSRP, BOTH WILL BE CLOSED MEANING NO ONE WILL BE ABLE TO SIGN UP, PARTNER, ORDER, ETC. THANK YOU.

- BGMead
Thanks for informing us. I'll update cases of either of those systems to tell readers that they're closed.

jromagnoli wrote:

I'll host it tonight.
Okay, thanks for the help!

ZLGames wrote:

ZL's Smol Shoppe's second rep is -Anvard-.
Thanks for the update! I'll update the list accordingly soon, and I might be able to squeeze -Anvard- in for another vote (in the upcoming proposition that jromagnoli is going to host tonight.)

-Anvard- wrote:

TCP's shop gained a member and has been bumped.
Crescendo Music Shop lost a member and has been bumped.
Merry Market has gained three members and has been bumped.
Legend's Shop is inactive.
Thanks for the updates! I'll update it accordingly.

7500+ posts (19th)
lkli2346
Scratcher
500+ posts

Bumpity, Bump, Bump, Bump, BUUUUUUMMMPP

Ravenfur2004
Scratcher
100+ posts

Austinato wrote:

WATCHER ASSIGNMENT - 06/20/2017
-Anvard-, redglitter, CutieCow17, MasterOfTheTiger, Ravenfur2004, MagicPigPerson, BGMead (previously ski-), grade342015, cattygo101, GrahamSH, TimeLordPlanet
Greetings 10 shop watchers, and one subsidiary watcher. I have an assignment for all of you to complete by June 22, 2017.

Please do the following to each of your shops you are assigned:
  • If it is falling inactive, ask the owner if they want any help.
  • Check for any population updates (look at staff list and count, or simply ask.)
  • Bump if there has not been any posts the day you visit it, but don't if it's more than a month old (use date, so the 20th for today, 21st for tomorrow, or 22nd of May.)
  • If the shop is not listed as a member or out of ISOOC in the members list, ask them (and give a brief explanation.)
  • Get to know the staff well, too.
  • Be kind about it.

Once you are done with collecting such information or completing those tasks, please post them here in a clean/straight-to-the-point way, and/or contact me on my profile.

If you are unable to complete such tasks by June 22, 2017, you will be contacted then, and if there is no response by June 29, 2017, you will be considered for removal.

You may be also placed as a backup if that is convenient.

Thanks for reading,
USS Co-Founder/Co-Owner Austinato

EDIT:
IF THE SHOP ALREADY HAS A RECENT POST FROM ME, REPEAT IT. I MAY HAVE MISSED/FORGOTTEN TO UPDATE IT ACCORDINGLY.
Sorry i am ging to have to withdraw from my job i have too much too do right now i am sorry.

Want some o' this awesome text? Click on it!

GrahamSH
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I would like to propose a law. I think we should always accept staff so other Scratchers get a chance to be in a shop
NOTE: THIS WAS WRITTEN IN SCRATCH REQUEST SHOP

Last edited by GrahamSH (July 5, 2017 16:16:50)

i made a project inspector!! https://project-inspector.pages.dev/
i made this online agenda: https://ejenda.org

i helped make this site: https://umassmakers.cloud/
-Anvard-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

GrahamSH wrote:

I would like to propose a law. I think we should always accept staff so other Scratchers get a chance to be in a shop
Staff? As in Shop/Subsidiaries or Non-Rep Members like justices?

Those who strive above all else to be rich in worldly goods are often trying to hide their spiritual poverty.
-Anonymous
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither.
-Benjamin Franklin
There is no greater love than that, that a man should lay down his life for his friend. Think, Daniel, can you repay such love with hate?
-March Albom
GrahamSH
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-Anvard- wrote:

GrahamSH wrote:

One of the workers wrote it

-Anvard-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

GrahamSH wrote:

-Anvard- wrote:

GrahamSH wrote:

Yes but who would we accept?

-Anonymous
-Benjamin Franklin
-March Albom
GrahamSH
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-Anvard- wrote:

GrahamSH wrote:

-Anvard- wrote:

GrahamSH wrote:

Scratchers applying to work in a shop

-Anvard-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

GrahamSH wrote:

-Anvard- wrote:

GrahamSH wrote:

-Anvard- wrote:

GrahamSH wrote:

We actually aren't allowed to do that, as we would be overstepping our powers and it kind of goes against the idea of a republic, instead of one big supershop.

-Anonymous
-Benjamin Franklin
-March Albom
GrahamSH
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-Anvard- wrote:

GrahamSH wrote:

-Anvard- wrote:

GrahamSH wrote:

-Anvard- wrote:

GrahamSH wrote:

We actually aren't allowed to do that, as we would be overstepping our powers and it kind of goes against the idea of a republic, instead of one big supershop.
ok. I will see who wrote it

Austinato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ravenfur2004 wrote:

Sorry, I am going to have to withdraw from my job. I have too much to do right now. I am sorry.
That is completely fine, and I thank you for notifying me ahead of time.

Thanks for helping us and if you are able to complete these tasks in the future/become interested in becoming a watcher again, please contact me/feel free to apply (if applications are open.)

GrahamSH wrote:

-Anvard- wrote:

GrahamSH wrote:

-Anvard- wrote:

GrahamSH wrote:

If this applies to shops under the United Shops of Scratch having to constantly be open to applicants, I would disagree with this (however this is still a proposition.) This would be a bit difficult to enforce since the USS is set up as an association that allows independence to its constituents/shops, within reason. Forcing them to constantly be open to applicants would not only contradict that, but it also doesn't quite help. What I mean by that is in some shops, they may be filled with tons of disorganized members or they simply are a closed shop (to possibly maintain quality/integrity within the shop.)

If this applies to the Action Department for the United Shops of Scratch, I would also oppose this. For the same reason of simplicity/integrity, the USS does need the cooperation of volunteers to relay information (i.e. watchers), but a reasonable fixed amount is also needed (in which 10+ people maintaining the watchers department is good.)

7500+ posts (19th)
-Anvard-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Austinato wrote:

If this applies to shops under the United Shops of Scratch having to constantly be open to applicants, I would disagree with this (however this is still a proposition.) This would be a bit difficult to enforce since the USS is set up as an association that allows independence to its constituents/shops, within reason. Forcing them to constantly be open to applicants would not only contradict that, but it also doesn't quite help. What I mean by that is in some shops, they may be filled with tons of disorganized members or they simply are a closed shop (to possibly maintain quality/integrity within the shop.)
And there's also the problem that we simply don't have the same devotion to the shop the applicant wishes to join, so we wouldn't maintain the same standards that the managers of said shop do.

-Anonymous
-Benjamin Franklin
-March Albom
lkli2346
Scratcher
500+ posts

-Anvard- wrote:

Austinato wrote:

And there's also the problem that we simply don't have the same devotion to the shop the applicant wishes to join, so we wouldn't maintain the same standards that the managers of said shop do.
I meant that as in accepting staff within your shop. For example, GlitterStores has a never-ending list of open spots (I believe) and I was thinking just for my shop that we don't have to close staff applications. (Make sense? Sorry, I can get confusing)

monkeytrooper
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Can Someone tell me how all these new multi link banners are made plz.

MT

Signatures are a strange one really aren't they?
-Anvard-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

monkeytrooper wrote:

MT
You create the complete banner, then break each section off into its own image, and upload the individual images, then do the same things you'd be doing for a usual banner, making sure you link and arrange each part in the correct order.

-Anonymous
-Benjamin Franklin
-March Albom
monkeytrooper
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-Anvard- wrote:

monkeytrooper wrote:

MT
You create the complete banner, then break each section off into its own image, and upload the individual images, then do the same things you'd be doing for a usual banner, making sure you link and arrange each part in the correct order.
Oh Ok.

MT

Signatures are a strange one really aren't they?
-Anvard-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

When does the presidential vote take place? It has to take place at least a week before the end of July so there is sufficient time to vote and count the votes in time for the first term (August 1st - December 31st, 2017).

-Anonymous
-Benjamin Franklin
-March Albom