Discuss Scratch

redglitter
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The United Shops of Scratch - Topic 1 (2016-2018)

Just to let you know, The Diamond Shop of almost everything has closed, Black Hole Logos has moved threads (sorry to bother you but the link on the FP hasn't been updated) and I guess nothing has happened on DestroyerXL44'S Shop of Stuffs because it has temporarily closed. I now only have two shops to watch.

Austinato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

FollowCherryBlossom wrote:

Does that mean I could apply to be a watcher?

Austinato wrote:

So if anyone is interested in taking Watcher 7, 11, 12, or 13 as a secondary position, please tell me. (You will be in charge of four additional shops.)
You don't have to apply, unless the positions aren't filled by June 1, 2017.

So, are you interested in following four topics to bump them periodically and report population changes to us and USS notifications to them?

redglitter wrote:

I know @BrownieBatter987, the owner of the Emoticon Team, hasn't been on Scratch recently (…)
Yeah, I noticed that a few weeks ago. I hope they'll come back.

redglitter wrote:

Just to let you know, The Diamond Shop of almost everything has closed,
I meant to update that.

redglitter wrote:

Black Hole Logos has moved threads (sorry to bother you but the link on the FP hasn't been updated)
I think I have the new thread, but I may have unfollowed from it. I'll look back and try to find it. Can you also try? (I think I spoke with someone and they made it - it should be around the last pages of the thread, but that may be a different shop.

redglitter wrote:

(…) and I guess nothing has happened on DestroyerXL44'S Shop of Stuffs because it has temporarily closed.
I thought we (me and DestroyerXL44) were renovating it?

redglitter wrote:

I now only have two shops to watch.
Sometime, I may slide down some shops for the next watcher down to you, but that would be around August 2017.

I'll also notify/remind the watchers that have not provided information tomorrow.

EDIT: I believe I have the link to the new shop thread, which I'll implement/edit in to the list tomorrow.

Last edited by Austinato (June 27, 2017 03:23:23)

7500+ posts (19th)
BGMead
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Austinato wrote:

FollowCherryBlossom wrote:

Does that mean I could apply to be a watcher?

Austinato wrote:

So if anyone is interested in taking Watcher 7, 11, 12, or 13 as a secondary position, please tell me. (You will be in charge of four additional shops.)
You don't have to apply, unless the positions aren't filled by June 1, 2017.

So, are you interested in following four topics to bump them periodically and report population changes to us and USS notifications to them?
Yes, I am also interested, and would gladly do so.

Heyo! I am Jade (she/her) and I used to be very active on the scratch discussion forums back in 2017. I've since left scratch to pursue an interest in game development, graphics and engine programming, and college.
Austinato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

BGMead wrote:

Okay, great! I'll give you your specific assignment tomorrow.

7500+ posts (19th)
GrahamSH
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I don't think I can continue my watcher duties anymore.

i made a project inspector!! https://project-inspector.pages.dev/
i made this online agenda: https://ejenda.org

i helped make this site: https://umassmakers.cloud/
redglitter
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Austinato wrote:

redglitter wrote:

I know @BrownieBatter987, the owner of the Emoticon Team, hasn't been on Scratch recently (…)
Yeah, I noticed that a few weeks ago. I hope they'll come back.
I know. She's the manager of GlitterStores, too.

Austinato wrote:

redglitter wrote:

Just to let you know, The Diamond Shop of almost everything has closed,
I meant to update that.
Okay!

Austinato wrote:

redglitter wrote:

Black Hole Logos has moved threads (sorry to bother you but the link on the FP hasn't been updated)
I think I have the new thread, but I may have unfollowed from it. I'll look back and try to find it. Can you also try? (I think I spoke with someone and they made it - it should be around the last pages of the thread, but that may be a different shop.
I'll give you the link if you want! I know that CelloPlayer12 reopened it… I'll get the link to you ASAP.

Austinato wrote:

redglitter wrote:

(…) and I guess nothing has happened on DestroyerXL44'S Shop of Stuffs because it has temporarily closed.
Whoops, sorry. I didn't realise that

Austinato wrote:

redglitter wrote:

Sometime, I may slide down some shops for the next watcher down to you, but that would be around August 2017.

I'll also notify/remind the watchers that have not provided information tomorrow.

EDIT: I believe I have the link to the new shop thread, which I'll implement/edit in to the list tomorrow.
Thanks!

Austinato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

redglitter wrote:

Austinato wrote:

redglitter wrote:

I'll give you the link if you want! I know that CelloPlayer12 reopened it… I'll get the link to you ASAP.
Okay, thanks!

redglitter wrote:

Austinato wrote:

redglitter wrote:

Whoops, sorry. I didn't realise that
Oh, it's alright.

redglitter wrote:

Austinato wrote:

redglitter wrote:

Thanks!
You're welcome. The reason why there may be a delay until August 1, 2017, is because transitioning shops that people are assigned to may become confusing (as people will have to unfollow, follow, and report new changes instead of the old ones.)

I plan on changing assignments to reflect changes in memberships, but to avoid the aforementioned confusion, I do it less frequently. I actually planned on doing so on August 1, 2017, so that works well.

(August 1, 2017 should be the date that shop membership applications are re-opened to fill vacancies inbetween earlier this week (when shop applications were closed) and July 31, 2017/August 1, 2017. August 1, 2017, will also be the inauguration date for the first USS Presidential term! )

7500+ posts (19th)
BGMead
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Austinato wrote:

BGMead wrote:

Um… Sorry to bother, but it IS tomorrow!

Heyo! I am Jade (she/her) and I used to be very active on the scratch discussion forums back in 2017. I've since left scratch to pursue an interest in game development, graphics and engine programming, and college.
Perkins6kinz6
Scratcher
100+ posts

Can I get these orders taken for the use of the Come N` Leave Fast Shop please? No Scratchers here have currently taken these orders, and we all do not currently play these required instruments. Thank You!

Here They Are:

Username: Cloud_Coder

Mood: A little fast
Instruments: Just SYNTH it can be anything nice just no dubstep.
Length: 60 seconds
Additional Information:
When Needed: ASAP

—–

Username: Infinity_Sky
Mood: Happy, exciting and fast
Instruments: Piano, xylophone, drum
Length: 2/3 minutes (I really don’t mind)
Additional Information: Please can I have a disco-free, fast-paced exciting song? I really don’t care how it turns out, but as long as it’s high-pitched and fast.
When Needed: It’s no real emergency (within three weeks)

Sorry if I left out some information, but the rest’s up to you.
Austinato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

BGMead wrote:

Austinato wrote:

BGMead wrote:

Yes, you are now assigned to replace ski-'s position of Watcher #7, which is assigned to the following shops; In & Out, Blessing06's Banner & Logo Market, jromagnoli's Everything Shop, and The Come ‘n’ Leave Fast Shop.

Please bump those topics if they become inactive for a day (but don't spam) and please complete this task that shouldn't be completed for your shops.

Perkins6kinz6 wrote:

Can I get these orders taken for the use of the Come N` Leave Fast Shop please? No Scratchers here have currently taken these orders, and we all do not currently play these required instruments. Thank You!

Here They Are:

Additional Information:

—–

Additional Information: Please can I have a disco-free, fast-paced exciting song? I really don’t care how it turns out, but as long as it’s high-pitched and fast.

Will add to ISOOC, which has been abandoned for a while. Thanks for providing these orders, though!

7500+ posts (19th)
Perkins6kinz6
Scratcher
100+ posts

CreamClaws wrote:

Austinato wrote:

BGMead wrote:

Austinato wrote:

BGMead wrote:

Yes, you are now assigned to replace ski-'s position of Watcher #7, which is assigned to the following shops; In & Out, Blessing06's Banner & Logo Market, jromagnoli's Everything Shop, and The Come ‘n’ Leave Fast Shop.

Please bump those topics if they become inactive for a day (but don't spam) and please complete this task that shouldn't be completed for your shops.

Perkins6kinz6 wrote:

Here They Are:

Additional Information:

—–

Will add to ISOOC, which has been abandoned for a while. Thanks for providing these orders, though!
Okie, thanks!
Austinato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Austinato wrote:

WATCHER ASSIGNMENT - 06/20/2017
-Anvard-, redglitter, CutieCow17, MasterOfTheTiger, Ravenfur2004, MagicPigPerson, BGMead (formerly ski- under this position), grade342015, cattygo101, GrahamSH, TimeLordPlanet
Greetings 10 shop watchers, and one subsidiary watcher. I have an assignment for all of you to complete by June 22, 2017.

Please do the following to each of your shops you are assigned:
  • If it is falling inactive, ask the owner if they want any help.
  • Check for any population updates (look at staff list and count, or simply ask.)
  • Bump if there has not been any posts the day you visit it, but don't if it's more than a month old (use date, so the 20th for today, 21st for tomorrow, or 22nd of May.)
  • If the shop is not listed as a member or out of ISOOC in the members list, ask them (and give a brief explanation.)
  • Get to know the staff well, too.
  • Be kind about it.

Once you are done with collecting such information or completing those tasks, please post them here in a clean/straight-to-the-point way, and/or contact me on my profile.

If you are unable to complete such tasks by June 22, 2017, you will be contacted then, and if there is no response by June 29, 2017, you will be considered for removal.

You may be also placed as a backup if that is convenient.

Thanks for reading,
USS Co-Founder/Co-Owner Austinato

EDIT:

IF THE SHOP ALREADY HAS A RECENT POST FROM ME, REPEAT IT. I MAY HAVE MISSED/FORGOTTEN TO UPDATE IT ACCORDINGLY.
With the exception of BGMead, this should have been completed. I will notify watchers who have not completed this to complete it by July 1, 2017, or resign/find another position.

Quote scaled down (big text to normal and normal to small, small not changed) to save space.

Last edited by Austinato (June 27, 2017 23:42:24)

7500+ posts (19th)
BGMead
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Austinato wrote:

-snip-
With the exception of BGMead, this should have been completed. I will notify watchers who have not completed this to complete it by July 1, 2017, or resign/find another position.

Quote scaled down (big text to normal and normal to small, small not changed) to save space.
Doing my job now.

BGMead
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Where can I find a list of shops in ISOOC?

BGMead
Scratcher
1000+ posts

So far, only Jromagnoli's Everything Shop has responded. Ignore the post above. They have a population of 13 and I am getting to know the staff. They opted out of ISOOC a while back, and are fairly active.

Austinato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

BGMead wrote:

So far, only Jromagnoli's Everything Shop has responded. Ignore the post above. They have a population of 13 and I am getting to know the staff. They opted out of ISOOC a while back, and are fairly active.
So the shop has 13 members, out of ISOOC, and is falling inactive? Thanks for the update and I hope we can sort out the issue soon, and get more active.

7500+ posts (19th)
VideoGamerCanInvent
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I joined long ago and I got accepted… how come I am not on the staff list?

woah, haven't been on here in a while
Austinato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

VideoGamerCanInvent wrote:

Okay, that's odd. You're watcher 11 in charge of The (Kinda) Normal Shop, Jazzy's Scratch Shop, The Global Request Shop, and The Cherry Art Shop.

You should have been added…

7500+ posts (19th)
BGMead
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Austinato wrote:

BGMead wrote:

So the shop has 13 members, out of ISOOC, and is falling inactive? Thanks for the update and I hope we can sort out the issue soon, and get more active.
Sorry, I ment very active! It says they opted out of ISOOC on the member's list…

VideoGamerCanInvent
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Austinato wrote:

VideoGamerCanInvent wrote:

Okay, that's odd. You're watcher 11 in charge of The (Kinda) Normal Shop, Jazzy's Scratch Shop, The Global Request Shop, and The Cherry Art Shop.

You should have been added…
Alright

woah, haven't been on here in a while