Discuss Scratch

Austinato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The United Shops of Scratch - Topic 1 (2016-2018)

What do people think of having part of USS BASE's shop quality assessment being done by our partner SSR?

7500+ posts (19th)
CutieCow17
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Austinato wrote:

What do people think of having part of USS BASE's shop quality assessment being done by our partner SSR?
Isn't it SSRP? But I support.

GENERATION 361: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment. I did not start this.
What are signatures for?
lkli2346
Scratcher
500+ posts

So, at Scratch Request Shop, we have 40 members, and, uh… Isn't 10 representatives, a bit much?

GrahamSH
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I oppose 1.3. It says INDEPENDENT. But what about the IS in ISOOCS?

i made a project inspector!! https://project-inspector.pages.dev/
i made this online agenda: https://ejenda.org

i helped make this site: https://umassmakers.cloud/
GrahamSH
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Also, in 3.1.3, does the Vice President take over when the President is absent?

i made a project inspector!! https://project-inspector.pages.dev/
i made this online agenda: https://ejenda.org

i helped make this site: https://umassmakers.cloud/
-Anvard-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

GrahamSH wrote:

FIRST PRESIDENTIAL TERM SET FOR AUGUST-DECEMBER 2017
Following its approval as a position through a representative vote, the first USS Presidential term is set for August 1, 2017 to December 31, 2017. Campaigning is encouraged and elections will be in late July.

Anyone may run for President, however it requires a Presidential agenda/plan/speech and a planned Presidential ticket (your Vice President and Secretary.) There are currently two candidates:

-Anvard- (VP: jromagnoli, Secretary: DrChicken24) - Speech link
GrahamSH (VP: VideoGamerCanInvent, Secretary: MagicPigPerson)Speech here -

Added link.

Those who strive above all else to be rich in worldly goods are often trying to hide their spiritual poverty.
-Anonymous
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither.
-Benjamin Franklin
There is no greater love than that, that a man should lay down his life for his friend. Think, Daniel, can you repay such love with hate?
-The Bronze Bow, by Elizabeth George Speare
All endings are also beginnings. We just don't know it at the time.
-March Albom
-Anvard-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I will be inactive next week.

Those who strive above all else to be rich in worldly goods are often trying to hide their spiritual poverty.
-Anonymous
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither.
-Benjamin Franklin
There is no greater love than that, that a man should lay down his life for his friend. Think, Daniel, can you repay such love with hate?
-The Bronze Bow, by Elizabeth George Speare
All endings are also beginnings. We just don't know it at the time.
-March Albom
CutieCow17
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Sunshine Ranch would like to appoint redglitter, beth2008 and followcherryblossom as their representatives.

Am i allowed to say that or does the owner have to come here and say it?

GENERATION 361: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment. I did not start this.
What are signatures for?
CutieCow17
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Austinato wrote:

May 29, 2017 Update
  • Tweaked the introductory statement in the original post, notably now self-proclaimed the largest shop ever known on Scratch.
  • Updated the History post, now including estimates from me on behalf of the USS BASE program which is listed below.
  • The moderator application is now closed as we have a lot of moderators, however a low amount of watchers.
  • Began rewriting the USS Constitution.
  • Added the USS BASE & Presidential Position Proposition to the Staff Stuff post.
  • Added needed links in the Guide to Joining the USS.

USS BASE September 2017 Objective Announcement
Even if it is not required, I honestly, as USS Co-Founder and Co-Owner, expect the following numbers to be matched by September 1, 2017:

• 60 individuals under USS shops, subsidaries, and individual jobs, and/or 30 unique users.
  • 40 shops in total under the USS.
  • The entire Justice Department filled position-wise.
I was scrolling through and I found this. Are these the September goals you wanted?

What are signatures for?
Austinato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CutieCow17 wrote:

Austinato wrote:

Isn't it SSRP? But I support.
Yes, I meant that.

lkli2346 wrote:

So, at Scratch Request Shop, we have 40 members, and, uh… Isn't 10 representatives, a bit much?
At the moment, there is no official limit of representatives, and therefore no obligation for you to not appoint those 10, so you can if you want.

Do note that there may be a limit in the future.

GrahamSH wrote:

I oppose 1.3. It says INDEPENDENT. But what about the IS in ISOOCS?
Thanks for spotting an issue!

“Independent” is intended to distinguish shops from order-forwarding services - services that are classified as subsidiaries rather than shops under the USS.

I'll change that line to:
1.3 - Shops are officially defined as collaborative services in the Requests forums that complete orders/completed forms, and completes them themselves, as an independent shop (with the exception of the ISOOC program and limited partnerships.) This means that they can only complete orders by themselves, with the ISOOC and limited partnerships being an exception. Shops have been around in the USS since it's foundation in October 2016.

GrahamSH wrote:

Also, in 3.1.3, does the Vice President take over when the President is absent?
They work cooperatively during their terms, with the VP doing Presidential tasks during absency, but not taking over the position completely.

-Anvard- wrote:

GrahamSH wrote:

FIRST PRESIDENTIAL TERM SET FOR AUGUST-DECEMBER 2017
Following its approval as a position through a representative vote, the first USS Presidential term is set for August 1, 2017 to December 31, 2017. Campaigning is encouraged and elections will be in late July.

Anyone may run for President, however it requires a Presidential agenda/plan/speech and a planned Presidential ticket (your Vice President and Secretary.) There are currently two candidates:

-Anvard- (VP: jromagnoli, Secretary: DrChicken24) - Speech link
GrahamSH (VP: VideoGamerCanInvent, Secretary: MagicPigPerson)Speech here -

Added link.
Thanks!

-Anvard- wrote:

I will be inactive next week.
Okay, thanks for the information!

CutieCow17 wrote:

Sunshine Ranch would like to appoint redglitter, beth2008 and followcherryblossom as their representatives.

Am i allowed to say that or does the owner have to come here and say it?
This is not specifically mentioned, but only the watcher in charge of the shop and a shop member can report population/representative changes, which I'll add to the Constitution accordingly.

CutieCow17 wrote:

Austinato wrote:

May 29, 2017 Update
  • Tweaked the introductory statement in the original post, notably now self-proclaimed the largest shop ever known on Scratch.
  • Updated the History post, now including estimates from me on behalf of the USS BASE program which is listed below.
  • The moderator application is now closed as we have a lot of moderators, however a low amount of watchers.
  • Began rewriting the USS Constitution.
  • Added the USS BASE & Presidential Position Proposition to the Staff Stuff post.
  • Added needed links in the Guide to Joining the USS.

USS BASE September 2017 Objective Announcement
Even if it is not required, I honestly, as USS Co-Founder and Co-Owner, expect the following numbers to be matched by September 1, 2017:

• 60 individuals under USS shops, subsidaries, and individual jobs, and/or 30 unique users.
  • 40 shops in total under the USS.
  • The entire Justice Department filled position-wise.
I was scrolling through and I found this. Are these the September goals you wanted?
Yes! Thanks!

7500+ posts (19th)
Austinato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ski- has quit as watcher #7, leaving that position vacant. They are not interested in the position, which I respect, but they are considering an Associate Justice position now.

Newly created positions in the Watcher Department are #11-13, which are in charge of the last admitted shops. These vacancies, marked with “N/A” in the Members list, can be taken by anybody (by volunteering) by July 1, 2017, and if there are any vacancies by then, applications for the Judicial Department will be re-opened to fill those vacancies.

A watcher hub (post) will be created by July 1, 2017, allowing Watchers to complete their tasks with ease of reference, which I encourage you to bookmark when it comes out.

So if anyone is interested in taking Watcher 7, 11, 12, or 13 as a secondary position, please tell me. (You will be in charge of four additional shops.)

I would like to also inform everyone that the watcher assignment was due on Friday, June 23, 2017, and only a few watchers submitted the information to me directly.

I plan on informing the watchers who have not informed me of any changes about the assignment, and using the Watcher hub post to help maintain the Watcher department.

Finally, the Secretary, as mentioned in the Constitution, is now the head of the Moderator (and Watcher) Departments, which also reminds me that jromagnoli needs to host the new representative vote.

7500+ posts (19th)
jromagnoli
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Austinato wrote:

Finally, the Secretary, as mentioned in the Constitution, is now the head of the Moderator (and Watcher) Departments, which also reminds me that jromagnoli needs to host the new representative vote.
Alright

ROAD TO 10,000 POSTS
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ 64%

If you can read this, my signature cubeupload has been eaten by an evil kumquat!
hehehe!Mytiptopsecrettopicidentifier!ahjdgggfhjadggahjsahasgdjfsdjfga

Austinato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

jromagnoli wrote:

Austinato wrote:

Alright
Thanks!

7500+ posts (19th)
Perkins6kinz6
Scratcher
100+ posts

FollowCherryBlossom wrote:

How many shops that a scratcher owns can be part of this?
As many as you want, I believe..
BGMead
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Well, you told me to:
Owner*: BGMead
Link to Topic: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/266284/?page=1#post-2677417
Name* Scratch Shop Ranking Program (SSRP)
Population* Watchers: 10 Shops: 13
Two Representatives: BGMead and -AwesomeAdvanced-

Heyo! I am Jade (she/her) and I used to be very active on the scratch discussion forums back in 2017. I've since left scratch to pursue an interest in game development, graphics and engine programming, and college.
monkeytrooper
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Geez… That was a long post. Meh. Now it really does feel like TSF!

MT

Signatures are a strange one really aren't they?
MagicPigPerson
Scratcher
1000+ posts

BGMead wrote:

Hello! I do not work here, but I would like to update you on population counts:

Swirl's Signatures: 3 members.
BGMead's Shop: 7 members.
The Blocky Shop: 5
The Come n' Leave Fast Shop: somewhere around 30

Buuuuump
You're welcome
EDIT: Swirls' has 5 members

Last edited by MagicPigPerson (June 26, 2017 07:52:58)

Scratch Profile

“If you fall down a rabbit hole, befriend the rabbits.” - MagicPigPerson

Austinato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

BGMead wrote:

Well, you told me to:
Owner*: BGMead
Link to Topic: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/266284/?page=1#post-2677417
Name* Scratch Shop Ranking Program (SSRP)
Population* Watchers: 10 Shops: 13
Two Representatives: BGMead and -AwesomeAdvanced-
Yeah, thanks for applying!

I do consider the SSRP to be a subsidiary instead of a shop federation, which is the main focus of our partnerships.

The SSRP will no longer have an USS inter-shop-federation partnership, but rather instead be sheltered by the USS as a subsidiary.

monkeytrooper wrote:

Geez… That was a long post. Meh. Now it really does feel like TSF!

MT

MagicPigPerson wrote:

BGMead wrote:

Hello! I do not work here, but I would like to update you on population counts:

Swirl's Signatures: 3 members.
BGMead's Shop: 7 members.
The Blocky Shop: 5
The Come n' Leave Fast Shop: somewhere around 30

Buuuuump
You're welcome
EDIT: Swirls' has 5 members
I think I added those changes, but I'll double-check.

Also, thanks for the update!

7500+ posts (19th)
FollowCherryBlossom
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Does that mean I could apply to be a watcher?

| Jess | 17 | Audiobook Maker | Artist | Coder | Questioning Biromantic | Writer | BROKEN + THE CYCLIST | #FINLAFOREVER

(((Finn the [Evil Kumquat Protector v]::#B22222)::#ffb6c1)::#9370DB)
redglitter
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Just reporting from my watcher job: The shops have not been active recently - I know @BrownieBatter987, the owner of the Emoticon Team, hasn't been on Scratch recently but I'll get back to you about the other shops.