Discuss Scratch

lkli2346
Scratcher
500+ posts

The United Shops of Scratch - Topic 1 (2016-2018)

Congrats to all banner/seal winners!

GrahamSH
Scratcher
1000+ posts

My edited speech:

Hello fellow USS workers and customers,

I, GrahamSH will be running for president of the USS. I belive that with you and I, WE can make the USS a better place. WE can pass laws to make the USS stronger such as ensuring help to failing shops and to increase benifits of member shops. WE will win and I will do as much as I can do to help you.

With me, VGCI, and MagicPigPerson

We will make the USS and the Scratch Community a better place

Last edited by GrahamSH (June 20, 2017 19:53:25)

i made a project inspector!! https://project-inspector.pages.dev/
i made this online agenda: https://ejenda.org

i helped make this site: https://umassmakers.cloud/
ski-
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hi . . .

just a little question about the Watcher position:
are we allowed to do staff activity checks in the shops we're responsible for?

Thanks for replying!
~ski-
CutieCow17
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Austinato wrote:

I meant to announce this, the winners of the USS Seal & Banner contest are:

Seal
The Official Seal of the United Shops of Scratch, which will now be used on official USS posts, is BrownieBatter987's entry!

Banner
The Official Banner of the United Shops of Scratch, which will be used here, is CutieCow17's entry!

Thank you participants for your entries! This contest took three months, following postponed dates, and such.
Thanks!

Good job to the other participants, and congrats to BrownieBatter987 for your seal!

GENERATION 361: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment. I did not start this.
What are signatures for?
Austinato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

GrahamSH wrote:

My edited speech:

I, GrahamSH will be running for president of the USS. I belive that with you and I, WE can make the USS a better place. WE can pass laws to make the USS stronger such as ensuring help to failing shops and to increase benifits of member shops. WE will win and I will do as much as I can do to help you.

Okay, thanks for the updated version! It's still a bit vague (what will you do to help failing shops/increase benefits?) Anyways, updated.

ski- wrote:

Hi . . .

Thanks for replying!
~ski-
This is not a specifically mentioned power under the USS, and I would say you can, but only if the shop(s) allow you to. If they don't wish for you to, please don't.

I can encourage this to be passed/proposed by the representatives or by the upcoming President, or even do it myself.

Yes, representatives, if you like this, gain support and start a proposition!

7500+ posts (19th)
jromagnoli
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Austinato wrote:

ski- wrote:

Hi . . .

Thanks for replying!
~ski-
This is not a specifically mentioned power under the USS, and I would say you can, but only if the shop(s) allow you to. If they don't wish for you to, please don't.

I can encourage this to be passed/proposed by the representatives or by the upcoming President, or even do it myself.

I feel this should be denied, we will be messing with the shop's rights. Of course sometimes it could be helpful.

ROAD TO 10,000 POSTS
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ 64%

If you can read this, my signature cubeupload has been eaten by an evil kumquat!
hehehe!Mytiptopsecrettopicidentifier!ahjdgggfhjadggahjsahasgdjfsdjfga

Austinato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

WATCHER ASSIGNMENT - 06/20/2017
-Anvard-, redglitter, CutieCow17, MasterOfTheTiger, Ravenfur2004, MagicPigPerson, BGMead (previously ski-), grade342015, cattygo101, GrahamSH, TimeLordPlanet
Greetings 10 shop watchers, and one subsidiary watcher. I have an assignment for all of you to complete by June 22, 2017.

Please do the following to each of your shops you are assigned:
  • If it is falling inactive, ask the owner if they want any help.
  • Check for any population updates (look at staff list and count, or simply ask.)
  • Bump if there has not been any posts the day you visit it, but don't if it's more than a month old (use date, so the 20th for today, 21st for tomorrow, or 22nd of May.)
  • If the shop is not listed as a member or out of ISOOC in the members list, ask them (and give a brief explanation.)
  • Get to know the staff well, too.
  • Be kind about it.

Once you are done with collecting such information or completing those tasks, please post them here in a clean/straight-to-the-point way, and/or contact me on my profile.

If you are unable to complete such tasks by June 22, 2017, you will be contacted then, and if there is no response by June 29, 2017, you will be considered for removal.

You may be also placed as a backup if that is convenient.

Thanks for reading,
USS Co-Founder/Co-Owner Austinato

EDIT:
IF THE SHOP ALREADY HAS A RECENT POST FROM ME, REPEAT IT. I MAY HAVE MISSED/FORGOTTEN TO UPDATE IT ACCORDINGLY.

Last edited by Austinato (June 28, 2017 14:53:44)

7500+ posts (19th)
scratchcat2538
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Austinato wrote:

I meant to announce this, the winners of the USS Seal & Banner contest are:

Seal
The Official Seal of the United Shops of Scratch, which will now be used on official USS posts, is BrownieBatter987's entry!

Banner
The Official Banner of the United Shops of Scratch, which will be used here, is CutieCow17's entry!

Thank you participants for your entries! This contest took three months, following postponed dates, and such.
Aw…but still congrats to the winners!

“Luke, I am your father.” ~ Darth Vader
CutieCow17
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I know this probably isn't the right place, but Austinato, your shop doesn't seem to say anywhere about ISOOC orders?

GENERATION 361: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment. I did not start this.
What are signatures for?
GrahamSH
Scratcher
1000+ posts

My edited speech:

I, GrahamSH will be running for president of the USS. I belive that with you and I, WE can make the USS a better place. WE can pass laws to make the USS stronger such as to ensure help to failing shops by advertising to increase both the amount of orders and the amount of staff. Also, we can increase benifits of member shops by having more realionships with advertisements such as The Shop Directory, Studios, and even Projects. WE will win and I will do as much as I can do to help you.

We will make the USS and Scratch Community a better place

GrahamSH
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ignore this

Last edited by GrahamSH (June 21, 2017 10:04:16)

GrahamSH
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Austinato wrote:

-Anvard-, redglitter, CutieCow17, MasterOfTheTiger, Ravenfur2004, MagicPigPerson, ski-, grade342015, cattygo101, GrahamSH, TimeLordPlanet
Greetings 10 shop watchers, and one subsidiary watcher. I have an assignment for all of you to complete by June 22, 2017.

• Check for any population updates (look at staff list and count, or simply ask.)
  • Bump if there has not been any posts the day you visit it, but don't if it's more than a month old (use date, so the 20th for today, 21st for tomorrow, or 22nd of May.)
  • If the shop is not listed as a member or out of ISOOC in the members list, ask them (and give a brief explanation.)
  • Be kind about it.

Once you are done with collecting such information or completing those tasks, please post them here in a clean/straight-to-the-point way, and/or contact me on my profile.

If you are unable to complete such tasks by June 22, 2017, you will be contacted then, and if there is no response by June 29, 2017, you will be considered for removal.

Thanks for reading,

EDIT:
IF THE SHOP ALREADY HAS A RECENT POST FROM ME, REPEAT IT. I MAY HAVE MISSED/FORGOTTEN TO UPDATE IT ACCORDINGLY.
I MAY not be able to do it because of the election but I will TRY.

MagicPigPerson
Scratcher
1000+ posts

WATCHER UPDATE - 21/06/2017

5 Star Scratch Shop
No changes to be noted - shop has been bumped
The Alt Emoticon and Text Art Shop
No changes to be noted - shop has been bumped. Fell slightly inactive, volunteered help on owners profile
Blocksin Pixel Art Shop
The Emporium of Everything
Member count is now 8. No other changes to be noted - shop has been bumped

Scratch Profile

“If you fall down a rabbit hole, befriend the rabbits.” - MagicPigPerson

Austinato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CutieCow17 wrote:

I know this probably isn't the right place, but Austinato, your shop doesn't seem to say anywhere about ISOOC orders?
I think I'll have it open to ISOOC since we have some older, untaken orders, but normal orders will stay to only the shop. Thanks for the reminder, too.

GrahamSH wrote:

My edited speech:

I, GrahamSH will be running for president of the USS. I belive that with you and I, WE can make the USS a better place. WE can pass laws to make the USS stronger such as to ensure help to failing shops by advertising to increase both the amount of orders and the amount of staff. Also, we can increase benifits of member shops by having more realionships with advertisements such as The Shop Directory, Studios, and even Projects. WE will win and I will do as much as I can do to help you.

We will make the USS and Scratch Community a better place

Great!

MagicPigPerson wrote:

WATCHER UPDATE - 21/06/2017

5 Star Scratch Shop
The Alt Emoticon and Text Art Shop
No changes to be noted - shop has been bumped. Fell slightly inactive, volunteered help on owners profile
Blocksin Pixel Art Shop
The Emporium of Everything
Member count is now 8. No other changes to be noted - shop has been bumped
Thanks for completing the task! I'll update The Emporium of Everything's population count, and acknowledge The Alt Emoticon and Text Art Shop's inactivity volunteering.

All of those shops are listed as member of the ISOOC, too, right?
All of those shops are listed as out or in ISOOC, right?

Please ask “5 Star Scratch Shop” and “Blocksin's Pixel Shop” if they are in or out of ISOOC, and inform The Emporium of Everything that gems89 is now representative since they were in queue, and that FollowCherryBlossom is in queue now, allowing them to become representative when the shop reaches 12 population?

EDIT 1: Fixed quote leak.
EDIT 2: Corrected sentence.
EDIT 3: Everything that needs to be updated has been.

Last edited by Austinato (June 21, 2017 15:34:44)

7500+ posts (19th)
ski-
Scratcher
100+ posts

Austinato wrote:

-Anvard-, redglitter, CutieCow17, MasterOfTheTiger, Ravenfur2004, MagicPigPerson, ski-, grade342015, cattygo101, GrahamSH, TimeLordPlanet

• Be kind about it.

Thanks for reading,

EDIT:
Ok! I will be sure to do this. I just wanted to let you know - I will be completely inactive from July 2 - 8. I'm sorry for any inconvenience.
ski-
Scratcher
100+ posts

Austinato wrote:

GrahamSH wrote:

My edited speech:

Okay, thanks for the updated version! It's still a bit vague (what will you do to help failing shops/increase benefits?) Anyways, updated.

ski- wrote:

Hi . . .

Thanks for replying!
~ski-

Ok! So just making sure I got this right- for now, I can as long as I have the shop's permission?
Austinato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ski- wrote:

Ok! I will be sure to do this. I just wanted to let you know - I will be completely inactive from July 2 - 8. I'm sorry for any inconvenience.
That is fine! I actually thank you for letting me know ahead of time.

ski- wrote:

Ok! So just making sure I got this right- for now, I can as long as I have the shop's permission?
Yes.

7500+ posts (19th)
ski-
Scratcher
100+ posts

Austinato wrote:

ski- wrote:

That is fine! I actually thank you for letting me know ahead of time.

ski- wrote:

Yes.
Ok! And you're welcome
MagicPigPerson
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Austinato wrote:

Please ask “5 Star Scratch Shop” and “Blocksin's Pixel Shop” if they are in or out of ISOOC
Done and done. 5 Star Scratch Shop has opted in, and there is no response yet from Blocksin's Pixel Art Shop. Will edit this post when they are finished deciding.

Austinato wrote:

and inform The Emporium of Everything that gems89 is now representative since they were in queue, and that FollowCherryBlossom is in queue now, allowing them to become representative when the shop reaches 12 population.
Done.

Scratch Profile

MagicPigPerson
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Shop Owner*: MagicPigPerson
Shop Name* & Link*: Swirls Signatures
Shop Specialty* (only one): Banners
Shop Banner: Link here.
Shop Motto: Daring to Design
Shop Population* (including yourself): 2
Shop Representatives*: MagicPigPerson
Next Shop Representative (in queue): AmazingFlowershroom
Notes: N/A
Do you wish to have other people complete orders for your shop after that order is old?: Yes.

Scratch Profile