Discuss Scratch

smartcutecandy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Writing!

cheese-duck wrote:

smartcutecandy wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

When I read and there's something in common with my stories and I'm like “SHEESH”
Especially names
so i use names that don't pop up in stories a lot :V

Also I get mad when someone looks like a character… like seriously this freakin dude in my school looks exactly like Evlon Gallegar/Supernova (except his height and his jaw. yes his jaw. Evlon's is wider than his and his front teeth aren't as prominent… also he's about a foot taller). WHICH is strange because he has a hairstyle you wouldn't dream up a real person having…

jk if you want to see an unrealistic hairstyle then Jessie from Pokemon (honestly HOW MUCH GEL WOULD THAT TAKE)

yes i think up character appearances in detail. i have a freakin chart with heights and stuff and i'm so freakin specific with jetstream that he has a tan line on his wrist from wearing his watch all the time. one day i'll probably write down the exact position of all of terrydactyl's freckles :>

GAHHHH i must shut up
I have a friend who looks like Newt from the Maze Runner. The resemblance is really uncanny…
aowefiansdofkaehroiwueo you got me thinking Newt Scamander for a moment
Haha sorry.

EDIT: But seriously, just give him a british accent and you've got Newt…

Last edited by smartcutecandy (April 22, 2017 20:52:38)

felmm23
Scratcher
14 posts

Writing!

I am writing this giant crossover. This is all I got so far.

It all started after the FAYZ, a giant dome about the size of 20 school buses. Sam had just been reunited with his mom. That was when the powers started. It was minor things like him being able to control how other people felt. He just took it as a left over from FAYZ. Pretty soon, Sam’s mom saw this and freaked. She asked him what this was and when this first happened. Sam just shrugged and went back to his homework. By the end of Tuesday Sam and Quinn went surfing. It should have been a normal day. Sam was happy and he had a date with Astrid later. When Sam reached the surf he saw young boy running at an older man who had red glasses. Sam saw a black shadow appear and take control of the older man. As Sam grew up he saw the shadow more often, such as the time when he, Jake Portman, Percy Jackson, and Harry Potter. The last time he saw it was on his high school graduation. He than told his mom. She said, “you can see him right?’ Sam was scared, he didn’t know what that meant. His mom said, “your dad was Ares, we never expected you or Caine to get powers.” Sam’s mom pauses, “your father told me I had to pick, give away Caine or you.” Sam stops, “does my dad wear red glasses?’’ His mom said, “yes’’. Sam stood in shock as he recalled the shadow. In the evening Sam got up and made a few calls. First he called Percy, than Astrid, Quinn, Dekka, Charles, and Magnus. The group set out to a camp Percy went to.
To Be Continued…

As Sam and co tramped on through the woods Sam realize they hadn't eaten weeks. As Sam continued to tramp through the woods, he realized something. He wasn't hungry anymore! Percy said something was up. “It’s like Pandora’s box wasn’t opened.” This was the case for many reasons. Just then Magnus tripped and fell. He got a cut, but then it just faded away. “It’s like we’re gods!” Magnus said. Percy led the group to his camp. Except he found it was deserted! It was all burning, Percy ran forward to try to save the camp but he was too late. The camp burned down, Percy knelt down and started to cry. “It had been my home for as long as I could remember. This was were I met my girlfriend. Gone, all gone.” Just than a low growling noise was heard. POOF! Standing right in front of them was an 11 year old boy in a suit. Right next to him was a 6 feet tall man. This man carried a small handgun, for protection. The young boy said, “Hello humans I am Artemis Fowl.”

To Be Continued…
As Percy removed himself from the ground and headed over to the child. He was moving in an odd fashion and it took Sam almost to long to realize what Percy was doing. “Stop!” Sam yelled, but he was too late Percy leapt at the child and tackled the kid to the ground. Percy attacked the child with a horrifying ferocity. Just then another portal opened and a bunch of sand spilled out. Two people, a man and a woman ran over to Percy and killed him. Sam was shocked and asked, “Why?” The Woman said that the Percy was not Percy. “That was a Phantom. A Phantom is someone who you love but is not. ‘Percy’ was here because his master thought Annabeth Chase was here.” As the group set out; with two new people: headed to a strange city.
To Be Continued

Hours later Sam found a chilling message and all his campmates gone. To save the ones you love, you must kill the ones that seek your help. As Sam finished reading this he was distraught. That night as he laid down to rest he prayed that he could get a new team. By the time he woke he could smell bacon. When he went outside he saw a new team! He saw Sadie and Carter Kane,

felmm23
Scratcher
14 posts

Writing!

It all started after the FAYZ, a giant dome about the size of 20 school buses. Sam had just been reunited with his mom. That was when the powers started. It was minor things like him being able to control how other people felt. He just took it as a left over from FAYZ. Pretty soon, Sam’s mom saw this and freaked. She asked him what this was and when this first happened. Sam just shrugged and went back to his homework. By the end of Tuesday Sam and Quinn went surfing. It should have been a normal day. Sam was happy and he had a date with Astrid later. When Sam reached the surf he saw young boy running at an older man who had red glasses. Sam saw a black shadow appear and take control of the older man. As Sam grew up he saw the shadow more often, such as the time when he, Jake Portman, Percy Jackson, and Harry Potter. The last time he saw it was on his high school graduation. He than told his mom. She said, “you can see him right?’ Sam was scared, he didn’t know what that meant. His mom said, “your dad was Ares, we never expected you or Caine to get powers.” Sam’s mom pauses, “your father told me I had to pick, give away Caine or you.” Sam stops, “does my dad wear red glasses?’’ His mom said, “yes’’. Sam stood in shock as he recalled the shadow. In the evening Sam got up and made a few calls. First he called Percy, than Astrid, Quinn, Dekka, Charles, and Magnus. The group set out to a camp Percy went to.
To Be Continued…

As Sam and co tramped on through the woods Sam realize they hadn't eaten weeks. As Sam continued to tramp through the woods, he realized something. He wasn't hungry anymore! Percy said something was up. “It’s like Pandora’s box wasn’t opened.” This was the case for many reasons. Just then Magnus tripped and fell. He got a cut, but then it just faded away. “It’s like we’re gods!” Magnus said. Percy led the group to his camp. Except he found it was deserted! It was all burning, Percy ran forward to try to save the camp but he was too late. The camp burned down, Percy knelt down and started to cry. “It had been my home for as long as I could remember. This was were I met my girlfriend. Gone, all gone.” Just than a low growling noise was heard. POOF! Standing right in front of them was an 11 year old boy in a suit. Right next to him was a 6 feet tall man. This man carried a small handgun, for protection. The young boy said, “Hello humans I am Artemis Fowl.”

To Be Continued…
As Percy removed himself from the ground and headed over to the child. He was moving in an odd fashion and it took Sam almost to long to realize what Percy was doing. “Stop!” Sam yelled, but he was too late Percy leapt at the child and tackled the kid to the ground. Percy attacked the child with a horrifying ferocity. Just then another portal opened and a bunch of sand spilled out. Two people, a man and a woman ran over to Percy and killed him. Sam was shocked and asked, “Why?” The Woman said that the Percy was not Percy. “That was a Phantom. A Phantom is someone who you love but is not. ‘Percy’ was here because his master thought Annabeth Chase was here.” As the group set out; with two new people: headed to a strange city.
To Be Continued

Hours later Sam found a chilling message and all his campmates gone. To save the ones you love, you must kill the ones that seek your help. As Sam finished reading this he was distraught. That night as he laid down to rest he prayed that he could get a new team. By the time he woke he could smell bacon. When he went outside he saw a new team! He saw Sadie and Carter Kane,

cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Writing!

hello jellos i just wanted to post something here so i can leech on your stories

idk i hate writing this part of the book because it's so unsuspenseful, also I wrote 400 pages about 9 months and now i have to write 400 pages about 2 months. i'm having my ‘i can’t keep track of time' problems again. i wrote 2 emotional scenes in 1 chapter because there was not enough suspense. the first one was “ok my friend is dying criii” and the second was “ok my friend who was dying is alive now and he just called me a jerk so i am lonely.”

sorry for the rant
idk what i am doing with my life
i just spent about an hour watching bill wurtz videos
tomorrow is monday and i was supposed to make a slide show for my math project but my partner had the measurements and stuff so i didn't do it
i keep coming up with freakishly endearing statements for scorpio to say about evlon but i think she has too many brain cells to really say them
i feel like i am swallowing knives*
congration me, i made yet ANOTHER cliche character. i think evlon is more cliche than eric now and that's not good because eric is cliche as heck
idk the whole evlon-sings-to-his-dead-brother thing is too much like hunger games tbh and it's awkward too
btw i'm drawing evlon and his dead brother except his brother isn't dead
i'm trying to write 5+ chapters about finding a dragon named Qerio but all it is is pascal having no friends, also why did i capitalize qerio but nothing else, why did i even need to mention his name
you know what synchronize will be absolutely awful because there's going to be hecking romance and hecking romance is cringy in books
at least to me anyways
huehuehue i found an old character who looks a lot like evlon. her names angelica or some crud and she also has blond hair, dark skin, and two different colored eyes. which is cringy. and edgy. and cliche. evlon is cliche. i don't like that. i mean i don't like the fact that evlon is cliche. i like evlon.
everyones probably tired of me talking about evlon now. ditto with scorpio. and eric. and possibly pascal. and everyone else. :\ rip

goblin shark

*Edit: some cold or something, not a writing thing, my throat is actually sore and i hate it

Last edited by cheese-duck (May 14, 2017 23:54:03)

Generalstarwars333
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Writing!

felmm23 wrote:

To Be Continued…

To Be Continued…
To Be Continued

Hmm… Interesting.

“Where a goat can go, a man can go. And where a man can go, he can drag a gun.” –William Philips, British Artillery Officer {|} “Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups”–George Carlin {|} “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and clobber you with experience”–George Carlin {|} “Never correct your enemy when he is making a mistake” –Napoleon Bonaparte {|} “There seems to be something wrong with our bloody ships today,”–British admiral David Beatty, after the British Battlecruisers Indefatigable and Queen Mary explode less than half an hour into The Battle of Jutland, 1916. {|} “The point of war isn't to die for your country. It's to make the other * die for his.”–George S. Patton {|} (Warhammer) 40k - where the genocidal, xenocidal, fascist, ultraconservative zealots with a morbid fear of technology and an unhealthy fondness for burning things… are the good guys.—A forum signature. {|} And now for the best quote: “All right. They're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us… They can't get away this time.”-Lt. Gen. Lewis B. “Chesty” Puller, USMC
Generalstarwars333
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Writing!

I'm currently taking part in a rather large collaboration with three of my friends. It takes place in a made up universe that one of them created that is kind of a little similar to Warhammer 40K. The main force is/was the New Holy Roman Empire/Imperium (NHRI), controlled by the friend that made the universe. Originally it was gonna be my three friends being the NHRI and having control of their own fleets that protect different parts of the galaxy and each have their own specialties, but one of them, BlargArgNarg, decided that he was gonna betray the other two before we had started, and told me, and then converted another friend, xharrisonyellow, to join us, so it ended up being the three of us against the 3rd friend who doesn't have a scratch account. It's been cool so far and we have 20+ pages(by our standards that's pretty good since we're mainly good at combat stuff and not very good at character interactions)

“Where a goat can go, a man can go. And where a man can go, he can drag a gun.” –William Philips, British Artillery Officer {|} “Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups”–George Carlin {|} “Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and clobber you with experience”–George Carlin {|} “Never correct your enemy when he is making a mistake” –Napoleon Bonaparte {|} “There seems to be something wrong with our bloody ships today,”–British admiral David Beatty, after the British Battlecruisers Indefatigable and Queen Mary explode less than half an hour into The Battle of Jutland, 1916. {|} “The point of war isn't to die for your country. It's to make the other * die for his.”–George S. Patton {|} (Warhammer) 40k - where the genocidal, xenocidal, fascist, ultraconservative zealots with a morbid fear of technology and an unhealthy fondness for burning things… are the good guys.—A forum signature. {|} And now for the best quote: “All right. They're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us… They can't get away this time.”-Lt. Gen. Lewis B. “Chesty” Puller, USMC
WolfCat67
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Writing!

I'm writing a novel in the future (actually as a self-directed school project but whatever), but I'm not going to provide any details as I actually plan on publishing it in the future. Which book? Not telling.

However, I can say that it's fantasy based (cliché) and the main character will have magic (cliché), but instead of having strong magic… They have defensive magic (RIP).

braxbroscratcher
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Writing!

WolfCat67 wrote:

I'm writing a novel in the future (actually as a self-directed school project but whatever), but I'm not going to provide any details as I actually plan on publishing it in the future. Which book? Not telling.

However, I can say that it's fantasy based (cliché) and the main character will have magic (cliché), but instead of having strong magic… They have defensive magic (RIP).
Cliche everything.

LOL I have a little story stem I've got going based around a depleted world where the world has regressed from agricultural society to hunter/gatherer for the most part, with one single door to some point elsewhere in the universe… problem is, no-one knows where and no-one can see through it to know.

Also, since I can't not…

lolotoony wrote:

I am trying to write a minecraft book, but i have writers block! I am so lazy with writing…. any help? any ideas about what I should make my books about? plz help!
badumtiss

My signature is kumquat proof.
But not tangerine pro-
nomnomnomnomnom

Current Project:
n/a
Quotes: “In our last hour, we burn the most brightly, trying to deny that we are burning out.” -Me
“Well, no. 1024 Killerbytes make a Murderbyte.” -MegaByteCorporations
“I hate out of context quotes.” -Me
“I hate it when Cubeupload breaks.” -Also me
cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Writing!

WolfCat67 wrote:

Congratulations for not being 100% cliche*
Ugh why can't I be original rip

*actually cliche is fine as long as it's well-written and it doesn't have TOO much cliche
cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Writing!

so this happened
(image removed by moderator - please keep it polite)

btw half my bookmarks i don't ever use and the two programs on my dock i ever use are chrome and textedit lol

Last edited by Paddle2See (June 1, 2017 09:15:17)

cs156175
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Writing!

cheese-duck wrote:

so this happened
(image removed by moderator - please keep it polite)

btw half my bookmarks i don't ever use and the two programs on my dock i ever use are chrome and textedit lol
Why is it in comic sans

Last edited by Paddle2See (June 1, 2017 09:15:35)

cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Writing!

cs156175 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

so this happened
Why is it in comic sans
Writer's Block decided 30-pt pink comic sans would be a nice way to annoy me, i guess
cs156175
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Writing!

cheese-duck wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

so this happened
Why is it in comic sans
Writer's Block decided 30-pt pink comic sans would be a nice way to annoy me, i guess
How professional.

cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Writing!

cs156175 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

so this happened
Why is it in comic sans
How professional.
yes very
WolfCat67
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Writing!

cheese-duck wrote:

WolfCat67 wrote:

*actually cliche is fine as long as it's well-written and it doesn't have TOO much cliche
Yeah, I've kept with pretty much just those clichés, and everything else, as far as I'm aware, is original…

Just so you all know, I've shifted the perspective over to first-person, but it alternates perspectives between two (maybe three in the future, I don't know) characters throughout the story. It doesn't actually state which characters the book is being told from at any point, though; instead, you'll have to figure it out yourself. However, it's quite easy after you've figured out the first one, as it uses two different fonts of similar style and size, but clearly different, for the two characters, so if you see a font change after a new chapter or after a “ * * * ”-style divider thing (hope you know what I'm talking about there), then it's changed perspective.

I've also set it to be present-tense, as past-tense makes you know that the characters are still alive, as, well, they're telling it from the future. However, in present tense, you don't know what will happen; after all, I could choose to use two different perspectives throughout, but then suddenly one dies and it doesn't use their perspective for the rest of the story… You never know what'll happen.

I also don't have a basic “main character” in the novel; in fact, I might switch it throughout the story, and instead of being centered around one character, it's around multiple and the entire world. Heck, I might even have the main character die and never show up again if I feel like it, and the novel wouldn't even be ruined and could still continue. That's how I'm writing it, anyway. I probably won't let the first introduced character die in the book, but who knows? Anything to keep the reader's attention and make it interesting. After all, if your main character is invincible, it doesn't make for a very convincing, realistic story. Your main character should be just as vulnerable to pain, emotional struggles, and even death as even a side character or a random “background” character that does nothing for the story. It's better that way, in my opinion.

Oh well. That's just not-so-great writing advice from a not-experienced writer. At least my characters aren't Mary Sues.

Last edited by WolfCat67 (June 10, 2017 05:36:54)

cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Writing!

WolfCat67 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

WolfCat67 wrote:

Yeah, I've kept with pretty much just those clichés, and everything else, as far as I'm aware, is original…

Just so you all know, I've shifted the perspective over to first-person, but it alternates perspectives between two (maybe three in the future, I don't know) characters throughout the story. It doesn't actually state which characters the book is being told from at any point, though; instead, you'll have to figure it out yourself. However, it's quite easy after you've figured out the first one, as it uses two different fonts of similar style and size, but clearly different, for the two characters, so if you see a font change after a new chapter or after a “ * * * ”-style divider thing (hope you know what I'm talking about there), then it's changed perspective.

I've also set it to be present-tense, as past-tense makes you know that the characters are still alive, as, well, they're telling it from the future. However, in present tense, you don't know what will happen; after all, I could choose to use two different perspectives throughout, but then suddenly one dies and it doesn't use their perspective for the rest of the story… You never know what'll happen.

I also don't have a basic “main character” in the novel; in fact, I might switch it throughout the story, and instead of being centered around one character, it's around multiple and the entire world. Heck, I might even have the main character die and never show up again if I feel like it, and the novel wouldn't even be ruined and could still continue. That's how I'm writing it, anyway. I probably won't let the first introduced character die in the book, but who knows? Anything to keep the reader's attention and make it interesting. After all, if your main character is invincible, it doesn't make for a very convincing, realistic story. Your main character should be just as vulnerable to pain, emotional struggles, and even death as even a side character or a random “background” character that does nothing for the story. It's better that way, in my opinion.

Oh well. That's just not-so-great writing advice from a not-experienced writer. At least my characters aren't Mary Sues.
Yeah I hate it when writers make their main characters “invincible…” Although I'll admit I have a LOT of cliches, I guess I try to make things believable. (Then I base characters off of myself and then they sound unrealistic because I'm unrealistic.)
I've seen perspective switches of course, but your kind is actually pretty original, since most of the time there's one specific main character (or two. or three. or whatever). I actually considered changing the novel I wrote to third person & switching “perspectives” (if you know what I mean), since it feels like I go a bit crazy in first person and it sounds dumb and immature… but I think first person fits more, especially because the book title is literally the main character's name. (The whole trilogy has 3 main characters that are equally as important*, and each one narrates one book.)
Also forgive me for my ignorance, but what exactly is a Mary Sue? (An overly cliche character?)

*They're supposed to be equally as important, actually. Although Eric always winds up sounding the most important.
smartcutecandy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Writing!

cheese-duck wrote:

WolfCat67 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

WolfCat67 wrote:

Yeah I hate it when writers make their main characters “invincible…” Although I'll admit I have a LOT of cliches, I guess I try to make things believable. (Then I base characters off of myself and then they sound unrealistic because I'm unrealistic.)
I've seen perspective switches of course, but your kind is actually pretty original, since most of the time there's one specific main character (or two. or three. or whatever). I actually considered changing the novel I wrote to third person & switching “perspectives” (if you know what I mean), since it feels like I go a bit crazy in first person and it sounds dumb and immature… but I think first person fits more, especially because the book title is literally the main character's name. (The whole trilogy has 3 main characters that are equally as important*, and each one narrates one book.)
Also forgive me for my ignorance, but what exactly is a Mary Sue? (An overly cliche character?)

*They're supposed to be equally as important, actually. Although Eric always winds up sounding the most important.
Yes, a Mary Sue is an overly cliche character.

cs156175
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Writing!

smartcutecandy wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

WolfCat67 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

WolfCat67 wrote:

Actually, no.
A Mary Sue can be completely original, never follow a single cliche, and still be a Mary Sue.
A Mary Sue is simply a type of bad character where there aren't enough flaws or no flaws at all, or in a certain scenario lots of flaws that don't actually seem to hinder them in any way (or are overshadowed by powers and good traits.)
Most people associate Mary Sues with neon, rainbow, kawaii-desu magical eyesores. However, a Mary Sue character can look completely normal and be a Mary Sue because their powers far outweigh what they should be able to do. The most commonly used Sue flaws are ‘clumsy’ and ‘shy’, and most often the clumsiness ends up helping the character in some way. A Sue personality made up of some I've seen would be something like:
Awesome, funny, cool, lighthearted, shy, humble, rebellious, snarky, smart
Note the use of adjectives that are subjective. Do not do this.
That also includes saying your character is beautiful or handsome. Don't. Let people decide for themselves.
Of course, MS aren't the only bad type of character. I might write more of these about other types.

cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Writing!

cs156175 wrote:

smartcutecandy wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

WolfCat67 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

WolfCat67 wrote:

Actually, no.
A Mary Sue can be completely original, never follow a single cliche, and still be a Mary Sue.
A Mary Sue is simply a type of bad character where there aren't enough flaws or no flaws at all, or in a certain scenario lots of flaws that don't actually seem to hinder them in any way (or are overshadowed by powers and good traits.)
Most people associate Mary Sues with neon, rainbow, kawaii-desu magical eyesores. However, a Mary Sue character can look completely normal and be a Mary Sue because their powers far outweigh what they should be able to do. The most commonly used Sue flaws are ‘clumsy’ and ‘shy’, and most often the clumsiness ends up helping the character in some way. A Sue personality made up of some I've seen would be something like:
That also includes saying your character is beautiful or handsome. Don't. Let people decide for themselves.
Of course, MS aren't the only bad type of character. I might write more of these about other types.
“kawaii-desu magical eyesores” lol
Yes, subjective adjectives to describe a character drives me crazy, at least when overused. (Sure, saying “I guess i'm smart. I think. Maybe.” is okay.)
The example you gave actually has some contradictions, or at least partially. For instance smart and cool… jk jk (just saying from experience that smart kids usually aren't very cool… ugh did i just call myself smart, i need to stop being so freakin self centered)
cs156175
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Writing!

cheese-duck wrote:

cs156175 wrote:

smartcutecandy wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

WolfCat67 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

WolfCat67 wrote:

Actually, no.
“kawaii-desu magical eyesores” lol
Yes, subjective adjectives to describe a character drives me crazy, at least when overused. (Sure, saying “I guess i'm smart. I think. Maybe.” is okay.)
The example you gave actually has some contradictions, or at least partially. For instance smart and cool… jk jk (just saying from experience that smart kids usually aren't very cool… ugh did i just call myself smart, i need to stop being so freakin self centered)
Exactly. MS's are usually contradictory, and they usually don't have a personality archetype of any kind (they're just a bunch of good and sometimes bad traits mashed together with no though to whether they fit). Also, EmoSues (it's a term I made up but I'm sure it exists somewhere else) are characters with terrible pasts that only exist to garner sympathy and give reasoning for things the character has that makes them ‘cool’, like scars or.. flashbacks. That would just be an emo character, actually (which is just as bad, pasts aren't all tragic, and a dark and brooding character who can't be happy isn't very interesting), but an EmoSue is a character who, despite their tragicness, still finds a way to be the kindest, most understanding being on earth. This is attributed to their tragic pasts, but they don't seem to be negatively affected in any way (or in very small ways, which usually make them more compassionate/kind) by said pasts.
There are also Edgy OCs and EdgySues. Basically you can take any bad character type (Bland, stereotypical, unoriginal) and add ‘sue’ to the end and have a valid bad character type.