Discuss Scratch

Nerdytomboy
Scratcher
100+ posts

Writing!

im writin a book series called the chronicles of eagle song. the book im currently working on is called the quest for the diamond empire. its about a girl who finds a portal to another world, accidentally goes to the wrong city, and has to go on a crazy quest and two of her brothers disapear! then they battle one big snow demon! i finished a short story about a girl whos relitive dies, and right before she does, she says “dont forget to send me a post card from heaven” and then a few weeks later, she finds somting in the mail,

Remember the Alamo
cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Writing!

Nerdytomboy wrote:

im writin a book series called the chronicles of eagle song. the book im currently working on is called the quest for the diamond empire. its about a girl who finds a portal to another world, accidentally goes to the wrong city, and has to go on a crazy quest and two of her brothers disapear! then they battle one big snow demon! i finished a short story about a girl whos relitive dies, and right before she does, she says “dont forget to send me a post card from heaven” and then a few weeks later, she finds somting in the mail,
the one about the post card from heaven kind of reminds me of this idea that my one friend had about a girl who was hit by a car and died and then she has all these adventures as an angel
Randomfox
Scratcher
100+ posts

Writing!

I've started writing an 8-book series called ‘Switchpaw Saga’ about a girl who can turn into a wolf-like creature (a Switchpaw) and finds out that she is important for the future of the other Switchpaws due to being a mysterious, extra-powerful Switchpaw only born once every 100 years. I'm up to the 120th page of the 1st book, so I'm quite optimistic about this, because it is the first time I've ever got beyond about 5 pages without losing interest! I have been working on this idea and the plot for over 5 years!

inactive
Randomfox
Scratcher
100+ posts

Writing!

MoonLilac3487 wrote:

SashaGeorge wrote:

MajesticB wrote:

SashaGeorge wrote:

Yeah, even though I love to write comedy stories, I also write sad ones too. I agree with the ‘Hide them from your Mum’ part- I do it to
Me too. My Dad wants to read the story I'm working on. Nope. Not gonna happen.
IKR. I never let anyone I know read my writing.
I got my sister to read my book and she read up to the 3rd page and went, ‘wait, what’s happening again?' I'm not sure she's old enough to understand it yet but I don't know who else can read it XD

inactive
Randomfox
Scratcher
100+ posts

Writing!

cheese-duck wrote:

scratchnapped wrote:

Yeah ik!
I usually collab with my cousin on stories, but she HATES it when I include boys in the story and so I end up doing whatever she wants (she's a year younger than me). I did a story where I had ONE boy, and we're both having so much fun with the story now. Just because we didn't get rid of ONE male character. >;3
I love writing violent stories xD but I'm always afraid to put them in my computer in case my brother finds them and shows my mom.
wait… that's the exact same thing that happens to me (well, not entirely)… i collab a lot, and i hate it when there's no boys in the story (i have an odd grudge against girls), and i do write violent stories…
oh god why did i just write that, that post was from two months ago
I just make sure my sister doesn't get involved in my book-writing, or there would be a lot more pink than there is at the moment…

inactive
Nightfall452
Scratcher
100+ posts

Writing!

I write mostly fanfiction, but I do write other things as well. I remember this one where a football player gets help from a 12 year old genius to get into his football team, and then at the end the 12 year old gets hit by a car (she didn't die)

Classic

Never underestimate bass drops.
MoonLilac3487
Scratcher
17 posts

Writing!

Randomfox wrote:

MoonLilac3487 wrote:

SashaGeorge wrote:

MajesticB wrote:

SashaGeorge wrote:

Yeah, even though I love to write comedy stories, I also write sad ones too. I agree with the ‘Hide them from your Mum’ part- I do it to
I got my sister to read my book and she read up to the 3rd page and went, ‘wait, what’s happening again?' I'm not sure she's old enough to understand it yet but I don't know who else can read it XD
You could share it on scratch.

A book is not just ink and paper. It carries the heart and soul of the author.

Randomfox
Scratcher
100+ posts

Writing!

MoonLilac3487 wrote:

Randomfox wrote:

MoonLilac3487 wrote:

SashaGeorge wrote:

MajesticB wrote:

SashaGeorge wrote:

Yeah, I was thinking that but I am actually planning to get it published (at some point) so I don't want to destroy my hopes for a copyright. Thanks for the idea though!

inactive
MoonLilac3487
Scratcher
17 posts

Writing!

Randomfox wrote:

MoonLilac3487 wrote:

Randomfox wrote:

MoonLilac3487 wrote:

SashaGeorge wrote:

MajesticB wrote:

SashaGeorge wrote:

Yeah, I was thinking that but I am actually planning to get it published (at some point) so I don't want to destroy my hopes for a copyright. Thanks for the idea though!
Yeah, true. I would but I don't think anyone would want to publish my stuff.

Nerdytomboy
Scratcher
100+ posts

Writing!

Ok, so now i am feeling kinda weird. I keep getting all these ideas for books, but my poor little hard drive cant contain it! I dont have enough note books either. My guess, im working on 'bout fifty million books. Another book im working on is called “The Boy, the Girl, and the Project” its way better than most of my books. But im trying to convert all my time to the Quest fro the Diamond Empire.

Remember the Alamo
coolmangos2
Scratcher
32 posts

Writing!

I am a writer. I have published many books, and to all of you young writers, Remember that your life is your life, and write because you love writing, not because you want to be a famous author or you want to see your name at Barnes and Nobles.
if <you want to be a writer> then
think [My imagination is my strongpoint] for (2) secs

end
MoonLilac3487
Scratcher
17 posts

Writing!

coolmangos2 wrote:

I am a writer. I have published many books, and to all of you young writers, Remember that your life is your life, and write because you love writing, not because you want to be a famous author or you want to see your name at Barnes and Nobles.
if <you want to be a writer> then
think [My imagination is my strongpoint] for (2) secs

end
What are the names of your books?

cheese-duck
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Writing!

Nerdytomboy wrote:

Ok, so now i am feeling kinda weird. I keep getting all these ideas for books, but my poor little hard drive cant contain it! I dont have enough note books either. My guess, im working on 'bout fifty million books. Another book im working on is called “The Boy, the Girl, and the Project” its way better than most of my books. But im trying to convert all my time to the Quest fro the Diamond Empire.
I have only half of my stories on GoogleDocs bookmarked, and there are about 12 stories bookmarked. Recently started one about this guy named Trent (who has an extreme fear of sharks) and me (typical… I'm always one of the main characters) trying to topple this intergalactic empire. A bit like super awful Star Wars. So don't worry, you're not the only one with fifty million ideas.
MoonLilac3487
Scratcher
17 posts

Writing!

cheese-duck wrote:

Nerdytomboy wrote:

I have only half of my stories on GoogleDocs bookmarked, and there are about 12 stories bookmarked. Recently started one about this guy named Trent (who has an extreme fear of sharks) and me (typical… I'm always one of the main characters) trying to topple this intergalactic empire. A bit like super awful Star Wars. So don't worry, you're not the only one with fifty million ideas.
IKR! It seems like the moment I start a book a lose my idea for it and have to start another one, so I have ideas scattered all over microsoft word, scratch, and my notebooks. Maybe I'll get one of them finished someday…

Randomfox
Scratcher
100+ posts

Writing!

MoonLilac3487 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

Nerdytomboy wrote:

IKR! It seems like the moment I start a book a lose my idea for it and have to start another one, so I have ideas scattered all over microsoft word, scratch, and my notebooks. Maybe I'll get one of them finished someday…
Same here! I write most of my books by hand and I have a huge notebook full of books I'm probably never going to finish:
The Median: the world gets hit by a giant meteor and only four foxes from different parts of the world survive. They have to meet at the middle of the world to find out how to rebuild it.
A Wolf Called Poseidon: a young elf forms an unlikely friendship with a wolf. Unfortunately, it turns out that the friendship was never meant to happen.
Perfect: Sylvia's best friend goes missing from her boarding school and she has to save her.
Minnie Runs Away: Minnie the mouse decides to run away when her owner dresses her in Barbie clothes and lipstick. (I wrote this when I was 5!)
This is only a fraction of the various books I have tried to write. I'm currently about 150 pages into my latest attempt at a novel: The Mark of the Red Paw.

inactive
MoonLilac3487
Scratcher
17 posts

Writing!

Randomfox wrote:

MoonLilac3487 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

Nerdytomboy wrote:

Same here! I write most of my books by hand and I have a huge notebook full of books I'm probably never going to finish:
The Median: the world gets hit by a giant meteor and only four foxes from different parts of the world survive. They have to meet at the middle of the world to find out how to rebuild it.
A Wolf Called Poseidon: a young elf forms an unlikely friendship with a wolf. Unfortunately, it turns out that the friendship was never meant to happen.
Perfect: Sylvia's best friend goes missing from her boarding school and she has to save her.
Minnie Runs Away: Minnie the mouse decides to run away when her owner dresses her in Barbie clothes and lipstick. (I wrote this when I was 5!)
This is only a fraction of the various books I have tried to write. I'm currently about 150 pages into my latest attempt at a novel: The Mark of the Red Paw.
?
Well good luck! I hope you finish one soon.

Nerdytomboy
Scratcher
100+ posts

Writing!

MoonLilac3487 wrote:

Randomfox wrote:

MoonLilac3487 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

Nerdytomboy wrote:

?
I just started another!!! IM GOIN CRAZY!!!!!!!!!

Remember the Alamo
MoonLilac3487
Scratcher
17 posts

Writing!

Nerdytomboy wrote:

MoonLilac3487 wrote:

Randomfox wrote:

MoonLilac3487 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

Nerdytomboy wrote:

?
LOL I started going into poetry recently since my poems don't take as long to finish…usually…

Code_Name_Geek
Scratcher
100+ posts

Writing!

MoonLilac3487 wrote:

Nerdytomboy wrote:

MoonLilac3487 wrote:

Randomfox wrote:

MoonLilac3487 wrote:

cheese-duck wrote:

Nerdytomboy wrote:

?
LOL I started going into poetry recently since my poems don't take as long to finish…usually…
I had a poem that took me two or three years to finish… XD

Are you a writer of any kind? Check out the Writers' Guild of Scratch!

Looking for project ideas? The Creative Spark studio is packed full of projects designed to jumpstart your imagination!

“Music is your own experience, your thoughts, your wisdom. If you don’t live it, it won’t come out of your horn. They teach you there’s a boundary line to music. But, man, there’s no boundary line to art.”
—Charlie Parker
Nerdytomboy
Scratcher
100+ posts

Writing!

SO BORED! i have writer's block! Cant. THink. Stupid. Stupid. Head. ARRRRRRRRGH!!!! (TEARS AT FACE)

Remember the Alamo