Discuss Scratch

eat-sleep-softball
Scratcher
100+ posts

Writing!

I LOVE writing. I am currently working on a book called Shell and it is about a girl with anxiety. I am kinda basing the girl off me, because I have anxiety. So, any other writing fans out there? Are you working on anything? Poems? Short stories? Novels? Got writer's block?

Last edited by eat-sleep-softball (March 13, 2015 01:59:01)

Ha! A kumquat has not eaten my signature………

A loquat has.

#unique
Rumanti
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Writing!

I'm writing a novel with autistic nerds as the characters. ( My mom said I have mild autism, and I respect the autistic children out there ) They're so geekish that they dream of paradoxes, impossibility, MATH, and others at nights, and the novel.. don't read it when you have a fever because your head will sting if you do.

:wq
Elephants4Ever
Scratcher
6 posts

Writing!

Hi there! I'm an amateur novelist, having finished one novel that I will never, ever, ever show anyone because it is incredibly awful, and looking to improve my books from there. I'm working on a couple different ones at the moment. I love writing and have since I first learned how to write.
Kuesopop
Scratcher
100+ posts

Writing!

eat-sleep-softball wrote:

I LOVE writing. I am currently working on a book called Shell and it is about a girl with anxiety. I am kinda basing the girl off me, because I have anxiety. So, any other writing fans out there? Are you working on anything? Poems? Short stories? Novels? Got writer's block?

I was writing a book about a young boy who plays Ouija with his friends. In the result, he gets attacked by a spirit which kills him. Somehow, at the date of his funeral, he could see everyone but yet not be able to move. He can see with his mind. After 3 months being dead, his body is dug up by a Shadow Master. A Shadow Master can see into the future, can see using mind and can also conjure up spells to fight. The Shadow Master leads him to a group of Shadow-men and Shadow-women. Then, he discovers that he is a Spectral Beast, one of the few of his kind that can overcome the power a Shadow Master has. Unable to control it, he must learn how to fight, to go against the Demonites - a race of demons who seek out to destroy the universe.

(So much detail)

I'm back to the Scratch community after a temporary ban for my project Breathe.

Code_Name_Geek
Scratcher
100+ posts

Writing!

I write tons of different stuff; poems, novels, short stories, you name it! I'm currently working on a novel about two high school jazz musicians that become friends despite their respective trust issues.

Are you a writer of any kind? Check out the Writers' Guild of Scratch!

Looking for project ideas? The Creative Spark studio is packed full of projects designed to jumpstart your imagination!

“Music is your own experience, your thoughts, your wisdom. If you don’t live it, it won’t come out of your horn. They teach you there’s a boundary line to music. But, man, there’s no boundary line to art.”
—Charlie Parker
Ashley234
Scratcher
33 posts

Writing!

I'm writing a book called Upside Down. And I love writing too!

So a kumquat wanted to buy my signature and I said no.

So he stole it instead.
Olivestar10
Scratcher
1 post

Writing!

I LOVE writing! Currently I am working on a novel and a short story. I've been writing stories for a while, maybe for a year or two.
bmazzaferro
Scratcher
43 posts

Writing!

I love writing too! Right now I'm writing a mystery and a very sad realistic fiction piece.
PrincessPanda_test_
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Writing!

I finished writing a draft of my novel, Moonlight, like months ago. Then my sibling messed the order up so I cancelled it.

I like writing Sonic fanfiction.

lolotoony
Scratcher
15 posts

Writing!

I am trying to write a minecraft book, but i have writers block! I am so lazy with writing…. any help? any ideas about what I should make my books about? plz help!

Who ate my signature?
———————————
A wombat did
Nether_before
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Writing!

I like to write as well, but I never really get far with my stories.

~~If life gives you kumquats, lock your signature up, bury it in the ground and hope it's safe~~
hello child. i am an elf
Scratch-Review
Scratcher
94 posts

Writing!

currently, i am writing a script for a TV show, i made my own timetable for what i will do and when, so i write for at least half an hour a day, but i will usually write more in a free slot (where i can do what i want) but i've always wanted to write about a boy (or girl) with asperger's syndrome.
SashaGeorge
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Writing!

Yeah! WACKY TITLE ALERT!
First I wrote:
UNCLE LAWRENCE AND THE EXPLODING HAIRDRYER!
Uncle Lawrence is whisked away to The Land Of Exploding Hairdryers after exploding his own. He meets three friendly aliens called Blob, Blob and Chocolate Cake.
I wrote that when I was seven. I am one and a bit months off being eleven now.
Then when I was eight, I decided to write the sequel.
UNCLE LAWRENCE AND THE EXPLODING HAIRDRYER 2!
Uncle Lawrence's children, Hillary (the eldest) and Bob (Real name: Bobotheemous) find an exploding hairdryer and get whisked away to The Land Of Exploding Hairdryers. They meet the aliens and become besties.
Then, when I was nine, I wrote the last book to the Trio, and possibly the most complicated plot of the three:
UNCLE LAWRENCE AND THE EXPLODING HAIRDRYER 3!
The aliens come to earth through a pack of playing cards. There is a escaped criminal, simply known in the book as Bad Man, who ends up kidnapping Bob and Hillary, but then he takes them to the Baby Ward in hospital. When they get there, they find out they now have twin siblings, Marmaduke (the girl) and Huckleberry (the boy). But they wake up the next day and the twins are both seven! Some other stuff happens. The entire family set a trap for Bad Man and they catch him.
Well, that's all for today, folks.
SashaGeorge
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Writing!

Detriment2 wrote:

I meant to write “tired” not tried

Frankly there are too many people pretending to be autistic because it's cool
Hey! You can't help being Autistic! Please! Respect Autistic people! Don't just think they are pretending, to be cool! Autism is a real life thing that some people have! They aren't pretending!

Last edited by SashaGeorge (Nov. 22, 2015 21:20:21)

LiLiTheFabulous
Scratcher
23 posts

Writing!

I know this is a silly thing to post but why not. I'm considering writing a love story. I have some characters and everything. I figured it's on the topic of writing? I'm new to the forums..

“I don't know what to write here so I'm just going to quote myself,” LiLiTheFabulous.
SashaGeorge
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Writing!

LiLiTheFabulous wrote:

I know this is a silly thing to post but why not. I'm considering writing a love story. I have some characters and everything. I figured it's on the topic of writing? I'm new to the forums..
No, don't worry about it! Yes, this topic is about writing, so yeah! BTW, love stories are awesome! My friend ( Katie_Tomcat ) wrote a love story and she read it out in class and everyone loved it! Sure you should write a love story! Plus, make sure you are following the discussion
theonewholived90
Scratcher
7 posts

Writing!

AHH!! I have writer's block! i need ideas for my novel im doing at school!!
HELP!
SashaGeorge
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Writing!

theonewholived90 wrote:

AHH!! I have writer's block! i need ideas for my novel im doing at school!!
HELP!
Ok!!! First, think of a main character name. Is it a girl or boy?
Ideas for this section!
If it is a girl call her Moonlight or Shadow.
If it is a boy call him Tristan or Tim.
Then think of a backstory for your characters.
does Moonlight have a tragic past? Has Tristan have more to him than meets the eye?…
Then think of a storyline based around that backstory.
Does a person Shadow does not want to EVER want to see again reappear?
Than think of a title-
Eg. More to Me I love thinking up titles so ask me about this one
Hope this helps!
Be super inventive but keep it real
theonewholived90
Scratcher
7 posts

Writing!

Thanks! i have a idea now
SashaGeorge
Scratcher
1000+ posts