Discuss Scratch

Kitten-da-Cat
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School Computers

CalebPRF wrote:

According to the Scratch Paste Browser Button, it says: wrote:

My browser / operating system: ChromeOS 14268.79.0, Chrome 96.0.4664.204, No Flash version detected.
Sign me up……

Kitten-da-Cat wrote:

My browser / operating system: ChromeOS 14526.57.0, Chrome 100.0.4896.64, No Flash version detected
How did you get an upgrade to your chromebook? I'm behind in terms of up to date.

oh, that's my chromebook that i use for school. (I still have to update it lol)

Last edited by Kitten-da-Cat (April 13, 2022 18:03:31)

Signed:
J. N.

Here is my cute cat:
kami_no_shami
Scratcher
60 posts

School Computers

My school has the current base dell, and a computer lab with rtx 2070's

hey- looking for an anime community? here at The scratch anime studio, we have you covered! We are a friendly, tight community, and we are looking for someone like YOU! Join today! ( https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/25466283/comments )

-shami
mrrecordman
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School Computers

kami_no_shami wrote:

My school has the current base dell, and a computer lab with rtx 2070's
RTX?!?!?!?! That’s REALLY good!

Ernie bangs the sound,
But no one's spoken since half past four

put this in your signature if you have abandoned your account
CalebPRF
Scratcher
100+ posts

School Computers

Twinklespeak wrote:

Lol, my school itself IS the computer. (I go to an online school.)
How is online school so far?

Hi Windows 7 fan here!
I'm CalebPRF, pretty active, obsessed with Windows and Object Shows.
Please look at my projects, they are really good.

Fun Facts About Windows 7! :)
if <Fan of Windows 7> then
Respect for them!
end

Hooray! 50th post! :D
Twinklespeak
Scratcher
100+ posts

School Computers

CalebPRF wrote:

Twinklespeak wrote:

Oh, it's really good. Much better than face-to-face imo.
I can sit in my pajamas all day (no ridiculous dress code to follow), I don't have to be around any people I don't like, deadlines aren't really as strict, no contracting yucky seasonal diseases spread by physical contact (allergies excluded from this), I can work overtime if I need to without having to bring a bunch of junk home, I can go wherever the heck I want during break time, it's generally just a less stressful environment for a huge walking ball of anxiety like me, and there are more reasons why it's a billion times better than in-person but I'm gonna leave it here because otherwise we'd be here all day.

TL;DR: Online school good, 10/10, would recommend unless you're one of those people that absolutely detests it for whatever reason.

“The color of infinity inside an empty glass…”
Not very active on Scratch anymore. More likely to be seen on the forums than the main site.
allbookmonkey
Scratcher
500+ posts

School Computers

Twinklespeak wrote:

I can sit in my pajamas all day (no ridiculous dress code to follow), I don't have to be around any people I don't like, deadlines aren't really as strict, no contracting yucky seasonal diseases spread by physical contact (allergies excluded from this), I can work overtime if I need to without having to bring a bunch of junk home, I can go wherever the heck I want during break time, it's generally just a less stressful environment for a huge walking ball of anxiety like me, and there are more reasons why it's a billion times better than in-person but I'm gonna leave it here because otherwise we'd be here all day.

TL;DR: Online school good, 10/10, would recommend unless you're one of those people that absolutely detests it for whatever reason.
also if you have to go to the bathroom or get water you're not disturbing anyone by going and you don't have to miss anything (:

ally / abm

|| ♀ || ♙ || † || ✎ || ♪ ||
CalebPRF
Scratcher
100+ posts

School Computers

Twinklespeak wrote:

CalebPRF wrote:

Twinklespeak wrote:

For me, I went the exact opposite. Although online school does have some benefits, like being in a more conformate environment, it also causes, at least for me, lack fo focus. The fact that you just sit there and listen to possibly six hours of school without any positive interaction whatsoever. Also, I often glitched from my classes due to the threatening yet helpful factor called Wifi. I do have to agree tho, it causes way less stress.

Hi Windows 7 fan here!

Respect for them!
end

superscratchmaker536
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School Computers

My browser / operating system: ChromeOS 14388.61.0, Chrome 98.0.4758.107, No Flash version detected

I may be stupid.
sukune
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School Computers

Twinklespeak wrote:

luckyyy.. i've been homeschooled sometimes and it's the best

“I'm an orca on a stroll.” | my actual voice! | ask me for my business card
dual_creator43
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School Computers

CalebPRF wrote:

Twinklespeak wrote:

CalebPRF wrote:

Twinklespeak wrote:

For me, I went the exact opposite. Although online school does have some benefits, like being in a more conformate environment, it also causes, at least for me, lack fo focus. The fact that you just sit there and listen to possibly six hours of school without any positive interaction whatsoever. Also, I often glitched from my classes due to the threatening yet helpful factor called Wifi. I do have to agree tho, it causes way less stress.
I could tolerate online school and even liked it to an extent. The days often felt very short because we used a block schedule (only three periods per day but for a longer time) and I also liked being able to eat lunch at home and not waste time going to and from school. Still, in-person school is much more interactive, both with lessons and with the other students. With distance learning I would occasionally go to another tab and did something else while waiting for something important to happen. It's also harder to talk to your friends if you aren't able to contact them online, and cheating seemed like it was a big problem since video cameras weren't always enforced and they only covered so much. While health is an issue in person—especially since recently my area stopped enforcing masks—I would still prefer in-person school.

Our school gives every student their own Chromebook, which aren't half bad, but the Wi-Fi is really bad in some places.

I'm dual_creator43, and I hope I've done well with anything. (Projects, forum replies, etc.) My Scratch habits include:
  • checking my inbox
  • being active in the forums
  • working on my projects (sometimes)
Check out more about me by clicking here or here. Happy Scratching!

My most famous quote: “Nothing good ever comes from posting near the end of a page.”
This is probably the best post anyone has ever made for me.
Don't you hate it when your signature isn't big enough to show everything you put in it?

But I guess it doesn't matter since you're (probably) using Shift+↓.
thirteenoclock
Scratcher
30 posts

School Computers

honestly the chromebooks wouldn’t be that bad if they didn’t install so much spyware to it
it makes me so nervous + it still works on other computers as long as you’re logged into your school account

every 60 seconds, a minute passes. please fund my fight to slow time so we can prevent this. thank you
CalebPRF
Scratcher
100+ posts

School Computers

dual_creator43 wrote:

CalebPRF wrote:

Twinklespeak wrote:

CalebPRF wrote:

Twinklespeak wrote:

I could tolerate online school and even liked it to an extent. The days often felt very short because we used a block schedule (only three periods per day but for a longer time) and I also liked being able to eat lunch at home and not waste time going to and from school. Still, in-person school is much more interactive, both with lessons and with the other students. With distance learning I would occasionally go to another tab and did something else while waiting for something important to happen. It's also harder to talk to your friends if you aren't able to contact them online, and cheating seemed like it was a big problem since video cameras weren't always enforced and they only covered so much. While health is an issue in person—especially since recently my area stopped enforcing masks—I would still prefer in-person school.

Our school gives every student their own Chromebook, which aren't half bad, but the Wi-Fi is really bad in some places.
I have to agree at this one. Also, I was glitched very badly during online school time. I felt like it really sucked the enjoyment and fun learning of being in school, and made interactive classrooms into dull lectures. There are some positive benefits however, you can manage and develop your time better due to online school, and it reduces stress. Due to the peculiar nature of online classrooms, they weren't a lot of room for engagement throughout the classroom, so activities were heavily reduced in terms of difficulty. Also, due to Covid conditions, and the trending amount of games out there because of this isolation, like Among Us, people started going to play games. This is what I believe could be the main factor of lack of participation in educational online learning due to the lack of morale included in those students. You can easily see this example with what you experience with these two different types of learning. Compare being in a classroom, with materials and interactive tools for you to learn. Although the tests and assignments are more rigorous, the environment itself is inclusive, unless there is abuse coming from teachers or students. Compare that to staring at a computer for 7 hours, with no interaction whatsoever. Sure, you have features like… um…. raising your hand and chat… but I don't think that's necessary a fun environment don't you think? You would rather watch Youtube videos about Cake Storytime than boring lectures, in case of the student. The whole premise of online school was to make up for the closure of schools all across America, to continue educational learning in a second way. Since schools didn't have enforcement options (they do now), it was really tedious to keep track of online activity, so cheating became the easiest thing in the world. My rating for online school is a 6/10, has potential but executed in a messy way. Argue with me if I'm wrong.

Hi Windows 7 fan here!

Respect for them!
end

sukune
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School Computers

why do chromebooks act like they're connected to the internet and randomly die out for no reason? i have really good internet, i even use it for cloud streaming games but my chromebook refuses to connect sometimes and dies out

-KingBobUniverse-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School Computers

My browser / operating system: MacOS Macintosh X 10.15.6, Safari 15.4, No Flash version detected
dont even know why it says macos, we dont even get computers, we get ipads

Moved to Tophatted-
-ElectronicArts-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School Computers

goguardian is the worst. it can close tab *

-KingBobUniverse-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School Computers

-ElectronicArts- wrote:

agree, goguardian ruined my life during online school

Moved to Tophatted-
CalebPRF
Scratcher
100+ posts

School Computers

-ElectronicArts- wrote:

I have to disagree. That option is mostly available so that teachers can exit out of tabs that are not appropriate to school education.

Hi Windows 7 fan here!

Respect for them!
end

sukune
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School Computers

whats up with lightspeed blocking websites that only one person in the school knows, its crazy

CalebPRF
Scratcher
100+ posts

School Computers

sukune wrote:

whats up with lightspeed blocking websites that only one person in the school knows, its crazy
Scratch literally crashed just now lol.

Hi Windows 7 fan here!

Respect for them!
end

allbookmonkey
Scratcher
500+ posts

School Computers

sukune wrote:

VOUCH
ive seen tons of websites get blocked that maybe 2-3 people total know about lol its wild

ally / abm

|| ♀ || ♙ || † || ✎ || ♪ ||