Discuss Scratch

kami_no_shami
Scratcher
60 posts

School Computers

baconpancake66 wrote:

They run scratch projects surprisingly well.
they doo :eyes:

hey- looking for an anime community? here at The scratch anime studio, we have you covered! We are a friendly, tight community, and we are looking for someone like YOU! Join today! ( https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/25466283/comments )

-shami
Kannasene
Scratcher
23 posts

School Computers

allbookmonkey wrote:

--otaku wrote:

Honestly, am I the only one who doesn't have a chromebook and has windows? I kinda want a chromebook bc my keyboard keeps disconnecting and I HATE using the touch screen keyboard.
ayyy yeah i don't have a chromebook and i also have windows! i'm pretty fond of the school laptop i have though haha

Kannasene wrote:

allbookmonkey wrote:

Hasanmajid10 wrote:

Kannasene wrote:

I found this website where u can look up images and its not blocked (for example I like anime pfps) its rlly annoying cause i can be looking up stuff for my school project and its blocked so it helps
looking up anime pfps at school :OOOOOoOooO
God forbid you look up anime pfp's in school xd
what website, if you're ok with sharing?
anime pfps are evil > /j
Lol here you go: https://www.faganfinder.com/img/
Btw, press bing!
Thank you!! ^^
no probs
CatGuyAnimates
Scratcher
100+ posts

School Computers

so my school computers have had their security decimated by the kids in my class(it's an IT class, what did they expect?). some fool forgot to block chrome extensions, so everyones using a vpn to get around the schools blocking system, which for the most part is just over the network. and theres this one kid whos bought like 5 domains over the past couple of months due to the school blocking his site repeatably(its nothing special, just a bunch of open source games). they got minecraft working within the first week of school too.

the chromebooks are locked down a lot better though. you cant even get an ad-blocker(WHICH THEY HAVE PRE-INSTALLED ON THE DESKTOPS I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY THEY DO NOT LET US HAVE ONE ON THE CHROMEBOOKS????). they also have this jank method of letting teachers control chromebooks, which has led to habit of putting "hi " in the address bar while i play solitaire in class because its the most interesting game to play on these things.

(she/her) Mostly inactive nowadays. stand with ukraine.
allbookmonkey
Scratcher
500+ posts

School Computers

CatGuyAnimates wrote:

so my school computers have had their security decimated by the kids in my class(it's an IT class, what did they expect?). some fool forgot to block chrome extensions, so everyones using a vpn to get around the schools blocking system, which for the most part is just over the network. and theres this one kid whos bought like 5 domains over the past couple of months due to the school blocking his site repeatably(its nothing special, just a bunch of open source games). they got minecraft working within the first week of school too.

the chromebooks are locked down a lot better though. you cant even get an ad-blocker(WHICH THEY HAVE PRE-INSTALLED ON THE DESKTOPS I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY THEY DO NOT LET US HAVE ONE ON THE CHROMEBOOKS????). they also have this jank method of letting teachers control chromebooks, which has led to habit of putting "hi " in the address bar while i play solitaire in class because its the most interesting game to play on these things.
LMAOOOO the people in our district did the same, but our tech department evolved at a faster speed and now everything's iced down :')

ally / abm

|| ♀ || ♙ || † || ✎ || ♪ ||
roketH77
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School Computers

We all have iPads now

Moved to reidling–
kami_no_shami
Scratcher
60 posts

School Computers

allbookmonkey wrote:

CatGuyAnimates wrote:

LMAOOOO the people in our district did the same, but our tech department evolved at a faster speed and now everything's iced down :')
sammmeeee

hey- looking for an anime community? here at The scratch anime studio, we have you covered! We are a friendly, tight community, and we are looking for someone like YOU! Join today! ( https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/25466283/comments )

-shami
funderburker
Scratcher
100+ posts

School Computers

CatGuyAnimates wrote:

same- my school uses securly but people keep finding unblocked game websites because the school can’t block all of them fast enough

Last edited by funderburker (Dec. 15, 2021 15:14:48)

kjhgsdgfhjkjhdytfutiyohugyftdyigyuftdtrdfg
allbookmonkey
Scratcher
500+ posts

School Computers

funderburker wrote:

CatGuyAnimates wrote:

same- my school uses securly but people keep finding unblocked game websites because the school can’t block all of them fast enough
LMAOOO one of my friends made one, i don't think it's blocked yet (i forgot the url so i can't check HAHAHAHA)

ally / abm

kami_no_shami
Scratcher
60 posts

School Computers

funderburker wrote:

CatGuyAnimates wrote:

omg securely >

-shami
-ElectronicArts-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School Computers

lenovo something with chrombooks

lovecreamuh
Scratcher
100+ posts

School Computers

kami_no_shami wrote:

funderburker wrote:

CatGuyAnimates wrote:

omg securely >
my school uses securly and i hate it like i cant even even do anything good on it i have to look up fnf unblocked just to play

hi! and welcome^^ im a big big fan of toh and amphia!^^ oh and friday night funking i watch to much dream smp^^ thats all!^^[
life is a big rollercostride ;-;
when green flag clicked
play sound [why was i born this way i.don't.know. :p ] until done
“this is not the tommy smp or the tubbo smp its the dream smp!”wise words from C!dream
IDontNoWatIAm
Scratcher
500+ posts

School Computers

lovecreamuh wrote:

my school uses securly and i hate it like i cant even even do anything good on it i have to look up fnf unblocked just to play

Thats… the point of a filter?

Legend has it that to this day, there is still no effort to patch the GoGuardian freeze bug
wacky man with 500+ forum posts
blah blah blah this is my siggy under the gray line blah blah blah kumquat ate the rest blah blah blah

set pen color to [test]
NitroTyper3000
Scratcher
100+ posts

School Computers

Wow. Scratch just got unblocked! It had been blocked forever. our school uses Dell Latitude 3120s.
Kannasene
Scratcher
23 posts

School Computers

CatGuyAnimates wrote:

sigh I can't even download a vpn the school's blockage system is bullet proof ( ;´^`
Fat_Cat222
Scratcher
100+ posts

School Computers

Here is a story passed down from my friend that I think fits in this topic.

So, a few days ago, my friend photoshopped me and my crush together as a joke. So, as a way to get revenge, I photoshopped them and their crush together and emailed it to them. The one mistake I made, however, was that I emailed it to them using my school iPad, and the school can see everything we send to each other using those. However, no one seemed to notice my email until my friend responded “That’s cyberbullying!” (as a joke, might I add.) But, this set off a thing called Gaggle which all of our iPads have. A few minutes into their science class, their teacher got a call that said they need to go to the counselor’s office. Nervously, they went to the office. When they got there, the counselor asked them if they were being abused or bullied or something. My friend had to explain that they were joking, and nothing was wrong. The counselor said “Ok, but we’ll make sure to keep and eye on Fat_Cat222! They could be trouble.” (they said my actual name IRL, but I don’t want to say that online.) My friend said “Okay,” and started to leave. But then, on the way out, the counselor said the worst thing they possibly could have…
“It’s great that you’ve found friends that accept your sexuality!” they have a crush on a girl and are non-binary.

And that’s why I hate the fact that schools can see all of your emails.

exphire but bad
lovecreamuh
Scratcher
100+ posts

School Computers

thats just one of the things they filter they filter friendly stuff to

hi! and welcome^^ im a big big fan of toh and amphia!^^ oh and friday night funking i watch to much dream smp^^ thats all!^^[
life is a big rollercostride ;-;
when green flag clicked
play sound [why was i born this way i.don't.know. :p ] until done
“this is not the tommy smp or the tubbo smp its the dream smp!”wise words from C!dream
allbookmonkey
Scratcher
500+ posts

School Computers

NitroTyper3000 wrote:

Wow. Scratch just got unblocked! It had been blocked forever. our school uses Dell Latitude 3120s.
ayyyy nice! we use a similar brand, but a bit different model ^^

ally / abm

Frizja
Scratcher
48 posts

School Computers

We have Minecraft on our school computers, but they sometimes dont really work.
I think their browser is firefox or something like this, but iam not sure and they are windows computers.

I like carrots.
IDontNoWatIAm
Scratcher
500+ posts

School Computers

Frizja wrote:

I think their browser is firefox or something like this, but iam not sure and they are windows computers.
Oh yeah, I remember me and a few friends were in a club, and one of them had a USB with like 9,125,734,687 copies of Minecraft 1.5.2, and they gave me and my other friend copies of it on our school computers. I played on it quite often, and I think I uploaded a copy on an online storage service before deleting it on the school computer when the chromebook swap happened

Legend has it that to this day, there is still no effort to patch the GoGuardian freeze bug
wacky man with 500+ forum posts
blah blah blah this is my siggy under the gray line blah blah blah kumquat ate the rest blah blah blah

set pen color to [test]
Kannasene
Scratcher
23 posts

School Computers

IDontNoWatIAm wrote:

Frizja wrote:

Oh yeah, I remember me and a few friends were in a club, and one of them had a USB with like 9,125,734,687 copies of Minecraft 1.5.2, and they gave me and my other friend copies of it on our school computers. I played on it quite often, and I think I uploaded a copy on an online storage service before deleting it on the school computer when the chromebook swap happened
I only have education minecraft, rarely works though