Discuss Scratch

roketH77
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School Computers

sukune wrote:

i wonder why teachers are so fascinated to buy 100 dollar chromebooks that break easily
Google gave them out for free to schools so they think they are the best thing in The world

Moved to reidling–
sukune
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School Computers

roketH77 wrote:

sukune wrote:

i wonder why teachers are so fascinated to buy 100 dollar chromebooks that break easily
Google gave them out for free to schools so they think they are the best thing in The world
oh. google is going the really cheap route with the chromebooks then

“I'm an orca on a stroll.” | my actual voice! | ask me for my business card
lovecreamuh
Scratcher
100+ posts

School Computers

true my school has 100$ chromebooks

hi! and welcome^^ im a big big fan of toh and amphia!^^ oh and friday night funking i watch to much dream smp^^ thats all!^^[
life is a big rollercostride ;-;
when green flag clicked
play sound [why was i born this way i.don't.know. :p ] until done
“this is not the tommy smp or the tubbo smp its the dream smp!”wise words from C!dream
allbookmonkey
Scratcher
500+ posts

School Computers

surprisingly my school has pretty decent computers, but sometimes they're running experimental software which messes stuff up a lot lol

ally / abm

|| ♀ || ♙ || † || ✎ || ♪ ||
SuperSonicmario
Scratcher
100+ posts

School Computers

I originally had machines from 2003 running Windows XP with small LCDs (4:3, 15“ to 19”), along with one 19“ CRT (still in there!). Then they started failing one by one and were replaced with slightly newer machines on Windows 7, but I got moved to a different computer room that had Lenovo PCs with i3s, Windows 10 and 22” 1080p monitors.
I don't trust Lenovo, but there's two other computers I can use for assignments: a HP tower with a Core 2 Duo and Windows 10 hooked up to a 1440×900 monitor, and a Dell Latitude D531 with Windows Vista.
The D531 is quite slow (HDD on its way out?), but I enjoy every moment of using it.
I want to defenestrate the HP tower every time I must use it because Windows 10's background processes thrash the HDD and make the system take several minutes to reach the desktop after logging in. It also has Ctrl disabled, so copying and pasting is more difficult. So is killing processes to make the system usable.

Edit: I forgot that the usernames are the same as the passwords.

Last edited by SuperSonicmario (March 13, 2022 11:54:06)

allbookmonkey
Scratcher
500+ posts

School Computers

SuperSonicmario wrote:

I originally had machines from 2003 running Windows XP with small LCDs (4:3, 15“ to 19”), along with one 19“ CRT (still in there!). Then they started failing one by one and were replaced with slightly newer machines on Windows 7, but I got moved to a different computer room that had Lenovo PCs with i3s, Windows 10 and 22” 1080p monitors.
I don't trust Lenovo, but there's two other computers I can use for assignments: a HP tower with a Core 2 Duo and Windows 10 hooked up to a 1440×900 monitor, and a Dell Latitude D531 with Windows Vista.
The D531 is quite slow (HDD on its way out?), but I enjoy every moment of using it.
The HP tower is also unusable at times due to Windows 10's background services running on the HDD. It also has Ctrl disabled, so copying and pasting is more difficult. So is killing processes to make the system usable.
how come you don't trust Lenovo? :0 idk much about them

ally / abm

--otaku
Scratcher
100+ posts

School Computers

Honestly, am I the only one who doesn't have a chromebook and has windows? I kinda want a chromebook bc my keyboard keeps disconnecting and I HATE using the touch screen keyboard.

im back wooh oo

rei / she/they / minor / idk / woundedbear.carrd.co go there thxxxxx
lovecreamuh
Scratcher
100+ posts

School Computers

--otaku wrote:

Honestly, am I the only one who doesn't have a chromebook and has windows? I kinda want a chromebook bc my keyboard keeps disconnecting and I HATE using the touch screen keyboard.
personly im not a fan of chromebooks butr i do want a windows

hi! and welcome^^ im a big big fan of toh and amphia!^^ oh and friday night funking i watch to much dream smp^^ thats all!^^[
life is a big rollercostride ;-;
when green flag clicked
play sound [why was i born this way i.don't.know. :p ] until done
“this is not the tommy smp or the tubbo smp its the dream smp!”wise words from C!dream
Kannasene
Scratcher
23 posts

School Computers

allbookmonkey wrote:

Hasanmajid10 wrote:

Kannasene wrote:

I found this website where u can look up images and its not blocked (for example I like anime pfps) its rlly annoying cause i can be looking up stuff for my school project and its blocked so it helps
looking up anime pfps at school :OOOOOoOooO
God forbid you look up anime pfp's in school xd
what website, if you're ok with sharing?
anime pfps are evil > /j
Lol here you go: https://www.faganfinder.com/img/
Btw, press bing!
kami_no_shami
Scratcher
60 posts

School Computers

running off modded chrome os babbyyyy (done by yours truly)

hey- looking for an anime community? here at The scratch anime studio, we have you covered! We are a friendly, tight community, and we are looking for someone like YOU! Join today! ( https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/25466283/comments )

-shami
kami_no_shami
Scratcher
60 posts

School Computers

sukune wrote:

roketH77 wrote:

sukune wrote:

oh. google is going the really cheap route with the chromebooks then
its more that they are suuupper cheap to repair, rather than something like a macbook would cost more than the original price of the macine

hey- looking for an anime community? here at The scratch anime studio, we have you covered! We are a friendly, tight community, and we are looking for someone like YOU! Join today! ( https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/25466283/comments )

-shami
neon-liqhts
Scratcher
62 posts

School Computers

my school's system for restricting stuff on youtube makes no sense. whenever we have free time and are allowed on youtube, i can't find ANY sherlock holmes (1984 version) content when it works at home. the only things that could possibly get the video i was looking for blocked was one depiction of a gun (not being fired AT ALL) , but you can literally watch people stream call of duty…

the only actually good reason i can think of for blocking sherlock holmes is that there are scenes where he takes illegal medicine but the video i'm looking for doesn't even have that in so i don't even know why its blocked

(also cannot be copyright since the video i'm looking for works at home and i don't use a vpn or anything)

uhhh

crowcore cyberpunk cottagecore artist reader sherlockian aromantic dude

i use he/they pronouns

Kannasene
Scratcher
23 posts

School Computers

neon-liqhts wrote:

my school's system for restricting stuff on youtube makes no sense. whenever we have free time and are allowed on youtube, i can't find ANY sherlock holmes (1984 version) content when it works at home. the only things that could possibly get the video i was looking for blocked was one depiction of a gun (not being fired AT ALL) , but you can literally watch people stream call of duty…

the only actually good reason i can think of for blocking sherlock holmes is that there are scenes where he takes illegal medicine but the video i'm looking for doesn't even have that in so i don't even know why its blocked

(also cannot be copyright since the video i'm looking for works at home and i don't use a vpn or anything)

Ah, worry not. I found a way to glitch it out! Though, it only works in a few time periods, like on week it will work then for 2 weeks it won't and so on-
But anyway, here's the tutorial: Make a second google account and add it to your chromebook (this isn't a penalty and it won't alert your teachers) Once this account is signed in, sign it in for youtube. This worked well for me at least, because I can see comments and all the videos.
PS. Type “timtok” instead of tiktok, I'm not assuming you wanna look it up, I just wanted to give a tip.

Happy holidays!
allbookmonkey
Scratcher
500+ posts

School Computers

--otaku wrote:

ayyy yeah i don't have a chromebook and i also have windows! i'm pretty fond of the school laptop i have though haha

Kannasene wrote:

allbookmonkey wrote:

Hasanmajid10 wrote:

Kannasene wrote:

I found this website where u can look up images and its not blocked (for example I like anime pfps) its rlly annoying cause i can be looking up stuff for my school project and its blocked so it helps
looking up anime pfps at school :OOOOOoOooO
God forbid you look up anime pfp's in school xd
what website, if you're ok with sharing?
anime pfps are evil > /j
Lol here you go: https://www.faganfinder.com/img/
Btw, press bing!
Thank you!! ^^

ally / abm

TheAvacado11
Scratcher
23 posts

School Computers

My school uses mostly laptops that become almost after they die(run out of battery). The only working desktop is a 2015 iMac (which I fixed the resolution on). Also some of the laptops are REALLY LAGGY.

forever
hide
end
DC382
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School Computers

Funny Quotes about Savvas Quality from my middle school days.
“Pearson will make you want to take a baseball bat to the Chromebook. Once you have a chromebook”. - My 6th Grade Math Teacher
Band Class: *talking about SNK bosses*
Me: Savvas. *agreement*
Coding Class Discussion: *gets question wrong* answer: 1e30, his answer: 10^30;
Him: SOMEONE PUT ONE TOO MANY =

RIP Permaspike: 14/7/2018 - 4/4/2023

How did you learn JS? *compares it to having to do a 10 kilometer dash with burning legos*
How did you learn HTML? *compares to pick-a-door levels in SMM2*
How did you learn CSS? Mozilla and Stack Overflow our lords and saviors.
How did you learn JSON? Plants Versus Zombies 2. Not even kidding.

I study game design in my free time, and things I noticed about the cream of the crop indies:
- Consistent God-Tier Music (Cuphead, Undertale, PVZ, Pizza Tower, Super Meat Boy (Danny B. Soundtrack))
- Unique Visuals (Cuphead's entire existence, PVZ1, Pizza Tower, Super Meat Boy, Untitled Goose Game, Hollow Knight)
- Excellent Gameplay (Cuphead, PVZ, Pizza Tower, Meat Boy, A Hat In Time, Spelunky, BTD, Hollow Knight)
- Modding Support (Pizza Tower, A Hat In Time, Terraria (Calamity music is Awesome))
- Replayability (BTD, Pizza Tower, Terraria, Super Meat Boy)
- Challenge (SUPER MEAT BOY, Hollow Knight)
(I haven't played Stardew Valley, so I cant state my view, and my ' key almost doesnt work.)
kami_no_shami
Scratcher
60 posts

School Computers

TheAvacado11 wrote:

My school uses mostly laptops that become almost after they die(run out of battery). The only working desktop is a 2015 iMac (which I fixed the resolution on). Also some of the laptops are REALLY LAGGY.
ohhooohohooo your running off mac… *amatures* *laughs maniacally in chrome os*

-shami
kami_no_shami
Scratcher
60 posts

School Computers

https://preview.redd.it/6kb9jgnjnfc01.jpg?auto=webp&s=b08ec7551c90cecb370240a52a075ecf35723536
literally our chromebooks

-shami
allbookmonkey
Scratcher
500+ posts

School Computers

TheAvacado11 wrote:

oh for some reason some of ours are broken-ish - they'll last for like an hour on 0% before dying o_o

ally / abm

baconpancake66
Scratcher
8 posts

School Computers

They run scratch projects surprisingly well.