Discuss Scratch

allbookmonkey
Scratcher
500+ posts

School Computers

lovecreamuh wrote:

for some reason my school allows us to download things but only from the site like i have youtube and that santa tracker app yes i stalk santa from the 1st of december (I MEAN THE ONE FROM GOOGLE) but i cant download NEW WALLPAPERS BRU? well actually we cant even download anything from the google store.o_O
aw D: have you tried exporting from Scratch? that's how i get sound sometimes if i really want it

ally / abm

|| ♀ || ♙ || † || ✎ || ♪ ||
medians
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School Computers

funderburker wrote:

CatGuyAnimates wrote:

so my school computers have had their security decimated by the kids in my class(it's an IT class, what did they expect?). some fool forgot to block chrome extensions, so everyones using a vpn to get around the schools blocking system, which for the most part is just over the network. and theres this one kid whos bought like 5 domains over the past couple of months due to the school blocking his site repeatably(its nothing special, just a bunch of open source games). they got minecraft working within the first week of school too.

the chromebooks are locked down a lot better though. you cant even get an ad-blocker(WHICH THEY HAVE PRE-INSTALLED ON THE DESKTOPS I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY THEY DO NOT LET US HAVE ONE ON THE CHROMEBOOKS????). they also have this jank method of letting teachers control chromebooks, which has led to habit of putting "hi " in the address bar while i play solitaire in class because its the most interesting game to play on these things.
same- my school uses securly but people keep finding unblocked game websites because the school can’t block all of them fast enough
Same, except now it blocks literally everything.
Web Archive is blocked.
Inspect element is blocked.
We once needed an image for an assignment, and it was blocked by Securly.
Turbowarp is blocked because of “games”. However, Scratch isn't blocked.
Mega is blocked because of “Anonymous Proxies” and not “Streaming Media” unlike the image.
Then we have another extension that blocks literally everything else, including unblocked stuff.
And the website of that extension is also blocked by Securly.
Turning off extensions is blocked by the district.
They always pre-load the extensions.
Getting new extensions is blocked.
Then we have like 2 classes that have Macs that only block social media and very inappropriate stuff. But then they restrict videos on certain accounts and it's easy to simply log out of the google account to watch the videos. Sometimes it lets you install extensions but other times it doesn't let you even get in the web store or it says it's blocked by an administrator. And if I bypassed it I might not be in school after that.
For some reason, “Forretress Explosion” videos are also restricted on the accounts. It's probably the “explosion” part, but why.

Last edited by medians (March 24, 2022 18:10:54)

Medians bamboozled by 3.0 (version 3.0): https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/979822351/
hi875230163394: You're similar to valve in that you both hate a certain number…
Scratch 0.x, 1.x, 2.x, 3.x and LogoBlocks Archives
Bamboozlement: https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/33739789
Years on internet: 15 (soon 16)
medians: Oh god not this utc - 12 thing again..
Fun_Cupcake_i81: What, were you expecting not to see the utc - 12 thing again? THE UTC - 12 THIGN ALWAYS RETURNS. ALWAYS.
medians: I knew it would happen. I was the one who started it last year.
Fun_Cupcake_i81: Well then if you didn't want it back maybe you need to time travel to last year and fix that

Oh wait if you could time travel I think we all know exactly when you would go-
user1: That picture is from 2.0. Now he’s at my house and is my pet.
user2: But this is medians we're talking about, so “from 2.0” can mean the same thing as “from five seconds ago”.

Detect Scratch version here
My other accounts: @selfexplanatory @modesties @chaircard @fireflyhero @dividendyield @colloids @radians @skeuamorphism @dihectogon @anglebisector @aau- @EditBlockColors @AdamantOrb @MoongeistBeam @festively @Ampharos_ @straightforwardness
i trolled redcat LOL

if you see this
{what method did you use::control hat
answer on profile ::motion
} ::operators

;
sukune
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School Computers

figured out how to get youtube mp3 converters after searching through every single page. aaaugh, brutal. lightspeed is like the worst

“I'm an orca on a stroll.” | my actual voice! | ask me for my business card
llMori
Scratcher
500+ posts

School Computers

our school doesn't have computers

i mean we have one but it's like, old

“who needs efficient sentences when we have the power of being random?”
||| Newest Project ( art dump #4 ) || My Best || All Projects || Reserved for Future |||
||| Mori, Jetta, Jettatura || she/her || asexual loser || tf2, dr/ut, petscop, pokemon, lost and unused media |||
||| funny ocular || If I only had a few funny website links here! |||

PencilOnTheDesk
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School Computers

I don't know what computers we have, but they're the ones with a massive separate box and a monitor. We're only allowed to use them in specific lessons, and they have this thing where the teacher can see our screens on their computer, and lock us out if we're doing something we shouldn't (and share their screens onto ours for demonstrations).
We also have Chromebooks which teachers can book out for lessons. I find them really annoying and we only use them for research tasks.
We also have our own school email.

Hi!
I’m into Percy Jackson, Harry Potter, Grange Hill, BBC Ghosts, Murder Most Unladylike and some other stuff. I also like reading, writing and listening to music- mostly 80s. My favourite bands are a-ha, Duran Duran, Tears For Fears, Adam and the Ants, Def Leppard and Bon Jovi.

Generation 5: the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.

***Are you dreaming?***
allbookmonkey
Scratcher
500+ posts

School Computers

sukune wrote:

figured out how to get youtube mp3 converters after searching through every single page. aaaugh, brutal. lightspeed is like the worst
AGREE (sobs in lightspeed)

they've blocked carrd and now it's so annoying aaaa
some really good resources are on carrd sites and now i cant access them anymore ;;

ally / abm

mrkeith101
Scratcher
500+ posts

School Computers

me casually finding a platform that the school didn't block that runs super mario 64: YEAH! a few months later that site gets blocked

then I found another one

Hi! I'm mrkeith101 and thanks for reading my post! I would always like to help.
Please view some of my projects! It's so easy! Just click my profile pic and click on one of my projects!
Contest plz join! https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/643397339/

64lu
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School Computers

mrkeith101 wrote:

me casually finding a platform that the school didn't block that runs super mario 64: YEAH! a few months later that site gets blocked

then I found another one
wait what
mrkeith101
Scratcher
500+ posts

School Computers

64lu wrote:

mrkeith101 wrote:

then I found another one
wait what

Yeah. I've been trying to find other gaming sites as well since my school blocked coolmathgames and 3kh0(if you don't know 3kh0 is another gaming site)

Hi! I'm mrkeith101 and thanks for reading my post! I would always like to help.
Please view some of my projects! It's so easy! Just click my profile pic and click on one of my projects!
Contest plz join! https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/643397339/

Dotumantaraye
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School Computers

hi guys
i just found out that ocular is blocked on my computer

im gonna hope that they don't block turbowarp because i'm currently making a game in it that uses a custom screen size
allbookmonkey
Scratcher
500+ posts

School Computers

mrkeith101 wrote:

then I found another one
theyre evolving lol

ally / abm

TheAvacado11
Scratcher
23 posts

School Computers

Anyone else just hack there school's 30 yr old sever network?

forever
hide
end
radscience
Scratcher
100+ posts

School Computers

school computers suck lol

roketH77
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School Computers

I’m pretty sure my schools computers are thinclients as if everyone opens word at the same time it stops responding.

Moved to reidling–
Dotumantaraye
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School Computers

roketH77 wrote:

I’m pretty sure my schools computers are thinclients as if everyone opens word at the same time it stops responding.
whats a thinclient is that like when theres a giant server at the school and theyre running like a few hundred vms or smth one for each one of the school computers so like the school can monitor basically everything
IDontNoWatIAm
Scratcher
500+ posts

School Computers

Dotumantaraye wrote:

whats a thinclient is that like when theres a giant server at the school and theyre running like a few hundred vms or smth one for each one of the school computers so like the school can monitor basically everything
I feel like at that rate it would be easier to just get individual computers

Legend has it that to this day, there is still no effort to patch the GoGuardian freeze bug
wacky man with 500+ forum posts
blah blah blah this is my siggy under the gray line blah blah blah kumquat ate the rest blah blah blah

set pen color to [test]
allbookmonkey
Scratcher
500+ posts

School Computers

roketH77 wrote:

PFFFF thats actually kind of a funny exploit

ally / abm

CalebPRF
Scratcher
100+ posts

School Computers

My school literally has a application forced-installed on our school computers called GoGuardian. It allows teachers to literally track you not only at school but at home to. They have remote access to your computer and can literally track whatever your doing. I know its supposed to be a good thin but it sounds creepy…..

Hi Windows 7 fan here!
I'm CalebPRF, pretty active, obsessed with Windows and Object Shows.
Please look at my projects, they are really good.

Fun Facts About Windows 7! :)
if <Fan of Windows 7> then
Respect for them!
end

Hooray! 50th post! :D
Dotumantaraye
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School Computers

IDontNoWatIAm wrote:

Dotumantaraye wrote:

I feel like at that rate it would be easier to just get individual computers
i searched it up and:

Wikipedia wrote:

In computer networking, a thin client is a simple computer that has been optimized for establishing a remote connection with a server-based computing environment. The server does most of the work, which can include launching software programs, performing calculations, and storing data.
i feel like i'm mostly correct

CalebPRF wrote:

My school literally has a application forced-installed on our school computers called GoGuardian. It allows teachers to literally track you not only at school but at home to. They have remote access to your computer and can literally track whatever your doing. I know its supposed to be a good thin but it sounds creepy…..
i think there was once a lawsuit against goguardian once for recording people via the computer webcam without people's permission (i think they removed that feature since) so yeah goguardian has a reputation

i don't get why schools track student's computers i think they don't need to do that
TheGlassPenguin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

School Computers

Dotumantaraye wrote:

i don't get why schools track student's computers i think they don't need to do that
I agree. The CIPA law doesn't say anything about tracking our browsing history, only blocking inappropriate content.