Discuss Scratch

Rendangbike2
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Change the Scratch Domain

mumu245 wrote:

Stop saying scratch.org redirects. You can change it to be the main website!
Yes, there's a whole conspiracy by Jeffalo!

the2000
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Rendangbike2 wrote:

mumu245 wrote:

Stop saying scratch.org redirects. You can change it to be the main website!
Yes, there's a whole conspiracy by Jeffalo!
I mean, after the scratch.team incident, I think he's right…

Steve0Greatness
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bump??? This seems like it's coming…

/hj is the worst tone indicator. It's confusing and ambiguous. I hate it. The point of tone indicators is to indicate tone, or the way that a piece of text should be read, but what does “half joking” mean? Do you just wake up in the morning and think “wow, I really have something I want to talk about seriously but also kinda not, IDK you decide.” It's useless. I hate it. It just provokes a deep rooted anger within me whenever I see it. People just comment /hj as if it makes any sense. It doesn't. Oh wow, it's a tone indicator that's has a relative meaning, how useful, I'll use it in every comment I post. NO. STOP IT. You're a tone indicator, you have only one job, and yet you sit there doing nothing apart angering me.

/srs

^^^ (there's more below)
This one is useful because it tells you that this signature is fully 100% serious. (/srs) Who would've thought that tone indicators needed to tell you something about the piece of text they're attached to? /s

I'm serious, I'm not even going to put multiple (/hj)s a the end of my signature as to mock the previous paragraph for not getting the point of something(like previous version of my signature). /srs
9gr
Scratcher
1000+ posts

scratch.org would be much better than scratch.mit.edu in my opinion
Steve0Greatness
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bump…

/hj is the worst tone indicator. It's confusing and ambiguous. I hate it. The point of tone indicators is to indicate tone, or the way that a piece of text should be read, but what does “half joking” mean? Do you just wake up in the morning and think “wow, I really have something I want to talk about seriously but also kinda not, IDK you decide.” It's useless. I hate it. It just provokes a deep rooted anger within me whenever I see it. People just comment /hj as if it makes any sense. It doesn't. Oh wow, it's a tone indicator that's has a relative meaning, how useful, I'll use it in every comment I post. NO. STOP IT. You're a tone indicator, you have only one job, and yet you sit there doing nothing apart angering me.

/srs

^^^ (there's more below)
This one is useful because it tells you that this signature is fully 100% serious. (/srs) Who would've thought that tone indicators needed to tell you something about the piece of text they're attached to? /s

I'm serious, I'm not even going to put multiple (/hj)s a the end of my signature as to mock the previous paragraph for not getting the point of something(like previous version of my signature). /srs
mumu245
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bump.

select this text then press Ctrl+Shift+Down to read more
Steve0Greatness
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bump

/srs

^^^ (there's more below)

Rendangbike2
Scratcher
1000+ posts

9gr wrote:

Are you sure?

Steve0Greatness
Scratcher
1000+ posts

bump(I'm going to stop bumping this soon, I'm not planning to change the op anymore…)

/srs

^^^ (there's more below)

9gr
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Rendangbike2 wrote:

9gr wrote:

Are you sure?
Tbh its easier to type on phone
mumu245
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bump.

select this text then press Ctrl+Shift+Down to read more
liamboyhalo
Scratcher
500+ posts

I don't think the ST would appreciate moving the API, user data and website to a new domain.

prevent (kumquat v) attacks :: motion // This block protects everyone viewing the signature from kumquat attacks! 
Last edited by Moderator* (Tommorow 00:00:00)
IndianRuby718
Scratcher
100+ posts

Steve0Greatness wrote:

I'm not planning to change the op anymore
I was just about to ask if you could add scratchco.de and scratch.co.de from here:

IndianRuby718 wrote:

mybearworld wrote:

Scratchcod.es - Maybe ScratchCo.de, but really not Codes, It just feels out of place, when you can already do .codes.
Good point.. “scratchco.de” sounds a lot better. Maybe that and “scratch.co.de” could be added to the OP

gosoccerboy5 wrote:

co.de is already taken, so there's a no for scratch.co.de
scratchco.de sounds tacky (isn't that the German GLTD?)
not that scratch.codes isn't tacky
from page 10… :P

So… I didn't update my signature for over a year XP But… I left the forums, and I'm not coming back anytime soon
(and I'm not updating my signature)

Both stickied Suggestions Directories currently have 138 replies.
Only fdreerf can break the equilibrium.

Za-chary wrote:

I get more frustrated with people telling me about “mass reporting” than I do about “mass reporting” itself.
source
good luck digging up the original reply in the comments
ctrl+f exists

https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/post/6961734/

Bug with the color effect I would really like to see fixed

EEEEEEE   DDDDDD    IIIIIIII  TTTTTTTT           NNN    NN     OOOOO
EE DD DD II TT :: NNNN NN OO OO
EEEEEEE DD DD II TT NN NN NN OO OO
EE DD DD II TT :: NN NN NN OO OO
EE DD DD II TT NN NNNN OO OO
EEEEEEE DDDDDD IIIIIIII TT NN NNN OOOOO
Hand-done.

< :: extension>
< :: custom-arg>
< :: motion>

Don't click this link…
Steve0Greatness
Scratcher
1000+ posts

IndianRuby718 wrote:

Steve0Greatness wrote:

I'm not planning to change the op anymore
I was just about to ask if you could add scratchco.de and scratch.co.de from here:

IndianRuby718 wrote:

mybearworld wrote:

Scratchcod.es - Maybe ScratchCo.de, but really not Codes, It just feels out of place, when you can already do .codes.
Good point.. “scratchco.de” sounds a lot better. Maybe that and “scratch.co.de” could be added to the OP

gosoccerboy5 wrote:

co.de is already taken, so there's a no for scratch.co.de
scratchco.de sounds tacky (isn't that the German GLTD?)
not that scratch.codes isn't tacky
from page 10… :P
if it's from page 10, fine

/srs

^^^ (there's more below)

dertermenter
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I would hate it if it changes. The current one has stuck forever and there is no reason to change it.

The2000 wrote:

All suggestions are unnecessary. If a suggestion is necessary then it's a bug report.

dertermenter wrote:

April Fools Day on the forums has been a repeated privilege, not an expectation
the2000
Scratcher
1000+ posts

dertermenter wrote:

I would hate it if it changes. The current one has stuck forever and there is no reason to change it.
I'm pretty certain that they're going to migrate to scratch.org at this point, and I've decided to make peace with that decision. I just thought it sounded like a stupid thing to get worked up over. That being said, I still don't think that many of the ideas given here are very good.

64lu
Scratcher
1000+ posts

the2000 wrote:

dertermenter wrote:

I'm pretty certain that they're going to migrate to scratch.org at this point, and I've decided to make peace with that decision. I just thought it sounded like a stupid thing to get worked up over. That being said, I still don't think that many of the ideas given here are very good.
why “pretty certain”

edit: also, this

Last edited by 64lu (Feb. 15, 2021 17:02:43)

the2000
Scratcher
1000+ posts

64lu wrote:

the2000 wrote:

dertermenter wrote:

why “pretty certain”
Because they made scratch.team redirect to scratch.org, which is currently a redirect to scratch.mit.edu. I don't see any reason why they would do that unless they're planning to move to scratch.org soon.

gosoccerboy5
Scratcher
1000+ posts

the2000 wrote:

dertermenter wrote:

Um
https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/post/4863518/

the2000
Scratcher
1000+ posts

gosoccerboy5 wrote:

the2000 wrote:

dertermenter wrote:

Um
https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/post/4863518/
Oh, okay. I hadn't heard of that before. Either way if they ever plan to switch I don't really think I'll care all that much.