Discuss Scratch

gosoccerboy5
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Change the Scratch Domain

lovecodeabc wrote:

app.scratch.org
That would only make sense for the app..

Steve0Greatness
Scratcher
1000+ posts

gosoccerboy5 wrote:

lovecodeabc wrote:

app.scratch.org
Yes, it would

/hj is the worst tone indicator. It's confusing and ambiguous. I hate it. The point of tone indicators is to indicate tone, or the way that a piece of text should be read, but what does “half joking” mean? Do you just wake up in the morning and think “wow, I really have something I want to talk about seriously but also kinda not, IDK you decide.” It's useless. I hate it. It just provokes a deep rooted anger within me whenever I see it. People just comment /hj as if it makes any sense. It doesn't. Oh wow, it's a tone indicator that's has a relative meaning, how useful, I'll use it in every comment I post. NO. STOP IT. You're a tone indicator, you have only one job, and yet you sit there doing nothing apart angering me.

/srs

^^^ (there's more below)
This one is useful because it tells you that this signature is fully 100% serious. (/srs) Who would've thought that tone indicators needed to tell you something about the piece of text they're attached to? /s

I'm serious, I'm not even going to put multiple (/hj)s a the end of my signature as to mock the previous paragraph for not getting the point of something(like previous version of my signature). /srs
Rendangbike2
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Steve0Greatness wrote:

gosoccerboy5 wrote:

lovecodeabc wrote:

app.scratch.org
Yes, it would
How?

Jeffalo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

i don't know if i said this before but maybe I'll reiterate

scratch should really only use scratch.org or scratch.mit.edu everything else looks super tacky and unprofessional.

that being said, they should try to acquire similar domains (scrat.ch etc) but not use them as the domain.

if scratch does switch domains, search engines will be confused and everybody would be unhappy. scratch wouldn't come up as #1 or it might have to compete with itself which is wacky.

hi! i still exist, but ocular (scratch forum search) is currently down. sorry!! i am still working on scratch adjacent things though.

my website: jeffalo.net | ocular: scratch forum search

mumu245
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Mryellowdoggy wrote:

I think that scratch.org would be nice for the main domain or maybe scratch.edu. If we got scrat.ch we could use this for redirects and to shorten links.
Yes! No scratch.com because “com” is commercial

select this text then press Ctrl+Shift+Down to read more
ScratchCatHELLO
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Again, I think by far the best options if we did this would be scratch.org and scratch.edu.

ScratchCatHELLO
I have 5600+ posts, I've been on scratch for 5 1/2 years, I'm a Forum Helper™ and I have a Scratch Wiki account!
I like: Python, CSS, Javascript, Rust

Python 3 Text Adventure
cool new browser game - cursed laughing-crying emoji - Illuminati - you know waterbenders, but do you know stock-imagebenders? - snek - vibin' - Bump song (vevo) - Speed bump - yee - fred - m i c k e y
gosoccerboy5
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Question: would I be able to create my own website called scratch.codes?

Jeffalo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

gosoccerboy5 wrote:

yes, nothing is stopping you except trademark laws

hi! i still exist, but ocular (scratch forum search) is currently down. sorry!! i am still working on scratch adjacent things though.

gosoccerboy5
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Jeffalo wrote:

gosoccerboy5 wrote:

I'm no legal expert so who might be trying to stop me? Would it be scratch itself?

Steve0Greatness
Scratcher
1000+ posts

gosoccerboy5 wrote:

Jeffalo wrote:

gosoccerboy5 wrote:

I'm no legal expert so who might be trying to stop me? Would it be scratch itself?
well, you can't T.M. 1 word or letter(ex. Apple tried to copy right “i”), so nothing can really stop you from making that website

/hj is the worst tone indicator. It's confusing and ambiguous. I hate it. The point of tone indicators is to indicate tone, or the way that a piece of text should be read, but what does “half joking” mean? Do you just wake up in the morning and think “wow, I really have something I want to talk about seriously but also kinda not, IDK you decide.” It's useless. I hate it. It just provokes a deep rooted anger within me whenever I see it. People just comment /hj as if it makes any sense. It doesn't. Oh wow, it's a tone indicator that's has a relative meaning, how useful, I'll use it in every comment I post. NO. STOP IT. You're a tone indicator, you have only one job, and yet you sit there doing nothing apart angering me.

/srs

^^^ (there's more below)
This one is useful because it tells you that this signature is fully 100% serious. (/srs) Who would've thought that tone indicators needed to tell you something about the piece of text they're attached to? /s

I'm serious, I'm not even going to put multiple (/hj)s a the end of my signature as to mock the previous paragraph for not getting the point of something(like previous version of my signature). /srs
Jeffalo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

gosoccerboy5 wrote:

Jeffalo wrote:

gosoccerboy5 wrote:

im not a laywer either, but you might be fine to do it but scratch has in the past abused their power to get scratch.org so idk

gosoccerboy5
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Oh oof. So if I got scratch.codes then the ST might start wanting it from me?

64lu
Scratcher
1000+ posts

gosoccerboy5 wrote:

Oh oof. So if I got scratch.codes then the ST might start wanting it from me?
probably not, as .codes isn't as popular as .org, but it might still be nice to be cautious
the2000
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Jeffalo wrote:

scratch should really only use scratch.org or scratch.mit.edu everything else looks super tacky and unprofessional.
if scratch does switch domains, search engines will be confused and everybody would be unhappy. scratch wouldn't come up as #1 or it might have to compete with itself which is wacky.
No support again, for these reasons.

Scratcher
100+ posts

No support. To me it doesn't matter.

(☁ 216138)
You'll either find me on Gamejolt, Scratch, or some other lesser used website.
Proud scratcher for almost 4 years now.
That's all you need to know.
IndianRuby718
Scratcher
100+ posts

Oookay, you should really add “redirecting” as a possibility in the OP, or else you're just going to get more no supports :P

mybearworld wrote:

Time to give my opinion to every URL given in the OP…
almost every (forgot scratch.foundation :P)

mybearworld wrote:

Scratchcod.es - Maybe ScratchCo.de, but really not Codes, It just feels out of place, when you can already do .codes.
Good point.. “scratchco.de” sounds a lot better. Maybe that and “scratch.co.de” could be added to the OP

So… I didn't update my signature for over a year XP But… I left the forums, and I'm not coming back anytime soon
(and I'm not updating my signature)

Both stickied Suggestions Directories currently have 138 replies.
Only fdreerf can break the equilibrium.

Za-chary wrote:

I get more frustrated with people telling me about “mass reporting” than I do about “mass reporting” itself.
source
good luck digging up the original reply in the comments
ctrl+f exists

https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/post/6961734/

Bug with the color effect I would really like to see fixed

EEEEEEE   DDDDDD    IIIIIIII  TTTTTTTT           NNN    NN     OOOOO
EE DD DD II TT :: NNNN NN OO OO
EEEEEEE DD DD II TT NN NN NN OO OO
EE DD DD II TT :: NN NN NN OO OO
EE DD DD II TT NN NNNN OO OO
EEEEEEE DDDDDD IIIIIIII TT NN NNN OOOOO
Hand-done.

< :: extension>
< :: custom-arg>
< :: motion>

Don't click this link…
gosoccerboy5
Scratcher
1000+ posts

co.de is already taken, so there's a no for scratch.co.de
scratchco.de sounds tacky (isn't that the German GLTD?)
not that scratch.codes isn't tacky

Last edited by gosoccerboy5 (Jan. 7, 2021 23:59:40)

mumu245
Scratcher
1000+ posts

the2000 wrote:

Jeffalo wrote:

It will add redirects from the old domain to the new one.

Last edited by mumu245 (Jan. 8, 2021 06:55:49)

select this text then press Ctrl+Shift+Down to read more
64lu
Scratcher
1000+ posts

mumu245 wrote:

the2000 wrote:

Jeffalo wrote:

It will add redirects from the old domain to the new one.
sure but there would still be 2 domains appearing on search engines
mybearworld
Scratcher
1000+ posts

gosoccerboy5 wrote:

co.de is already taken, so there's a no for scratch.co.de
scratchco.de sounds tacky (isn't that the German GLTD?)
not that scratch.codes isn't tacky
Yes, it's the german gltd, and as a german myself, honestly, scratchco.de would be… weird…

IndianRuby718 wrote:

almost every (forgot scratch.foundation :P)
Scratch.foundation is just weird, and shouldn't that refer to scratchfoundation.org, not scratch itself?

Signatures are the only place where assets links still work.