imfh
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minecraft Official Topic

MontyDoggo wrote:

potatophant wrote:

imfh wrote:

-snip-
Bedrock “mods” are more like plugins really. A while back I tried making addons imitating the challenges you can see people doing with plugins such as bees multiply, all mobs explode, lava rises, and mobs multiply. I got all those to work and I also made one which randomized mob ai with a selection of behaviors (so a cow might be creeper, a ghast or something else). It was pretty interesting.
The official Mojang modding solution is called “addons”

so ur close
They're not really adding anything new to the game. Add-ons just change certain game elements.
Yes, I know they are called addons. I actually used the beta scripting api for several of those which can be used to create new behaviors.

Last edited by imfh (Oct. 9, 2020 17:41:20)

Scratch to Pygame converter: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/600562/
gdpr5b78aa4361827f5c2a08d700
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minecraft Official Topic

imfh wrote:

MontyDoggo wrote:

potatophant wrote:

imfh wrote:

-snip-
Bedrock “mods” are more like plugins really. A while back I tried making addons imitating the challenges you can see people doing with plugins such as bees multiply, all mobs explode, lava rises, and mobs multiply. I got all those to work and I also made one which randomized mob ai with a selection of behaviors (so a cow might be creeper, a ghast or something else). It was pretty interesting.

so ur close
They're not really adding anything new to the game. Add-ons just change certain game elements.
Yes, I know they are called addons. I actually used the beta scripting api for several of those which can be used to create new behaviors.
i asked this a while ago

does anyone know what happened to the scripting api? it seems to have disappeared
RL1123
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minecraft Official Topic

potatophant wrote:

Dragonlord767 wrote:

78ch3 wrote:

I’m a number 1. Add more. Add silver or something. And give bedrock mods ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Anyone else feel like mojang and microsoft should have done this stoof earlier?
Bedrock pretty much has mods. Have you looked on mcpedl.com? I think the reason that the mods are not as drastic as many java ones are because of the stronger modding community on Java. That's probably because of Bedrock's origins as PE and legacy console.
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

most technical players play java
Lol I play on console. PvP is kinda hard.
pIUFEWGEWPPPUEWR9832 Sorry, you have to wait 60 seconds between posts.

through tough thorough thought, though

Signature #11
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minecraft Official Topic

rayli1123 wrote:

potatophant wrote:

Dragonlord767 wrote:

78ch3 wrote:

I’m a number 1. Add more. Add silver or something. And give bedrock mods ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Bedrock pretty much has mods. Have you looked on mcpedl.com? I think the reason that the mods are not as drastic as many java ones are because of the stronger modding community on Java. That's probably because of Bedrock's origins as PE and legacy console.

plug in pc peripherals

or just get a pc. theyre just better. in every way.
78ch3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minecraft Official Topic

potatophant wrote:

imfh wrote:

MontyDoggo wrote:

potatophant wrote:

imfh wrote:

-snip-

so ur close
i asked this a while ago

does anyone know what happened to the scripting api? it seems to have disappeared
I made an addon where creepers where rideable (kinda), grow bigger at night and shoot fireballs occasionally, but’s it no mod. I’m getting java anyway, since I’m getting parts for a Gaming PC

Sup, I’m 78ch3, person on the internet, TBGForums Member, owner of 78ch3's Everything Shop™ + The United Shops Of Scratch + Scratch Shop Reviewers Federation, and a very lazy person in general (IDK why). My pronouns are she/they for anyone interested. The bold orange words are links. Click them plz
Click here to find out how to get into any scratch account, without the password
Liquid Metal LLC - Information, Investigation, Infiltration /|\ Click to join the Advanced Stealth Combat RP /|\

My PC: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X, AMD Radeon RX 6800XT ROG Strix Liquid cooled OC edition, ROG Strix x570-E Gaming, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB), Seagate FireCuda 520 PCIe Gen 4 NVMe (500GB), Crucial P2 PCIe Gen 3 NVMe (1TB), Corsair HX1000, Gigabyte G34WQC, RIG 800HD.
I mostly play Fortnite, Minecraft, the Touhou Project series and Terraria

Oh, you won’t see this without a ctrl+shift+down.
People need better thumbnails.
Also there's a lot of anti-kumquat equipment but the kumquats are too scared to come within 100 kilometres of me.
zahmbie1
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minecraft Official Topic

rayli1123 wrote:

potatophant wrote:

Dragonlord767 wrote:

78ch3 wrote:

*laughs in console keyboard*
LydzWinry
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minecraft Official Topic

RANT
Disclaimer: I need to vent, I know that most players don't think Bedrock isn't valid, but I really need to get this off my chest, because no matter how many times I hear that Java's better, in any way, shape, or form, it still… idk how to put it.

I. Am. Sick. Of. It.

I know glorious Java is better than Bedrock in every way imaginable, no exceptions whatsoever. Even though Bedrock has cross-platform play.
But no, Java is superior and the only real version of Minecraft.
I get it.
Bedrock -THE ONLY VERSION I CAN PLAY- sucks. Servers suck, microtransactions suck, it's a big pile of suck, except for cross-platform play. And the Place-of-Markets-Which-Must-Not-Be-Named, lest an argument occurs, sucks.
Java is the good one.
Bedrock is the little brother who tries but can't cut it, no matter what.
I get it.
But, I can't lie.
It still hurts to hear it.
Java is the Universe of Awesomeness, and Bedrock is Trash Galaxy.
I know that, I know that, I know that, if so many people think Java is better, than that's a fact.
Oh, and if you say,
“If YoU dOn'T LiKe It, GeT a Pc!!!”
I will blow up like a volcano because not everyone has the money OR space to get a computer. YES, MY DAD HAS A COMPUTERL AND IT HAS JAVA, BUT IT CAN ONLY BE ACCESSED FROM HIS ACCOUNT AND IM NOT GOING ON MY DAD'S ACCOUNT WITHOUT PERMISSION!!!

Rant over, catharsis acheived.

Highlight part of my siggy and ctrl+shift+down to see more of it!
Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.
-C.S. Lewis
I'm on the cusp of Virgo and Libra and I'm a serious gamer. All hail the almighty snail.
Why Scratch is a social media platform: For context, the topic was a suggestion for better message filtering.
I run The Amethyst Shop 2.0 and ~The Rose Shop!~. NOTICE: THEY ARE BEING MERGED. ONCE THE MERGING HAS OCCURED, THE MERGED SHOP WILL BE ADVERTISED HERE.
64lu
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minecraft Official Topic

LydzWinry wrote:

RANT
Disclaimer: I need to vent, I know that most players don't think Bedrock isn't valid, but I really need to get this off my chest, because no matter how many times I hear that Java's better, in any way, shape, or form, it still… idk how to put it.

I. Am. Sick. Of. It.

I know glorious Java is better than Bedrock in every way imaginable, no exceptions whatsoever. Even though Bedrock has cross-platform play.
I get it.
Bedrock -THE ONLY VERSION I CAN PLAY- sucks. Servers suck, microtransactions suck, it's a big pile of suck, except for cross-platform play. And the Place-of-Markets-Which-Must-Not-Be-Named, lest an argument occurs, sucks.
Java is the good one.
I get it.
But, I can't lie.
I know that, I know that, I know that, if so many people think Java is better, than that's a fact.
Oh, and if you say,
I will blow up like a volcano because not everyone has the money OR space to get a computer. YES, MY DAD HAS A COMPUTERL AND IT HAS JAVA, BUT IT CAN ONLY BE ACCESSED FROM HIS ACCOUNT AND IM NOT GOING ON MY DAD'S ACCOUNT WITHOUT PERMISSION!!!

ok
imfh
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minecraft Official Topic

potatophant wrote:

-snip-
i asked this a while ago

It exists and works, but it is still in beta. The documentation hasn't updated in a while either (maybe because the api hasn't changed much?). However, I think they mentioned something about updating the docs at minecon, so hopefully we'll see some improvements.

78ch3 wrote:

I made an addon where creepers where rideable (kinda), grow bigger at night and shoot fireballs occasionally, but’s it no mod. I’m getting java anyway, since I’m getting parts for a Gaming PC
Neat!

Scratch to Pygame converter: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/600562/
llstml2
Scratcher
100+ posts

Minecraft Official Topic

LydzWinry wrote:

RANT

I. Am. Sick. Of. It.

I get it.
Java is the good one.
I get it.
But, I can't lie.
Oh, and if you say,

Don't tell imfh, but I think that the only real advantage that Java has over bedrock is the nostalgia value. Yeah,mods don't exist, and the servers aren't generally as good, but a lot of that is because of the community, not the game.
sowut123
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minecraft Official Topic

llstml2 wrote:

LydzWinry wrote:

RANT

I. Am. Sick. Of. It.

I get it.
Java is the good one.
I get it.
But, I can't lie.
Oh, and if you say,

Don't tell imfh, but I think that the only real advantage that Java has over bedrock is the nostalgia value. Yeah,mods don't exist, and the servers aren't generally as good, but a lot of that is because of the community, not the game.
Sorry, don't like microtransactions

Over the years, I've outgrown this website, so this is a mostly inactive account. I might come back from time to time to mess around, but don't count on it. Bye.
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minecraft Official Topic

zahmbie1 wrote:

rayli1123 wrote:

potatophant wrote:

Dragonlord767 wrote:

78ch3 wrote:

*laughs in pc, the infinitely supreme gaming platform*
LydzWinry
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minecraft Official Topic

potatophant wrote:

zahmbie1 wrote:

rayli1123 wrote:

potatophant wrote:

Dragonlord767 wrote:

78ch3 wrote:

*glares in the rant I posted*
*glares long and hard*
*glares a glare that would turn you into a pile of ashes if looks could kill*
*proceeds to stop because glares is starting to not sound like a word anymore in my head which always happens when I think too long/hard about a word ack*

Highlight part of my siggy and ctrl+shift+down to see more of it!
Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.
-C.S. Lewis
I'm on the cusp of Virgo and Libra and I'm a serious gamer. All hail the almighty snail.
Why Scratch is a social media platform: For context, the topic was a suggestion for better message filtering.
I run The Amethyst Shop 2.0 and ~The Rose Shop!~. NOTICE: THEY ARE BEING MERGED. ONCE THE MERGING HAS OCCURED, THE MERGED SHOP WILL BE ADVERTISED HERE.
zahmbie1
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minecraft Official Topic

potatophant wrote:

zahmbie1 wrote:

rayli1123 wrote:

potatophant wrote:

Dragonlord767 wrote:

78ch3 wrote:

*laughs in Xbox One X*
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minecraft Official Topic

LydzWinry wrote:

potatophant wrote:

zahmbie1 wrote:

rayli1123 wrote:

potatophant wrote:

Dragonlord767 wrote:

78ch3 wrote:

*glares long and hard*
*proceeds to stop because glares is starting to not sound like a word anymore in my head which always happens when I think too long/hard about a word ack*
disconnected from among us server because packet was not ack'd
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minecraft Official Topic

zahmbie1 wrote:

potatophant wrote:

zahmbie1 wrote:

rayli1123 wrote:

potatophant wrote:

Dragonlord767 wrote:

78ch3 wrote:

*laughs in Xbox One X*
*laughs because 1. you dont have one yet, and 2. pc is better even than one of those"

pc gets zen 3 first
pc gets faster ssds *yeh so sony think theyre ssds are the best do they, well they gotta think again, samsung been at work on 7GB/s ssds*
pc gets rdna2 first
pc has more games
pc more powerful
pc cheaper - you dont have to pay appauling prices for multiplayer

etc etc etc
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minecraft Official Topic

LydzWinry wrote:

potatophant wrote:

zahmbie1 wrote:

rayli1123 wrote:

potatophant wrote:

Dragonlord767 wrote:

78ch3 wrote:

*glares long and hard*
actually mainly i play pc bedrock cos all my friends do
abcdefg-_
Scratcher
100+ posts

Minecraft Official Topic

I'm only going to say, the crafting book on the left is sooooo bad compared to Bedrock

Minecraft, Roblox, Musician, computer nerd

Keep going down I have more signature! ctrl + shift + down

Computer Specs

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU, Intel(r) HD Graphics, 6GB RAM, Microsoft Windows 10 Home
ok I have a trash computer

Banner made by moonie-

Road to 500 posts

166 out of 500 posts

33.2% there!
Maximouse
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minecraft Official Topic

abcdefg-_ wrote:

I'm only going to say, the crafting book on the left is sooooo bad compared to Bedrock
Why?

This is Maximouse's signature. Learn more about signatures.
zahmbie1
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minecraft Official Topic

potatophant wrote:

zahmbie1 wrote:

potatophant wrote:

zahmbie1 wrote:

rayli1123 wrote:

potatophant wrote:

Dragonlord767 wrote:

78ch3 wrote:

*laughs in Xbox One X*
*laughs because 1. you dont have one yet, and 2. pc is better even than one of those"

pc gets zen 3 first
pc gets faster ssds *yeh so sony think theyre ssds are the best do they, well they gotta think again, samsung been at work on 7GB/s ssds*
pc gets rdna2 first
pc has more games
pc more powerful
pc cheaper - you dont have to pay appauling prices for multiplayer

etc etc etc
Bruh I said Xbox One X, not Xbox Series X