Discuss Scratch

64lu
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minecraft Official Topic

abcdefg-_ wrote:

I'm only going to say, the crafting book on the left is sooooo bad compared to Bedrock
honestly from what I remember from the bedrock version one, it's about the same

lets just be happy the recipe book is there at all, I can't remember more than 5 recipes for the life of me
Maximouse
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minecraft Official Topic

64lu wrote:

I can't remember more than 5 recipes for the life of me
But recipes are designed to be easy to remember.

This is Maximouse's signature. Learn more about signatures.
gdpr5b78aa4361827f5c2a08d700
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minecraft Official Topic

Maximouse wrote:

abcdefg-_ wrote:

I'm only going to say, the crafting book on the left is sooooo bad compared to Bedrock
Why?
its badly organised and can have different items per tile flashing between them
the bedrock one is soo much better
try them both out
also, the bedrock one only has one page
and loads of other things
Thesky-Media
Scratcher
500+ posts

Minecraft Official Topic

LydzWinry wrote:

RANT
Disclaimer: I need to vent, I know that most players don't think Bedrock isn't valid, but I really need to get this off my chest, because no matter how many times I hear that Java's better, in any way, shape, or form, it still… idk how to put it.

I. Am. Sick. Of. It.

I know glorious Java is better than Bedrock in every way imaginable, no exceptions whatsoever. Even though Bedrock has cross-platform play.
But no, Java is superior and the only real version of Minecraft.
I get it.
Bedrock -THE ONLY VERSION I CAN PLAY- sucks. Servers suck, microtransactions suck, it's a big pile of suck, except for cross-platform play. And the Place-of-Markets-Which-Must-Not-Be-Named, lest an argument occurs, sucks.
Java is the good one.
Bedrock is the little brother who tries but can't cut it, no matter what.
I get it.
But, I can't lie.
It still hurts to hear it.
Java is the Universe of Awesomeness, and Bedrock is Trash Galaxy.
I know that, I know that, I know that, if so many people think Java is better, than that's a fact.
Oh, and if you say,
“If YoU dOn'T LiKe It, GeT a Pc!!!”
I will blow up like a volcano because not everyone has the money OR space to get a computer. YES, MY DAD HAS A COMPUTERL AND IT HAS JAVA, BUT IT CAN ONLY BE ACCESSED FROM HIS ACCOUNT AND IM NOT GOING ON MY DAD'S ACCOUNT WITHOUT PERMISSION!!!

Rant over, catharsis acheived.
Just buy your own account or ask for one for Christmas or ur birthday jeez

click this link to reveal any scratcher's password!

join the piglin cult! Add the gif to your siggy and pfp! the link is https://u.cubeupload.com/UlsPPi/thebestthing.gif

64lu
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minecraft Official Topic

Maximouse wrote:

64lu wrote:

I can't remember more than 5 recipes for the life of me
But recipes are designed to be easy to remember.
i guess
imfh
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minecraft Official Topic

Maximouse wrote:

abcdefg-_ wrote:

Why?
In Bedrock, right clicking on a recipe will instantly craft it and send it to your inventory. Just right click torches a couple times to make some torches. Shift clicking will instantly craft an entire stack. It is super convenient, especially if you need to bulk craft or even if you just want to craft a couple random items.

Scratch to Pygame converter: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/600562/
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minecraft Official Topic

imfh wrote:

Maximouse wrote:

abcdefg-_ wrote:

Why?
In Bedrock, right clicking on a recipe will instantly craft it and send it to your inventory. Just right click torches a couple times to make some torches. Shift clicking will instantly craft an entire stack. It is super convenient, especially if you need to bulk craft or even if you just want to craft a couple random items.
yep
quicker and more convient
CakeandBott
Scratcher
100+ posts

Minecraft Official Topic

welp, arguing about Bedrock vs Java seems to be the only thing in this anymore
y'all can't resist it

h
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minecraft Official Topic

CakeandBott wrote:

welp, arguing about Bedrock vs Java seems to be the only thing in this anymore
y'all can't resist it
Minecraft: potatophant Edition

they need to make that
LydzWinry
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minecraft Official Topic

Thesky-Media wrote:

LydzWinry wrote:

RANT
Disclaimer: I need to vent, I know that most players don't think Bedrock isn't valid, but I really need to get this off my chest, because no matter how many times I hear that Java's better, in any way, shape, or form, it still… idk how to put it.

I. Am. Sick. Of. It.

I know glorious Java is better than Bedrock in every way imaginable, no exceptions whatsoever. Even though Bedrock has cross-platform play.
I get it.
Bedrock -THE ONLY VERSION I CAN PLAY- sucks. Servers suck, microtransactions suck, it's a big pile of suck, except for cross-platform play. And the Place-of-Markets-Which-Must-Not-Be-Named, lest an argument occurs, sucks.
Java is the good one.
I get it.
But, I can't lie.
I know that, I know that, I know that, if so many people think Java is better, than that's a fact.
Oh, and if you say,
I will blow up like a volcano because not everyone has the money OR space to get a computer. YES, MY DAD HAS A COMPUTERL AND IT HAS JAVA, BUT IT CAN ONLY BE ACCESSED FROM HIS ACCOUNT AND IM NOT GOING ON MY DAD'S ACCOUNT WITHOUT PERMISSION!!!

Um, not Mojang account. Microsoft account. I have a microsoft account, but the computer uses Windows, and the only way to even access the Java version is to somehow log in to my dad's Microsoft account on the pc, then log into the Mojang account. AND I'd have to figure out the passwords first. I'm not doing all that, especially since I'd have to get used to the control scheme, AND my mom's on her laptop all the time. So for the forseeable future, im stuck on bedrock. Anyway, it's not that bad when you're used to it.

Highlight part of my siggy and ctrl+shift+down to see more of it!
Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.
-C.S. Lewis
I'm on the cusp of Virgo and Libra and I'm a serious gamer. All hail the almighty snail.
Why Scratch is a social media platform: For context, the topic was a suggestion for better message filtering.
I run The Amethyst Shop 2.0 and ~The Rose Shop!~. NOTICE: THEY ARE BEING MERGED. ONCE THE MERGING HAS OCCURED, THE MERGED SHOP WILL BE ADVERTISED HERE.
excelguru
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minecraft Official Topic

HAVE YOU EVER NOTICED THAT NOBODY CAN MENTION (it)WITHOUT STARTING A 3-PAGE-LONG FLAME WAR?

DO YOU WANT THREE-PAGE-LONG FLAME WARS?

How to Make a Mouse Trail
Want to add a mouse trail to your Scratch projects? Try our latest tutorial!
64lu
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minecraft Official Topic

excelguru wrote:

HAVE YOU EVER NOTICED THAT NOBODY CAN MENTION (it)WITHOUT STARTING A 3-PAGE-LONG FLAME WAR?

DO YOU WANT THREE-PAGE-LONG FLAME WARS?
this piglin does not like flame wars

Last edited by 64lu (Oct. 10, 2020 21:14:30)

excelguru
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minecraft Official Topic

rayli1123 wrote:

CatsUnited wrote:

excelguru wrote:

Why does everyone want the build height raised when nobody actually builds above 128?
The clouds should be raised instead. The reason people don't build above 128 is because of those clouds. If the clouds are raised to 256, you won't have that problem.
Bet you if the height limit was increased the people on Hermitcraft would take full advantage of it. They gonna have massive cave bases with a needle sticking up all the way to the new height limit
lol the build wars
…as if people build any buildings from the ground to anywhere near the build limit already.
Because of clouds. If you want taller buildings, raise the clouds.

potatophant wrote:

bruh, loads of things are built above 128

big bases, some raid farms, etc
But rarely anything attached to the ground. Most of the time the space above 128 is used, it is used for floating things.

256 is high enough for a build limit. In fact it could even be lowered to something like 192. I don't want that to happen because it would damage existing worlds, but if in 1.2 the build height was raised to 192 instead of 256, it would probably be enough.

How to Make a Mouse Trail
Want to add a mouse trail to your Scratch projects? Try our latest tutorial!
-ShadowOfTheFuture-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minecraft Official Topic

excelguru wrote:

snip
I'd love to see the build height extended downwards to allow for more expansive caves and deeper oceans. That way, you could have absolutely massive ravines or multiple large caves on top of one another. Conflicts with previously-generated terrain would be a big problem, but perhaps the y-levels of older terrain could be adjusted to match up? That issue could also be prevented by extending terrain generation to negative y-values, perhaps replacing the current bedrock layer with a layer of obsidian and generating the actual bedrock layer farther down at, for example, y=-64, which could have the added benefit of another layer of progression with more ores and unique mobs.

In response to your statement about y=192 being enough, I disagree. Many good mob farms have to be at least 128 blocks away from the nearest spawnable terrain to run optimally, requiring them to be as high up as y=200. Having a max build height of 192 would require farm-builders to destroy a lot of terrain for optimal spawn rates.

Last edited by -ShadowOfTheFuture- (Oct. 10, 2020 22:46:35)

<Insert uncreative signature here>

██       ██  ██            ██  ██       ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██
███ ███ ██ ████ ██ ███ ███
█████████ █████ █████ █████████

“Though the seasons come and go, and sunshine turns to snow, we will always have tomorrow up ahead.”
B0o0lean
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minecraft Official Topic

zahmbie1 wrote:

potatophant wrote:

zahmbie1 wrote:

rayli1123 wrote:

potatophant wrote:

Dragonlord767 wrote:

78ch3 wrote:

I’m a number 1. Add more. Add silver or something. And give bedrock mods ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Anyone else feel like mojang and microsoft should have done this stoof earlier?
Bedrock pretty much has mods. Have you looked on mcpedl.com? I think the reason that the mods are not as drastic as many java ones are because of the stronger modding community on Java. That's probably because of Bedrock's origins as PE and legacy console.
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

most technical players play java
Lol I play on console. PvP is kinda hard.
pIUFEWGEWPPPUEWR9832 Sorry, you have to wait 60 seconds between posts.
*laughs in console keyboard*
*laughs in pc, the infinitely supreme gaming platform*
*laughs in Xbox One X*
*laughs in fortnite*

haha different dance eight it's no longer å i changed it how does that feel

i go by pyrei/pyra btw, b0o0lean is a stupid username idk why i named myself that
cheatcodeman
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minecraft Official Topic

B0o0lean wrote:

zahmbie1 wrote:

potatophant wrote:

zahmbie1 wrote:

rayli1123 wrote:

potatophant wrote:

Dragonlord767 wrote:

78ch3 wrote:

I’m a number 1. Add more. Add silver or something. And give bedrock mods ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Anyone else feel like mojang and microsoft should have done this stoof earlier?
Bedrock pretty much has mods. Have you looked on mcpedl.com? I think the reason that the mods are not as drastic as many java ones are because of the stronger modding community on Java. That's probably because of Bedrock's origins as PE and legacy console.
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

most technical players play java
Lol I play on console. PvP is kinda hard.
pIUFEWGEWPPPUEWR9832 Sorry, you have to wait 60 seconds between posts.
*laughs in console keyboard*
*laughs in pc, the infinitely supreme gaming platform*
*laughs in Xbox One X*
*laughs in fortnite*
*laughs in cubes*

Thesky-Media
Scratcher
500+ posts

Minecraft Official Topic

LydzWinry wrote:

Thesky-Media wrote:

LydzWinry wrote:

RANT

I. Am. Sick. Of. It.

I get it.
Java is the good one.
I get it.
But, I can't lie.
Oh, and if you say,

Um, not Mojang account. Microsoft account. I have a microsoft account, but the computer uses Windows, and the only way to even access the Java version is to somehow log in to my dad's Microsoft account on the pc, then log into the Mojang account. AND I'd have to figure out the passwords first. I'm not doing all that, especially since I'd have to get used to the control scheme, AND my mom's on her laptop all the time. So for the forseeable future, im stuck on bedrock. Anyway, it's not that bad when you're used to it.
ask for a microsoft account then

join the piglin cult! Add the gif to your siggy and pfp! the link is https://u.cubeupload.com/UlsPPi/thebestthing.gif

LydzWinry
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minecraft Official Topic

Thesky-Media wrote:

LydzWinry wrote:

Thesky-Media wrote:

LydzWinry wrote:

RANT

I. Am. Sick. Of. It.

I get it.
Java is the good one.
I get it.
But, I can't lie.
Oh, and if you say,

Uh… Did you even read it completely? If you had, you would've seen that I do have a Microsoft account, but Java can only be accessed from my dad's Microsoft account. Anyway, since it probably wasn't clear enough, I don't want to continue talking about it.

Highlight part of my siggy and ctrl+shift+down to see more of it!
Integrity is doing the right thing, even when no one is watching.
-C.S. Lewis
I'm on the cusp of Virgo and Libra and I'm a serious gamer. All hail the almighty snail.
Why Scratch is a social media platform: For context, the topic was a suggestion for better message filtering.
I run The Amethyst Shop 2.0 and ~The Rose Shop!~. NOTICE: THEY ARE BEING MERGED. ONCE THE MERGING HAS OCCURED, THE MERGED SHOP WILL BE ADVERTISED HERE.
Thesky-Media
Scratcher
500+ posts

Minecraft Official Topic

LydzWinry wrote:

Thesky-Media wrote:

LydzWinry wrote:

Thesky-Media wrote:

LydzWinry wrote:

RANT

I. Am. Sick. Of. It.

I get it.
Java is the good one.
I get it.
But, I can't lie.
Oh, and if you say,

Uh… Did you even read it completely? If you had, you would've seen that I do have a Microsoft account, but Java can only be accessed from my dad's Microsoft account. Anyway, since it probably wasn't clear enough, I don't want to continue talking about it.
just download java on your account you dont have to pay for the launcher jeez

haha passive-aggressive quote chain go brr

64lu
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Minecraft Official Topic

64lu wrote:

this piglin does not like flame wars